A nice but casual dinner...

I don't think you'll find too many restaurants in the immediate area of LAX unless you go to one of the nearby hotels' restaurants. You might want to try the Encounter Restaruant at LAX. It's located in the building in the center of the airport and looks kind of like a smaller version of Seattle's space needle. It was taken over by Disney and redecorated a la George Jettison. Here's a review from their website: http://www.encounterrestaurant.com/encounter_dining.html#review

I've never eaten there but the menu sounds interesting.

There is a nice restaurant called the Proud Bird on Aviation, about 5 minutes from LAX, and I recommend it (I've eaten there several times, since I work near there).

The Proud Bird has old time aircraft in the front, and has huge windows that look out towards the runway so you can watch planes land. Also, there are a couple of rooms that have fireplaces in there.

To get there you would leave LAX & stay on Century Blvd. About a mile down, you'll reach Aviation. Turn right. The Proud Bird will be on your left-hand side about a 1/2 mile down the road.

If you take Sepulveda South you'll run across a restaurant called Stick & Stein - like a sports bar. There is also a Sizzler right there on the corner of Sepulveda & Mariposa.

Further south on Sepulveda you'll hit Rosecrans. Turn left and you'll run into various restaurants - Houstons is very nice steak place. You'll also see Macaroni Grill, Daily Grill, Cozymel (yummy Mexican restaurant), PF Changs, Boston Market. We have a lot of company lunches at these places.

Wow, forgot about the Proud Bird. Is that still around? I thought there was a fire several years ago and it closed down. Did they reopen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter