A Post-Thanksgiving WDW Family Extravaganza PTR!

stephtron312

Earning My Ears
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there?
:welcome:
Anyway, you’re as welcome as can be to this PTR! It’s my very first one but after lurking on these boards for a thousand years, I think I’ve got the hang of it!

giphy.gif

Let’s go over some basics shall we:

WHO? – Me, my lovely parents, crazy aunt and uncle, two of my cousins, and possibly a girlfriend of theirs? (Who knows! We’ve got a few months to see how that pans out.)
WHAT? – A Post-Thanksgiving WDW vacation!
WHERE? – Our DVC home, Old Key West 2 bedroom villa with a studio attachment
WHEN? – Nov 24th- Dec 2nd
WHY? – It’s been 5 years since we took a vacation together as a family!

Here’s a picture of our little gang of goofs the last time we were in Disney in 2012 (minus my cousin's ex):

598741_10150917992794342_2071266100_n by stephtron312, on Flickr
From right to left we have:

My Uncle M, Aunt S, cousins MJ (in the Miami shirt) and AJ, myself, my Mom R and my Dad J!
We’ve changed quite a bit! party:

There’s a few other relatives that may or may not be accompanying us but since they’re still undecided I haven’t really been factoring them into our plans :confused3

giphy.gif

Shall we get to know each other a little bit better? :thumbsup2

My name is Stephanie, I am a 26 year old Program coordinator for a non-profit in NY. I’m the planner extraordinaire on this trip (and like every trip I ever take because it’s a problem). After college I completed a DCP in good ol’ Downtown Disney (still haven’t seen the new Disney Springs and I am suuuuper excited!). My love for Disney has been a lifelong obsession as my parents’ took me to the World every 2-3 years since 1993 (when my parents decided to buy DVC points at OKW). I also love everything Marvel, Star Wars, and HP related. I spend my free time reading, writing, living my best Stardew Valley life and crying over Game of Thrones.

Disney favorites:

• Park: Hollywood Studios
  • Ride: Great Movie Ride L but now that that’s gone I guess I have to go with Tower of Terror
  • Snack: Popcorn but I’m sure this will change as I am on a food-obsessed mission this trip (but really is there anything better than Disney Popcorn during the 3 o’clock parade?)
  • Show: Illuminations
  • Character to meet: Peter Pan or Belle, though my best interaction is between Chip & Dale at Garden Grill or an impromptu dance session with Naveen and Tiana (but they’re never around together anymore, are they?)
  • Movie: Idk why I’m even including this question as it is near impossible to answer but my tried and true faves are: Beauty and the Beast (both versions!), Lilo & Stitch, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Moana, Brave, Finding Nemo
  • Character: Tinker Bell (Peter Pan versions, not so much in her own movies yet I’ve watched every single one so I must be a secret fan)
  • Resort: OKW is our home so I’ll always have a spot for it in my heart but we stayed at AKL on our last trip in 2016 and it was incredible!
  • Restaurant: 1900 Park Fare for that damn delicious strawberry soup! Or Boma…always Boma.
I figured you guys will get to know the personality of my family (and its quite a personality they have) over the course of this PTR and future TR! I’m really putting this together to get to know more people here on the DIS and stop driving my family completely nuts by only talking about Disney for the past 3 or so months. So feel free to chat with me as we get this PTR underway!!

giphy.gif

Read here for Update Two: Those Darn Slippery ADR's

Last edited:
Following!

I’m the planner extraordinaire on this trip (and like every trip I ever take because it’s a problem).

Same here girl, but I don't think of it as a problem, I like to think of it as a passion and my happy place!

Resort: OKW is our home so I’ll always have a spot for it in my heart

OKW is my home and will always be my home! It's such an underestimated resort and I'm totally fine with that, more Turtle Krawls for us!:drinking1

Following!

Same here girl, but I don't think of it as a problem, I like to think of it as a passion and my happy place!

OKW is my home and will always be my home! It's such an underestimated resort and I'm totally fine with that, more Turtle Krawls for us!:drinking1

It's so understated!!! Honestly as much as I love the other resorts nothing beats OKW in terms of relaxation and true vacation vibes. Bring me all the Turtle Krawl and Conch Fritters :love:

Update Two: Those darn slippery ADR's

99 DAYS OUT!!!

WOOO double digit dance!

giphy.gif

(accurate depiction of me and my cousins in this morning's group chat)

So today I thought I’d go over the ADR’s I have and the very VERY rough plans for that week.

Side note: I suck at making ADR’s. I’m just terrible at it, I can’t seem to ever wake up early enough to make them. And to make it worse this year I was away visiting friends and COMPLETELY forgot until a day after my ADR date. But that being said I’m pretty happy with my choices!

We are going on the Disney Dining Plan and at this point we have:

Friday 11/24 – Arrival Day
Dinner at Cape May Café

Saturday 11/25 – Disney Springs/Park Day Lite (I know how crazy the crowds are this weekend so we’ll play it by ear if we actually end up any where)

Lunch at Homecoming

Sunday 11/26 – MK morning/AK night day

Breakfast at Crystal Palace (and praying that TP finds me a BOG reservation)

Monday 11/27 – AK morning/EPCOT night

NO ADRS – this is going to be a wing it/QS day!

Tuesday 11/28 – It’s my dad’s birthday!! So his pick for what we do (but kinda planning on HS morning/then MVMCP at night!)

Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Wednesday 11/29 - EPCOT

Lunch at Tutto Italia (I do have a TP watch set for Via Napoli at this time instead because I love it there but we’ve never done Tutto Italia and I’m debating if we should keep it even if the VN reservation opens up)

Thursday 11/30 – MK morning/HS night

Breakfast at Ohana!

Friday 12/1 – Departure Day

No ADRs – I’ll honestly probably try to see if any breakfast reservations open throughout the week to grab but also can see us grabbing a quick sit down at Olivia’s before heading out.
I am most excited for Cape May and Ohana as they are completely new to me!! :yay: My family is also a bunch of super picky eaters so I had to keep everything sort of mild (aka give away my Tiffins reservation that I was really looking forward to and not touch my beloved Boma at all!).

giphy.gif

See the other thing with my family is they’re all very go with the flow. And I am too I just like to research and dream about food for months ahead of any trip! But it was important for us to have at least one meal planned so we all end up in the same place at least once a day. I’m sure all the park stuff and where we spend each day will be very different from what’s in my head which is actually very annoying when it comes to FP’s but I don’t have to worry about for another 39 days! I’ll go over my in depth day to day plan in another update.

Have you guys eaten at any other these places? Any favorite things on the menu that I definitely shouldn’t miss??

I’ll try to update in the next week or so with our travel plans (I’ll make it exciting I promise, probably with pictures of my dogs!). Thanks for reading, see ya real soon!

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter