A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

This is probably my favorite picture of all the hype. How Louisiana dresses to the 9's. HAHA
I saw that meme after the game. That's awesome. I've actually got the white number 9 Saints jersey for the guy on the right. I was at Purdue when he was and actually got to chat with him in the elevator going to meet with my academic advisor during what would have been his last semester. That's my brush with greatness! :rotfl2:He's a class act though and I wish they could have gone farther.

Congrats! I prob won't be going to CRT on my upcoming trip, but I hope she has fun! (If you end up doing an impromptu Mardi Gras trip, let me know - I'm there that week!)

Thanks Lesley! I know CRT isn't a place people visit on lots of trips but if you pass through the castle please look for her. Gia and her Mom will be in Disney for Mardi Gras but I don't think we'll make it.

Great news for Danielle!! So happy for her!

Thank you Liesa!

Hi Michelle and Vanessa. :wave2: I'm here and looking forward to another trip report!

:welcome: Princess Leia! How's the family? How's Scotland?

I saw that meme after the game. That's awesome. I've actually got the white number 9 Saints jersey for the guy on the right. I was at Purdue when he was and actually got to chat with him in the elevator going to meet with my academic advisor during what would have been his last semester. That's my brush with greatness! :rotfl2:He's a class act though and I wish they could have gone farther.

Drew is the best!!!! You're so lucky to get to chat with him. He's down in Disney for the Pro Bowl. I'm hoping we have a brush with him or some of the other Saints down there. We were all really disappointed they didn't get further in the playoffs.

Love the cookie celebration and wishing Danielle a fab time at her (and let's face it all of our's) happy place :goodvibes

So true! Thanks for the well wishes.

Just stopping in to say a fond farewell. We leave for Disney in the morning. I'm hoping to pull out around 5 am but since I have to stop for gas it will take us a little longer to get really going. I wanted to fill up before we loaded the car but I was out voted. I would rather get gas here and only pay $1.99 a gallon than a higher price in Mississippi. You know, more change for Disney. The car is packed and we had to play a major game of Tetris (aka @afwdwfan). I have no hope of seeing out the back window. It hasn't really hit me that my baby is moving to Disney for the next 6 months. I'm sure it will hit me hard on the plane ride back home when I'm all alone.

Just stopping in to say a fond farewell. We leave for Disney in the morning. I'm hoping to pull out around 5 am but since I have to stop for gas it will take us a little longer to get really going. I wanted to fill up before we loaded the car but I was out voted. I would rather get gas here and only pay $1.99 a gallon than a higher price in Mississippi. You know, more change for Disney. The car is packed and we had to play a major game of Tetris (aka @afwdwfan). I have no hope of seeing out the back window. It hasn't really hit me that my baby is moving to Disney for the next 6 months. I'm sure it will hit me hard on the plane ride back home when I'm all alone.
Have a magical trip and let yourself be sad a little. It means you love her and will miss her. And think of all the stories and secrets she will have!

She will be a seater (hostess) in the Magic Kingdom at

Cinderella's Royal Table!!!!!
That's wonderful!!
Dad originally came up with the idea that he wanted to take JP. And of course, before he turned 3 and cost money! They came up with this Christmas trip, with the idea that they would need to visit Danielle if she was working there. And they wanted to bring JP. He was just a baby when they asked me. I said of course… but that I’d have to go too! Duh! I’ve never been away from my baby for very long. AND HE IS JUST A BABY. So we figured it would be one, big family trip for all of us.
So hard to be away from our littles even if you know they are with people who adore them.
Mom, Dad, Danielle, and JP would be flying in early on Saturday, December 14 and going to a park that day.

I’d be meeting them around lunch time the day of the party, Tuesday December 17. And we would all be flying home together Saturday evening, December 21. Just as the crowds were coming in for Christmas. I'd pay for my portion of the trip (spoiler alert... we got "free" dining). If I was going to Disney, this may as well have been the only way how.
Glad you were able to make it work for you all. :)
Safe travels to you! She will be amazing and you will love hearing all about her adventures. Being sad just means she is well loved. Hugs to you, mama. :hug:

Joining in!! I'm glad that you were able to make the Disney plans work to still go and I can't wait to hear how your trip went!

Also congrats to your sister on her DCP role! How fun! And seriously that O on the cake was incredible!! Always awesome when you get someone who puts care into their work!

I'm sure you'll still be in the Fantasyland area. The seaters are outside the restaurant near the walk through for the castle. Maybe someday the girls will want to give it another try. Disney is always changing stuff.
I will def keep an eye out for her!

Why oh Why oh Why does anyone need a reason to go to Disney?
really!

In May 2017, Danielle graduated high school and Mom and Dad took her and her then boyfriend to Disney. I was home with a 2 week old baby.
Not bitter, right?

In case you didn’t see, she’s a seater at CRT! We did a little going away dinner for her this past weekend. Mom told the guy at the cookie store to do the “O” in HOME like a castle. She says, “you know, like Cinderella’s castle.” Well we didn’t expect how awesome it would be. ORRRRR how ironic it would be. We didn’t know her assignment until yesterday and the party was on Saturday.

v
kOJTvmV6ak8ULgdizcorUpLgAToW6SuxBKFi26eKX0XHvlOp5tb-FzTDth1QZaN0hONLb11C1FTmQIQC1YWYoFPY043yM8DvPTHCgzyyDdJcZskFEi2C5fckSZ7yacX_Kal58T-B
The person makeing those cookie cakes needs a job in Disney!

Love the shirt!

I have no hope of seeing out the back window. It hasn't really hit me that my baby is moving to Disney for the next 6 months. I'm sure it will hit me hard on the plane ride back home when I'm all alone.
I am not ready for that phase of life. But so exciting for her! Is she ready for all of us say hello to her like we know her?

I hope you're having a safe (and fun) trip! Leaving her will be a bittersweet feeling, but this is the beginning of an experience she'll never forget!!

Hope you're having a great time and Danielle is getting settled in. It's such a strange feeling watching them grow up and move on - so excited and proud, but mixed with nostalgia for when you got to share in their daily life. Parenting is definitely the toughest job there is. :hug:

My niece has officially applied again for the fall 2020 DCP - I'm so hoping that, like Danielle, the second time will be the charm for her! I have my annual pass and am prepared to visit often :goodvibes

I'm back! I'm trying to get caught up at work & home and on my rest. Quick trips are fun but take a lot out of you. We had a good trip and Danielle is now settled in. She didn't finish setting up her room until the day after I left. She has Traditions tomorrow. Once she finishes that she has most of her CM benefits. They are blocked out of DHS until after April. I started missing her as soon as she dropped me off at Sports on Monday night and drove back to her apartment. I think she has been too busy so far to miss us much.

Have a magical trip and let yourself be sad a little. It means you love her and will miss her. And think of all the stories and secrets she will have!

We had a great trip. I do love her and miss her but I'm so happy she has this opportunity. I can't wait to hear the secrets. She has Traditions on Friday and some will be revealed.

Have a wonderful trip!

:thanks: It was a really good trip.

Have a wonderful trip. It’s only right to be a wee bit sad. Just means you love your girl :hug:

:thanks: I was very sad after she dropped me off and when I left the resort. The "Tragical Express" had new meaning.

That's wonderful!!

:thanks: She pretty happy about it.

Safe travels to you! She will be amazing and you will love hearing all about her adventures. Being sad just means she is well loved. Hugs to you, mama. :hug:

Thanks again! I can't wait to hear about her adventures. And thank you for the hug.

Joining in!! I'm glad that you were able to make the Disney plans work to still go and I can't wait to hear how your trip went!

:welcome:Cloe! Happy to have you here. I'm hoping to get a post up about the trip by the end of the weekend.

Also congrats to your sister on her DCP role! How fun! And seriously that O on the cake was incredible!! Always awesome when you get someone who puts care into their work!

:thanks: We loved the cake!
I will def keep an eye out for her!

Good! When is your next trip?

Not bitter, right?

She is so bitter and never lets us forget it. It's not like we have a life outside of her.

The person makeing those cookie cakes needs a job in Disney!

Yes they do. His name is Scott and you have to go to the Cookie Company downstairs in the Mall, not the one upstairs.

I am not ready for that phase of life. But so exciting for her! Is she ready for all of us say hello to her like we know her?

Your girls are growing up too. I have warned her that strange people will be telling her hello and to just go with it.

Safe travels.

:thanks: We had a good journey which is amazing considering the car was pack so high I could only use my side mirrors.

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

:thanks: We had a really good trip.

I hope you're having a safe (and fun) trip! Leaving her will be a bittersweet feeling, but this is the beginning of an experience she'll never forget!!

:thanks: I'm so trilled to getting this opportunity. I hope she makes the most of it.

Hope you're having a great time and Danielle is getting settled in. It's such a strange feeling watching them grow up and move on - so excited and proud, but mixed with nostalgia for when you got to share in their daily life. Parenting is definitely the toughest job there is. :hug:

You said it perfectly.

My niece has officially applied again for the fall 2020 DCP - I'm so hoping that, like Danielle, the second time will be the charm for her! I have my annual pass and am prepared to visit often :goodvibes

Good luck to your niece! Please let us know how it goes. I hope you get lots of use out of your annual pass.

I'm back! I'm trying to get caught up at work & home and on my rest. Quick trips are fun but take a lot out of you. We had a good trip and Danielle is now settled in. She didn't finish setting up her room until the day after I left. She has Traditions tomorrow. Once she finishes that she has most of her CM benefits. They are blocked out of DHS until after April. I started missing her as soon as she dropped me off at Sports on Monday night and drove back to her apartment. I think she has been too busy so far to miss us much.
So excited for her though! Getting to actually experience this thing she has dreamed about for years!

Also I really hope they unblock CMs from DHS soon - it's really unfair that none of them get to experience the new stuff. Someone suggested maybe just only allowing CM entrance after noon. That way they don't compete with guests for Boarding Groups, but still get to visit the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!