A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

So we're getting really close to our next trip, only 9 more sleeps! Single digits baby! Disney made changes to the hours on Friday for every park except HS and for every day except out first day Thursday the 8th. It looks like the parks are going to be crowded maybe ever worse than it was for Labor Day weekend. Of course I still want to go. I haven't seen a park since the end of January. Danielle got an email yesterday telling her she can now convert the passes she earned during her DCP to tickets, she has 4. Of course she has already bought and paid for the tickets she needed for this trip. She has been chatting with her DCP roommates to see about taking a trip together.

What is everyone else up to?

Yikes, I haven't commented in way too long. We had a trip over Labor Day, and it's taken me this long to get caught back up on work, and come back to the Dis to read more about your Christmas adventure! I am so enjoying reliving your lovely Christmastime in Disney!! John Paul is absolutely adorable and reminds me of when my boys were that age - everything is just so new, special and magical :lovestruc The shot of him waiting for Dumbo is precious.

Michelle, so nice that you had that one on one time with Gia before the trip - I'm sure she loves having those moments with you. And more proof that it's a Small World, my parish here in Pittsburgh is St. Thomas More :)

Excited for your October trip - it's different in the World for sure, but the magic is definitely still there. My youngest and I return in November, and though it will be vastly different from our 2019 Christmas trip, I know there are still memories to be made!

Yikes, I haven't commented in way too long. We had a trip over Labor Day, and it's taken me this long to get caught back up on work, and come back to the Dis to read more about your Christmas adventure! I am so enjoying reliving your lovely Christmastime in Disney!! John Paul is absolutely adorable and reminds me of when my boys were that age - everything is just so new, special and magical :lovestruc The shot of him waiting for Dumbo is precious.

Welcome Back! It's always hard to return to the real world. JP really did enjoy the Disney Magic.

Excited for your October trip - it's different in the World for sure, but the magic is definitely still there. My youngest and I return in November, and though it will be vastly different from our 2019 Christmas trip, I know there are still memories to be made!

Michelle has already experienced Covid Disney, but this will be a first for Danielle and I. Congrats on having another trip to look forward to.

Tuesday, December 17th-MK Party Time?
As Michelle said Dennis got some much needed rest while she and John Paul has some one on one time. John Paul also took some time to decorate our window. I had purchased some window clings just for this and he finally had time to play with them. If you passed our window at Pop I sure hope you enjoyed his art work.

Once Dennis was rested and we had all changed into our Holiday wear we headed to MK. Today was the hottest and muggiest day yet and of course this meant there was some rain coming and a cold front. We really hoped the rain would not ruin our very first party. While we were taking the bus I was texting Danielle so she could meet us at the front of the park. She was traveling by monorail by herself for the first time. We timed it pretty good and met up at the entrance. There wasn't a photo pass CM there but another CM offered to take our picture.

I'm just going to add a little more to what Michelle has already re-capped. While she was riding SDMT John Paul finally woke up and he was just a tad Grumpy.

While we were waiting to ride HM something weird happened all the sudden a bunch of rides went down at the same time. We were close to a CM next to a phone and she was trying to find out what happened. It didn't last long at HM and soon we were moving again. John Paul made a friend while in line but was being a rebel by crossing the chain.

He even put himself in timeout.

When we split up for Michelle to finish up her FPs we headed to the mountains. We rode BTMRR since I had missed out the day before and then onto Splash.

Did you notice? I did not wear a poncho this time.

We grabbed our Party bands in Adventureland. Our party tickets were linked so we had no trouble unlike some people.

We wanted to eat before the party started so that we didn't waste any party time having dinner. We meet up with Michelle at Columbia Harbor House and everyone had Lobster rolls and Dennis had 2.

Once we finished eating it was getting dark and time to grab a spot to wait for the castle lighting. Back at Halloween JP had trick or treated with a neighbor and he had these lights that attach to your fingers. We just had to have them for this trip. I pulled out just the red and green ones and he had a blast playing with these while we waited. He also passed out sets to the kids around us.

Michelle finally connected with her best friend from college Katelyn who is a manager in the park. If you've read some of our other reports you've already met her.

In honor of Danielle becoming a Disney employee too we had to get a picture of all three of the girls and John Paul.

Continued. . . .

We had really been looking forward to the castle lighting and it really lived up to my expectations. I wish we could have seen it more times.

After the lighting we said goodbye to Katelyn and headed back down Main Street with the mass of humanity but we didn't exit the park instead we took a left to officially start our party.

We grabbed our official party picture and our first cookie.

It was time to experience some of the Party fun.

Where did we start?

@mFont23 you're up!

I had purchased some window clings just for this and he finally had time to play with them.
Great idea. :)
There wasn't a photo pass CM there but another CM offered to take our picture.
Nice of him/her.
John Paul finally woke up and he was just a tad Grumpy.
Oh dear. He does look just a bit... out of sorts.
all the sudden a bunch of rides went down at the same time.
That's... really odd. I wonder...
unpulg.gif
John Paul made a friend while in line but was being a rebel by crossing the chain.
Oh, man... he looks pretty bad a** there. :laughing:
He even put himself in timeout.
:rotfl:
My eldest DD would do that. I remember finding her in time out once and asking why she was there. She told me she'd been bad. Still have no idea what it was that she did.
Did you notice? I did not wear a poncho this time.
Atta girl. :thumbsup2
Our party tickets were linked so we had no trouble unlike some people.
:rolleyes1
We meet up with Michelle at Columbia Harbor House and everyone had Lobster rolls and Dennis had 2.
Oh, yum!!!
We just had to have them for this trip. I pulled out just the red and green ones and he had a blast playing with these while we waited. He also passed out sets to the kids around us.
That's great! I love that he was passing them out to other kids. :)
Michelle finally connected with her best friend from college Katelyn who is a manager in the park. If you've read some of our other reports you've already met her.
I do remember her! There was a picture of the two of them when they were in college.
We had really been looking forward to the castle lighting and it really lived up to my expectations.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
headed back down Main Street with the mass of humanity but we didn't exit the park instead we took a left to officially start our party.
Ahhhhh... that must've felt great. :)
Love JP's PJs.

Great idea. :)

I thought so too.

Nice of him/her.

Yes it was nice of him!

That's... really odd. I wonder...
unpulg.gif

That's about what it looked like. I was watching the Touring Guide app and it was showing rides going down one after the other.

Oh, man... he looks pretty bad a** there. :laughing:

Yes he does!

My eldest DD would do that. I remember finding her in time out once and asking why she was there. She told me she'd been bad. Still have no idea what it was that she did.

Awwww that's so sweet.

Oh, yum!!!
Yes it was. I'm really sad CHH hasn't opened back up yet.

That's great! I love that he was passing them out to other kids. :)

He really liked it too. I always try to bring extras of light up stuff.

I do remember her! There was a picture of the two of them when they were in college.

Yes there was. She was also at the Wedding and we saw her on our 2018 trip.

Ahhhhh... that must've felt great. :)

Yes! Finally!

Love JP's PJs.

They were super cute!

Love the latest update. You all look so gorgeous in your Christmassey gear. I laughed when I saw JP had put himself on time out-my daughter used to do that all the time when she was little ,mainly when I refused to give her chocolate for breakfast :rotfl: Mind you she would always tell me I was a "bold girl and she was going on time out" and then take herself off to sit on the bottom stair. Worked for me :rotfl:

Only 2 more sleeps before we go back to our Happy Place!

I'm beside myself excited. Today will be my last work day before we go. I took tomorrow off to get some things taken care of before heading out. I'm sooooo ready to be in the bubble and have a break. I worked straight through Covid only taking a day here and there off work. It will be fabulous to have more than 1 day off in a row.

We're all watching the Gulf cause there is ANOTHER Hurricane! I just can't believe this year. Of course once again it's projected to go to South Louisiana near New Orleans. So far our side of the state has been very lucky. We were suppose to get Marco but that fizzled out. Then Laura was coming but it hit the Western Side of the state and did major damage. Sally was projected this way too but turned toward the Alabama/Florida. I don't know if we can continue to be so lucky. It looks like we will be okay to fly out on Thursday morning. Hopefully the storm fizzles out and doesn't do a lot of damage. We need things to settle back down before we fly back in on Sunday night. So we will all be playing the watching game again. I'm going to stay positive!

So exciting to be leaving in just two days!! Fingers crossed that your weather luck holds, and have a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm beside myself excited.
I bet!!! Who wouldn't be???
Today will be my last work day before we go.
Yusss... love that. For me, the vacation starts the second I walk out the front door at work.
I worked straight through Covid only taking a day here and there off work. It will be fabulous to have more than 1 day off in a row.
:hug:
We're all watching the Gulf cause there is ANOTHER Hurricane! I just can't believe this year. Of course once again it's projected to go to South Louisiana near New Orleans.
I saw that! Thought of you.

So exciting to be leaving in just two days!! Fingers crossed that your weather luck holds, and have a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you! It's not looking good for our area. Right now it's projected to be a Cat 1 when it passes over Baton Rouge. Need to keep watching to see if it turns.

We need to get this report done so we can report on the new one.

Tell him to run away to Florida.

We did but he doesn't want to wear a mask in the heat. He did just say if we loose power he's going to wish he had come with us.

The storm is moving more West. It's showing going over Lafayette instead of us, but still puts us on the bad side. The further west it moves the better for us, but bad for poor Lake Charles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!