A magical RCG and SBP Disneyland wedding: Wedding Day posts: Castle Shoot and Video!!

Not all the rides!! If you ask me I think you should totally cheat and sneak on Small World/Mark Twain/the canal boats, but far from me to suggest you jeopardize your health. You're right though, if ever there was a time to just enjoy the atmosphere of the parks, it's December!

When it rains, it really does pour :( Sorry about your car troubles on top of everything :hug:

I'm sure with all the trouble beforehand your wedding will be the most magical!
I'm always glad to follow the planning process and I'm already excited for the story of your day!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS! A picture says a thousand words and that one is just perfect. Enjoy! The next few days will be just awesome and all the trials will be behind you now because you're in the safe hands of Mickey Mouse now and he'll take great care of you guys!

Well it is official!! On 12/14/14 at 5PM in the Rose Court Garden we were married!! :D A proper recap of the day will come. It was more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. Diana and I are so excited to be wife and wife! Thank you all for following along and helping out with advice along the way!!

Congrats!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. Can't wait to hear all about it (LONG after the honeymoon!) Enjoy every minute of marred life :goodvibes

Thanks everyone!! Unfortunately, no honeymoon yet. We both had to return to work immediately, and as soon as I got back my supervisor put in her two weeks notice, so work was a little extra crazy through the holidays. However, things have now calmed down and I can share ALL the gory details of the days leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself :thumbsup2.

Prior to the wedding, Diana took a boatload of time off to get everything gathered and prepared so we could head up to Disneyland early on Friday morning all stress free. Ahahahahaha. Not what happened. Not even close.

My concussion a week prior to the wedding had essentially rendered me completely useless for anything other than staring off into space or sleeping, so everything was on Diana. Poor Diana. She was slammed shuffling me from doctor appointment to doctor appointment, taking care of the crazy new puppy, dealing with the car issues, and oh yeah, gathering EVERYTHING we needed for the wedding together and packing it up in an efficient fashion by herself.

By Friday morning my car was still not ready. We had brought it in Tuesday morning first thing after it wouldn't turn on. However, the dealership had received back some of their loaner cars so we could swap out the rental for one of those. We drive a Jetta sportswagen. Lots of room in the back of the car, especially when the seats are folded down. Perfect for carting boxes, suitcases, and wedding dresses. Well the dealership had received a loaner Tiguan back and assured us that it should have enough room. Thus, we went in Friday morning prepared to pick up a roomy Tiguan to cart everything to Disneyland as soon as we could get our hands on the car.

We arrived at the dealership promptly at 7:30 AM to pick up the Tiguan so we could be on our way ASAP. I was all happy to not have the terrible rental car anymore and be on our way to the wedding weekend shortly. Well, as soon as we stepped up to the counter, I knew something was not good. The service person greeted us with "Did you get my message last night???" Cue yet another curveball to the wedding.

As it turns out, the individuals who had borrowed the wonderful Tiguan and returned it the night before had essentially spent the entire time they had the car engaging in some illicit drug activities, or at least that is the way it smelled even after the deep cleaning they had given the car. There was no way we were taking that car. They let us smell it just in case and dear god the stench. I'm actually somewhat impressed how badly it still smelled the next morning after a deep cleaning and multiple deodorizing attempts.

Thus, no Tiguan. Options B and C were a Golf GTI and a Passat Sedan. They were trying to push us into taking the Passat, but I patiently explained to them repeatedly that two wedding dresses were not going to fit in the trunk laying flat with all the boxes we had (and suitcases) even if we folded the seats down. So it was to be the Golf GTI. Now all we needed were the keys and the car and we could be on our merry way!

Not so fast! When they went to get the keys for the Golf, it turns out one of the service people had accidentally put the keys in their pocket and taken them home with them the night before. No worries, we were willing to wait until they retrieved the keys from said person so we could take the Golf because there was no way we were going to use the Passat. After a little longer wait, THE KEYS!! We were finally on our way home to pack up the car at about 9:30AM, two hours after we arrived for a simple car trade-in.

Did I mention that the gloomy, drizzly skies finally opened up into a flat out downpour from the time we entered the dealership to when we left? Thus we went home and rapidly packed up the car (in the pouring rain) and put the finishing touches on the pet care preparations. Good thing we got the Golf! The car was packed to the gills, stacked with boxes and dresses.

After a little over an hour of driving, this glorious sign was in our sights:

(Just seeing that sign has a very nice soothing, calming effect on me haha)

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, that sounds like an awful lot of unnecessary stress right before the wedding, but it seems that you coped really well!
But then the wedding sure was incredible, right?! Looking forward to hear how your day turned out!

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, that sounds like an awful lot of unnecessary stress right before the wedding, but it seems that you coped really well!
But then the wedding sure was incredible, right?! Looking forward to hear how your day turned out!

The day was incredible thank you!! We recently received all our pictures back and it is like reliving the day all over again. So much wonderful!

Soooooo after we got married, work became really insane and I had zero time to update this. Darn 60 hour work weeks! I'll try and pick up where I left off and move it along haha.

Even though the morning was a little crazy and we left later than I had wanted, our room wasn't quite ready for check-in yet when we arrived to the hotel. Thus, we decided to wander around and explore until we received the call the room was ready. The holiday season at the Disneyland Hotel is just completely magical. The entire hotel is decked out with garlands, lights, trees, a giant gingerbread house, etc. It was a lot of fun just getting to walk around and see everything they had done to dress it up for the holidays. In our wanderings, we found a few friends and grabbed some quick pictures!

Minnie_selfie.jpg

Goofy.jpg

It was just about lunch time, so we decided to head over to Earl of Sandwich for a little lunch and wait for our room. Just as we were finishing our lunch they called to let us know our room was ready. We found out that they put us in the Adventure Tower, which I was very excited to find out because I love the lobby in that tower haha. Once we got up to our room, I quickly realized that the Disneyland Hotel staff had granted us some major pixie dust! Upon looking out the window, I realized we had a view across Downtown Disney (and right over the skating rink!!) that extended all the way to the right area of Disneyland for us to have a view of the fireworks right from our hotel room. After such an awful week, that was an absolutely incredible surprise. We were so happy to have that view. :)

We quickly unpacked the room and organized for the coming days, and then I don't really remember what we did after that. My memory is kind of really fuzzy for Friday afternoon and most of Saturday due to the concussion. I do know that we met up with our amazing wedding planner to drop off our wine that we brought for the wedding. That evening we also met up with Diana's parents and spent some time with them.

I do remember falling asleep that night while watching the fireworks from my bed and just being so happy that we were finally, after everything we'd been through, mere days away from being officially married at the happiest place on Earth.

A little preview of our castle shoot the day after the wedding from C&B Pictures:

Renee_Diana_667.jpg

One of these days I will get around to finishing up with our wedding day and doing a picture dump....

We are supposed to receive our wedding album today and I am so excited!!! Here is what is going on the cover of our album from C&B Photography. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

image.jpg

Oh, oh, oh... that picture is so insanely gorgeous!!! I can't wait for the 'picture dump.' :)

How the heck did I miss your journal??!!!

Well, following along now. Better late then never. (I swear I'm the white rabbit reincarnated!)

Oh, oh, oh... that picture is so insanely gorgeous!!! I can't wait for the 'picture dump.' :)

YES!!! What she said!!!

How the heck did I miss your journal??!!!

Well, following along now. Better late then never. (I swear I'm the white rabbit reincarnated!)

YES!!! What she said!!!

Thank you both! I'm hoping I have some time in the next few weeks to start uploading photos from our wedding day and castle shoot :)

Beautiful pic of both of you in front of the Castle. You both look gorgeous, love your dresses. Happy to have found this journal. Can't wait to see more pics. Congrats!:wave2:

I referenced your wedding & a few other same sex weddings that are on this board as well, to my sister today. She called me to tell me that my niece's best friend "came out" to her parents the other night, and the mom was on the phone with my sister upset. The girl is 13. The thing is, this mother is so close minded-religious, going on & on about how she's never going to see her daughter get married or have children.....I asked my sister what planet this chick is living on. The Dad is fine with it all. But this lady is losing her mind over this. I just could not believe this. I can't understand how people will put their own religious belief's over their children's love. All I kept thinking about was how beautiful your wedding was & just how incredibly happy you both look. I'm just happy that Disney is part of all of this & that the laws are finally changing.

Sorry, off topic.

I referenced your wedding & a few other same *** weddings that are on this board as well, to my sister today. She called me to tell me that my niece's best friend "came out" to her parents the other night, and the mom was on the phone with my sister upset. The girl is 13. The thing is, this mother is so close minded-religious, going on & on about how she's never going to see her daughter get married or have children.....I asked my sister what planet this chick is living on. The Dad is fine with it all. But this lady is losing her mind over this. I just could not believe this. I can't understand how people will put their own religious belief's over their children's love. All I kept thinking about was how beautiful your wedding was & just how incredibly happy you both look. I'm just happy that Disney is part of all of this & that the laws are finally changing.

Sorry, off topic.

Thank you! A large part of why I'm posting and finishing out this journal is because there is not a ton of imagery out there of two women being married at Disney currently (I couldn't find any for Disneyland when I was planning), and it's really only in the last year that I've seen an explosion of imagery for two women being married in general. There are fewer images of women both in dresses though.

Off topic time! It is really tragic that parents do not realize that their children are just as capable of finding meaningful love and companionship no matter their sexuality or gender identity, and that core of the individual they are raising is still the same person. Not accepting your children for who they are is going to cause them so much more unhappiness in life than any social stigma for being different.

When Diana came out to her parents, her mom's first reaction was for Diana to pray away the gay, like it was something she could change about herself. This has caused Diana to struggle so much with identifying as a lesbian and it makes her feel like she is letting her parents down. Her parents still act ashamed of us and avoid telling people about us, even when they are directly confronted about it. I do not feel welcome in her family either as a result. The saddest part is we are so happy together and are truly lucky to have found each other, and her parents can't seem to share in that joy.

Being a teenager is hard enough. I hope her mom can come around fast and realizes she still has the same wonderful kid who is capable of having all the same life achievements regardless of her sexuality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts