A Little Bit of Magic from New York - Oct. 15 - 22, 2016 COMPLETE

Just wanted to say what a great trip report about your cruise! I'm going on the Canada Cruise next year out of NYC, and we too live pretty close to port so it'll be so easy! Love your day at MK - what fun! I would totally do the rides you chose as well. Your daughter looked like she had a wonderful time. I really love DCL so pretty excited to see her sail out of the Hudson!

Thanks for posting!! Sounds like you had a great time. What a fantastic mother daughter cruise! Glad your days at WDW was so fun too - especially after you changed your cruise to have that day...

I was on this same Cruise!! Love seeing you pictures - looks like you guys had a blast! I agree about the pumpkins - I wish they would have put them out sooner. We we're running around so much the last day - we didn't get to take pictures in front of the them

I have always wanted to do this cruise. Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing! What was up with that stateroom host?? Glad you managed to get a treat bag for your daughter.

Great report. I cannot believe how much you did at WDW, I would have had to sleep for days!

Just wanted to say what a great trip report about your cruise! I'm going on the Canada Cruise next year out of NYC, and we too live pretty close to port so it'll be so easy! Love your day at MK - what fun! I would totally do the rides you chose as well. Your daughter looked like she had a wonderful time. I really love DCL so pretty excited to see her sail out of the Hudson!

Thank you! I've always wanted to do a Canada cruise out of NY since we always have the same old ports when we leave from NY. I just wasn't prepared to go this past time. We were so looking forward to the WDW day that I just had to change it. You are going to love your cruise.

Thanks for posting!! Sounds like you had a great time. What a fantastic mother daughter cruise! Glad your days at WDW was so fun too - especially after you changed your cruise to have that day...

We were just so happy to get that day at WDW. But boy was I exhausted.

I was on this same Cruise!! Love seeing you pictures - looks like you guys had a blast! I agree about the pumpkins - I wish they would have put them out sooner. We we're running around so much the last day - we didn't get to take pictures in front of the them

What even bothers me more is I see a lot of pictures on FB on people on DCL ships and the pumpkins came out much earlier than the last day. I don't understand why they do that. We didn't get any pics by the pumpkins either..just the tree from the floor above it.

Great report. I cannot believe how much you did at WDW, I would have had to sleep for days!

I believe I am still tired from that day! I think about it and I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach. lol We started out the day so peppy and happy and by the time we were leaving MK we were dragging... But you know something? I wouldn't trade that day for the world. We really did have fun. I think it was conducive to my weight loss on the cruise..lol

I think it was a good call to switch cruises and put off Canada! Especially with the thought of warm waters and DISNEY. Also, great call on the photopass for the day. Especially with 3 parks and riding the mine train twice. So glad it was a fun day, though tiring.

Thanks for a great report! It sounds like you had a great cruise (room host aside). Any chance you saved your navigators? I'd love to get a look. Thanks.

I think it was a good call to switch cruises and put off Canada! Especially with the thought of warm waters and DISNEY. Also, great call on the photopass for the day. Especially with 3 parks and riding the mine train twice. So glad it was a fun day, though tiring.

I'm so glad I made that call and also that the next week happened to be available. I was so happy to save money and get a verandah.
The more I thought about going to Canada the more I kept thinking the other way.

Thanks for a great report! It sounds like you had a great cruise (room host aside). Any chance you saved your navigators? I'd love to get a look. Thanks.

I usually don't take Navigators home, however I do have one that I used as a bookmark for my book and it's for Friday. However the Navigators are now only 1 page, back and front. You have to rely on the DCL app to know what's going on, dining and menus, activities, etc.
If you want it I can scan it and post it for you

What a great report! I was on the same trip and enjoyed reliving it!
How awful that the stateroom attendant wouldn't give your daughter a bag. He should have tried to locate one.
I agree with the pp, you did a lot on your WDW day, it made me tired just reading it. Lol The best thing I did was schedule a massage for the day AFTER WDW.
P.s. Our bus ride back to the ship also took a very long time. The other cruise buses were passing us. Thankfully the bus ride TO WDW was very quick.

Wonderful trip report for what sounds like a wonderful cruise! Thank you so much for putting all together with the great photos. I love how you made the most of each day - especially WDW day! I would have been pooped after the first park!

By now it was 10:30 at night. Our all aboard time was 1:00 am so I knew we were good. I think most people had the same thought because there was a long line for the bus however there was 3 buses all in a row.
Great report! Where did you meet the busses back to the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter