A little disappointed!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
As some of you may recall, MS somehow changed our address in their files. All our confirmations and dues bill went to Dallas GA and we live in MA.

I kept calling and sending emails and finally got it changed. I sent in my dues payment and they must have recieved it late. I got charged a late fee!!! I sent a letter explaining that I felt I should not incur such a fee due to an error on their part. I also asked for an explanation as to why they changed our address without our permission!!! With all these types of identity fraud lately, I became nervous!!

I have not heard back from anyone yet!!! It has been a month!! Am I being unrealistic thinking I should have heard by now??? I really want to know how this address changed happened. Should I try calling again, emailing again or sending another letter????

thanks!!

For God sake, if you are worried, pick up the phone, you could probably clear it up in less than ten minutes! Good luck!

I have picked up the phone...............several times!! Unfortunately, no-one seems to have an answer!!! I figured by writing then maybe someone could take some time to research it and find me an answer!!!!

Rosemary,

Yes, I would be concerned too and certainly think you should have heard back within a month.

I would love to know how someone's address gets changed w/o the owner requesting it. Sounds like a typo - MA vs GA - but how do they reconcile the zip code conflict? Someone definitely messed up.

Best wishes in getting this resolved. I think a "another" phone call is your next option. And, I'd love to hear how this happened - if you ever find out.

Good luck,

Lissa

I think I would call and insist on knowing when and why they changed the address. I'd stay on the phone until they told me .They HAVE to have some record or otherwise you would still be getting the mail!!

I would continue to call. I had a very similar situation happen to me. Since I have been going to Disney I have lived at my current address but for some reason when I was booking our last trip, they would always ask me if my address was something different (in my same town) than what is was. I corrected it each time and yet it would always be the same thing. I then found it odd that I did not receive my confirmation letter for our trip in February and when I called, it had gone to the wrong address!!! I ended up discussing this issue at least 10 times with different CM's who each assured me that my address had been corrected. I then finally received my confirmation letters. Well, when we checked in at the Poly and they gave me my room receipt, I happened to glance at the address and yep, it was WRONG!!! I called AGAIN and the CM assured me that it has now been corrected. I'm hoping that now that we are DVC members that my address will remain correct! I for the life of me do not understand why they keep linking me to this address when I give my phone number, I would think it should always come up with the address. DH jokes that there is another Dis freak in our town with my same name and we keep battling with keeping our addresses current :confused:

I would continue to call. I had a very similar situation happen to me. Since I have been going to Disney I have lived at my current address but for some reason when I was booking our last trip, they would always ask me if my address was something different (in my same town) than what is was. I corrected it each time and yet it would always be the same thing. I then found it odd that I did not receive my confirmation letter for our trip in February and when I called, it had gone to the wrong address!!! I ended up discussing this issue at least 10 times with different CM's who each assured me that my address had been corrected. I then finally received my confirmation letters. Well, when we checked in at the Poly and they gave me my room receipt, I happened to glance at the address and yep, it was WRONG!!! I called AGAIN and the CM assured me that it has now been corrected. I'm hoping that now that we are DVC members that my address will remain correct! I for the life of me do not understand why they keep linking me to this address when I give my phone number, I would think it should always come up with the address. DH jokes that there is another Dis freak in our town with my same name and we keep battling with keeping our addresses current :confused:

Have you always had the same phone number? I'm wondering if the phone number (if it is fairly new to you) had been crosslinked to another address in the Disney system and their indexing system keeps bringing up an older address?

We have always had the same phone number with DVC so that is not the case. As for it possibly being a 'typo'..........GA from MA...........well it is also the street address and zip code that is different!!

I will spend some more time today trying to see 'why' this happened!!! Is there a manager that I should possible ask for? Maybe they could answer my question!!

Thanks for the help and I will keep those of you who asked updated as to my progress!!

Rosemary, I think you should maybe call your guide to see if he/she can speed things up in solving this. I'd think they could help with a refund of late fees too under the circumstances.

Thanks for that idea Diane!! I never even thought about calling my guide!!!

I am wondering if when they combined my 2 contracts (same use year) then maybe that is when something went wrong!!! I never requested my use years to be combined under one but they automatically do it if the same use year (they really are still considered 2 separate contracts for reservations purposes?!?!?!?).

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter