A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

I’m errr with them....but I haven’t seen it sooo...

So does this mean you're gonna make me ride it in November? :laughing:

It’s just soooo good!

I really need some.

Hail! I don’t thunk I have

You mostly need a good partner to unlock the secrets, but then again there are also some you get yourself.

Yes yes yes! Yummm

We'll have to have a few when you're here! :thumbsup2

That looks great, chocolate weakness here tho :rolleyes1

I couldn't finish it, too rich!

Would you by chance be willing to share this recipe??????? Pretty Pleassssse.

Here you go!

Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake

x18DL1207FOH05.jpg

Yumm candy cane topper, was the blue drink good?

icing or more like white chocolate on top?

Mmmm!!

Nog :lovestruc
So our local dairy burned down over a year ago..they re-built and opened a couple of months ago...we were treated to a fantastic surprise this easter as they do the BEST eggnog at xmas time, but due to all the complaining they got this past xmas when they were re-building, they did their eggnog for Easter!! :cloud9::cloud9: I even have it in my coffee this am...

So does this mean you're gonna make me ride it in November? :laughing:

D and I really want to see it, M would prob love to do something else with you lol :D

We'll have to have a few when you're here! :thumbsup2

Ya we will!:love:

Standing by!

I think you saw it....

Huh. Learning stuff all the time. :)

This TR is supposed to be educational.

You're not making this easy!

It's not supposed to be!

Sorry to hear about the apartment!

Yeah s*** happens.

It lasts all weekend. There's practice and qualifying (two rounds) and then the race on Sunday. There are also 2-3 other classes of cars that race too. I don't bother with those. No interest.

So pretty much the Grand Prix happens all weekend.

So... turkey in a bowl with cranberries is fine.

Not in my book. Blech.

Nutmeg grinder! That sounds so... decadent. :)

Yes it does!

Yumm candy cane topper, was the blue drink good?

I liked it!

icing or more like white chocolate on top?

Don't remember. It was kind of blah.

This was yummy!

Nog :lovestruc
So our local dairy burned down over a year ago..they re-built and opened a couple of months ago...we were treated to a fantastic surprise this easter as they do the BEST eggnog at xmas time, but due to all the complaining they got this past xmas when they were re-building, they did their eggnog for Easter!! :cloud9::cloud9: I even have it in my coffee this am...

Yummy!

D and I really want to see it, M would prob love to do something else with you lol :D

I will probably be roped into it.

Ya we will!:love:

:thumbsup2:

OK, so I need to wrap up these bonus features because in just a few weeks, I’m going to really have something of substance that I think you folks will want to see….not sure how many of you follow the Disneyland aspect of things, but we have this little thing opening at our park say around the end of this month. It’s not a big deal, it’s just STAR WARS GALAXY’S EDGE!!!! And I’ve got reservations on several occasions to visit thanks to @rentayenta!

So let’s get these little bonus features wrapped up so I can share that when the time comes.

January 6, we went out to the Festival of Holidays to use up the rest of our little tabs on our lanyard.

We started off with Holiday Ham Shanks with Brown Sugar-Pineapple Glaze – $8.00 and of course our favorite Egg Nog. The ham was fall off the bone tender. The sauce was a little sweet for my taste, but Fran loved it.

x19DL0106FOH01.jpg

Next was the Reuben Potato Tots with Russian Dressing and Rye Toast – $6.75 from Favorite Things

This one was my favorite of the two. I love corned beef, and Reuben sandwiches and this was a nice little mash-up. I think Fran finished the ham and I finished this one.

x19DL0106FOH02.jpg

Then on to Grandma’s Recipes for Candied Yams with Marshmallow Cream and Toasted Pecans – $7.50 for Fran, I’m not sure that she liked it all that much. I don’t care for Yams or Sweet potatoes, so I let her eat this one.

x19DL0106FOH03.jpg

I thought that the Beef Pot Roast on a Potato Roll with Horseradish Cream – $8.50 was fantastic.

x19DL0106FOH04.jpg

We also got a Gingerbread Mickey which was incredibly tasty. Though I don’t want to rush the year through, I can’t wait until Gingerbread comes back into season.

x19DL0106FOH05.jpg

From Blissfully Braised we repeated the Pork Belly Adobo and Blood Orange Ginger Mule, so yummy! I wish they would publish the recipe for this!

x19DL0106FOH06.jpg

And while it wasn’t the best use of our lanyard tabs, we used the last one on the Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding from Visions of Sugarplums. This is my favorite dessert of the festival. I need to make this again at home.

x19DL0106FOH07.jpg

And that wraps up all of our little tabs from the Festival of the Holidays!

x19DL0106FOH08.jpg

In keeping with moving this forward I’ll just push ahead in the updates. Just about two weeks later, Jill flew out to California on MLK day weekend. I cooked a Prime Rib that we ate at Jenny’s house.

x19DL0119JJM01.jpg

Her husband sliced it up for us.

x19DL0119JJM02.jpg

The meal was complete with roasted red potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and Michael grilled asparagus perfectly. It was a great meal with fun friends.

x19DL0119JJM03.jpg

The next day we all went to the parks and went on a bunch of rides. We started off with the Incredicoaster.

x19DL0120JJM01.jpg

Followed up by Radiator Springs Racers

x19DL0120JJM02.jpg

Then we hopped on over to Guardians of the Galaxy

x19DL0120JJM03.jpg

By this time we worked up an appetite so we decided to stop for some food and drinks.

x19DL0120JJM04.jpg

I don’t remember what everyone else, got but I enjoyed an order of these puppies. Looks like Jill did too, and now I remember, Jenny and Michael split the Korean Beef Tacos.

x19DL0120JJM05.jpg

After some sustenance we rode Space Mountain. Seems like I have theme for the day on my poses….

x19DL0120JJM06.jpg

I think we did Buzz, and the Matterhorn as well, but there aren’t ride photos from that.

At that point I was beat, Michael had already left at around 5PM, and it was nearing 6PM and I was tired too. I went home, and Jenny and Jill stuck around to watch F!

not sure how many of you follow the Disneyland aspect of things, but we have this little thing opening at our park say around the end of this month. It’s not a big deal, it’s just STAR WARS GALAXY’S EDGE!!!!

I'm definitely following the Disneyland stuff...going in July and so excited! But did not manage to get any reservations for SWGE for the two days that we will be in the parks. I'm ok with it, because I've only been to DLR once before I think we will be happy to see the rest of the parks. I hope that SWGE occupies the crowds lol But way to go on getting some reservations!!

Though I don’t want to rush the year through, I can’t wait until Gingerbread comes back into season.

I'm so with you!! I love ANYTHING gingerbread or ginger...gingerbread lattes are my downfall in winter.

Yay for reservations for Galaxy Edge! I understand why they do this, but am afraid that it will end up with loads of very disappointed visitors who had no idea that reservations were needed.

The prime rib looked very tasty!

Egg Nog. The ham was fall off the bone tender. The sauce was a little sweet for my taste, but Fran loved it.

x19DL0106FOH01.jpg

Very yummy picture!

We also got a Gingerbread Mickey which was incredibly tasty. Though I don’t want to rush the year through, I can’t wait until Gingerbread comes back into season.

x19DL0106FOH05.jpg

I love gingerbread season too! Well and pumpkin too
Her husband sliced it up for us.

x19DL0119JJM02.jpg

Beauty!

Those Yorkies look gooood!
I picked some wild asparagus yesterday!
Then we hopped on over to Guardians of the Galaxy

x19DL0120JJM03.jpg
I love guardians ride photos!
Seems like I have theme for the day on my poses….

Did you realize it at the time?

Oh I just realized that I should take another look at the Christmas food!! Stupid me!

What a fun weekend minus my Chiefs losing in OT in the AFC championship! The prime rib and Yorkshire Puddings were amazing!

Jill in CO

Now I know you're lying because you've told the same thing to both your daughters repeatedly! :laughing:

:rolleyes:

OK. Gotcha. I had no idea that any of it was even televised until you guys started telling me about it.

::yes:: I watched it on the tube this year. I liked it better live. ;)

OK, so I need to wrap up these bonus features because in just a few weeks, I’m going to really have something of substance that I think you folks will want to see….not sure how many of you follow the Disneyland aspect of things, but we have this little thing opening at our park say around the end of this month. It’s not a big deal, it’s just STAR WARS GALAXY’S EDGE!!!! And I’ve got reservations on several occasions to visit thanks to @rentayenta!

No way! Awesome!

We started off with Holiday Ham Shanks with Brown Sugar-Pineapple Glaze – $8.00 and of course our favorite Egg Nog. The ham was fall off the bone tender.

That sounded not so great until you said that "fall off the bone" bit.

Next was the Reuben Potato Tots with Russian Dressing and Rye Toast – $6.75 from Favorite Things

This one was my favorite of the two.

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of Reubens, so not sure. I'd try it though.

Then on to Grandma’s Recipes for Candied Yams with Marshmallow Cream and Toasted Pecans – $7.50 for Fran, I’m not sure that she liked it all that much. I don’t care for Yams or Sweet potatoes, so I let her eat this one.

That'd be a hard pass for me.

I thought that the Beef Pot Roast on a Potato Roll with Horseradish Cream – $8.50 was fantastic.

Looks good!

Blood Orange Ginger Mule, so yummy! I wish they would publish the recipe for this!

Blood Orange Moscow Mule

Prep Time 5 minutes Total Time 5 minutes

Ingredients
1.5 ounces vodka
juice of ½ a lime
1 ounce blood orange simple syrup (recipe below)
4 ounce Ginger beer (not Ginger Ale)
Blood Orange Simple Syrup
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
¼ cup blood orange juice
Garnish: Ginger slices, lime wedges, blood orange slices

Instructions
To make the simple syrup, combine all the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once sugar has melted, cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
To make the cocktail, combine the vodka, lime juice and simple syrup in a copper mug (or regular tall glass) with crushed ice. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with ginger slices, lime or blood oranges.

And while it wasn’t the best use of our lanyard tabs, we used the last one on the Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding from Visions of Sugarplums. This is my favorite dessert of the festival. I need to make this again at home.

yummm!

I cooked a Prime Rib that we ate at Jenny’s house.

Holy crap that looks amazing! And looks cooked perfectly!

The meal was complete with roasted red potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and Michael grilled asparagus perfectly. It was a great meal with fun friends.

I'm drooling...

Followed up by Radiator Springs Racers

Didja win?

I don’t remember what everyone else, got but I enjoyed an order of these puppies.

Because Kay wasn't there. Otherwise you wouldn't have any.

After some sustenance we rode Space Mountain. Seems like I have theme for the day on my poses….

::yes:: I did notice. :)

She's in Salzburg for the weekend. Her hubby is in his German home currently and goes home early next week. She doesn't have lots of time for the boards when he is around. I'm FB friends with him so I hear all about their escapades. He is a prolific poster. She has a Twitter account where evidently she posts a lot, but I'm not on Twitter.

Thanks for the info! I did get a PM from her not too terribly long ago and a reply on my TR, and now realize why she is MIA. :) For a good reason too! :) Sometimes I wish I had other social media accounts, but just don't have any more time to give. My own TR and kids and life keep me busy enough. Super looking forward to November for sure when we can all finally spend a bit of quality time together!

I would have liked it to be a little more cheddary.

I like my mac cheese to be very cheddary too, and creamy. But I also like the drier, baked style with melted cheese on top like at 8 Spoons.

I can't WAIT to hear all about this!!!!! Can. NOT. wait!

YUM!!

That looks AMAZING!!

:lovestruc

I'm so looking forward to riding this as I've not gotten to since the change to Pixar Place. In fact, I've not gotten to see any of the changes there, so am excited to see the new theming!

Looks like Jill did too, and now I remember, Jenny and Michael split the Korean Beef Tacos.

Mmmmm, my faves!

I'm definitely following the Disneyland stuff...going in July and so excited! But did not manage to get any reservations for SWGE for the two days that we will be in the parks. I'm ok with it, because I've only been to DLR once before I think we will be happy to see the rest of the parks. I hope that SWGE occupies the crowds lol But way to go on getting some reservations!!

You actually won't need reservations in July. Starting somewhere around June 24 they are going to a different system. Once you enter the park, you can make a reservation to enter Galaxy's edge on your Smartphone or you can go to a kiosk to make the reservation. At the time that you are able to enter the land, you show up and they will let you stay as long as you want.

I'm so with you!! I love ANYTHING gingerbread or ginger...gingerbread lattes are my downfall in winter.

I've never had a gingerbread latte, but then again I am more of a coffee purist and like mine with just half and half.

We're going to SWGE! :woohoo: A few times. party:

party: I can't wait to go back! I realized we missed a whole big section!

Great update! And that Yorkshire pudding! Amazing! :cloud9:

I'm craving more! I think I need to make another Prime Rib!

Yay for reservations for Galaxy Edge! I understand why they do this, but am afraid that it will end up with loads of very disappointed visitors who had no idea that reservations were needed.

Well hopefully they are staying at an onsite hotel, and get one automatically.

The prime rib looked very tasty!

It was! And I can't wait to make it again!

Very yummy picture!

::yes::

I love gingerbread season too! Well and pumpkin too

I'm not a fan of pumpkin, but yes gingerbread!

Beauty!
Those Yorkies look gooood!
I picked some wild asparagus yesterday!

Huh, never heard of wild asparagus.

I love guardians ride photos!

I got another one coming.

Did you realize it at the time?

I don't remember :laughing:

Oh I just realized that I should take another look at the Christmas food!! Stupid me!

Not stupid, but yes you should look some more at the Christmas food. Quite a bit of it was there both years that we have gone there.

I have that same set of dishes, in addition to my "Mickey" plates.

That's Jenny's (or should I say Michael's) platter, my dishes are all pretty much plain white, or Mickey, or Pooh....or Haunted Mansion.

Yum! I love asparagus! In fact, it is almost time to start harvesting it here in Michigan.

That must be a thing for more northern latitudes, that was mentioned by a reader in BC too.

Thank You very much

Did you try it yet? How did it come out?

What a fun weekend minus my Chiefs losing in OT in the AFC championship! The prime rib and Yorkshire Puddings were amazing!

I forgot you were watching the games on your phone in lines and other down times! :laughing:

::yes:: I watched it on the tube this year. I liked it better live. ;)

I suppose if you're into that stuff I could see that.

No way! Awesome!

First trip there was last night.... :rolleyes1

That sounded not so great until you said that "fall off the bone" bit.

It was sweeter than my taste, but it was really tender.

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of Reubens, so not sure. I'd try it though.

I am a HUGE fan of Reubens. I hadn't tried corned beef until 10-15 years ago and now I really love it.

That'd be a hard pass for me.

Me too.

Looks good!

Probably one of my favorites of the festival.

Blood Orange Moscow Mule

Prep Time 5 minutes Total Time 5 minutes

Ingredients
1.5 ounces vodka
juice of ½ a lime
1 ounce blood orange simple syrup (recipe below)
4 ounce Ginger beer (not Ginger Ale)
Blood Orange Simple Syrup
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
¼ cup blood orange juice
Garnish: Ginger slices, lime wedges, blood orange slices

Instructions
To make the simple syrup, combine all the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once sugar has melted, cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
To make the cocktail, combine the vodka, lime juice and simple syrup in a copper mug (or regular tall glass) with crushed ice. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with ginger slices, lime or blood oranges.

OK, if someone made the Blood Orange Simple Syrup for me I could do that.

Holy crap that looks amazing! And looks cooked perfectly!

Thanks! I've gotten pretty good at Prime Rib! :teeth: However, it takes all day to do it right and you have to start early.

I'm drooling...

😋🥩🍷

Didja win?

You know, I actually never notice.....

Because Kay wasn't there. Otherwise you wouldn't have any.

:laughing:

::yes:: I did notice. :)

You are very astute.

Thanks for the info! I did get a PM from her not too terribly long ago and a reply on my TR, and now realize why she is MIA. :) For a good reason too! :) Sometimes I wish I had other social media accounts, but just don't have any more time to give. My own TR and kids and life keep me busy enough. Super looking forward to November for sure when we can all finally spend a bit of quality time together!

I'm looking forward to it too!

I like my mac cheese to be very cheddary too, and creamy. But I also like the drier, baked style with melted cheese on top like at 8 Spoons.

And now I'm craving Costco mac and cheese.

I can't WAIT to hear all about this!!!!! Can. NOT. wait!

Well, then I think I know your answer to the question in my next update.

I'm so looking forward to riding this as I've not gotten to since the change to Pixar Place. In fact, I've not gotten to see any of the changes there, so am excited to see the new theming!

Just make sure you have seen Incredibles 2, I'm glad that I didn't ride it until I saw the movie.

Mmmmm, my faves!

:thumbsup2

Well now I really need to get goin’ on this report! Yesterday I had the privilege of going to Batuu, otherwise known as Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. Unfortunately they made us put our phones in little gray plastic bags that had a sticky strip to close them up so we couldn’t use them to take pictures or video. So this brings me to my question about this new land, do you people want spoilers or not? The next time I will be in there is two weeks from tomorrow. It will have been open for a good ten days by then and all kinds of secrets will be all over the interwebs. Would you like for me to describe in detail my experiences with the ride and show my photos when I finally get back in there?

It was over a month and a half after our previous visit before we got back to Disney. The first weekend in March, we had a one bedroom for opening weekend of F&W. It’s always a gamble when you book at 11 months out, you never know which weeks they are going to pick to schedule F&W and they really don’t announce much of anything until around the 1st of the year, so it’s like I won the lottery on which weekend I chose, because I got the first one.

Jill flew in by about 10AM Friday, but Fran and I weren’t able to leave the house until around 1PM, as always we had a few stops to make on the way out of town. I think it was around 3PM when we arrived and by some miracle our room was ready! So we dropped off our bags and went right to the food booths. Well we actually bought the little lanyard with the sampler tabs. It was $49 so that works out to any entree over $6.12 is a good deal to use your tab.

From Cluck a Doodle Moo we ordered the Salt and Vinegar Parmesan Chicken Wings – $8.00. They were always out of them the previous year so I never got to try them. I thought they were really tasty and very garlicky.

We also got the Harris Ranch Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider with Chimichurri Sauce $8.50. I forgot that it had chimichurri (cilantro) so when we cut it in thirds, Jill scraped it off of my part.

The next booth was Garlic Kissed.

We got Creamy Mac & Cheese with Garlic Bread Crumble (V) – $7.75, this was very rich, too creamy and not enough cheesy for me.

Black Garlic Soy-braised Pork Belly Banh Mi – $8.00, this was very good, but I was already starting to get full and was having a hard time eating my piece. We removed the cilantro and jalapenos.

Chocolate Crunch Cake – $5.50

The crunch cake was tasty but not “wow!”

We were full enough, and around that time Jenny arrived, she had just gotten off work and you all know how it is when you have “one of those weeks”, so instead of braving the crowds in the parks, and it was super busy there! We just went to have some drinks and such.

Until this "new" DIS figures out how to do more simple updates, I'm going to stop here. This was way way way to labor intensive for just a few pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!