A little sad...PS's for CRT for dinner....

SnoWhiteRabbit

DIS Veteran
A little sad...PS's for CRT for dinner....

I've been planning on Cinderella's Castle for dinner for my DD's 4th birthday. 60 days out was yesterday. We were on vacation, but I planned on calling anyway. I called at 7:45 am -- I know I could have called at 7 am -- but I didn't think it would be that much of a problem for a dinner PS.

Well, I wanted a PS for 7 people at 5:45 or later (since the park closes at 6). I ended up with a PS for 5:15 and was told we would have to be at 2 different tables :(

I know, at least I got the PS and I know I should have called earlier...but I am a little disappointed (and annoyed with myself).

What's the chances of getting to sit at the same table and/or gettign a later time if I keep trying back? Any thoughts?

Thanks

I don't know if calling earlier would have helped. We were a party of 7 in Dec. and we sat together, sort of. I didn't notice any tables that would comfortably seat 7. If you have ever eaten at CRT you would notice the raised area along the back wall. We sat there in a long table with a booth on one side and chairs on the other and my parents sat parallel(sp?) to us but next to us. Does this make ANY sense?!
It was fine and we seemed to have the whole area to ourselves. If eating together is a major issue there are plenty of places that can accomodate large parties, such as O'hanas.
Have fun no matter what you decide.

If memory serves me right.....there aren't many, if any, tables that will sit that many people altogether.
AND.....once you get there....they will do all they can to get you together.
Actually if you get there are 5:15 and ask for a table together it might be later.
But how late do they actually seat people if the park closes at 6????
I don't think that half hour is going to matter a whole lot.
Just enjoy!!:)

We have gone with a party of seven several times - I am thinking at least 5 times -- and each time they have said that they will have to sit us at two tables. We have never been separated.

On two occasions we were seated at a large round table that probably officially is listed to seat 6 but comfortably accomodated all of us.

On the other occasions we were placed at adjacent tables along a wall that basically were together -- they were both decorated for the party and the waitress could just barely slip herself in between the two tables.

We could easily talk to one another -- no problem.

Be sure to check in a few minutes early and tell them you will wait to sit together or adjacent - but chances are they will all ready have you set up that way.

Liz

Just curious, but I believe that the dinner is NOT a character meal ? Just wanted you to be sure and not disappointed.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

David

Thanks for the encouraging replies...I kind of knew it would all be ok, but was a little disappointed that it didn't work out exactly as I had hoped...you are all right...30 minutes isn't that big of a deal, and I figured they would try to put us next to each other -- no big deal really...I just needed a few people to reassure me.

And, yes David, you are right...no characters (that's why I thought it wuld be ok to call at 7:45 am instead of 7:00 am). I knew that, but thanks for checking. We won't be disappointed! We are going to the Epcot Princess Breakfast in the am for her birthday and then to the castle for dinner to continue our day long celebration.

I don't know what time they stop seating, but I think they seat right up until 6pm when the park closes. Then after your meal you get to walk out in an pretty empty park -- the busses run for an hour or later after the park closes...so I just trying to time it to extend our evening...play time until 5:45, then dinner...but I know 5:15 isn't that much difference!

I heard they sometimes decorate for birthdays....keeping my fingers crossed...that would be a really special treat for our DD (who knows we are going to Disney sometime in the fall, but doesn't know we will be there for her 4th birthday -- she can't really read a calendar yet, so it's going to be a BIG surprise!!)

Thanks again all for reassuring me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!