A Post-Thanksgiving 2019 Mother/Daughter WDW TR * Completed 6/16 - New TR Link 7/23

We got in line for our safari FP around 10AM, and the standby was only 40 minutes which isn’t so bad. We were on in about 10 minutes when they called us up after asking for a party of two!

The hippos were sunbathing, I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen them out of the water before!

Someone told me this baobab tree is fake, can anyone confirm? :scratchin

We love this guy with the big horns, you’d think after so many rides on the safari I would have the decency to remember his species!

Ah, our favorite part is the giraffes of course. I love seeing them out on the huge savanna, so much better than in small zoos. :lovestruc

This guy was pretty close and having a nice snack! It is amazing how large they are up close.

I was hoping to see the baby elephant but no such luck on this safari. The water looked beautiful though!

Not sure what was happening here but we were all oohing and ahhing!

Sorry for the blurry picture, but a cheetah was actually awake this time!

We had a very pleasant safari, definitely one of our top rides in all of WDW. Every ride is different and I always learn something new each time!

I noticed plenty of FP availability at 11AM for Tier 2 rides, it seemed like it was going to be a very quiet day. It was a bit chillier, maybe 50s-60s, but bright and sunny! AK can get so hot so we appreciated the cooler weather. :smooth:

The baby stuffed animals are so cute, one of these days I’m going to cave and buy one.

We even spotted Kevin, our first of multiple sightings!

Next up was our Animation Experience FP, which was relatively new at the time. I think Rafiki’s Planet Watch was under construction on our last trip, so we were happy it was open this time.

Continued in Part Two: Animation Experience, Pandora, and Satu'li Canteen

Last edited:
The tree is Disney magic, it is not real!
The Safari is different every time
We loved the buses at AKL, especially when heading to AK. It was so quick!

They were pretty empty when we had lunch (taking walk-ups!) so I think we lucked out! But our one pizza took almost 20 minutes, so I imagine it would be so slow if you had a family with multiple pizzas. Kinda strange since those wood fire ovens are supposed to finish them off in just minutes! I'd like to go back and try a pizza with white sauce, maybe the one with prosciutto and melon :scratchin
My Hubby and I had pizza but my dad had spaghetti and meatballs. I didn't understand why spaghetti and meatballs took so long. Were they growing the wheat?? I had what I guess was a white sauce. It was the artichoke one with truffle oil, it was really good.

Just read your latest update, you really got some good pics on the safari. I never luck out with great pics, I am always on the wrong side of the jeep. Although I can't wait for my next trip, I now have a MUCH better camera (with a great zoom) so maybe I'll get better ones

My Hubby and I had pizza but my dad had spaghetti and meatballs. I didn't understand why spaghetti and meatballs took so long. Were they growing the wheat?? I had what I guess was a white sauce. It was the artichoke one with truffle oil, it was really good.

Just read your latest update, you really got some good pics on the safari. I never luck out with great pics, I am always on the wrong side of the jeep. Although I can't wait for my next trip, I now have a MUCH better camera (with a great zoom) so maybe I'll get better ones
They must have been hand making the pasta and cutting it and drying it out before cooking it of course :rotfl:

I love taking pictures on the safari, 99% of them are terrible but every once in a while I get a decent picture. On my most recent trip we had a giraffe stop in front of our truck and hold us up, and I was in the front row! Sneak peek to my future TR below :lovestruc I upgraded to the iPhone 11 but not the pro because I figured I wouldn't need the telephoto lens, but now I almost wish I had shelled out the extra money for even better safari phone pics :laughing:

Day Six - Part Two: Animation Experience, Pandora, and Satu’li Canteen

We stopped for a quick picture in front of Everest, another super picturesque spot in AK.

The photopass CM asked if my ears were Loki-themed, I suppose they are! Also I just noticed our outfits are reverse matching, lol.

We hopped aboard the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch, which was luckily pretty empty. I think we had a whole row to ourselves! :cool1:

I think these birdhouses are for purple martins? Does anyone know why they get special houses everywhere?

I think we had FPs for the animation class, but it wasn’t very busy and there is plenty of seating. I don’t think you need to use a FP for it unless it’s a holiday or super hot, in which case the AC would be very welcome!

The CM that leads the class has a document projector that projects onto screens all around the room, so you can see what to draw wherever you are seated.

There were plenty of empty seats during our class.

I wonder if this experience won’t be available for a while, since it would be hard to sterilize the boards and pencils between each use…definitely would a bummer. :sad1:

Can anyone guess which villain we are drawing? :rotfl:

The class is a little under 30 minutes and goes so fast! They tell you not to erase and you won’t have time to unless you want to fall behind. I think it’s tough for kids to keep up with the pace, from what I observed, but it’s still fun as long as they aren’t the type to get frustrated over it!

We had a really fun time and both drew some very nice looking Shere Khans!

If I had more time, I would have loved to do a few of these classes during the trip. This would be a really good solo activity as well! No skills needed because they give you line by line instructions and the drawing paper has some guide marks as well.

After the class, we looked through our plans a bit and decided to cancel our Cystal Palace brunch the next day. We knew we had the dessert party that evening, and we would probably want to take it easy the next morning! I’ll try breakfast lasagna some day!

We walked around AK a bit and ended up in DinoLand, and Dinosaur only had a 25 minute wait. The line looked very short when I peeked inside, and sure enough I was on the ride in 10 minutes!

This ride could totally benefit from a single rider queue. They often call for single riders, but the way the line is organized makes it awkward to raise your hand to try and jump to the front. I loved my ride on the bumpy truck, every time I ride I enjoy it a bit more. Just don’t compare it to Indiana Jones over in Disneyland! :teeth:

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
We skipped meeting Chip and Dale because the line is always so long! Look at how empty the park was though, hardly anyone was there at AK!

It was about 1PM at this point, and the wait time for Flight of Passage was only 65 minutes. What a great day to be at WDW! The safari was only 25 minutes, if we weren’t so far away we would have jumped in line.

Next up was our Pandora FPs, I always try to overlap them so I can ride FoP while my mom rides Na’vi River Journey. She really loves how peaceful NRJ is, I personally think they could have made it a bit more exciting. :confused3

Pandora was as lovely as ever, the floating mountains are really something else.

I love the scenery in the outside queue for FoP, usually I stop to take a few pictures along the way.

While in the FP line, I did some refreshing for our next FPs. Look what showed up!

I refreshed for maybe five minutes and saw lots of FoP/NRJ FPs come up. If you’re a group, I recommend getting FPs in groups of two for more availability and then overlapping the times so you can ride together. :thumbsup2 A lot of people don’t realize you can get more FPs after you use your first three! I picked up a 1:40 safari ride for us, why not!

The videos felt extra long on my ride this day, I think they have a way to loop the video when there are delays. I think I was on the end this time, which definitely isn’t as good of a view. You won’t really notice unless you ride a few times, but being in the center is a significantly better experience!

I love the smell of the glowing forest, and this ride is magnificent every time! The simulated motion is so good, even if the 3D is pretty poor quality. Universal definitely has better quality screens and 3D glasses than Disney :scratchin

From getting in the FP line to getting off the ride was about 30 minutes, even with the short standby line. I met up with my mom and we headed into Satu’li Canteen for a late lunch at 1:45. We love the blueberry dessert and hadn’t had it in a long time, but we decided to branch out and try the peppermint white chocolate mousse for the holidays.

My mom had the kids hot dog meal, while I had the beef salad with green onion sauce on the side. I get this every single time, and the portion has amazingly stayed about the same based on my old pictures (though the price has gone up). They ask if you want the beef cooked well done or medium rare, which is nice. I did only get three boba though, talk about skimpy! :worship:

The restaurant was super empty, check out all of the empty tables!

We enjoyed our food as usual, and thought the dessert was very good and worth a try but we prefer the blueberry mousse. We’ll get it next time!

The cheesecake mousse was very fluffy and light, similar to cheesecake but fluffier. Sharing this was the way to go since it’s very rich.

On our way to the Safari we snagged a picture with Kevin!

We were having such a great time at Animal Kingdom, it feels much less theme park-y so we enjoyed the change of pace. The low crowds were fantastic, going to WDW right after holidays is the best!

Continued in Part Three: More AK and AKL

Last edited:

I’m all caught up! My sister in law also spells Hanna without an H at the end! This report is making me miss Disney A LOT! I must say that the Breakfast Lasagna at Crystal Palace is to die for! We go there every trip And I could eat a whole pan by myself!

I’m all caught up! My sister in law also spells Hanna without an H at the end! This report is making me miss Disney A LOT! I must say that the Breakfast Lasagna at Crystal Palace is to die for! We go there every trip And I could eat a whole pan by myself!

Hooray, thank you for reading! It's the best version of the name :smooth: I am missing Disney as I'm writing this, maybe by the time I finish this TR and my solo TR the parks will finally be back to normal lol! I have never been to Crystal Palace but it's on the top of my list for MK! I can't wait to try the lasagna! :p

Day Six - Part Three: More AK and AKL

Hello all! A bit of a bummer today, my 4th of July trip is officially cancelled as the parks will not be open. I knew I wouldn't be going given the state of things (didn't even book a flight), but it hurts a bit to have no reservations in MDE. I even had a July 4th dessert party, boo hoo maybe next year! :sad:

I did go ahead and book a flight for Marathon Weekend to run the half, since Delta is refunding award flights. I don't have a resort booked and since Disney is no longer allowing future bookings, who knows when I will get that figured out! I am just hoping the race goes on at this point, I have had many races cancelled and it's hard to motivate to run with no goal in sight :sad1:. Maybe I will treat myself to a deluxe since I will be saving so much on cancelled trips! :ssst: I'm not sure if another 2020 trip is in the cards at this point. At least my AP should be extended through March, at the minimum.

Pity party over, and back to the TR!

We took the path from Pandora to Africa, my favorite “shortcut” in AK. We got in the FP line for the safari around 2:30 and the standby line was still only 30 minutes. :eek: I think that’s the shortest I’ve ever experienced! People say there is no “low” time anymore, but that sure felt like it...

We were on in about seven minutes and got front row, hurray!

Our driver, Abby, was very fun to listen to. She had a lot of unique animal facts, like why flamingos stand on one leg, and clearly loved her job! The right side of the truck is definitely the better side, if anyone is wondering.

Still no baby sighting, maybe there weren’t any babies on this trip, I can’t remember! I call all baby animals "Baby ____" which my mom thinks is hilarious since she grew up on a farm. Baby cows! Baby sheep! :rotfl:

A lioness was actually awake this time around and I got a picture to prove it!

After our lovely second safari of the day, we picked up some FPs to meet Mickey and Minnie. We were in line and done in 15 minutes, the fastest we have ever been through that line! :thumbsup2

This year they didn’t have their green holiday sweaters, they were in their safari outfits with just some holiday accent pieces. I preferred this because I love their safari outfits!

This is my favorite M&G because I get to see Minnie AND Mickey! They are always so friendly and don’t rush you at all at this spot, though we are awkward adults and are usually through really quickly anyways.

I wonder how long they will not do M&Gs, I don't think taking small children would be nearly as memorable if you don't get any autographs or memories with them meeting Mickey or a princess for the first time. I'm glad Disney is taking things seriously and hopefully by mid-July things will be ready for a safe re-opening.

I picked up the beautiful AK holiday popcorn bucket, I’m not “collecting” these but I do have a few buckets above my cabinets at home. popcorn::

We planned on going to the Nemo show for the first time at 4PM, but turns out it wasn’t until 4:30! Oops! Another fail on our end. We are really bad at checking schedules! We didn’t feel like hanging around so we did It’s Tough to Be a Bug instead. We love this show so much, the antics never get old.

This show definitely traumatized me as a kid but I still love seeing it, I’ll be sad if they ever decide to close it! I always laugh at the amount of families that leave during this show, and all the crying babies. :rotfl2:

The puppets near the Tree of Life were out again, this time we saw some different ones.

The penguins were so cute, kudos to the artists who created these amazing puppets.

The little penguins were my favorite, the CM had them “chasing” guests around the area!

Continued in next post.

We decided to head out of AK and back to AKL before our MK evening and dessert party. I knew I had an upcoming solo trip just a few months after this trip, so I was okay skipping some of the rides like Everest.

We got some fun pictures in front of the Tree of Life, having photopass pictures made this trip so fun. :teeth:

We took a peek at the MK wait times and eek, that’s where all the people were! It was a non-party night, and MK had closed at 4:30 that week for a CM event, so I knew everyone was going to be there that evening for HEA. I was really glad I had the foresight to book a dessert party! :cool1:

I did see a FP for 7DMT when refreshing, but it was at 5:30 and we were planning on eating dinner at AKL, so I passed on it.

We got a fun picture with the Lion King frame, the CMs always make us do this pose at AK. We just look in pain from the sun lol!

We were in line for the AKL bus at 4:20 and we saw a Coronado bus pull right up, of course! We only waited about 10 minutes for the bus, not bad compared to the night before. I was refreshing for a FP for that evening and saw PPF, Jungle Cruise, BTMR, and Space Mountain. Even though it was busy there were plenty of FPs if you knew how to refresh. :thumbsup2

I think our driver was pretty inexperienced, it took him over five minutes to load one scooter, and he didn’t announce the Kidani/Jambo stops at AKL which always confuses people. Kidani is the first stop when going from the parks to the resort! The buses also stop at Kidani before Jambo when going to the parks, I think.

On the bus I grabbed us 7:10 FPs for PPF! Since the party check-in started at 8 I figured that would be the only ride we would fit in.

We explored a bit outside Jambo House before heading back to our room. There was a lot of construction, I’m not sure if it’s still going on or not.

There are a lot of animal viewing areas, we saw a CM training some birds.

The savanna is lovely as the sun is setting, it looks like some people were on one of the tours you can pay for.

AKL is such a beautiful and large resort, we didn’t see everything during our three night stay.

The theming is gorgeous and doesn’t scream Disney at all. If you’ve never stayed deluxe before, I highly recommend AKL as it’s a lot cheaper than the other deluxes since it’s not right next to a park.

Here’s an example of one of the viewing spots, you could sit and watch the animals all day, no savanna room required!

We headed back to our room to freshen up before a quick dinner at the Mara. I was getting so excited for the dessert party, HEA is my favorite evening show and I was looking forward to not dealing with the crowds. I have no idea when I will see HEA next, I will definitely cry when I see it again.

The battles, the stories, the losses and all the glories

We're changed by the way we live every day
Just look up and reach to the sky

We all have the courage to fly
:tink:

Continued in Part Four: Giraffes From Our Room and HEA Dessert Party

Last edited:
My post notifications got turned off :sad1: Ive got some catching up to do ! I love reading your reports Hanna ! So easy to follow along ! Ugh making me miss Disney ! Now I really wanna stay at AKL !

My post notifications got turned off :sad1: Ive got some catching up to do ! I love reading your reports Hanna ! So easy to follow along ! Ugh making me miss Disney ! Now I really wanna stay at AKL !

No worries at all! I haven't spent enough time on here to really understand how notifications work, usually I end up just checking TRs on a whim for updates and I'll be weeks behind, oops :rolleyes1 I'm glad it is easy to follow along, I love being able to click through long TRs without scrolling! Oh my, I really am a lazy person aren't I :laughing: Somehow it's been six months since this trip, I can't believe it! AKL was so wonderful, Boma breakfast might need to be in our regular rotation now...

What a fun day at AK! Love when it is low crowds! It is unusual nowadays!
Great FP choices for you. It is exciting getting a tier 1 FP, it like playing the lottery, lol!
Ahh your quote at the end brings tears 😭

What a fun day at AK! Love when it is low crowds! It is unusual nowadays!
Great FP choices for you. It is exciting getting a tier 1 FP, it like playing the lottery, lol!
Ahh your quote at the end brings tears 😭

Low crowds are the best, if only it were this way for every trip! I have so much fun looking for FPs, I'll be sad if they don't use FPs again for a long time. How else would I pass time in the queue besides looking for the next FP? 😂 I couldn't watch the stream of HEA that Disney posted, I knew I would cry too much!

Hello all! Before I post my updates for tonight, I just wanted to say that I hope everyone is feeling safe right now. It has been a tough week here in Minneapolis, there have been a lot of injustices happening for a long time and our community has had enough. There is so much work to be done, but I am proud of how we have come together to fight for what is right. While I'm sure a lot of the chaos and destruction has been on the news, there has also been an incredible amount of compassion and support shown through donations of time, money, and necessities. I'm not sure how much of that has been on the news, but it's amazing to see. I am hoping with all my heart that people are held accountable for everything that has happened. I am listening and learning and doing what I can to be a better ally, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. We are all capable of learning and growth! Black lives matter, period. Thank you for reading, and back to the TR. :lovestruc

Day Six - Part Four: Giraffes From Our Room and HEA Dessert Party

Back in our room, we didn’t notice any animals out, sad! My mom crashed on her bed and I went to close the blinds and let out a scream! (Sorry mom... :rotfl2: ) There were four giraffes outside our room!

My mom rushed over quickly and we quickly rushed outside onto our balcony. Luckily the giraffes are not at all skittish like the deer in our backyard at home are. They walked leisurely around, there didn’t seem to be any food around but I wondered if they had a feeding time coming up.

We watched them for about 20 minutes, we had not expected to see them from our standard room! :banana:

Finally, we decided we’d have to get a move on if we wanted to get to MK to ride Peter Pan before the dessert party. We headed back to the lobby to take the pathway to the Mara for dinner. Here’s a view of Boma from the lobby, you go down the stairs to get to Boma and Jiko, and out the door to the Mara and the main pool.

The Mara has a decent selection, much smaller than at values/moderates but better than some of the other deluxes I think. A few of the menu items are served at Boma as well. Unlike the values/moderates where you go to different stations to order, there was only one CM taking orders and you couldn’t see the food prior to ordering. It took 15 minutes for us to get a burger, so not very “quick” but at least that meant it was fresh!

We shared this huge bacon angus cheeseburger and fries, I think these were our first fries of the trip! A new record for us! We also got some sides of fruit and veggies because that makes it healthy of course. I realized the burger did not come with lettuce and tomato like in the menu picture, oh well we were hungry and didn’t want to ask for any. It was really good, probably the best QS burger I’ve had, although I can’t say my sample size is very big since I don't remember the last QS burger I had. :laughing:

There was a day where I’d refuse to share meals with my mom, but I’m learning to be less selfish and share meals so I can fit in more snacks/treats later. In this case, we wanted to make sure we were hungry enough for dessert in a few hours! :woohoo:

We got in line for the MK bus around 6:50 and there were a lot of people waiting! I looked at wait times on MDE, and HS looked empty. Only 55 minutes for Slinky! Everyone was at MK for HEA and EMH obviously.

The bus arrived in about 10 minutes, hurray! According to my notes, it took seven minutes to load, but the driver was able to squish everyone on! I love the drivers that encourage everyone to move back and fit as many people on, I suppose that won’t be happening anymore though…:hyper:

Forgive my creeper shot, but a lady on the bus had the $200 Coach ears that I would have gotten if they weren't so expensive. :earseek:

We were into MK by 7:35, security was pretty slick! Just look at those crowds though, a full hour and a half before HEA. We were in for a busy night!

The PPF standby line was 60 minutes, the FP line was super long and took close to 15 minutes. A woman in line asked if I had an iPhone charger, of course I responded no. What did she expect if I said yes, to just hand it over? :confused3

We had a lovely flight, I used to not understand the hype behind this ride but I definitely have a soft spot for it now! Only with a FP though. :thumbsup2

I love the song “You Can Fly” and listen to it often, definitely one of my top five Disney songs!

Continued in next post.

We weren’t sure where to go to check in for the dessert party, and ended up asking some CMs near the roped off Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant area near the purple wall. They said we were in the right place and let us in through the rope! The check in was closer to the Terrace entrance right off Main Street when you come in, but this allowed us to avoid going near the hub chaos.

In the above picture, I think this was the seated dessert party? I’m not totally sure though.

In the below picture, these might be the last folks fitting in treats for the before fireworks party. Just my guess!

We checked in around 8:20 for the 9:00 fireworks, and got green paper wristbands. They check them before you enter the garden viewing area.

We were escorted by a friendly CM to the garden closest to Tomorrowland. The hub was very crowded but it wasn’t difficult to get through. They had a photopass CM in the garden and we got a nice shot in front of the castle with no wait! One of my favorite pictures of the trip. :lovestruc

We were seated by 8:25 in the front of the viewing area, there were a lot of people in the garden but there was more than enough room. Here is our fabulous view! :woohoo:

There are some light poles in some views, but we aren’t photographers so it didn’t bother us. If you really wanted the best view you could get there earlier, but we thought 40 minutes was more than enough time for a good spot on a busy but non-holiday night.

We had plenty of room to spread out and sit and relax before the show!

By 8:50 the garden area was filling up but there was still plenty of room. Here’s the area directly behind us, I hear that leaning against the railings in the back is a nice way to see over heads if it’s a bit more crowded.

And finally HEA started at 9! We all stood up exactly when it started, I wish we could have all stayed seated but a few people came up and stood in front of us against the railing, so we had to stand to see over them.

Just look at all the people packed in front of us! People kept trying to stop in the walkway right in front of us but CMs quickly shooed them away. It was so full there really wasn’t even room for single people to squeeze into the crowd and out of the walkway. Typically we don’t stake out spots and just find a spot to squeeze in, but it looks like it would have been tough to do that night. We thought the dessert party was well worth it for a busy night like this! :thumbsup2

It was so incredible to see HEA without any obstructions and no claustrophobia. I’ve never seen the castle so clearly, especially the lower half, and I saw so many projections I’ve never noticed before. I’m not sure I can go back to seeing HEA without doing a dessert party, the view is just so spectacular. :hyper: Tink flew directly above us, she was so close and I almost cried. It was really such a special way to see the show, if you enjoy the projections I highly recommend doing a party, especially for first-timers. This was probably one of my top Disney experiences ever!

Continued in next post.

After the show, we quickly headed out of the garden area and through the crowds back to the Tomorrowland Terrace check in booth. There was a bit of a line, we only waited maybe 5-10 minutes though. They brought us to a table and put a reserved sign on the table for us, we grabbed some sparkling apple juice on our way to the table of course.

Before getting food we hit up the restrooms which are right there, so convenient! There was no line because we went right away, but I noticed lines during the dessert party as more people filtered in, since there are only a few stalls.

There were so many dessert options and multiple buffet lines, which move quite quickly. The CMs keep refilling everything throughout the party, only some of the hot foods ran out but not until well into the party.

For our first round we tried a variety of things, I also got some POG juice and mom had decaf coffee. I think they had teas and milk and other juices available as well.

I didn’t like the bar with the clock chocolate on top, but the push pop was delicious! It tasted like oreo whipped cream. The chocolate strawberries were great and so cute. I love fruit and cheese so I was very happy with the options. My mom had cheesecake mousse in a square cup and thought it was really good!

Everyone hypes up the cheeseburger spring rolls, I thought they were very meh. :confused3 Not very crispy and just unexciting to me. The filling seemed like mostly beef, which was quite dry. They were popular though, I saw a lady walk away with a plate loaded full of them. I don’t think they were replenished, so get them on your first trip! We probably got the leftovers from the before fireworks party, so keep that in mind.

On my second trip I tried out the toasts and spinach dip, this was a hit and the toasts were so buttery.

The dip was actually quite light, and a nice salty break from the sweets. I don’t know what it is about cubed cheese, but it tastes the best that way!

For my final trip to the dessert buffet, I scraped some of the last bits of ooey gooey toffee cake. This didn’t do it for me, but it had probably been out for a while and I got the edge bit without any toppings.

I think they refilled the toffee cake pan once, and after that they did not refill it. Like I said, everything was well-stocked for the first half hour of the dessert party so I wouldn’t worry about things running out unless you linger like we did and take multiple trips.

Mom got a scoop of ice cream with whipped cream, I think they had multiple choices. There were so many options that I didn’t even know they had ice cream until she came back with it! :laughing:

There was EMH that evening from 10-midnight but we were feeling way too sugar overloaded to stay at MK. We headed out of the terrace around 10:20, so we had enjoyed our desserts for almost an hour. There were probably 20 people still there and the area was only maybe 2/3 full to start, so don’t worry about being rushed! It might be different if the park isn’t open after HEA, but you can definitely feel free to take as long as you’d like. People were filling to-go coffee cups with desserts (encouraged by CMs) and we took some tea to go.

The castle is just so beautiful with the Christmas lights, I really hope I can visit again in December if things are looking better.

The wait times were quite low for EMH, Space Mountain had a 10 minute wait and PPF was at 30 minutes. I’m sure they got shorter as the evening went on but we were too tired and full to take advantage of the low waits.

Main Street is so magical during the holidays as well, I always think it must be so sad and boring without the decorations. I hope to see the Halloween decorations some day!

Excuse the poor quality crooked picture, but the monorail lines looked so long! I’m not sure if they look worse than they are but we were glad to head to a bus instead.

As we left MK, we caught the Electrical Water Pageant. I’ve never watched the entire thing but it is pretty at night!

There was a long line for the AKL bus, uh oh we hoped we wouldn’t have a repeat of the night before. A guy with a stroller complained endlessly to a CM about having been waiting for “way too long” and he wouldn’t leave the CM alone, so he was moved to the front of the bus line. These people are the worst, come on, everyone has been waiting! So entitled! :upsidedow

A bus came shortly after we got in line, and we figured we might be able to squish onto the next bus, if we were lucky. Luckily another bus arrived in under 10 minutes, not bad at all. Oh no though, people refused to squish on this second bus and we did not make it on. :sad2:

We were getting really worried but to our surprise, another bus showed up in under 5 minutes. That means there were three AKL buses in 15 minutes, maybe that’s why there are sometimes no buses for an hour if you are unlucky and miss the cluster of buses!

We were back to Jambo House about 40 minutes after we got in line for the MK bus. A group on the elevator was complaining about how tired they were, someone said “We did 14,000 steps today!” Mom and I looked at each other and tried not to laugh. We did more steps than that on our “rest” day! Our final step tally for this day was about 21k steps.

We collapsed into bed that night, feeling a bit sick from all the sweets but very happy from such a fun evening. I would do the after fireworks party again, preferably for earlier showings of HEA. I think the before party would be too stressful, I want to slowly enjoy my multiple trips to the buffet!

Continued in Day Seven - Part One: A Ride-Packed MK Day

Last edited:
I hope to see the Halloween decorations some day!

I LOVE the Halloween Decorations!!! :love: I think those are my favorite, I love all the Fall colors and those Mickey Jack o' Lanterns are too adorable. I have been twice at that time of year and I would definitely go back during that time, A Bonus is that the Food and Wine Festival is that time of year as well.

. Luckily another bus arrived in under 10 minutes, not bad at all. Oh no though, people refused to squish on this second bus and we did not make it on. :sad2:

We were getting really worried but to our surprise, another bus showed up in under 5 minutes. That means there were three AKL buses in 15 minutes, maybe that’s why there are sometimes no buses for an hour if you are unlucky and miss the cluster of buses!

They really ramp up the busses during really busy times., like park closing Usually hate standing on the bus and will sometimes let people go in front of me and I will wait for the next bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts