A La Nanita Nana: Cheetah Girls 2 (Need Translation)

DVC California

Good Old DVC
Hola DIS en Español -

My daughter absolutely loves this song from the latest Cheetah Girls movie and would like to know what the lyrics are in English. I tried using an online translator, but there are several terms that it couldn't translate (Like the song title!).

Could someone be nice enough to tranlate the song to English, and if possible, let us know if this is really a traditional lullaby? Por favor.

Mucho gracias, mi amigos y amigas.

[Chanel:]
A la nanita nana nanita ella
Mi nina tiene sueno bendito sea, bendito sea

[Marisol:]

[Chanel & Marisol:]
Fuentecita que carre clara y sonara
Ruisenor que en la selva
Cantando illora
Calla mientras la cuna se balansea
Nanita ella
Mi nina tiene sueno bendito
Sea, bendito sea
Fuentecita que carre clara y sonora
Ruisenor que en la selva
Cantando illora
Calla mientras la cuna se balonsea

Sorry! Not answers for you!
I think the problem is that "Nanita nana" doesn't have translation, at least in my country.

Please, don't think that we don't want to help you, But my english is not so good!

Sorry again!! :confused3

Yes, it is really a traditional song, a Christmas carol in fact. The lyrics have been changed a bit, as it refers to Jesus and not to a girl. Trying to be PC??

Anyway, Google is a wonderful thing. This site has the original lyrics and a translation:
http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/exercises/level3_listen_comprehension/music/christmas_carols/nanita_nana/nanita_nana.htm

PS: I've no idea who the Cheetah Girls are :confused3

ETA: Duh, I Googled Cheetah Girls and nope, never heard of them before. It's obvious that I don't have daughters:lmao:

The link that Amapola included is very good. In reality Nana is Nanny, and Nanita is the diminutive for Nana. What happens is that when Hispanics say Nana, they don't mean just a regular babysitter, is someone more special for the kids, for example sometimes the grandmother is called Nana because not only she is the babysitter, is the grandmother too and is extremely present in the kids life.

Thank you all (especially Amapola for that great link). I'm disappointed, but not surpised, that Disney changed the lyrics to refer to nina instead of Jesus. I mean who were they worried about offending considering the song was sung en Espanol?

My daughter was happy to learn more about the song and plans to take Spanish when you goes to high school.

For those interested, here is a link to clip from the "Cheetah Girls" version of the song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSEp9gPXNf8

Thanks again, Steve

its a real spanish lullaby and its also a christmas song but i dno wot da translation is but i'll try 2 find out 4 u xxxx

al la nanita nana, nanita ella, nanita ella (ella means she)
my blessed baby is sleepy
chanel and marisol sing this

they go and run as they sleep--(like in a dream)
they hear the sounds in the forest
when she cries I sing
she falls asleep in her crib

a la nanita nana, nanita ella, nanita ella

and then it repeats...
its not literal but thats the idea

I have the translation to A La Nanita Nana here it is

First in spanish

A la nanita nana, nanita a, nanita ella, nanita ella
Mi Nina tiene sueno bendito sea, bendito sea
A la nanita nana, nanita a, nanita ella, nanita ella
Fuentecita que corre clara y sonora
Ruisenor que en la selva cantando llora
Calla mientras la cuna se balansea A la nanita nana, nanita ella
A la nanita nana nanita ella nanita ella
Ruisenor que en la selva cantan

Now in english

To the nanita grandma, nanita to, nanita she, nanita she
My Girl has blessed sleep be, blessed be
To the nanita grandma, nanita to, nanita she, nanita she
Fuentecita that runs clear and sonorous
Nightingale that in the forest singing cries
He keeps silent meanwhile about the cradle balansea
To the nanita grandma, nanita she
To the nanita grandma nanita she nanita she
Fuentecita that runs clear and sonorous
Nightingale that in the forest they sing

oh the little girl oh little girl i speak of her My little girl is sleepy blessed is she blessed is she oh the little girl oh little girl i speak of her My little girl is sleepy blessed is she blessed is she she runs forceful clear is the sound it was god that saved her singing as she cried she falls within her crib she balances her self oh the little girl oh little girl i speak of her My little girl is sleepy blessed is she blessed is she oh the little girl oh little girl i speak of her My little girl is sleepy blessed is she blessed is she she runs forceful clear is the sound it was god that saved her singing as she cried she falls within her crib she balances her self ohthelittle girl ispeak of those are the english lyric sand im 11 anddont speak spanish but really love that song so i did some looking around lol but there you go your welcome...:woohoo:

Steve, I'm so glad that you find such a wonderful help here!! :woohoo:

I relitively had the same question about A La Nanita Nana, however my reasons are quite a bit different. I have to write a song analysis about this and its due tomorrw, I have everything done except background on the peice, which is kind of a big part if the analysis, I was wondering if the link translation that you sent steve was poetic or literal, I was also wondering if any of you kn ow anhyhthing about the source or background info on the peice, any info is helpfull, considering its due tomorrow, I also have to perform the peice! YAY lucky for moi

I know what the song means.

A la nanita nana nanita ella nanita ella
(my girl is sleepy blessed is she, blessed is she)

Al la nanita nana nanita ella nanita ella

(little fountain that runs clear weeping singing)
(nightingale in the jungle, singing it weeps)
(hush while the cradle balances)

(little fountain that runs clear weeping singing)
(nightingale in the jungle, singing it weeps)
(hush while the cradle balances)

Esta era mi canción de cuna favorita cuando era un bebé. Aquí tienes.¡Qué lo paséis bien!
(This was my favorite lullaby when I was a baby. Here you go. Enjoy yourselves!)

I learned an English version of this traditional Spanish lullaby about 50 years ago in Catholic kindergarten in St Augustine FL. From my limited knowledge of Spanish, it seems that this translation is fairly close to the original, but I do not see this translation posted anywhere on the net, So, here goes:

A la nanita nana, nanita ea (or ella), nanita ea.

My Jesus, he is sleeping; Oh, come behold Him, Oh, come behold Him.

Little brook ever flowing, rushing and ringing,

Nightingale in the forest, sighing and singing.

Quiet, now, while the cradle, softly enfolds him.

A la nanita nana, nanita ea (or ella), nanita ea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter