A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

I thought you girls didn't like guys who...

Oh, wait. That's "handsy". Different. Nevermind!

And who said that? :rolleyes1 Well perhaps it depends on who it is.....

I'd love to stay in bed til noon some day. Never seems to happen, though.

Well, it is hard to be productive when you do that.....

Forget what?

Actually... sleep deprivation is catching up with me. So... yes.

I don't know how you do it!

Oh, man! How I would love that!
But methinks that Ruby wouldn't be too happy with me if I took a cruise without her. And with her... she wouldn't want to hang around with strangers.

Ah well.

Catch 22.....

I was just joking that you were less "focused" as the night went on...

I got that, definitely less and less focused.

Big old "A" for us Alison/Allyson's :)

:thumbsup2

Looks spot on indeed!

Well for Pam, I'm not a fan of beets. Although I should give them another try, my tastes may have changed.

Apparently when I was quoting I was keen on the halibut! Yum!

It was really good! I'd love to have some for dinner, but even to buy it at the grocery store, it's so darned expensive!

I actually though there was a churro on the plate at first glance!

I wasn't sure what it was, still not so much.

I don't think I've had before but the layers look really neat here

I've had terrines before and depending on what you layer in them, they can be rather tasty!

yumm! (other than I'm still working on liking blue varieties)

I think you're either born with it or not. My Mom hates blue cheese.

This looks very pretty but....

Bring on the chocolate! Mmmm!!

Yeah, I'd say that Jill and I were the winners on the dessert!

Agree wholeheartedly

::yes:: :thumbsup2

Me! I'd love to but DH would unfortunately not be ok with being left behind.

Well you can both always join the group as well!

Day 8 - Thursday - Last Day at Sea

Today’s Navigators

z18FC0830SD301.jpg

z18FC0830SD302.jpg

This morning I woke up around 7AM, the sun was already up and I was bummed that I would have been able to see the sunrise from my porthole if I had only been 15-20 minutes earlier to rise.

Oh well.

This was a day at sea and I figured that the Rainforest Room would be packed like the day before so rope drop was going to be the best strategy. I got there at 8AM and ran into Jill in the locker room. She was having a seaweed wrap. This was the morning that I took the pictures that I showed you in an earlier update.

I had the place to myself for about 5 minutes when another gal came in and used the hot tub opposite the one that I was in. I spent about 15-20 minutes in the hot tub, another few on the heated lounger, and then a little time in the steam room. Then I went and showered off and headed back to the cabin via the Cove Cafe.

I was back in the room by 8:45, and Fran and I discussed breakfast. She didn't think she could be up and dressed before Royal Court (we kept calling it Triton’s) would close at 9:30. Not that it would take her 45 minutes to get dressed and all, but she hates walking into a restaurant 10-15 minutes before they close, because she can't take her time and feels pressured to eat quickly and get out of there.

I let her sleep a few minutes longer while I updated the TR and then she got dressed and we headed up to the buffet. I let her pick her stuff while I found a table. As soon as she sat down our drink server from dinner found us and started chatting.

z18FC0830SD303.jpg

Fran asked about if they did omelettes or eggs cooked to order and immediately he offered to get us some. I had not actually planned on eggs, but now that I was committed, I went to the buffet to get some toast and bacon. Shortly after I sat down, he was back with my eggs. I had only wanted one, but he said the minimum they could cook was two, so I ate the one.

z18FC0830SD305.jpg

Then I went to get the breakfast I had intended in slightly smaller portions. Some oatmeal.

z18FC0830SD306.jpg

And a Mickey waffle.

z18FC0830SD307.jpg

I guess it was better that I had an egg to go with my bacon, that gave me a little more protein. I had only planned on two Mickey Waffles with bacon after the oatmeal.

After breakfast we had a few more minutes before our next activity, so we stopped by the future cruise desk. The Princess gathering was going on in the Atrium below.

z18FC0830SD308.jpg

They now have a deal where you put down a $250 deposit on a future cruise that you can take up to 24 months from the booking date. You get 10% off the booking price, a $200 onboard credit, and a reduced deposit if your eventual cruise is 7 days or longer. When I tapped my card, I was #6 in line. We waited for a while in the area.

z18FC0830SD309.jpg

By the way, this is where you wait for characters like Mickey. He meets you on a little ledge just out of the picture on the far right. The lines usually extend back to where I’m taking the shot from, so that’s why we get there 15-20 minutes before he’s supposed to come out. That usually ensures we get to meet him.

z18FC0830SD310.jpg

There it is, see that little ledge next to the staircase?

z18FC0830SD311.jpg

We had 45 minutes left until our next activity, and after half an hour of waiting, Fran wanted to go get settled in the movie theater which was just around the corner. We were finally going to see Solo: A Star Wars Story. She was the only one in the theater and by the time I got back to the future cruise desk, I was next in line. The process was simple and at least we can plan on a Disney cruise, sometime by August in 2020. Now you know that it will be April of 2020.

Then I joined her in the theater, it was probably only about ¼ full when the movie started. A few latecomers straggled in during the movie. We both enjoyed it thoroughly.

We had a dessert tasting booked at Remy in the afternoon, but we couldn't eat all that sugar without some protein. So we went up to Flo’s V8 Cafe and got a burger and fries to split, it was just perfect for what we needed.

z18FC0830SD312.jpg

Just a glance at the QS area.

z18FC0830SD313.jpg

z18FC0830SD314.jpg

z18FC0830SD315.jpg

z18FC0830SD316.jpg

We went back to the room to rest up before our tasting, and I put Moana back on and started packing up our suitcases. After all we had a Nautilus that we needed to get safely off the ship. Evidently this was a second generation Nautilus so she needs to keep this one. We planned to hold the suitcase with the Nautilus back and carry it off ourselves so as to keep it as safe as possible. I got a second suitcase packed up as well, since Fran had brought a ton of clothes that she never wore. Because she felt ill and stayed in the room so much, she mostly wore her sweats, T-shirts and shorts while napping in bed. She was cold throughout the entire voyage and didn't wear any of her “Disney Hawaiian style shirts".
We got dressed around 3PM and headed up to Remy on Deck 12. Jill was waiting for us, she had been in Meridian enjoying a glass of Moet Ice, and we were seated shortly after we arrived.

z18FC0830SD317.jpg

z18FC0830SD318.jpg

Of course they were offering wine pairings and they had three fabulous wines to go along with the desserts.

z18FC0830SD319.jpg

The Maitre ‘D briefed us on how the afternoon would go.

z18FC0830SD323.jpg

The chef explained all the desserts one by one as they were served. He had been with Disney for some 25 years. He began at Euro Disney, and then when the cruise line started he moved over to the cruise line. He is in charge of both Remy restaurants on the Dream and the Fantasy.

z18FC0830SD324.jpg

Our first wine was a Sauternes and quite lovely.

z18FC0830SD320.jpg

It was paired with an Apple Tatin or on the menu it was simply called Pomme, I believe that I shared the story of the Tatin from the last time we did this so I'll spare you. This was exquisite, the apple was sliced so thin and then wrapped in a spiral. The chef explained that they make one very long strip of apple and cook it like that first, then they roll it up and cook it again. I'm not sure where the seasonings and sweetener came in, but he said it takes several days to make this one.

z18FC0830SD325.jpg

The second dessert was also paired with the Sauternes and it was equally as delicious. The menu said Eclair only this was a very different sort of eclair, it was made with a peanut praline filling and a peanut flavored dough. It was so good!

z18FC0830SD326.jpg

z18FC0830SD327.jpg

We were poured a Cabernet Ice Wine next, which was also beautiful, to be paired with the next two dishes.

z18FC0830SD321.jpg

The first was called Noisette, and it was a Hazelnut based dessert. This was probably my least favorite of the bunch, and I didn't finish it, mostly because i don't care for hazelnuts so much.

z18FC0830SD328.jpg

z18FC0830SD330.jpg

z18FC0830SD329.jpg

z18FC0830SD331.jpg

It was around this time that we noticed that the ship appeared to be making a turn, and there was an island close by. Pretty soon they cut the engines and it was clear that we had stopped. I noticed a small ship that was speeding towards us, and we suspected that something had gone wrong on our ship.

[Continued from Previous Post]

The desserts kept coming though, next was a Foret Noire, a French version of Black Forest Cake, but it was nothing like any Black Forest Cake I'd ever had. This one had a cherry sort of base and paired very nicely with the Ice Wine. I couldn't finish all of this one as the sugar high was starting to kick in.

z18FC0830SD332.jpg

z18FC0830SD333.jpg

By now we noticed a lifeboat was speeding towards the shore and shortly afterwards the Captain came over the PA system informing us that there had been an injury on board. They were transporting the passenger to Turks & Caicos so that they could be airlifted to the US. Evidently this passenger's injuries were beyond what could be handled on the ship. As a result our arrival at Castaway Cay the following day would be delayed by several hours. Instead of 9AM all ashore, they were estimating an 11:30 time for disembarking. They planned in extending the departure time until later as well. Later we would learn that the day before, while boarding the ship in St. Thomas, a woman fell and hit her head. While it was an inconvenience that we would have less time (and it turned out some plans were completely changed), if mine or Fran's lives were in danger, I would want Disney to go out of their way for me too. Even if it did inconvenience almost 4000 people.

Back to the desserts, for the next one we were poured a Hungarian wine from Royal Tokaji, these wines are so fantastic, you should really try them if you have the opportunity.

z18FC0830SD322.jpg

Our dessert was a Chocolate Charmand which was made from something that was even more thin than a crepe, stacked with layers of a chocolate mousse of sorts. There were little nutty things that Jill pointed out tasted like Cracker Jack peanuts. All of this rested on a layer of molten chocolate. I could not help but spoon up every last bite of this one.

z18FC0830SD334.jpg

z18FC0830SD335.jpg

We were poured a glass of Tattinger Champagne to go along with our last course. It was called Citroen and I had been served this dessert on our last visit to dinner at Remy. My last visit, I had made a rookie move by eating at 2PM, in retrospect I should have just starved myself. As a result I couldn't even touch my main course at dinner. However when they brought me this as my dessert, I could not resist eating at least some of it. This time I ate it all, it was so refreshing and lemony after all those rich chocolatey courses.

z18FC0830SD336.jpg

z18FC0830SD337.jpg

We were given a gift of some macarons to take with us, we paid our checks and said goodbye to Jill until the evening.

My mouth is watering seeing all of those desserts. Yum!!! That so sad Fran wasn't able to enjoy the trip.:hug:

Yikes - I could think of nothing worse than being seriously injured on a cruise in the middle of the ocean! As you say better to save one life and inconveniece a few thousand!

It looks like another wonderful meal at Remy!

We enjoyed Solo as well - a bit too fan-service-y to be a great movie- but a fun little romp. It didn't ruin my childhood!!

Just reading this menu made me excited!

The apple looks so fine and thin, was it a vanilla bean sort of ice cream with it?

Mmm Peanut goodness!

I would enjoy this one I think, as I do like hazelnuts a lot

Does this have a sort of jelly coating around it?

ater we would learn that the day before, while boarding the ship in St. Thomas, a woman fell and hit her head. While it was an inconvenience that we would have less time (and it turned out some plans were completely changed), if mine or Fran's lives were in danger, I would want Disney to go out of their way for me too.

I hope she is ok- unfortunate to be late at Castaway, however someone's life is indeed much more important

Beauty colour on this one also

This looks very yummy!

I don't know if they had this experience when we were on the Fantasy (I don't remember it) but I hope someday to do something similar!

Last Day at Sea

Boo!

They let kids play bingo??? I'm a bit surprised... or... are the prizes not cash?

I would have been able to see the sunrise from my porthole

A hole where the sun don't shine. Check.

if I had only been 15-20 minutes earlier to rise.

I can't believe you're actually wishing you got up earlier.

I got there at 8AM and ran into Jill in the locker room.

Did you knock her down? I hope she was okay. I hear if you hit your head, they fly you home.

She was having a seaweed wrap.

I've had that. Didn't care for the taste.

I spent about 15-20 minutes in the hot tub, another few on the heated lounger, and then a little time in the steam room.

ohhhhh.... that sounds... heavenly. :cloud9:

I was back in the room by 8:45, and Fran and I discussed breakfast.

One does not discuss breakfast. One eats breakfast.

she hates walking into a restaurant 10-15 minutes before they close, because she can't take her time and feels pressured to eat quickly and get out of there.

I'm with Fran. I don't like that either. For exactly the same reason.

No offense... but that Bennie doesn't look very appetizing.

he said the minimum they could cook was two

Oh, come on. That's bs, obviously. More likely they were just trying to please you by giving you more of what you asked for.

Some oatmeal.

z18FC0830SD306.jpg

With brown sugar. I approve.

And a Mickey waffle.

z18FC0830SD307.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of waffles... but that's making my mouth water!

Nice shot, Alison! :thumbsup2

You get 10% off the booking price, a $200 onboard credit, and a reduced deposit if your eventual cruise is 7 days or longer.

Not a bad deal!

There it is, see that little ledge next to the staircase?

::yes::

Gorgeous (and impressive!) chandelier.

Then I joined her in the theater, it was probably only about ¼ full when the movie started. A few latecomers straggled in during the movie. We both enjoyed it thoroughly.

I did too. :)

We had a dessert tasting booked at Remy in the afternoon,

mmm... dessert.

I like the looks of the fixin's bar.

Evidently this was a second generation Nautilus so she needs to keep this one.

Oh? You had originally planned to sell it, I presume?

She was cold throughout the entire voyage

:( Is that because she was ill? Or just a bit chilly on board?

Jill was waiting for us

Had she recovered from when you ran into her?

I glanced at that and...
I want the first and last dessert. I guess that means I like fruity over chocolate.
Also want that icewine. But... (later)

He had been with Disney for some 25 years.

Whoa! Long time. Dude must know his stuff.

He is in charge of both Remy restaurants on the Dream and the Fantasy.

Impressive credentials.

The chef explained that they make one very long strip of apple and cook it like that first, then they roll it up and cook it again. I'm not sure where the seasonings and sweetener came in, but he said it takes several days to make this one.

:faint:

I can't even imaging how good this must've been.

it was made with a peanut praline filling and a peanut flavored dough. It was so good!

Hmmm... might have to pass on that, depending how I'm feeling.

We were poured a Cabernet Ice Wine next, which was also beautiful

::yes::

The first was called Noisette

Pass.

i don't care for hazelnuts so much.

Me too.

Although the presentation is quite nice.

Pretty soon they cut the engines and it was clear that we had stopped. I noticed a small ship that was speeding towards us, and we suspected that something had gone wrong on our ship.

Uh, oh...

The desserts kept coming though, next was a Foret Noire, a French version of Black Forest Cake, but it was nothing like any Black Forest Cake I'd ever had. This one had a cherry sort of base

Interesting looking.

Later we would learn that the day before, while boarding the ship in St. Thomas, a woman fell and hit her head.

Oh dear. Must've been quite the fall. :eek:

we were poured a Hungarian wine from Royal Tokaji, these wines are so fantastic, you should really try them if you have the opportunity.

But... while the ice wine appealed the most... I'm really intrigued by this one now.

Our dessert was a Chocolate Charmand which was made from something that was even more thin than a crepe, stacked with layers of a chocolate mousse of sorts. There were little nutty things that Jill pointed out tasted like Cracker Jack peanuts. All of this rested on a layer of molten chocolate. I could not help but spoon up every last bite of this one.

I'm really on the fence on this one. If there's too much dark/bitter chocolate, I'd probably pass. So I'd have to try it before deciding.

Now this... This is the pièce de résistance! Yum!

This morning I woke up around 7AM, the sun was already up and I was bummed that I would have been able to see the sunrise from my porthole if I had only been 15-20 minutes earlier to rise.

Dang. I'm sure it felt good to rest, though.

I had only wanted one, but he said the minimum they could cook was two, so I ate the one.

How hard is it to cook one egg?

Glad you liked the movie! I thought it was a meh. The guy playing Han Solo was a letdown from Harrison Ford.

The Maitre ‘D briefed us on how the afternoon would go.

"You're gonna eat...and you're gonna drink."

I'm not sure where the seasonings and sweetener came in, but he said it takes several days to make this one.

Holy cow. That's quite the effort.

I noticed a small ship that was speeding towards us, and we suspected that something had gone wrong on our ship.

Uh oh.

By now we noticed a lifeboat was speeding towards the shore and shortly afterwards the Captain came over the PA system informing us that there had been an injury on board. They were transporting the passenger to Turks & Caicos so that they could be airlifted to the US.

Stinks to be delayed, but that sounds like it must have been really serious. Hope she was ok.

Oh my that looks like a great pairing. I love chocolate and wine. Too bad that Fran did not feel well and had to leave.

Your entire Remy experience looks great. I thought we would be dining there on our next cruise but when they went up to $125 per person we decided it was not worth it to us. But I do wish we had jumped in on an earlier cruise and experienced it when it was less expensive. Oh well.

Kate

if I had only been 15-20 minutes earlier to rise.

Well poop.

I spent about 15-20 minutes in the hot tub, another few on the heated lounger, and then a little time in the steam room.

Ahh, niiiice and warm. I could get used to that.

but he said the minimum they could cook was two, so I ate the one.

Huh? Say what?

The Princess gathering was going on in the Atrium below.

That's pretty cool. But all I could notice was the really gorgeous peacock carpet!

The Art Deco carries so well throughout!

After all we had a Nautilus that we needed to get safely off the ship. Evidently this was a second generation Nautilus so she needs to keep this one. We planned to hold the suitcase with the Nautilus back and carry it off ourselves so as to keep it as safe as possible.

#tikimugpriorities

Because she felt ill and stayed in the room so much,

:sad1:

but he said it takes several days to make this one.

:eek:

:faint:

Those two just look too rich for me. I think my faves would have been the apple and the lemon.

if mine or Fran's lives were in danger, I would want Disney to go out of their way for me too. Even if it did inconvenience almost 4000 people.

I would hope everyone on board would have had the same compassion and understanding. From a nurse's perspective, that must've been a HUGE burden of stress on him or her to make that call to order an entire ship to port for an evac. It would have been a multi-thousand (possibly 10s of thousands) dollar decision and to have that responsibility would be very daunting.

This time I ate it all, it was so refreshing and lemony after all those rich chocolatey courses.

It did sound (and look) stunning.

I think I am caught up and WOW total food/dessert porn! I am happy the flat me got to partake in a drink and dessert.

Everything looks incredible! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts