A Magic and Miracles celebration vacation TR

DH doesn't get embarrassed easily. He is usually DOING the embarrassing, not getting embarrassed. We had decided we weren't going to do anymore characters, unless DD hadn't met them before. That's right about when we saw THEM. Phineas, & Ferb! We quickly got inline. We waited, and waited, and waited. about a 45 min. wait. We were beginning to think they would close the park & we wouldn't be able to get them, but then it was our turn. It was a rough area for my vertigo for some reason, but I really didn't want to be in my chair for this picture. I knew it would be a good one. So, we used my chair up the ramp to where P&F were, then I got out and stood with them. The cm's were great & Ferb for some reason decided to "talk" to DH. He was pointing at our pin and making hand motions. DH had no idea what he wanted him to do. So, he was just rambling thoughts hoping Ferb would start nodding to one of them. He was rambling things like, yah, it's our anniversary, oh, you want me to kiss her, no., you kiss her, no. kiss you, no. love you ah... i love her, we love our daughter, daughter & wife love you? what do you want from me man???? :rotfl: Ferb was getting so frustrated, Phineas starts getting involved. I just want the picture & get back in my seat. :lmao: But, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier. FINALLY we get it. Ferb wants us to make hearts out of our hands. Well actually looking back at it, I think he wanted DH & I to each use 1 hand and make 1 heart together, but we just didn't get it. So, DH, myself, DD, Phineas & Ferb all made hearts out of our hands. :rotfl2: The photopass got it, and finally I could sit down again. I just ordered the photo last night after I logged off of here. So, when they come in, I'll come back and post it. I must say, I was very happy to meet them, but was also very happy to be in my chair. Now, I was feeling a bit nauseous, so we walked away & just sat in a quiet area where I could resolve a bit. Thank goodness, it only took about 20 mins. I was very happy to be so lucky. I thought the night was going to be done. Although, it was close to closing anyway. We got one more picture by the photopass people with the castle behind us, then we headed down mainstreet. Our Christmas party was over. Like I said earlier, not to sad to leave when you are just heading to the BLT to sit on the balcony and watch the park close down. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great night!!! Oh to be a kid at Disney!!! I can't imagine how excited she was for all that attention from Flynn!!! :banana:

Too funny about your DH and Ferb!!! It's so hard to know what they are "saying" when they "talk". We get it wrong a lot of times too!! I'm glad you were able to order some cute photos off of PHotopass!

Yeah I don't think I would mind leaving the parks knowing I could go sit on my balcony and view the castle. Such a beautiful view!

There was a time when I looked forward to leaving the parks and sitting on the balcony, after the kids went to bed. But, now most of the kids are adults and stay up later than we do. :confused3

I got a message our photopass pictures were mailed. I will scan them & post as soon as I can after getting them. Then will continue with the TR.

:offtopic: DH & our kids had a surprise Bday party for me last night. I was REALLY surprised. It was very nice to see so many of our wonderful friends. Most of them were at the VR so, I had told DH NOT to have a party for me, as I don't want people to feel they must bring a gift. But, I did love seeing everyone again. I am so blessed. I had only Friday night attended one of our friends fathers wake, and they were at my bday party! Others have so much going on a work, they have little time for family, but took some of that precious time to spend with me. I am so lucky to be blessed with friends that are so spectacular. As a group we are at that age our parents are dying and have had a dear friend take his only life, 2012 was tough. Some of us are battling medical conditions, some life threatening, some painful, some just frustrating. But when we are together, we form a circle that is unbreakable. We have been tested and prove to be forever friends. I even still love the ones that don't understand our love for Disney. (of course I pray for them. :rotfl::rotfl:)

:offtopic:So... today I am 1/2 century old.... ah.... young... ah... no old is correct. :rotfl:
That's :cool1: though, as I have enjoyed the 1st 50 and intend to continue to enjoy, so I'm okay with it.

I was hoping to wait until my photopass pictures come, but I think I need to disboard it a little today. So, I may update a little.

We were pretty tired when we got back to the resort. I tucked DD into bed, which I thought was going to be an issue, not having her sister in the same room with her, but as it turns out she was just so exhausted, she drifted right off to sleep. I think between all the emotions she was just drained. DH & I grabbed a beverage & sat on the balcony for a couple of minutes. Neither actually finished our beverages. We knew we had to be up early the next morning. Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:10am!!

It was our first day as just the 3 of us. The first time since our triplets were born that we had been on vacation without them. I missed them. But, I was also excited to be able to focus on just the youngest. And, thankfully, she seemed happy when we reminded her she didn't have to wait around while anyone rode the roller coasters. She still mentioned a few times that she missed her siblings, but she was, as she should be happy to be in WDW still and not back home.
When I originally made the reservation the park was listed as opening at 9am. So, I figured that was perfect! But, when we got there, it appeared the park was already open. I was a little baffled as I thought I had checked the early openings. Wasn't anything we could do about it now. So, we happily approached the check-in and were seated immediately. A nice cozy table by the windows. The table had Mickey Mouse confetti scattered all over it. I had told them when I made all ADR's that it the trip was in celebration of DH & my wedding anniversary. Well, today WAS the anniversary! 30 years prior I had married my best friend. And even with all the dreams and plans we had way back then, never would I have imagined that moment. Sitting in a lovely restaurant with DH & our 9 year old daughter looking at Cinderellas Castle, and watching Winnie the Pooh dance around the room. :banana: I filled up with emotion. (which I do at the drop of a pin anyway). DD saw me, and came over & gave me a big hug! This is the type of moment I wish the people who say things like, "there are other places than disney to vacation" could understand. Breakfast was delicious. The characters were great. But, we had to wait several minutes after eating for one of the characters to come to us. DD really wanted to wait, so we did. Finally we were rewarded for our patience and he showed up...
disney201230thanniversary3150.jpg

that brought a ....
disney201230thanniversary3147.jpg

smile!

disney201230thanniversary3140.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3144.jpg

in this one you can see the Mickey confetti arranged in a heart. While we waited for the 1st character, then again while we waited for Eeyore (which brought Pooh and a couple of the others around 2x) DD entertained herself arranging the confetti into all different shapes. I wish I had taken a better picture of her designs.

After our tummblies weren't rummblie anymore we headed out to our next adventure.

There was one thing DD had been wanting to do since we first entered the MK. She needed an adventure! We had heard, from a wonderful TR writer about a new adventure in the MK. Where today could meet yesterday of another culture. Time and time again we would wander over to this place of great adventure. During the day we tried, at dusk, when we had the privilege of extra magic evening hours, during the MVMCP, and the adventure was just beyond our grasp. (aka just closed) An adventure where one could....

disney201230thanniversary3153.jpg

try archery, and...

disney201230thanniversary3157.jpg

meet Merida!

2 years ago in school DD was given a project to find out about her ancestry. Well, we are what we refer to as Mutts. I have french, english, scottish, and it is said a little spanish in me. DH is french, english, irish, and american indian. So... we allowed DD to pick which ancestry she would like to research. She picked Scottish (which I admit made me very proud). She (we) found her clan name, crest. Or at least we think we did. It was MUCH more difficult than I had ever expected. I tell you young people find out now as much as you can about ancestors last name. With each generation that dies off, or even becomes forgetful, more and more of the puzzle is lost. Just a side note. Back to the story...
Both my DS's had become very interested in their Scottish heritage as DD was researching and we would be discussin it over dinner. Well, when the movie Brave came out, of course we all wanted to see it. DS#2 fell in love with Merida's character. He just thought she was the best. :thumbsup2
DD was very disappointed her big brother didn't get to meet Merida, so when it came time for an autograph, she asked if she could have one for her big brother also. :goodvibes I was so proud! Plus she asked Dylan for one. He is the archery teacher. He asked if she would wait until after Merida signed, as he didn't want to make her jealous. She IS very competitive he explained. :duck:
DD took her "shot" at archery, waited in line for her picture & autograph with Merida, then went back and waited for Dylan's autograph. (not that he had a line for autographs, but he did have a couple kids waiting for an archery lesson).
Finally DD had met Merida. She is convinced it was THE Merida. As she says "who else would have red hair like THAT!"

The remainder of the day we took pretty slowly. It was very laid back. Honestly, I can't even remember what we did for dinner. I think that was the night we ate at IHOP. Just the 3 of us.
So, that is the end of today's TR. 2 of my friends and I are going out for lunch today. We have all turned 50 within the past couple of months so, we are enjoying this day to just be friends. I hope you all have a great day too!

Happy birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful time with your friends!!!

Breakfast at Crystal Palace looks like fun!! How nice of them to put confetti on your table for your anniversary!!

Glad you all got to meet Merida and Dylan of course! :laughing:

How sweet of your DD to ask for an extra autograph for your son! :love:

I hope you have a great evening!

Happy birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful time with your friends!!!

Breakfast at Crystal Palace looks like fun!! How nice of them to put confetti on your table for your anniversary!!

Glad you all got to meet Merida and Dylan of course! :laughing:

How sweet of your DD to ask for an extra autograph for your son! :love:

I hope you have a great evening!

Thank you!

CP was very nice. If you have never been there, I suggest you try it. They have a parade with all the kids from restaurant in it with the Pooh bear characters.

Yes, I was very proud of DD for thinking of her brother.

I am having a very nice evening. DH cooked dinner & the kids cleaned up.

I will update more of the TR tomorrow. ... hopefully!

Nov. 14th - another beautiful day in WDW. Today was our traveling companions anniversary. We met them at EPCOT. I was very pleased to see they were wearing the shirts I had made them. :goodvibes I am so happy they liked them. Which will start me with our first unusual/special experience of the day. DH, DD & I had gone on Journey into Imagination with DD as our travelling buddies were on another ride by the time we arrived at EPCOT. We met them over by the bathrooms near there. DDFGDD & DDFGDS were sitting waiting, when a CM with broom & pan stopped to chat with them. He said somethng to the effect of "don't you just love miracles" referring to the saying on their shirts. He smiled and told them to never forget they were miracles. :goodvibes What a nice thing. Then the pin trading began. Not something we are big on, but DDFGDD & DDFGDS seemed enthusiastic! So, DD jumped in as well. At that point we all had managed to meet up. So off to decide which ride was next. Nemo! Then on to many others. With lots of laughs on the way. It was a wonderful fun filled day. But, we had to go back to the hotels to get ready for our anniversary gift from DDFG & DDFGDH.
So, we said our see ya laters. And headed back for showers & change of clothes!

SKREEEECHHHH..... HOLD ON.... PUT ON THE BRAKES.... I forgot part of our EPCOT day. DD, DH, & I had some time in EPCOT without our traveling companions. I forget whether it was at the start of our day, or the end, but we had a little journey over in the UK.
First DD needed to change into her secret agent clothes... so where better than...

disney201230thanniversary3197.jpg

So, off we went for out Perry the Platypus special agent mission. DD loved this, but it was VERY similiar to the Kim Possible Missions. I found it cute and worth doing once if you have the time. DD did it 2 or 3 times, which I found to be frustrating, but in all fairness, I found it very difficult to manipulate the wheelchair in some of the areas. After DD had had her fill of saving the planet we headed to do a first. Since one of our DS's is a VERY pickey eater, we seldom have a meal in World Showcase, but now that DS wasn't there we got adventureous. WE ate at ...
disney201230thanniversary3195.jpg

okay, so we didn't get that adventurous, but tiny steps people... tiny steps. ;)
We all enjoyed it very much. DD loves fish & chips so we actually ended up eating here 2x during our visit. Both times DH & I split a fish & chips. Today, we splurged and after lunch headed to Paris for dessert.
disney201230thanniversary3201.jpg

DD & I waited outside while DH went in & surprised us with our treats. He got
disney201230thanniversary3200.jpg

chocolate filled eclair. Of course we all shared. The eclair was delicous, filled with a mouse type chocolate. Surprisingly very light.
disney201230thanniversary3199.jpg

he chose for me creme brulee. I'm sure his hope was to make up for the DP ones. This was okay, but still not great. Most of it was tossed away.
disney201230thanniversary3198.jpg

DD got this, she loved it, but was pretty full from her lunch, so DH & I ate most of it. I think this may be the same filling as inside the eclair. Very light, but chocolatey.

DD wanted to do the Perry adventure again, but we said no, as we had something else in mind. We headed to Japan. Here she was allowed to pick her own pearl
disney201230thanniversary3202.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3205.jpg

She was pleased, but I had made the mistake of telling her some have 2 pearls, so she was a tad dissappointed when hers had just one. But, DH & I had something up our sleeves still.

We left after she got her pearl and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the evening.

I interrupt this evenings event in order to show the photopass pictures from the MVMCP. They have already been explained, but I'll put a quick review under each picture.
Morganwithsnowwhiteprince.jpg

Snow White, Prince and DD at the meet & greet during MVMCP

morganwithRapunzelFlynnRider11-12-12.jpg

Rapunzel, DD & Flynn. Flynn was very excited the autograph page... his picture & DD got his nose right! (although the autograph page was downloaded from the disboard creative DisSigns photobucket.)

Morgan-Mark-DeewithPhineasFerb11-12-12.jpg

Ferb, me DD, DH, Phineas. Ferb worked very hard to get his point across that he wanted us all to make hearts with our hands!

Now onto our regularly scheduled trip report.

We had arranged to meet our friends at the Poly lobby because it made sense. Since we were going to Spirit of Aloha!

IMG_0005.jpg

YAY for wonderful friends. In all honesty they had offered to take us for our Anniversary, we had argued we would pay for ourselves & they had insisted saying it was easier than shopping for a gift. :confused3 Who can refuse that logic. The fly in the soup however, was it was actually THEIR anniversary. I had thought of ordering a specialt cake, or a specialty drink, but DDFG has lost about 100lbs, and eats very little sugar, including drinks, so I thought those choices were really for her husband & kids, and I didn't want to do that. So, when we got their we insisted on paying for all beverages any additional expenses including tip if warranted. So, we all ordered a nice beverage
disney201230thanniversary3212.jpg

my drink
disney201230thanniversary3214.jpg

the guys drink

DDFG didn't order a specialty beverage until later, and since I had already began mine... I forgot to take a picture...apparently. :upsidedow

Everything was very good. There was a Polynesian rice that I didn't like at all, but everything else was delicious.

The night was so much fun. The kids loved the show.
disney201230thanniversary3245.jpg

DD was just totally enjoying every aspect! She even got...
disney201230thanniversary3228.jpg

up on stage to hula! DDFGDD & DDFGDS weren't going for it. So, I was pretty proud DD did it on her own!

Of course we adults had some fun too!
disney201230thanniversary3230.jpg

Anyone who has commented on my pictures being nice. If you don't believe it's the camera... this above picture was taken by my 9yo!
They called all anniversary couples up to dance, so DH & I and DDFG & her DH got up and tried to dance. The laughter comes from the fact.... remember, I have vertigo! DH was holding me more than I was actually dancing! But we had fun!

another picture
disney201230thanniversary3249.jpg

okay, I just added that one ... just because... you are welcome ladies :wave2:

disney201230thanniversary3251.jpg

just to be fair gentlemen.

In addition to the surprise of being called up to dance as couples, they picked a few people from the crowd to learn to hula. And DDFGDH was picked!
keep scrolling

disney201230thanniversary3265.jpg

just kidding :rotfl: that's not him. But this guy was hysterical!!!

disney201230thanniversary3260.jpg

this is him!
disney201230thanniversary3259.jpg

and this. He was such a good sport! I think I have written before that my DS#2 is always the one to get teased & pulled up for shows. You know, how there always seems to be one that gets that type of attention. That is DDFGDH! He's such a great sport!

We had a lot of laughs. It was a really wonderful memorable night. The show was unbelievable. They sang,
disney201230thanniversary3290.jpg

they danced...
disney201230thanniversary3255.jpg

they played with FIRE! ...

disney201230thanniversary3271.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3275.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3287.jpg

It was really unbelievable. All the while telling a story. These CM's are REALLY talented!!

So, we ate our desserts and headed back to the main lobby, by route of the beach. It was chilly, but a very nice evening. We parted ways for the evening.

For those of you that are wondering....Yes DH insisted on bringing the empty coconut head home! Actually, DDFGDH was bringing his home, so DH had to ...of course. They are both....well coconut heads. You should have seen me trying to fit that foolish thing in our suitcase. :rotfl2:

LOVE your updates and boy have you been working on updates!!! WOW!!! Great photos of the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I really want to do that one but I'm afraid that the meat will be too "sweet" for DH's liking with the Hawaiian flavor or whatever. What do you think?

Your DD got a great photo of you guys dancing! I love the Photopass pic of your DD with Flynn and Rapunzel! Too cute!!! I've never heard of the DisBoards Creative photobucket album (or whatever you called it :thumbsup2 :upsidedow). How do you get there?

Sounds like you guys are having a pixiedust: time!!!

I always look forward to hearing about the next update!

LOVE your updates and boy have you been working on updates!!! WOW!!! Great photos of the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I really want to do that one but I'm afraid that the meat will be too "sweet" for DH's liking with the Hawaiian flavor or whatever. What do you think?

Your DD got a great photo of you guys dancing! I love the Photopass pic of your DD with Flynn and Rapunzel! Too cute!!! I've never heard of the DisBoards Creative photobucket album (or whatever you called it :thumbsup2 :upsidedow). How do you get there?

Sounds like you guys are having a pixiedust: time!!!

I always look forward to hearing about the next update!

I didn't find the food too sweet. I prefer spicy to sweet. Not that it was spicy either. More like a slight hint of honey. The meats were all very tender. I would say the pork was sweeter than the chicken.

A lot of the Creative DiSigners have individual photobucket accounts. Here is a link off the disboard/just for fun creative disigns site.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160

Glad you are enjoying the updates. :)

I was hoping to finish this TR this weekend. But, my Dad was admitted into the hospital via the ER yesterday. I did get some of it done today, but something happened and when I went to post it, I got a message & it was erased.
So, this will be a quick update.

We had to check out of BLT. I had checked into our next "home" online, so there was no rush to get over to it. I was having a tough vertigo day, so we took our time and hung around BLT until about 10am. We had taken advantage of one of the best offers for multi stay guests. Resort to resort luggage transfer. There is no additional charge, other than gratuity. So to keep the pace slow we decided to go to the smallest of WDW parks. DHS. We got there about 10:20 and headed right for ...
disney201230thanniversary3295.jpg

TSM fastpasses! And we got them! Plus we waited in line since it was only 20mins, but in reality was about 35 mins.

After
disney201230thanniversary3292.jpg

monkeying around for awhile at DHS, we headed to Epcot! DD felt like Fish & Chips so, off to the UK we went. She begged to go on Capt. EO again, but not only do I REALLY not like that, but it affects me. I wanted to make it into the night without having to go back to the hotel. So, she was a little disappointed during our lunch, but that didn't last long because we traded off and let her...
disney201230thanniversary3345.jpg

be a secret agent again. :rotfl: So, off on our newest mission we went, to save the world along with Perry the Platypus of course!
disney201230thanniversary3380.jpg

Once we found Doofenschmirtz and saved the world, we were off to enjoy
some more of Epcot.
disney201230thanniversary3381.jpg

I love the train here, and was trying to get a few different views of the village, when all of a sudden we had another daughter....
disney201230thanniversary3382.jpg

this was THE funniest thing! All of a sudden this little girl looked at DD & DH, walked over and hung out with them. Never said a word to them. Just totally photo bombed every picture from that point on.!!! It was hysterical!:rotfl:

Next we headed to our hotel. Since it was so close ... we walked there. And a beautiful walk it was.
disney201230thanniversary3342.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3338.jpg

nope, just passing by...
disney201230thanniversary3325.jpg

there it is! now to walk around the front...
disney201230thanniversary3331.jpg

BWV, sorry the picture isn't any better.
That is about all for tonight. We didn't make any type of request for location, so the pictures coming up may surprise you... or not.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad! How is he doing?

Great pics in this update. How funny that the little girl photobombed your pictures!! But too bad you couldn't get one of just DH and DD.

Awesome that you were able to get fastpasses and were able to ride TSM!!! We have only ever ridden it by fastpass.

Phineas and Ferb's adventure looks fun. I can't wait for my boys to try it when we go to Epcot this year.

Oooh I wonder if your room was upgraded......hmmmm....or maybe a cool boardwalk view? popcorn::

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I hope that things are better today.

Your TSM wait wasn't bad, that's always nice! I'm sorry it was a bad vertigo day though. That little girl that photo bombed is so cute - your DH and DD must have looked very inviting to her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter