A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Aw, so sorry to hear she's sick. I agree, whenever they go anywhere with new germs - starting in preschool :rotfl2: My oldest did a semester abroad in England, got the flu while there, and couldn't figure out what meds to buy/take - everything had different names. He was looking for Tylenol and Halls cough drops :). Hope she's feeling better very soon!

Oh no your poor son. I think she's on the mend but has also been putting in lots of hours.

Best part is the rumor is they can stay in the park after there ride but just can't make fast passes. She and her room mates are all registered for Wednesday morning.

Well... yeah.

I'd take you up on that too!

And she did.

We're Here!

Our flight was suppose to arrive at 8:35 am but I think it was closer to 8:45. Right before they called us to line up I had planned to use the ladies room one more time, but missed my chance. I wasn't too worried about it. I could always use the restroom on the plane. I don't like to do this but I will if I have no other choice. Well since JP was sleeping with his head in my lap and the fasten seat belts wasn't turned off I did not use the potty in the sky. I was soooo ready to get off the plane and find a ladies room. It also didn't help that it was still drizzling when we landed.

When I flew with Michelle & Jimmy in 2018 the stroller was waiting for us as we exited the plane so I was expecting the same thing again, but guess what? No stroller. We weren't the only adults waiting for a stroller so it was a little crowded. I finally hit my limit and couldn't wait any longer. Dennis offered to wait for the stroller and meet me right outside after I made my stop. As I was exiting I asked the attendant if I could come back in after I used the restroom since we were still waiting for the stroller. She was very nice and said that was fine. When I returned from the bathroom they were still waiting. This was not a good sign. You know how it is, when you you get to Orlando and you just want to hurry and get inside the bubble, when you just want to say you're HOME.

While we were waiting I set my bag down and JP's backpack. I should not have done that. I guess it was due to the rain but the carpet was wet so the bottom of our bags got wet. Luckily it was just the bottom and did eventually dry. Finally we got the stroller and made our way to the fake monorail. JP was such a big boy. He shimmied out of the stroller so he could stand up and hold on to a bar like the rest of us.

It was now time to grab our bags and head to the Magical Express check in. Southwest comes in on Concourse B so we had to head down to pick up our bags. We each had flown with 2 bags. As you know Disney only sends you tags for 1 bag per person. I did call to update our returning flight number as ask for 4 more tags. They updated the flight information but I never received the extra tags so that meant we had to claim 4 bags and haul them to Magical Express. Once again the bags were delayed coming off the plane. Luckily we were right by a restroom. While Dennis and Danielle waited for the bags I took JP in the clean him up and change his clothes. After we finished that he had time for a snack and to get restless. I'm pretty sure our bags were some of the last bags to come off the plane. Once we had them gathered up it was back up and across to Concourse A and back down to Magical Express check in. We passed the big beautiful Christmas tree on our way.

Doesn't it look lovely surrounded by palm trees?

As we approached ME check in you could see the crowd. This is was what greeted us.

I can honestly say I have never seen a line like this. Have you? Although it was long it did move and was conveniently located by another set of bathrooms. Danielle had time to slip in the restrooms and be out in time to check in. The photo above was taken @ 9:44 am.

This was taken @ 10:12 am.

Not too bad.

JP loved being on the bus. He was so excited. We sent this selfie to Michelle & Jimmy.

He is actually the one hitting the photo button, he's much better at it than me.

This bus was only going to POP so we had no stops. Things were looking up.

Danielle was given the responsibility of JP while we tried to get the bags together. About this time I got a text saying our room wasn't ready.

Can you see Dennis patiently waiting for our bags?

Right about the time we had the bags all wrangled and were preparing to store them I got the text that the room was ready! We had a preferred room and I had requested the 60s section near the splash pad on the bottom floor, but that wasn't what we got. We ended up in building 1 in the 50s on the top floor which was right next to where we were. It wasn't what I wanted but it ended up being an ok location.

This was Dennis and Danielle's first time staying in the remodeled rooms. I really like the changes to the room as far as space and storage but I have to agree with Dennis that it doesn't feel as "Disney" as it use to feel. I tool some quick pictures before we destroyed the room.

When we checked out the bathroom one of my fears was realized...no tub. It was a room with only a shower. This did not help when it came time to bath JP. I know I could have gone to the desk and requested another room but I was too lazy and at this point we just wanted to get some food.

Continued in next post.

We're Here continued...

I think this was JP's favorite part of the room. He loves pushing buttons. Luckily he never got the combination right.

We gathered what we needed and headed to the food court for some much needed food. This was our views from our room. I think Pop need to trim the trees a little.

Since we had a stroller we had to use the elevator as we came and went. We passed Lady on every trip and always said goodbye and hello.

Here's Dennis getting irritated with me taking so many pictures.

Dennis & Danielle jumped in the burger line to get us eats. We grabbed our refillable mugs and headed to the back near some TVs.

What a cutie!

JP ate a few fries but didn't want to sit still, he was ready to play. We passed back by our room as they were delivering our luggage from the plane. We dropped off our mugs and headed to our first park.

Up next DHS. Bus or Skyliner?

Our flight was suppose to arrive at 8:35 am but I think it was closer to 8:45.
Not bad.
Well since JP was sleeping with his head in my lap and the fasten seat belts wasn't turned off I did not use the potty in the sky. I was soooo ready to get off the plane and find a ladies room
Were you doing the pee pee dance?
It also didn't help that it was still drizzling when we landed.
wait...

What exactly was drizzling!?!?!?!?!? :eek:
As I was exiting I asked the attendant if I could come back in after I used the restroom since we were still waiting for the stroller. She was very nice and said that was fine.
Really! I'm surprised. I thought once off the jetway, there was no returning.
You know how it is, when you you get to Orlando and you just want to hurry and get inside the bubble, when you just want to say you're HOME.
::yes::
While we were waiting I set my bag down and JP's backpack. I should not have done that. I guess it was due to the rain but the carpet was wet so the bottom of our bags got wet.
Oh, no. At least it dried, though. Any contents get wet?
JP was such a big boy. He shimmied out of the stroller so he could stand up and hold on to a bar like the rest of us.
:)
Magical Express check in. Southwest comes in on Concourse B so we had to head down to pick up our bags.
It's like a walk of shame, isn't it?
They updated the flight information but I never received the extra tags so that meant we had to claim 4 bags and haul them to Magical Express.
I thought you could send your bags through DME even without tags? You just had to show them your baggage slips. I could be wrong, having never done that.
As we approached ME check in you could see the crowd. This is was what greeted us.
Holy crap! NO I've never seen it even close to that bad!
The photo above was taken @ 9:44 am.

Considering the crowd... that's pretty darned good!
He is actually the one hitting the photo button, he's much better at it than me.
:laughing:
Can you see Dennis patiently waiting for our bags?
Right about the time we had the bags all wrangled and were preparing to store them I got the text that the room was ready!
Score! Good timing.
We ended up in building 1 in the 50s on the top floor
Ugh.... I never wait for the elevator, and then grow to hate those stairs. I too ask for ground floor.
No carpet!
When we checked out the bathroom one of my fears was realized...no tub. It was a room with only a shower.
Oh, no... I'd want a tub, too!
Luckily he never got the combination right.
Lucky for you!
We passed Lady on every trip and always said goodbye and hello.
:goodvibes
Here's Dennis getting irritated with me taking so many pictures.
Dennis & Danielle jumped in the burger line to get us eats.
How were the burgers at Pop? I've never tried one. Been afraid to, actually.
I would hope Skyliner! I heard they cut down on the busses to DHS/Epcot.

Were you doing the pee pee dance?

:yay: I was!

wait...

What exactly was drizzling!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

:rotfl:

The rain coming from the sky.

Really! I'm surprised. I thought once off the jetway, there was no returning.

So did I but she was very understanding.

Oh, no. At least it dried, though. Any contents get wet?

No, luckily.

It's like a walk of shame, isn't it?

Yes it is. I feel like I'm coming from the wrong side of the tracks.

I thought you could send your bags through DME even without tags? You just had to show them your baggage slips. I could be wrong, having never done that.

I've never tried this so I don't know.

Holy crap! NO I've never seen it even close to that bad!

Me either.

Considering the crowd... that's pretty darned good!

Yes it was.

Score! Good timing.

Perfect timing.

Ugh.... I never wait for the elevator, and then grow to hate those stairs. I too ask for ground floor.

The stairs are faster than the elevator especially when you're on the top floor.

No carpet!

None.

Oh, no... I'd want a tub, too!

JP wanted a tub too.

How were the burgers at Pop? I've never tried one. Been afraid to, actually.

It was ok, typical Disney burger and fries.

I would hope Skyliner! I heard they cut down on the busses to DHS/Epcot.

This was right before they cut down on the buses.

The rain coming from the sky.
Phew!
I've never tried this so I don't know.
Makes two of us. We should try it.

You first.
The stairs are faster than the elevator especially when you're on the top floor.
But at the end of a very long park day...
It was ok, typical Disney burger and fries.
Okay... So, in a pinch, it'll do.
This was right before they cut down on the buses.
Ah.
Still... I'm hoping Skyliner.

You know how it is, when you you get to Orlando and you just want to hurry and get inside the bubble, when you just want to say you're HOME.
::yes:: So of course you have to wait an inordinate amount of time for the stroller.
I'm pretty sure our bags were some of the last bags to come off the plane.
Sounds about right...
Yikes!
The photo above was taken @ 9:44 am.

Ok, clearly they were prepared to handle the influx. For the size of the crowd in front of you, that doesn't seem too bad at all.
Kids and technology...
I really like the changes to the room as far as space and storage but I have to agree with Dennis that it doesn't feel as "Disney" as it use to feel.
::yes:: The all white look does have a bit of a sterile feel to it.
Well, I mean Skyliner seems like the easy choice as long as it was running.

Aw man, of course the stroller and bags took forever to arrive! So hard to be patient when you know how close you are to Disney property.

I didn't realize some of the new Pop rooms didn't have tubs. I can imagine how interesting that made a toddler's bathtime...

Aaah the days of travelling with strollers, I remember them well lol. Sucks about no bathtub, that's tough with little ones. Haven't stayed at Pop so thanks for sharing the pics!! Looks like fun!! Looking forward to hearing about which method of transport you chose :)

Glad you’ve finally made it to the resort. Why is it bags always seem to take forever:confused3
Laughed when I saw JP’s favourite activity- my grandson cannot resist pressing buttons on every atm machine he passes when he and I are out!
Eek on no tub but I understand just wanting to be fed and off on adventures too ( if be the same). Looking forward to seeing how you go!

Makes two of us. We should try it.

You first.

I was hoping you would try it first and report back. We're driving down next month so I don't know when we'll fly again.

But at the end of a very long park day...

This is very true, unless you have to stand for a long time waiting for the elevator. I find it easier to keep moving but cause once I stop when I'm really tired it's hard to get moving again.

Okay... So, in a pinch, it'll do.

When it's the first real food you've had it will do.

Ah.
Still... I'm hoping Skyliner.

You're about to find out.

::yes:: So of course you have to wait an inordinate amount of time for the stroller.

So no fair when you're in a hurry.

Ok, clearly they were prepared to handle the influx. For the size of the crowd in front of you, that doesn't seem too bad at all.

They had every scanner manned and was moving as fast as they could, but CMs were moving faster than others.

The all white look does have a bit of a sterile feel to it.

It does but I'm getting use to it. Maybe Dennis will too. When I took Danielle down to drop her off we stayed in a Sports room. We had such a rush of nostalgia when we entered the room but I spent the entire time comparing it to POP and all the cool changes.

Well, I mean Skyliner seems like the easy choice as long as it was running.

Coming up next!

Aw man, of course the stroller and bags took forever to arrive! So hard to be patient when you know how close you are to Disney property.

I knew my Dis Friends would understand and have pity on me.

I didn't realize some of the new Pop rooms didn't have tubs. I can imagine how interesting that made a toddler's bathtime...

I have tried to keep up with the Pop thread and was worried when I read about the rooms without tubs. Of course we had to get one.

Awww, wasn't it just like... yesterday that he was a BABY?!

I know! He's so big now. He's changed so much just from this trip.

That would be not cool with a little one needing to get cleaned up.

It was an adventure I don't want to repeat.

Aaah the days of travelling with strollers, I remember them well lol. Sucks about no bathtub, that's tough with little ones. Haven't stayed at Pop so thanks for sharing the pics!! Looks like fun!! Looking forward to hearing about which method of transport you chose :)

I have a love hate relationship with strollers. I love that you can put stuff in them and they contain the little ones but hate having to maneuver with them. And don't get me started on bag check. The no tub was not good. There are lots of things I liked about the Pop rooms. About to post about our first trip to a park.

Glad you’ve finally made it to the resort. Why is it bags always seem to take forever:confused3

They took a horrible amount of time on this day.

Laughed when I saw JP’s favourite activity- my grandson cannot resist pressing buttons on every atm machine he passes when he and I are out!

JP loves to push buttons. I can't tell you the amount of times he's changed out alarm clocks. :rolleyes1

Eek on no tub but I understand just wanting to be fed and off on adventures too ( if be the same). Looking forward to seeing how you go!

About to post on our mode of transportation.

Here We Go. . . .

Before we head to DHS I just want to recap what we had planned for our short time in the park
-I wanted to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass
-We had a FP for TSMM for 1-2, FP for Frozen Sing a Long for the 3:00 show & a FP for Disney Jr Live for the 4:05 show.
-We had a dinner ADR @ Mama Melrose's @ 5:25.
-I really wanted to see the Wonderful World of Animation, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam & Sunset Seasons Greeting Show
-Dennis & Danielle wanted to try for single rider line for RRC. I wanted to try for 4th FP or standby for TOT. We all wanted to try for Alien Saucers @ night.
-And of course we couldn't wait to see Toy Story Land and Galaxy Edge for the very first time.

After we scarfed down our adequate burger and fries we passed back by the room to drop off our mugs. Believe it or not we actually passed the cart bringing our luggage to our room. It was really nice to know our other half of bags made it with no trouble.

We passed by Lady and said our farewell and headed towards Tramp because of course we were not going to miss our first opportunity to test out the SKYLINER! That's right the Skyliner was the winner. You didn't really think we would start our trip by torturing ourselves with the buses? Haven't we been through enough hardships already?

We really weren't too far from the Skyliner. It was a pleasant walk along the lake as our excitement was building to try this new form of transportation. There was no line when we walked up and we just loaded right into a gondola. I wish I could remember if it was a plain one or a character one. I was pushing the stroller and it was really easy to just push him right in. At first JP said he didn't like it but after that first trip he really loved "flying".

This was our view.

And JP was watching the passing scenery very intently.

We got to the Caribbean Beach Resort and had to get off and switch to the DHS line. I had to back JP back out which wasn't hard but since we were also moving it messed with my equilibrium a little and Dennis took over the stroller pushing when exiting and entering the gondolas for the rest of the trip. Transferring from one line to the next was super easy and we never really encountered a bad line. I can not stress enough how nice it was to not have to unload and fold up the stroller. We were at DHS in just minutes. The walk from where we unloaded to the front of the park was bad either.

We were soon greeted with this sight.

And next we had to tackle bag check.

This was our first test and we handled it as a team. Everyone grabbed at least 2 bags. Danielle and I each had a backpack and we had a black bag that held our extra stuff like jackets and changes of clothes. JP had 3 bags at this point, but over the trip we learned we didn't need that many bags for him. We didn't do too bad. Once we were inside the park I jumped in line at Guest Services. I wanted to upgrade my 7 day hopper to an annual pass. Dennis and Danielle had to keep JP entertained while I did this. The line wasn't too long and soon I was being helped by Michael. He was very nice but I don't think he was very experienced. I was able to use the cost of the 7 day hopper and the amount I had paid for the Memory Maker and I think he said I got a discount for using my Disney Visa. In the end it cost me about $411 to upgrade. I asked for a celebration button for Danielle. She wanted to wear a button celebrating her DCP. I had to call her in to finish this up so Dennis was left alone with JP. Micheal also gave us a FP to help celebrate. I chose something we could all do, Alien Saucers. He gave me the booklet that went with being a PassHolder and my official card but when I asked about the little passholder band for my Magic Band he didn't know anything about that but did tell me I could order one online. With my PassHolder card in hand we headed out to have some fun. Poor JP had fallen asleep while waiting. He did really good with sleeping in the stroller for most of the trip. If he was tired we would lay the seat back and give him the blanket and out he would go to sleep.

As we headed to TSL I had to take some pictures of the Christmas Decoration. I just love them.

Gertie is the Best!

And a picture of the theater.

Never having been to TSL made us a little disoriented. We actually had to look at the map and we still got turned around. Eventually we figured it out and made our way there.

Up next we play with some Toys.

I was hoping you would try it first and report back. We're driving down next month so I don't know when we'll fly again.
June... maybe...
This is very true, unless you have to stand for a long time waiting for the elevator. I find it easier to keep moving but cause once I stop when I'm really tired it's hard to get moving again.
Oh, I totally get that. On one trip, we were stuck at the verrrrry back of ASMu. When we'd make the four hour trek to the room, DW would then send me back to the food court to refill her Diet Coke. I almost died... several times.
Believe it or not we actually passed the cart bringing our luggage to our room. It was really nice to know our other half of bags made it with no trouble.
That's right the Skyliner was the winner.
It had to be!
You didn't really think we would start our trip by torturing ourselves with the buses? Haven't we been through enough hardships already?
At first JP said he didn't like it but after that first trip he really loved "flying".
Good. :)
I can not stress enough how nice it was to not have to unload and fold up the stroller.
Oh! I didn't even think of that... but... yes! Absolutely!
I asked for a celebration button for Danielle. She wanted to wear a button celebrating her DCP.
Of course! Definitely worth celebrating!
Micheal also gave us a FP to help celebrate.
Nice. :)
when I asked about the little passholder band for my Magic Band he didn't know anything about that but did tell me I could order one online.
Well, that's not okay. I loved having my passholder band on display.
Never having been to TSL made us a little disoriented.
That's right! First time! Hope you loved it. :)

The Skyliner looks awesome. I'm not staying at any of the resorts on it but would love to try it just for fun. Maybe as a park break. Great how you didn't have to fold up the stroller. Sounds like you got the bag check down!

I can not stress enough how nice it was to not have to unload and fold up the stroller.
That is huge... a big part of why we usually end up driving to the parks is just so we don't have to screw with all of that on the bus.
JP had 3 bags at this point, but over the trip we learned we didn't need that many bags for him.
You learn what you do and don't need after the first few times in the park. Our trips seem to go that way too, things that aren't needed get taken out of the stroller/bags.
In the end it cost me about $411 to upgrade. I asked for a celebration button for Danielle. She wanted to wear a button celebrating her DCP. I had to call her in to finish this up so Dennis was left alone with JP. Micheal also gave us a FP to help celebrate.
Nice! Sounds pretty painless to get it taken care of.
He did really good with sleeping in the stroller for most of the trip. If he was tired we would lay the seat back and give him the blanket and out he would go to sleep.
That's a huge bonus!

I'm glad to hear the Skyliner worked out great for you guys! I never thought about how your equilibrium could be effected by exiting backwards. That's really good to know.

So far your DHS afternoon is going just like you planned! Hope it stayed that way.

June... maybe...

I need details. Michelle may be down there in June to see Danielle.

Oh, I totally get that. On one trip, we were stuck at the verrrrry back of ASMu. When we'd make the four hour trek to the room, DW would then send me back to the food court to refill her Diet Coke. I almost died... several times.

What a great husband. Were you in the Country Music section?

It had to be!

Of course!

Well, that's not okay. I loved having my passholder band on display.

I really wanted to be able to flash that band. I know they have them cause I saw yours and in January when we were in the guest services @ DS I saw someone getting the little band.

That's right! First time! Hope you loved it. :)

So much to see.

The Skyliner looks awesome. I'm not staying at any of the resorts on it but would love to try it just for fun. Maybe as a park break. Great how you didn't have to fold up the stroller. Sounds like you got the bag check down!

You really should check it out. Take a break while in Epcot or DHS and make a round trip.

That is huge... a big part of why we usually end up driving to the parks is just so we don't have to screw with all of that on the bus.

Just think how nice it would have been if the Skyliner was open while y'all were at Caribbean Beach.

You learn what you do and don't need after the first few times in the park. Our trips seem to go that way too, things that aren't needed get taken out of the stroller/bags.

It was a learning process. We though we needed all kinds of things to keep him entertained. Ended up the best entertainment was watching Blimpi on YouTube.

Nice! Sounds pretty painless to get it taken care of.

As long as your spending money Disney makes it as easy as possible.

That's a huge bonus!

It was great!!!

I'm glad to hear the Skyliner worked out great for you guys! I never thought about how your equilibrium could be effected by exiting backwards. That's really good to know.

I'm super sensitive. I'm sure others won't have the same issue.

So far your DHS afternoon is going just like you planned! Hope it stayed that way.

Well you know what they say about the best laid plans? Of course we Disney addicts know we have always be adaptable.

I need details. Michelle may be down there in June to see Danielle.
Nothing firm yet, but... around June 14-19?
What a great husband. Were you in the Country Music section?
Unfortunately... Never made that mistake again!
I really wanted to be able to flash that band. I know they have them cause I saw yours and in January when we were in the guest services @ DS I saw someone getting the little band.
You gotta have it. Because you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!