A 'Poser??

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
Do you think that all the Deep discounts for later half of 2001 are due to the Olympics Starting this Fall?? Is Disney having to compete for Vacation Dollars??:earseek:

I believe that you are mistaken. The Olympics in Salt Lake City do not start until February of 2002. Not Fall of 2001.

If you spend your vacation $$$ in the fall of 2001 at WDW ,Will you have Money to vacation at The Olympics in Salt Lake City in Feb 2002??

I see what you mean. I guess I misread your original post. I thought you wrote something about the Olympics starting in the Fall.

Yes you would still have money for Salt Lake City because you would have booked the hotels, airfare and venue tickets many months ago and would be planning for it. Going to an Olympiad is not a spur of the moment vacation.

IMHO, Disney competes for vacation dollars every day of every year so there's nothing new there. I believe the 2001 discounts are more the result of the softening economy and declining stock market making people cut back on their vacations as they watch their investments shrink. Disney is not the only ones seeing declines in visitors. Tourism in all the big spots like Las Vegas, Hawaii, Acapulco, etc is down, too. Quite honestly I think the last thing that would affect WDW this year is the Winter Olympics.

For most people going to Disney is not a spur of the moment trip either. Lots of people save for several years to be able to go. So I would say yes- that could be a true competition for $. If you know you can only make one big trip, you would have to decide which one.

Amy

The Olympics in Salt Lake City are expensive!!:eek:[ Ticket Figure Skating:$4,000 Ladies' Free Program, Speed Skating: Ladies' 5000 m: Final (A)$1085
or a package
Feb. 22 to Feb. 25 $9,121
Fri. Feb 22 Check-In
Sun. Feb 22 M & W Figure Skating (D) 6:45pm - 9:15pm Salt Lake Ice Center
Sat. Feb 23 M Slalom (B) 10:00am - 2:00pm Deer Valley Resort
Sat. Feb 23 M Bobsleigh (B) 3:30pm - 6:30pm Utah Olympic Park
Sun. Feb 24 Closing Ceremony (A) 6:00pm - 9:00pm Rice-Eccles Olympics Stadium
Mon. Feb 25 Check-Out ]

Especially if you are attending an Event or several Events plus hotel and food.

If you thought WDW was spendy,The Olympics would pay for 2 to 3 trips to WDW!!

Deeper discounts are probably an effort to boost Disney's financial situation, which has not been too great lately. I can't understnd how the heck they aren't making money, charging as much as they do for everything!

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter