A little less housekeeping would be nice

I don't have a problem with the housekeeping, but this is not the first thread discussing the length of the segment.

My only thought would be to perhaps time stamp where the news stories begin in the show description. That way someone who wants to skip the housekeeping knows exactly where to fast forward to.

If prolonged Housekeeping bothers you, watch the podcast on YouTube (pre-recorded, not live), and use the fast forward button to skip past the first 5-10 minutes. I agree that it is difficult for all of the content in Housekeeping to appeal to all people listening, but there is no way for the round table folks to account for that. The vast majority of watchers/listeners aren't going to care about an ABD trip to Nepal. But if Kevin only has 4 spots left to sell, he ought to have a platform to let people know that. For the 4 people who grab those last remaining slots, this is important information. For the rest of us? Well, we can always hit FF if we want to.

I wouldn't mind all the show promos if they were done efficiently and contained good teaser material.

But usually it goes something like this:

Pete: "Craig, what do we have coming up on the Universal show?"

Craig: "Um, I don't really know. Ah, we haven't figured it out yet. Ah, we'll come up with something."

Pete: "Ok... Ryno, what's coming up on DisPop this week?"

Ryno: 30 seconds of something incoherent.

Pete: "And moving right along, coming up in the Disneyland show this week... oh, I didn't print out my script. Craig, do you have it?"

Craig: "Yes, I've got it here..." <sounds of fumbling through papers>

Ok, you get the idea. So my hot take is this: John always has his Travel show plug ready to go and does it well. The rest of the team should follow his lead. The original poster is correct in saying the promos are much longer than they need to be. You can tell John is prepared when they toss to him. The others - not so much. That said - their lack of polish and unprofessional production quality is, in fact, part of their charm. Hard to explain. Lou Mongelo is sooo polished and prepared and professional in his podcasts, yet it turns me off a little. Feels a little sterile and too bubbly.

So... everyone's right here. The housekeeping is too long. But we have to put up with it for the sake of the show dynamic.

Case closed. Thanks, everyone.

Wow - kinda harsh. I agree that at one point, contributors were not that prepared, but IMHO, it's gotten much better over time.

A thread that was doing so well and was a discussion... of course someone has to come in and be incredibly insulting towards the podcast team. If you think what Ryno says is incomprehensible or incoherent, perhaps you should see a neurologist to be examined for receptive aphasia. I've never, ever heard him speak incoherently.

I typically listen to the podcast on my drive to work. I often fast forward 15 seconds at a time, but it is hard to do while driving...so sometimes I hit the button that makes it go at 2x speed by accident. Then it becomes very funny...
...sweaty deli meat done by the Chipmunks

I typically listen to the podcast on my drive to work. I often fast forward 15 seconds at a time, but it is hard to do while driving...so sometimes I hit the button that makes it go at 2x speed by accident. Then it becomes very funny...
...sweaty deli meat done by the Chipmunks
When I first started listening on my iPhone, I hit that button accidentally and had no idea why the show sounded so fast or how to fix it.

A thread that was doing so well and was a discussion... of course someone has to come in and be incredibly insulting towards the podcast team. If you think what Ryno says is incomprehensible or incoherent, perhaps you should see a neurologist to be examined for receptive aphasia. I've never, ever heard him speak incoherently.

I'd really like to tune in to the podcast. Is there a certain membership or can i just tune in from any radio? if so, what are the channels.:music::earsboy:

I'd really like to tune in to the podcast. Is there a certain membership or can i just tune in from any radio? if so, what are the channels.:music::earsboy:

It's available via audio on iTunes and Stitcher and via video on YouTube.

This link has a list on the right with links of all the ways to listen: http://www.disunplugged.com/ I hope you enjoy! There's a number of different shows: One focused on WDW, Universal, DisPop, DisneyLand, Dreams Unlimited Travel plus they do many vlogs that can be found on their youtube site.

Here is a link to today's livestream that will go at 1pm Eastern:

I consider the show promos and housekeeping two different things personally even if they get lumped together. The show promos are really just house ads and I think can be done in about 90 seconds if it is buttoned up a bit. That portion does drone on a bit sometimes but it is what it is. I think of housekeeping more along the lines of errata from previous episodes, announcements that aren't full on news articles, promotions for events, operational changes to the parks like hours, refurbs, restaurant openings, etc.

I wish there weren't so many updates about every Adventures by Disney trip they're trying to sell – or anything about cruises
And then there are people like us. I was at the Richmond DIS meet when Pete announced Podcast Cruise 6.0. I texted my wife right away and asked what she thought about going and we booked it as soon as booking opened. Had it not been mentioned on the show, we probably wouldn't have been on that trip.

Sometimes it is hearing about a trip on the show that gets people interested who might not have otherwise gone seeking info on those trips.

Advertising works. :)

I wish there weren't so many updates about every Adventures by Disney trip they're trying to sell

I tend to agree with this for one reason. I don't necessarily mind them advertising for their businesses. I get it. However, it should be it's own segment or a type of "commercial break" in the middle of the show. Disguising an advertisement as "housekeeping" or a "rapid fire", is kind of...and I'm struggling for the right word here, because I think words like 'deceitful' are far too strong/negative for what I want to say...so guess I'll go with misleading (best word I can come up with).

I dont get the negativity one tiny bit... i think Craig and Ryno bust their butts for that company and for people to say that they arent prepared? I have a feeling that Craig has a million things on his plate and once in a while maybe he does forget what Tom Bell is talking about that week. But look at all those great vids about dining and D23 and maybe you will understand.... and dont dare speak negatively about my Ryno. He just seems so talented and has an outstanding future ahead of him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!