A Polynesian Birthday: March 6th - 12th! *Updated and completed 6/10*

This time I got a Mickey ice cream sandwich which was also really good. I enjoyed that it had cookies and cream ice cream in it.
41244444512_d1a6458636_z.jpg

My 5yo daughter is obsessed with these. She's taking bets on how many she can eat on our upcoming trip. If only veggies came in cookies and cream flavor.

a little boy noticed my button and told me happy birthday and then said, "by the way, he's single" referring to his older brother. The older brother was mortified, and it was very amusing.

hahaha that's hysterical.

Inspired by @MeghanEmily I decided to make a fun list of things to do at Disney to keep it fresh:

I love this list idea.

Try the Magic Cookie Bar at Wilderness Lodge

I want to try one of these sooo bad. I want to eat at Geyser Point on our trip and then go get the cookie bar. But if we don't make it over there, I've read that POR has them too. We're staying at POFQ so that's definitely doable. It's happening.

Tangled lantern PP shot

I really want my daughter to get these pictures taken. I love how them come out. The line was too long in November, maybe June will be better.

Star Wars virtual reality

I can't wait to hear how you like this. It's on our list of possibilities for November.

I think I definitely want to come to the park and really experience it at nighttime. Riding Everest at night is the best, and I haven't gotten to do that since 2008.

I really like AK at night. Everest is so fun at night. Pandora is breathtaking. And the tree of life at night is beautiful. I hope you get make it there.

Trattoria Al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast ADR @ 9:00

We really enjoyed this breakfast. The character interaction was great. I like how they are introduced. We enjoyed filling out the trip journal as a family. It was one of our best ADRs last trip.

Evening - Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix dance party

I haven't heard much about this. We'll be there when they have it so I'd like to check it out.

I would take a Lapu Lapu over swimming in the pool any day lol!

You did have a great location, love this resort!

I have 6! I have to show major self control from buying more, they make sooo many adorable ones!

Sounds like a nice afternoon at Epcot!

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the dole whip!

Spending the evening exploring the other resorts sounds fun!

Nice morning at AK! Love the pics of the lemurs!

That patio really worked out for you guys! And yay for an appearance from the porg!

Yay for being almost 2 weeks away from your trip! :cool1:

They really keep coming out with ears that are cuter and cuter! I feel like I'll definitely end up bringing home a new pair after my next trip!

I feel like I need to give Dole Whip a second try. I didn't like Chipotle the first time I tried it either, and now it's one of my favorite restaurants :rotfl:

Exploring resorts is one of my favorite things to do.

The lemurs were so precious - I loved being able to see them get fed.

For not wanting a patio it really did work out well for us. Mr. Porg should probably make more appearances in June!

I knowwwww it's getting so close, and I'm getting so excited! I keep texting my dad countdowns.

My oldest puts it ONLY behind GF, and only by a smidge. That's how much they loved it. We've actually just decided to go down a day earlier, so now we'll arrive (doing that first night at PoP though) on the 19th. Yay!!

Heck yes to another Disney day! That can't be beat.

I think I'd rate Port Orleans as a whole just a smidge below AKL... I can't choose between Riverside and French Quarter!

My 5yo daughter is obsessed with these. She's taking bets on how many she can eat on our upcoming trip. If only veggies came in cookies and cream flavor.

She has excellent taste! Who needs veggies at Disney World? popcorn::

hahaha that's hysterical.

It definitely entertained me! Too bad his brother was waaaaay too young for me haha

I love this list idea.

It's been fun to think up things to add to it! Currently contemplating doing the 4 park/1 day challenge.

I want to try one of these sooo bad. I want to eat at Geyser Point on our trip and then go get the cookie bar. But if we don't make it over there, I've read that POR has them too. We're staying at POFQ so that's definitely doable. It's happening.

I didn't know they were available at POR! We stayed at POFQ in November AND visited Geyser Point so I really dropped the ball on that one.

You'll love Geyser Point! Beautiful location and delicious food/drinks!

I really want my daughter to get these pictures taken. I love how them come out. The line was too long in November, maybe June will be better.

They really do come out great. Maybe the line moves fast?

I can't wait to hear how you like this. It's on our list of possibilities for November.

I'll definitely post my experience if I end up doing it!

I really like AK at night. Everest is so fun at night. Pandora is breathtaking. And the tree of life at night is beautiful. I hope you get make it there.

Me too, DAK at night is magical! I guess I did see Pandora at night last time but we really didn't stay long after the sun set or experience any attractions so it's definitely time!

We really enjoyed this breakfast. The character interaction was great. I like how they are introduced. We enjoyed filling out the trip journal as a family. It was one of our best ADRs last trip.

Glad to hear it, it seems like people only have positive things to say about the meal.

Filling out a trip journal together sounds like such a cute idea, and a wonderful thing to have to remember your trip!

I haven't heard much about this. We'll be there when they have it so I'd like to check it out.

My friend says Disneyland has something similar and it was fun and you can meet big Groot after! Hopefully that's what it's like here.

I would take a Lapu Lapu over swimming in the pool any day lol!

You did have a great location, love this resort!

Great minds think alike :hyper:

In hindsight I feel like I love the resort even more than I realized then. Maybe one day I'll get to go back!

Day 6 - Sunday, March 11th - Magic Kingdom

When the storm clouds started rolling in we went to the boat docks to catch a ride to the Magic Kingdom. Seems a little crazy, but I really had my heart set on watching Happily Ever After so I was hoping the clouds wouldn’t amount to much.
41443570674_722357a6f1_z.jpg

Boats are my favorite way to travel!
41443570244_8fc99878ce_z.jpg

41443569274_8a5c5e96b4_z.jpg

I don’t mind the bungalows, but why are they painted such an atrocious color? They almost look incomplete. I’d at least paint them the same dark brown as the other Polynesian buildings.
41443567894_3b883a4d2a_z.jpg

I was really excitied about this photo because I got the ferry and a monorail in it!
41443567254_52bd5c7b9e_z.jpg

I was also excited about this shot, though it’s not as clear as I’d like. What can ya do with a little point and shoot though?
41443566614_b4959d9280_z.jpg

41443566054_b850568eff_z.jpg

Which do you prefer: storm clouds of fluffy white clouds and blue skies behind the castle? There’s definitely something to be said for the storm clouds.
40357486240_0734bcefc4_z.jpg

40357484520_7941a123de_z.jpg

It was time for a snack and I noticed Sleepy Hollow and decided it was now or never! I ordered the Nutella fruit waffle, though I’m not a huge fan of fruit or Nutella. But WOW this lives up to all the hype. The waffles were perfect, and the Nutella and fruit were a fabulous flavor contrast. I will absolutely be repeating this snack in the future. Dad ordered the pretzel hot dog and gave it similar high praise.
27414755088_dbff18dce9_z.jpg

While we ate a very tame duck came up and investigated. The poor guy looked like he’d seen better days. You can kind of see how terrible his wings look – I’m pretty confident he could no longer fly. But I guess if you’ve gotta be a lame duck there’s no better place than Disney World. (like my dad joke?)
40573722804_9d2987abb0_z.jpg

While we were still at the Poly I had made a same day FP for Splash Mountain, so that was our destination!
41443562664_5c1ec0ee69_z.jpg

41443561484_5027c91efb_z.jpg

No 95 minute lines for me, thanks!
41443559634_29cdfe128c_z.jpg

The girls in the front tried to get us to switch with them. That did not happen.
26415365687_1ef03bba6f_z.jpg

I must have booked another same day FP for Haunted Mansion because we headed there next.
41443557814_f1128e1ee0_z.jpg

41443556604_58f3c24411_z.jpg

After having a ghost follow us home I noticed the Tangled lantern PP location and I was thrilled to see that the photographer was just sitting around doing nothing so I decided to get a picture. Joke’s on me, though, because they were actually sitting around waiting for it to get darker and there was actually a long line of people waiting – I just hadn’t noticed because they were leaning on the fence. Needless to say, I did not get a Tangled lantern shot. I actually think the pictures might come out a bit nicer if it wasn’t SO dark, but I’m no professional.
41443552914_9e093621cf_z.jpg

41443551194_c4ecfe1aa0_z.jpg

At this point I was thinking maybe we should scope out our fireworks spot since that was the whole reason for our visit to the park.
41443549494_2d6ec8b5c0_z.jpg

41443547284_e74c6c558b_z.jpg

We found pretty decent spots in the Plaza Garden area where we knew people couldn’t stand in front of us because of the taped walkway, and I was content. But close to showtime a CM came to that section and asked if it was anyone’s birthday. I was truthful and said my birthday was two days ago and she told us to come with her! She led us to the roped off section behind the fountains where no one was standing! It was such a magical thing to happen and the view was definitely better; plus we weren’t jammed in there like sardines. I didn’t catch her name, but I wish I had!
41443545394_7baeae136d_z.jpg

You know what's next - lots and lots of photos of pretty, sparkly fireworks!
Next post: Day 6 - Sunday, March 11th - Magic Kingdom, part 2

Last edited:

Old Pictures!

I stumbled across some old pictures that I had scanned into my computer. I want to prolong the Disney fun a bit longer and I only have about 2 more updates before this TR is over, so I hope you all don't mind me sharing these throwbacks!

First up is Cinderella Castle on my very first trip! Yes, it was half pink as it transitioned to the cakestle. I was in third grade, so I really don't remember this but I imagine it must have been kind of underwhelming.
42522627392_daca7df67b_z.jpg

Meeting Goofy with my brother. Don't you like my fanny pack? I carried that Figaro plush everywhere once we purchased it. And we'd actually had to visit quite a few gift shops before we found it - I had seen it early and parents made me wait. Jokes on them! This meet is kind of cool because if I recall correctly it's in the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea queue
42522627302_5b39fdc70d_z.jpg

I think this is also in that queue.
42522627242_a7681249ea_z.jpg

More 20,000 Leagues. What an assortment of characters!
42522626942_59dbc808dd_z.jpg

A visit to the Wilderness Lodge!
42522627192_97243d6f55_z.jpg

This was my expression when we arrived at Disney World. Pretty much the face I still make.
42522620262_f879892efe_z.jpg

Man, look at those braces! This picture confuses me... pretty sure that's the Mexico pavilion behind me on the left side of the picture, and then across the lake you can see Italy. So, why are there flamingos in Epcot? Was that a thing?
42522620672_30f5ab95a9_z.jpg

This one is from my first visit to Disneyland. It was probably the summer before 1st grade, so my brother was preschool! Remember when the Court of Angels was open to the public? Now it's part of Club 33, so I guess I've technically been to Club 33?
42522625572_bd8b6f9ba4_z.jpg

I think this one is really cool because if you look closely you can see the old parking lot, and the old Disneyland sign. It's crazy how little separation from the outside world there was!
42522625492_e8e4f81467_z.jpg

Buying all the Disney things, even back then! I actually still have that Minnie plush!
42522621742_79a6e9d758_z.jpg

Well, that's all I've got for our trip down memory lane! Hopefully it was a fun little detour!

Those snacks from Sleepy Hollow sound delicious!

What great Disney magic! So glad you got a bit of pixie dust for Happily Ever After.

You got some great pics from the boat!

How lucky to get a same day FP for Splash AND HM!

Love those pics of the Tangled bathrooms as the sun went down. Always the best time of day for pics!

So nice of that CM to upgrade your fireworks spot!

Yay I love seeing old Disney photos!

Hi there...I'm still here...

There were flamingos at EPCOT. I think they left when Animal Kingdom opened, but I'm not positive about that. I do remember seeing them at EPCOT quite a bit growing up.

Loving your report!

Those snacks from Sleepy Hollow sound delicious!

What great Disney magic! So glad you got a bit of pixie dust for Happily Ever After.

Sleepy Hollow is really deserving of all the praise.

It was such a nice pixie dust moment to get that special viewing for HEA.

You got some great pics from the boat!

How lucky to get a same day FP for Splash AND HM!

Love those pics of the Tangled bathrooms as the sun went down. Always the best time of day for pics!

So nice of that CM to upgrade your fireworks spot!

Yay I love seeing old Disney photos!

Thank you!

I'm a huge fan of FP+, I've had good luck with it... hope it doesn't change.

The fireworks upgrade was probably one of my favorite parts of the vacation - it was really nice not to be jammed in with other people.

I do too! It's so fun to see what the park looked like in the past.

Hi there...I'm still here...

There were flamingos at EPCOT. I think they left when Animal Kingdom opened, but I'm not positive about that. I do remember seeing them at EPCOT quite a bit growing up.

Loving your report!

Hi! Glad you're still following along!

Wow, I had no idea that Epcot had flamingos. This is why old pictures are so fun!

Thanks so much!

Day 6 - Sunday, March 11th - Magic Kingdom, part 2

Shortly after being pixie dusted with better spots the show began and I loved it every bit as much as I had the first time! You know what this means? LOTS of pictures of fireworks and very little dialogue!
41263578435_d0df5ccdb7_z.jpg

41443544274_8c34c1f17e_z.jpg

41443543164_d3c8b5d7a4_z.jpg

41443541584_c762d30f76_z.jpg

My least favorite part, with some of the prettiest fireworks.
41263623365_09c6007873_z.jpg

41263622125_47fa2739b8_z.jpg

A perfect Maui fish hook!
41263620765_879fbd319d_z.jpg

41263618385_f828487b6a_z.jpg

41443726994_b06453d209_z.jpg

41443725804_f8f01fe135_z.jpg

41443724314_77f5d41d4f_z.jpg

41263606765_60f745c4d8_z.jpg

41263604585_7308c82b4d_z.jpg

Lion King!
41263602055_51e0aaca70_z.jpg

41263598435_1b3b8d1919_z.jpg

Remember who you are.
41263596585_f400f59ec3_z.jpg

The finale is one of my favorite parts.
41263580975_8c87036fde_z.jpg

41263594635_2d909df4ed_z.jpg

41263579605_fcf91569ab_z.jpg

I had snagged one more same day FP, so once the crowds cleared out a bit we made our way to Fantasyland.
41263588645_b15d13202e_z.jpg

41287478111_cebd5df9fe_z.jpg

Same day FP pro!
41263586965_e815d372a9_z.jpg

Last train, in the dark is the best way to ride Mine Train! Wow, that flash does my pale skin no favors.
40390701505_822f3536bb_z.jpg

27414679668_9a7bbaa114_z.jpg

I had some corn dog nuggets at Casey’s Corner after Mine Train. They’re really not that great, I’ve got to stop getting them! Plus, Casey’s Corner kept giving me regular Coke when I ordered Diet.
41263585805_e07a2b400b_z.jpg

It was a perfect last evening in the Magic Kingdom and while it was sad to leave I felt very content.

Tomorrow is departure day! :sad:
Next post: Day 7 - Monday, March 12th - Departure

Last edited:
Nice pictures, as usual...

- Going back a bit, I hope you haven't gotten any hate mail from the Dole Whip devotees. Your comments might be considered blasphemy...lol. I'm not sure of the love of Dole Whip myself. I've had it once or twice and can take it or leave it. I'd much rather have a good soft ice cream cone.
- The thing I found intriguing about your Splash picture is what that green thing is the guy in the last row has on his right hand. Maybe he's covering up a cast or something?
- Your nighttime fireworks pics are really good. Also love that picture of the fountain and castle.
- An empty row of seats on 7DMT? How'd that happen? They usually run that full...

The fireworks photos came out amazing! You really had such an awesome spot!

Yay for same day FP f or Mine Train! Glad you could end the day with it :)

Love your pictures, how nice to get a prime spot! The Moana is my favorite part of HEA!

You are a SDFP pro!

I agree about the corn dog nuggets, the last time I got some mine were awful! Like gray in the center, yuck:scared::crazy2:

Nice pictures, as usual...

Thanks so much!

- Going back a bit, I hope you haven't gotten any hate mail from the Dole Whip devotees. Your comments might be considered blasphemy...lol. I'm not sure of the love of Dole Whip myself. I've had it once or twice and can take it or leave it. I'd much rather have a good soft ice cream cone.

So far no hate mail... but my real life friend was very disappointed in me. I'd rather have Ample Hills ice cream any day of the week, but maybe I should give the Dole Whip another chance? Maybe a Dole Whip float?

- The thing I found intriguing about your Splash picture is what that green thing is the guy in the last row has on his right hand. Maybe he's covering up a cast or something?

I went to the source and zoomed in because you made me curious, and it's actually a green baseball cap!

- Your nighttime fireworks pics are really good. Also love that picture of the fountain and castle.

Thank you! My lil point and shoot does surprisingly well with fireworks

- An empty row of seats on 7DMT? How'd that happen? They usually run that full...

No idea! That is pretty strange. Maybe a guest got confused and so as not to slow down the loading procedure it was sent empty?

The fireworks photos came out amazing! You really had such an awesome spot!

Yay for same day FP f or Mine Train! Glad you could end the day with it :)

Thank you! Yeah, the spot was so ideal. I was a happy camper with that pixie dust!

Same day FPs are my favorite challenge - I love trying to get the most elusive ones!

Love your fireworks photos

Thanks so much!

I hate to repeat what others have said, but really amazing fireworks pictures! :thumbsup2

I don't tire of hearing it! Thank you so much!

:cool2:

Love your pictures, how nice to get a prime spot! The Moana is my favorite part of HEA!

You are a SDFP pro!

I agree about the corn dog nuggets, the last time I got some mine were awful! Like gray in the center, yuck:scared::crazy2:

It really was such a nice, unexpected surprise. Too bad every viewing can't be like that! The Moana section is probably my very close second favorite to The Lion King. Moana is so great!

The same day FP is my favorite challenge!

Eww that sounds awful! And people always talk about how great the cheese sauce is and it's really pretty meh. Plus Casey's is always such a madhouse.

Well, here it is, the final update! But it isn't too sad because I'm returning to Disney World in just 11 days! If you want to follow along in real time I'll be posting on Instagram and my username is karaconstructsamess. If that's not your thing I'm planning on doing a TR when I return and I'll post a link here!

Day 7 - Monday, March 12 - Departure

We woke up to a dreary, rainy day and finished our packing. We had a little visitor while we gathered our belongings. I opened the sliding door and he stood there for a long time watching us. I really thought he was going to come in and make himself at home!
40390791775_9073fcb51d_z.jpg

Even the rain can’t ruin this view.
39477823650_c738b78456_z.jpg

With our belongings all packed up we said a sad farewell to our room and ran through the rain to the Grand Ceremonial House. There was still time for one last meal at Capt. Cooks.
26415442227_8ec0687f69_z.jpg

I ordered some Mickey waffles – can’t leave Disney World without having had Mickey waffles! Don’t they look delicious? Unfortunately, the insides of one of them weren’t cooked all the way – it was still batter! I brought it back and it seemed like some other people were having issues with that too. They quickly gave me a replacement and this time they were cooked properly. I was a little disappointed that Capt Cooks only had margarine, and not real butter. I don’t like to eat margarine if I can help it.
27414763058_2fa352998f_z.jpg

I killed some time searching through the gift shops. I really wanted to find some Mickey rice krispy treats to take home, but they didn’t have the ones I always get. Much too soon it was time to meet at the Magical Express stop. Goodbye Polynesian, you were fabulous!
41244366462_31f0f7ba31_z.jpg

27414755278_67b736739f_z.jpg

40390799435_0b0c878ebb_z.jpg

39477824770_46dd7b5712_z.jpg

Our bus boarded on time and then we were back at the airport seeing this tragic sign.
39477812960_ef84deebab_z.jpg

I was able to find the Mickey rice krispy treats I wanted at the Earport, so it wasn’t a total loss!

And thus ends another Disney vacation! This one was MUCH slower paced than our last vacation and I loved that. My favorite part of the vacation was probably Disney After Hours and our relaxing day at the Polynesian pool. My favorite treat was the nutella fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow!

THE END.

It's always sad when a report ends as it is a great way to extend the vacation. It helps though that you are going again so soon!

That DME ride from the airport is a great way to start a trip, the DME ride back is very depressing. Sometimes you can hear a pin drop.

Glad you had a good trip... I arrived just a few days after you left.

Enjoy the next. Not a Disney trip, but I think we'll be in Florida at the same time. In 11 days I'll be on a cruise from NJ and stop at Port Canaveral on the 24th. We thought about going to Disney for a few hours, but I think we're going to rent a car and head up to Kennedy Space Center for the day. Have a great trip!...followed on IG.

Departure day is always so sad :( At least you had time for one final breakfast!

Following you on IG! Only a few more days to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!