A Pink Pixie Princess...FINALLY! A 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Trip Report!

The Starbucks locations at Disney Springs have mobile order too (at least the one on the West Side does ... I'm 95% sure the other one does too, but not 100%, since I don't go to Starbucks at Disney Springs because Ghirardelli). It's because the ones outside the park are operated by Starbucks, but the ones in the park are operated by Disney - that's why the people who work at Starbucks in the park are CMs and the people who work at Downtown Disney Starbucks are Starbucks employees (partners? I never remember what they can their employees).
#RandomKnowledge
That makes sense - when I had my Premier AP (RIP :() I would actually get discounts at the Starbucks in the parks (operated by Disney), but not the ones in Downtown Disney (operated by Starbucks).
Congrats to Mr. A on passing his oral exams! That's awesome!!
Thanks, I will pass on those congrats!! :)
The end of a trip is always super sad, especially when it's a really good trip, but it sounds like you made the most of your last day! I'm really glad that you had such a great trip (despite the 5K issues) and were feeling healthy throughout.
Me too! It was a really great weekend.
Good call sending an email to runDisney with your concern - I don't know if they'll do anything about it, but it's important for them to know how people felt about the weekend so that they know that there are improvements to be made.
Yeah, I don't either, but I'd feel silly just complaining about it on a message board and not actually to them directly, ya know? At least this way I'll feel like I *tried* to do something about it (still working on the email).
I also loved the lounge area, but wondered if you can actually just hang out there. They wouldn't let us through the door until we assured them we had a reservation. Maybe you can during slower times of the day or something?
Hmm...that's a good question. I hope you can, I would love to just go there and have a drink in the downstairs area!
Looks like an amazing final day and I love all your medal pics as always. I'm so glad that you had such a good weekend physically and were able to enjoy the runs. That's such a great accomplishment after your difficult year. Well done for your tenacity in working through those injuries. Again, so pleased we got the chance to see you throughout the weekend. It made the weekend even more special.
Thank you! This was really the perfect way to end the pink C2C quest for me - it was very satisfying. :) And I'm so happy I got to see you guys too!! That was so awesome. :) Hope to run into you guys again at another race weekend!
Another wonderful trip report! I honestly have been so excited to read this one- for one I'm excited to read all of your trip reports and two because I'll be doing PDC in 2018. Fingers crossed they change some of the stupid stuff about the races!
Thank you!...and YAY!! If my calculations are correct that means you are getting a C2C medal next year! :banana: So exciting!!
Your day at Disneyland sounds perfect! I love that your rope dropped and followed a plan. My two favorite things to do haha (but that is crazy that the lines were already so long first thing!)
And that dinner looked so great!
It was!! At first I wasn't super impressed by the plan because I didn't get the short wait times it seemed to promise (like you said - long lines immediately!!) but when I look back I guess I was able to do a good number of rides in one day!
And a big congratulations to Mr. Ariel!! What an accomplishment! I love the treats you brought home for him in honor of it! :)
Thanks on his behalf - I am so proud of him! :)
(Oh and I will finally try the 6" shorts when I receive the Calavera shorts! I am so freakin' excited for those to come!)
YES!! I'm a little worried about finding good tops to go with those, I guess I need to invest in some solid-colored running tops!
I feel silly to not realize who Judy Hopps was! I'm so bad with names of movies I've only seen once.
I forgive you!! :)
Your trip reports are always so quick! Get busy for a day and so much has happened!
YEP. As I'm sure you know, writing them is so time consuming - ditto to responding to comments (which I always want to do because if someone takes the time to read my rambling and leave me a comment, I want to comment back!). So I start them and then after a few days I just want them done! :)
Yay for your husband and his exams!
Woohoooo!!!
Glad you had a busy day at Disneyland and got a lot done at the park! Race only trips do make it hard to have a lot of park time!
They really do - this really whet my appetite for a non-race trip or two!
Steakhouse 55 is awesome! We love having that as our post 10K, pre-half dinner! (We find the chef's counter at Napa Rose to be amazing post half but we like food probably more than most people).
Yes it is, definitely my favorite DLR restaurant! I just love it. I may need to try the Chefs Counter some day but I'm not sure if I'm an adventurous-enough eater. :scratchin
We've gotten those types of tags before when we've been at 49.8 pounds! Not shocked you got it for 49.2 points!
HAHAHA...I mean, fair enough, I guess. Wouldn't want a baggage handler to throw out their back or something!
Yay for finding a source of some of your back issues!
Seriously, I am SO happy about this. I wish I'd figured this out months ago!
Disney Trips without races are fun in their own right but it takes a bit more for you to travel there and I do so I get why you have fewer!
I really, really do. It might actually seem like a *real* vacation without a race! :eek:
Yay for getting your pink CoC! Enjoy that bling!
Thank you - I have been and will continue to enjoy it!! :teeth:
Ok the apple granola pancakes amazing!!! I love your trip reports!!
RIGHT?? So good!! Thanks for reading! :yay:

Thank you!...and YAY!! If my calculations are correct that means you are getting a C2C medal next year! :banana: So exciting!!
Yes!! I'm super excited, but unfortunately, it won't be the pretty pink one!
YES!! I'm a little worried about finding good tops to go with those, I guess I need to invest in some solid-colored running tops!
Yeah, at this point my plan is to pair it with a plain black tank I have- unless I see a cute combo online somewhere!

Yes!! I'm super excited, but unfortunately, it won't be the pretty pink one!
But STILL!! Such an awesome medal, you'll love it!
Yeah, at this point my plan is to pair it with a plain black tank I have- unless I see a cute combo online somewhere!
Yeah... :scratchin I'm thinking the Bandit camisole and Lace racer back may work but otherwise I'm not sure!

Great TR as always!

You really got a ton done that last day! It seems the submarines get mixed reviews you either love it or hate it. I'd like to try it at least once. Great medal photos at the train station! You are good at keeping your bags under 50 but oh so close ;)

Sounds like nice trip overall with of course a "little" hiccup in the 5K.

Another sensational trip report!! Thank you for taking the time to document your experience :)
So, glad to hear you have solved the bad back issues and the Mr. Ariel passed his exams. Congrats!!

I can see myself sitting on a bench behind your Mile Marker 3 photo :) Tiny blurry grey AuntieBeanie! I'm gonna see if I can spot you in any of my race videos I took

Great TR as always!
Thanks! :yay:
You really got a ton done that last day! It seems the submarines get mixed reviews you either love it or hate it. I'd like to try it at least once. Great medal photos at the train station! You are good at keeping your bags under 50 but oh so close ;)
Yeah, at the time it somehow felt like I wasn't getting much done but looking back I did get a lot of rides in! Good job, touring plan!

I HATE HATE HATED the subs. Glad I did them once but that is enough for me!

I don't know what my issue is with packing...I couldn't believe Big Purple had gained all of that weight! :eek:
Sounds like nice trip overall with of course a "little" hiccup in the 5K.
It was totally a great trip! :)
Another sensational trip report!! Thank you for taking the time to document your experience :)
Thanks, thanks for reading!!
So, glad to hear you have solved the bad back issues and the Mr. Ariel passed his exams. Congrats!!
Yes!! It has been a good couple of weeks in the Ariel484 household! :thumbsup2
I can see myself sitting on a bench behind your Mile Marker 3 photo :) Tiny blurry grey AuntieBeanie! I'm gonna see if I can spot you in any of my race videos I took
That's awesome!! I always look for myself in backgrounds of pictures and never see myself, but there you are! :yay: I'll have to watch your videos later and see if I make an appearance! :)

Loved your trip report - as usual! I got so far behind, but selfishly, enjoyed reading the whole thing practically start to finish!

First of all, you need to host a "awesome photo while running" workshop! You got some awesome shots over this weekend!

And you really packed in so much park time too!

Amazing job with the race! I am so happy
For you that you felt strong and pain free - that's huge!

Can't wait for the next trip report!

Oh, and happy fairy Friday! :tinker:

Loved your trip report - as usual! I got so far behind, but selfishly, enjoyed reading the whole thing practically start to finish!
Thanks!! :yay: I love reading trip reports when they're totally done. :)
First of all, you need to host a "awesome photo while running" workshop! You got some awesome shots over this weekend!
:rotfl2: Thanks! PhotoPass/Disney Magic must make me look a little better in photos!
And you really packed in so much park time too!
Yes, I was so happy about that! Pretty good for a race weekend for me.
Amazing job with the race! I am so happy
For you that you felt strong and pain free - that's huge!
Me too!! It was so great to finally have a race where I felt like that! I missed it.
Can't wait for the next trip report!
:yay:
Oh, and happy fairy Friday! :tinker:
Happy :tinker: Fairy Friday :tinker: to you too!!

@Ariel484, I had to pop back to your trip report...I finally made it out to The Factory Store at Harveys in Santa Ana - it's a much better space than the small store front they had previously.

I've been twice in the last two weeks, I had to go to the Lilo & Stitch release last weekend. :rotfl: I'm really banned until way after the D23 Expo now (since I already bought the Expo bags). Ha!

@Ariel484, I had to pop back to your trip report...I finally made it out to The Factory Store at Harveys in Santa Ana - it's a much better space than the small store front they had previously.

I've been twice in the last two weeks, I had to go to the Lilo & Stitch release last weekend. :rotfl: I'm really banned until way after the D23 Expo now (since I already bought the Expo bags). Ha!
AHH I'm so jealous that you could go! What did you get?

I ordered the black mini streamline and the matching wallet this morning. About 30 minutes later I found myself kind of wanting the Stitch tote and Scrump wallet (which sold out in, like, a minute)...I signed up to be notified when they re-stock but I'm not holding my breath!

I was personal shopping for a friend, so it sounds like a got a lot...but we basically split it: she got the Lilo Foldover, the Classic Wallet and the pins. I was iffy on the Stitch tote, but it's adorable in person...I got Stitch, the Scrump Wallet, the Park Hopper and the Mini in the black print.

And I can not buy another bag until like sometime in 2019. But it was worth it!

I was personal shopping for a friend, so it sounds like a got a lot...but we basically split it: she got the Lilo Foldover, the Classic Wallet and the pins. I was iffy on the Stitch tote, but it's adorable in person...I got Stitch, the Scrump Wallet, the Park Hopper and the Mini in the black print.

And I can not buy another bag until like sometime in 2019. But it was worth it!
Awesome haul! I originally wanted the park hopper but I think the mini streamline will be better for my gimpy back. The park hopper gets heavy for me sometimes!

Should have gone for Stitch and Scrump...hope I can find them! And yeah between this and D23 I either need to go to purse jail or sell some stuff!

@lurkergirl UPDATE that I know you were waiting on the edge of your seat for (sarcasm): Scrump has been found! Someone is selling theirs to me for retail + shipping and PayPal fees. AKA I'm not getting gouged on it! :teeth: Just need to continue to stalk Harveys and Zappos for the Stitch tote, and SERIOUSLY need to sell some bags!

Remind me again which D23 bags you're getting? I am getting the backpack, Epcot coin purse and the SHAG Pirates tote! Seriously, gotta start selling some!! :eek: And probably institute a ban like you are doing!

@Ariel484 YAY! for finding Scrump at a reasonable price! Fingers crossed that you find Stitch just as easily. I dropped Harveys a quick email yesterday afternoon to tell the how much fun I had at the release...and to give them a happy email after the morning stress. The email I got back made me almost cry - they had a tough day yesterday.

Our D23 shopping lists are almost identical: I'm getting the SHAG Pirates tote, the patch Streamline tote and the EPCOT coin purse. :rotfl:

@Ariel484 YAY! for finding Scrump at a reasonable price! Fingers crossed that you find Stitch just as easily. I dropped Harveys a quick email yesterday afternoon to tell the how much fun I had at the release...and to give them a happy email after the morning stress. The email I got back made me almost cry - they had a tough day yesterday.
Well I'm now on the hunt for *2* Stitch bags! My BFF wants one as well so now I'm on the lookout for both of us!

I sent them an email too, on Monday - I couldn't believe some of the comments they were getting on their Facebook page! People are so awful, and just over purses!! So I basically just said, "hey, thanks for a fun and creative collection! I'm excited to receive my bag and wallet and will be on the lookout for pieces I wasn't able to get this morning!" The reply I got sounds a lot like the one you got - I feel bad for them. I think a lot of people were caught off-guard by how popular it was, which - it's a popular movie, Stitch is a popular character, and it's a great alternative for Disney fans who aren't super into princesses...and the whole collection was really well-done, so maybe it shouldn't have been such a surprise that it was so popular?
Our D23 shopping lists are almost identical: I'm getting the SHAG Pirates tote, the patch Streamline tote and the EPCOT coin purse. :rotfl:
I think we have similarly good taste!! ;) I originally was on someone's list for the medium streamline as well but decided to be a little more responsible and pass my spot on to someone else - I probably don't *need* both the streamline and the backpack!! Probably... :scratchin

@Ariel484 I like that probably logic. :rotfl: It's more responsible than my "Oh, I need the both the Mini Streamline Tote AND the Park Hopper in the Stitch pattern, because it's so cute and subtle..." Luckily for all of us, my impulsive irrational desire for the the coin purse and Hip Pack died quickly with the sell-out. Because it's so cute!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Stitch Tote, especially on Zappos, for you. An extra set of eyes can't hurt!

And great googly moogly, no one deserves that level of abuse over missing out on something. Yes, it's not fair and it's annoying, but...people, come on!

@Ariel484 I like that probably logic. :rotfl: It's more responsible than my "Oh, I need the both the Mini Streamline Tote AND the Park Hopper in the Stitch pattern, because it's so cute and subtle..." Luckily for all of us, my impulsive irrational desire for the the coin purse and Hip Pack died quickly with the sell-out. Because it's so cute!
If I could find the park hopper at retail, it would be hard to pass it up! I did ultimately end up passing on the Scrump wallet - I don't *need* it.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Stitch Tote, especially on Zappos, for you. An extra set of eyes can't hurt!
Thank yooouuu!! I have the Zappos app and check it a few times a day - hopefully it'll pop up next week!
And great googly moogly, no one deserves that level of abuse over missing out on something. Yes, it's not fair and it's annoying, but...people, come on!
Ugh, I know! I think people forget that there are REAL PEOPLE there working at Harveys and that the bags are handmade, not cranked out in factories like Dooneys. It's just been ridiculous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!