A Plan to save VMK

Ryanisawesome

Earning My Ears
Here we are a year later ex-VMKers. I know you may have seen many failed petitions and protests to save VMK. But i have thought of a plan that may get VMK back up and running.

The reason why many people that have tried to recreate VMK have failed is because Disney owns the Rights to VMK. So my idea is that someone buy the rights or that someone raise money to buy the rights.

I myself lack the funds and the skill to devise and carry out a specific plan, but there are many of you who may know how to do so. Please share your ideas.

The Company has stated publicly that it does not give out rights or licenses to its proprietary software and intellectual property. Besides, VMK was a promotion tied to the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland and will not be returning.

Sosai is quite right. The only way they sell the right to that is, that you pay a huge amount of money in cash. But unfortunately nobody here on the board (most likely) will have that kind of money around.

The Company has stated publicly that it does not give out rights or licenses to its proprietary software and intellectual property. Besides, VMK was a promotion tied to the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland and will not be returning.

OT: It wasn't tied to the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. They never promoted it as a promotion for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. That was just an excuse to close it.

I do believe that this will just be another wasted attempt to bring back VMK. I bet they do create a game that is similar to VMK in the future, however.

OT: It wasn't tied to the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. They never promoted it as a promotion for the Happiest Celebration on Earth...
...I bet they do create a game that is similar to VMK in the future, however.
As far as I remember it was tied to Disneyland's 50th at the very beginning. I started playing the open beta in mid June 2005 and remember it going live on Disneyland's 50th birthday July 17.

Disney has already created 2 games that are graphically very similar to VMK. However being that one is only Japanese and the other only Chinese I can't say much about any other aspect of the games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!