A Full Go on Riviera Resort

I think it's never a good idea to buy just enough points to book the lowest cost category, if it's the most limited in quantity. SV studios are already the first category to go and they might develop a serious availability issue at 11 months. Better to buy enough points for preferred and then be happy if one can get standard.
It's true that Tower Studios are cheaper, but they are also considerably smaller. They've been described by DisneyTouristBlog as "claustrophobic for 2 people", and they're used to visit Japan, where hotel rooms are the size of the average closet of US houses. They're a good deal for 1 or 2 people but they're not for everyone. SV studios will be the hottest commodity at Riviera.

I was able to tour the room. There is plenty of room for 2 people..
Maybe they are used to 1 BR rooms? We are coming from always staying in Value or Moderate with 2 queen beds. We are mostly interested in buying DVC to be able to stay at all there other hotels outside of Value and Moderates. The Tower Studio looks perfectly fine for me and my wife. Does anyone know the Sq feet of the tower studio?

Own BCV and stay a lot at BWV and totally agree with you. Love them but certainly not worth rack rate in the least.
The Skyliner is a 7 minute ride to the Epcot international entrance and then a short walk to the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club from there. Thats kind of a plus thats its so easy to get there.

Maybe they are used to 1 BR rooms? We are coming from always staying in Value or Moderate with 2 queen beds. We are mostly interested in buying DVC to be able to stay at all there other hotels outside of Value and Moderates. The Tower Studio looks perfectly fine for me and my wife. Does anyone know the Sq feet of the tower studio?

255 sg ft.

You can find DVC room details here:
https://easywdwforums.com/threads/dvc-rooms-charts-with-detailed-room-info.20457/

I think it's never a good idea to buy just enough points to book the lowest cost category, if it's the most limited in quantity. SV studios are already the first category to go and they might develop a serious availability issue at 11 months. Better to buy enough points for preferred and then be happy if one can get standard.
It's true that Tower Studios are cheaper, but they are also considerably smaller. They've been described by DisneyTouristBlog as "claustrophobic for 2 people", and they're used to visit Japan, where hotel rooms are the size of the average closet of US houses. They're a good deal for 1 or 2 people but they're not for everyone. SV studios will be the hottest commodity at Riviera.

I think you are right and that SV will be the first to go and one should plan on not always getting them, depending on when one goes.

I also think times like summer, should be okay at 11 months for quite a few years before we see the crunch. October to December, yes, 11 month booking will even be tough.

I am looking forward to Tower studios for a few solo trips when it will allow me to stay there, and still see similar point costs as places like SSR or BWV SV.

I think you are right and that SV will be the first to go and one should plan on not always getting them, depending on when one goes.

I also think times like summer, should be okay at 11 months for quite a few years before we see the crunch. October to December, yes, 11 month booking will even be tough.

I am looking forward to Tower studios for a few solo trips when it will allow me to stay there, and still see similar point costs as places like SSR or BWV SV.

I was looking to get a Tower Studio for an anniversary weekend trip in August. A room is available, but it would cost 21 points a night. It’s hard to justify that amount for the space considering I can get a standard studio at AKL for 18 points a night.

I want to stay at the Riviera and try the rooms. I liked what I saw when I visited earlier this month. What I’ll probably end up doing is if they are available, switch my days in late October from a CCV studio to a preferred Riviera studio.

I was looking to get a Tower Studio for an anniversary weekend trip in August. A room is available, but it would cost 21 points a night. It’s hard to justify that amount for the space considering I can get a standard studio at AKL for 18 points a night.

I want to stay at the Riviera and try the rooms. I liked what I saw when I visited earlier this month. What I’ll probably end up doing is if they are available, switch my days in late October from a CCV studio to a preferred Riviera studio.

I think, in general, if you’re trying to stretch points, you shouldn’t stay at any of the “higher cost” resorts. They’ll almost always, probably always, be higher. AKV, SSR, and OKW are where you should go to make your points go the farthest. VGF, Poly, BLT, and now RIV are places you stay because you want to not because they’re a good deal. They’re not economical on the hotel or DVC side. Just my $.02.

I know it would be a tough pill for spending points for that when other options are cheaper. If someone is happy staying at those less expensive places, then spending more probably makes little sense,

For me, I am particular at where I stay and value the resort choice over cheaper options. For me, AKV and OKW will only be resorts of last choice,

I think, in general, if you’re trying to stretch points, you shouldn’t stay at any of the “higher cost” resorts. They’ll almost always, probably always, be higher. AKV, SSR, and OKW are where you should go to make your points go the farthest. VGF, Poly, BLT, and now RIV are places you stay because you want to not because they’re a good deal. They’re not economical on the hotel or DVC side. Just my $.02.

I’m not about stretching points. It’s about value for them. The Tower Studios are very small. I think the point cost associated with them is too high. If I do end up buying a smaller contract at Riviera, I would focus on getting the standard view rooms.

I totally Agree. If we buy 100 Points at Riviera over SSR direct, a nice bonus with Riviera is it lasts till 2070 so it has more length in contract if I pass it to our kids or resell in 30-35 years vs SSR. I don't mind sleeping around at all.

I’m not about stretching points. It’s about value for them. The Tower Studios are very small. I think the point cost associated with them is too high. If I do end up buying a smaller contract at Riviera, I would focus on getting the standard view rooms.

I hear you. That’s us too. The tower studio doesn’t interest me for now. Standard view on the other hand is very interesting to us. I have 2x SV studios and 1x SV 2BR booked for the fall. We’re going with friends. Hopefully, one of those pesky hurricanes doesn’t hit here or there when we plan to go. :crazy2:

I hear you. That’s us too. The tower studio doesn’t interest me for now. Standard view on the other hand is very interesting to us. I have 2x SV studios and 1x SV 2BR booked for the fall. We’re going with friends. Hopefully, one of those pesky hurricanes doesn’t hit here or there when we plan to go. :crazy2:

Riviera would be a great place to be stuck during a hurricane. You would have access to the lobby, food options, and space. Unlike OKW and SSR where you’d be stuck in a room.

Riviera would be a great place to be stuck during a hurricane. You would have access to the lobby, food options, and space. Unlike OKW and SSR where you’d be stuck in a room.
All seriousness aside. If I'm stuck in a Hurricane, I'd consider myself very very lucky to be stuck at Disney :) Its probably one of the safest places to be :p

Hmm our agent hasn't mentioned any welcome offer. I'm asking him now about Riviera Availability for june 5-11th and he said the whole place is booked up for those dates.

Hi. We just have agreed to purchase points directly at Riviera! We're excited as this is our first contract--getting it in right before the price increases Wednesday. Our agent isn't working today and the waiting is killing me. Coincidentally, we also were looking to do a Welcome Home Booking this June 5-10th. We'd prefer Riviera or one of the Epcot resorts where we've stayed before. Did your agent get back to you with any news about being able to get you in somewhere? I'm trying to figure out exactly what we should ask for. Thanks!

Hi. We just have agreed to purchase points directly at Riviera! We're excited as this is our first contract--getting it in right before the price increases Wednesday. Our agent isn't working today and the waiting is killing me. Coincidentally, we also were looking to do a Welcome Home Booking this June 5-10th. We'd prefer Riviera or one of the Epcot resorts where we've stayed before. Did your agent get back to you with any news about being able to get you in somewhere? I'm trying to figure out exactly what we should ask for. Thanks!
WOW similar dates! He told us some options when we inquired for those dates. Beach Club, Poly, Animal Kingdom, and Old Key West. We chose Beach Club! We did snag a Copper Creek for June 11-15th once we got our website access after a few days. I asked about Riviera and he said they can't do that one since its sold out and Waitlisted I imagine. But your agent might tell you something different. They were able to get Bay Lake Tower - Lake View for similar dates so that might be an option. When you do ask make sure you have 3 different choices ready because they take those choices and ask their Manager if any are possible. I'd ask for the Harder to get Resorts. I'd start with Beach Club, Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge, Boardwalk, or Bay Lake Tower.

WOW similar dates! He told us some options when we inquired for those dates. Beach Club, Poly, Animal Kingdom, and Old Key West. We chose Beach Club! We did snag a Copper Creek for June 11-15th once we got our website access after a few days. I asked about Riviera and he said they can't do that one since its sold out and Waitlisted I imagine. But your agent might tell you something different. They were able to get Bay Lake Tower - Lake View for similar dates so that might be an option. When you do ask make sure you have 3 different choices ready because they take those choices and ask their Manager if any are possible. I'd ask for the Harder to get Resorts. I'd start with Beach Club, Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge, Boardwalk, or Bay Lake Tower.

Thanks! As you said, I imagine our possible options might be a little different, but it's very reassuring to see that you did have some good options! Beach Club is definitely nice if that works out :) It's disappointing to hear that Riviera is probably completely booked, but I guess that's to be expected when trying to get into a brand new resort at just over 4 months away. :o

Thanks! As you said, I imagine our possible options might be a little different, but it's very reassuring to see that you did have some good options! Beach Club is definitely nice if that works out :) It's disappointing to hear that Riviera is probably completely booked, but I guess that's to be expected when trying to get into a brand new resort at just over 4 months away. :o

Hey you never know! I never pushed super hard for it cause I know my wifes favorite was Beach Club! My dad was able to get Bay Lake and that wasn't offered to me either so you may be able to get Riviera

If you are happy with your decision, that's all that matters. I am thrilled you found a place that touched your heart and would be good for your family.

Wishing you years of enjoyment and magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter