A little help please from the UK for Gay Days....

Bristol-UK

Earning My Ears
Hi

I'm visiting Orlando on 29th May for 16 days vacation from the UK. I'm staying at one of the Co-Host hotels for the Gay Days weekend - The Doubletree Club in Lake Buena Vista for a week followed by the Hard Rock Hotel.

Can anyone answer a few questions for me...?

1. I'm not going to hire a car, are hotel shuttles pretty good? Are Taxi's easily available from Disney Parks late evening?

2. I'm not really too bothered with all the pool party event's, more interested in seeing Disney. Can anyone suggest some really good bars away from the party scene? Particularly, "Bear" type clubs / quieter local bars.

3. Anyone know anything about the two hotels I've booked, any opinions on staying at a Co-host hotel, I'm hoping it's going to be a little less hectic?

4. As a gay single man, is it worth going to Downtown Disney, or heading for elsewhere in Orlando?

5. Anything else you'd advise me not to miss (and not bother doing) during my vacation during Gay Days?

Any help advise appreciated.....

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,
I will also be there with the 'wife'.
From my experiences (i've only been outside of the gay weekend) it's pretty gay already, so god knows what it will be like!
Anyway, Mannequins in DD on a Thursday night is good. In fact I'd say it's more blatent in there than Brum UK gay clubs.
Alot of CM's are in DD on a Thursday (think it's payday for 'em).
I'd reckon you'd pull in there no probs - but everyones on holiday all over Disney so you'll find loads of new friends.
There are a few pubs, but these are away from Disney. Theres a handy book I had, but can't find it, called 'queens in the kingdom' worth tracking down.
There's loads of taxis outside DD to stagger in to as well!!
Feel free to mail me for anymore advice.
Martin

Well, I think you will LOVE the Hard Rock, but be aware that it is about 30 minutes or more in traffic from WDW, it is at Universal. But at Universal is City Walk with some really nice restaurants and bars. Plus the HRH has some nice spots on it's own. Hotel shuttles can be hit or miss, check at the front desk for the best info. Taxis are easy to come by at DTD, but at the parks, you may need to call first.

I think the few bars that are currently open at DTD are great, and while I am not gay, and don't ever take much notice of my surrounding and all, many people here swear that the bars are very gay friendly.

And there is at least one local guy here (Orlandomike) that may have better information for you.

PS, I just read a rave recommendation for the Doubletree, but if you think it will be less hectic there during that week, with them being a co host hotel, I think it will be wild and crazy. I would love to see it.

Martin / Marsha

Thanks so much for the replies. This puts my mind at rest. I've also stumbled on another forum directly from "Gay Days" site. Here I've posted and am meeting up with about 10 other people who are more into the parks etc than partying, so that's really great. I'm used to travelling on my own, but it's nice to know there's going to be a group of people to while away time in the queues with. I've also booked a Character breakfast for the Saturday in the Crystal Palace, should be fun.

I'm pleased to hear about the Hard Rock, it was the "Express Line Pass" that swung that one for me. I'll be up in LBV for 10 days before, so that should give me time to do Disney.

Again, thanks.

Paul

Martin - I'm up in Brum every other weekend! Shame I'll miss Pride next week, I was going to go with a big group of friends, but have booked into a hotel at Gatwick before my flight. Have fun if your going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter