A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

Towards the end of my trip report I'll write about one fast way between Epcot and DHS, but I don't really recommend it.
runningRevlonforaCuresmiley-MAY.gif
Smiley08.gif
:rolleyes:

Hugs. Again, I was so saddened to hear about the loss of your dear friend. Cancer sucks. :(

Thank you for continuing this report. Sorry La Hacienda didn't live up to the hype. I've eaten there 3 times, and only the time in the middle was out of this world. :shrug

First off, nothing I can say will be helpful. But know that I am so incredibly sorry to hear about Rebecca. Hugs to you and may your memories together last a lifetime, keeping her alive forever with you :hug:

Somewhere in between I helped with the Fast Passes with the middle school class trip. Which meant I needed to add 130 people to 10 different My Disney Experience Accounts, add and link tickets for everyone and then make the FP. Mostly without help from the people who were actually going on the trip.
:scared1: I have no words for this! But kudos to you!!! My FP window opens tomorrow morning and I'm already sweating it :-)laughing:), I cannot fathom making FPs for that many people!!!!!!!!

we made it there with just a little less than an hour to wait for the show. We got a nice spot right in the middle of the street, not too far back from the theatre.
Nice! Excited to hear about the fireworks, as I've rearranged my own trip plans to make seeing these happen! :thumbsup2

Towards the end of my trip report I'll write about one fast way between Epcot and DHS, but I don't really recommend it.
runningRevlonforaCuresmiley-MAY.gif
Smiley08.gif
:rolleyes:

I'm curious about how quickly you traveled between the two parks, but I have no desire to repeat your feat (feet).

I recall that Andy had one day when he made multiple trips between the parks/EPCOT resorts in pretty impressive time.

:faint:

Hugs. Again, I was so saddened to hear about the loss of your dear friend. Cancer sucks. :(

Thank you for continuing this report. Sorry La Hacienda didn't live up to the hype. I've eaten there 3 times, and only the time in the middle was out of this world. :shrug

Thanks. :hug: It really, really does.

That's so strange that the restaurant seems to be hit and well, not exactly miss, but hit and not hit.

:sad2:

First off, nothing I can say will be helpful. But know that I am so incredibly sorry to hear about Rebecca. Hugs to you and may your memories together last a lifetime, keeping her alive forever with you :hug:

Thank you! There really are no words. No silver lining. It is just really sad. But I do think of Rebecca and I can't help but smile, just like she ALWAYS did.

:scared1: I have no words for this! But kudos to you!!! My FP window opens tomorrow morning and I'm already sweating it :-)laughing:), I cannot fathom making FPs for that many people!!!!!!!!

How did you do with your FP lineup? Were you able to get Flights of Passage at Animal Kingdom?

It was really time consuming to make up the groups and then input all of the numbers we needed to for the class trip. Easy, but grunt work. I was a bit annoyed because although the class stays onsite, they are not able to make FP reservations until the 30 day mark. And they didn't get the tickets until they were already in the window. So I was anxious to get everything input as soon as I could to get them the best possible lineup of rides. Actually doing the FP was not too bad, because of the way I set it up, I had 10 groups, so I only had to book 10 times, on 3 different days.

I was able to get Soarin (and Spaceship Earth/Living with the Land), Space/Splash/Big Thunder and Toy Story/Tower of Terror/Star Tours. As part of the classes they were doing, they rode Test Track and RockNRollerCoaster, so I didn't have to book those.

We had an issue with one ticket out of 130 not linking correctly, so I had to call tech support. When I told them how I set the groups up, the naming convention and the email/passwords, the woman I spoke to said she could tell that I knew what I was doing.

::yes::

Nice! Excited to hear about the fireworks, as I've rearranged my own trip plans to make seeing these happen! :thumbsup2

Good move! I loved, loved, loved the Star Wars fireworks/projection show. Coming up, hopefully soon!

:goodvibes

How did you do with your FP lineup? Were you able to get Flights of Passage at Animal Kingdom?
It was a success except - and you called it! - Flights of Passage :sad2: But I have a back-up plan... and will be ready to hit up Standby immediately upon entering for AM EMH!

I was able to get Soarin (and Spaceship Earth/Living with the Land), Space/Splash/Big Thunder and Toy Story/Tower of Terror/Star Tours.
:worship:

the woman I spoke to said she could tell that I knew what I was doing.
:laughing: :thumbsup2 I am sure she's not used to dealing with folks with your level of expertise! ::yes::

Good move! I loved, loved, loved the Star Wars fireworks/projection show. Coming up, hopefully soon!
Yay!!! :goodvibes

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Totally understand just not being in the mood for Disney at the moment.

I didn't even think they ran a bus from EPCOT to DHS, so I'm glad your gamble paid off and I guess I learned something new today!

The walk really isn't all that bad. I'm never opposed to walking though if it means I don't have to wait on transportation. I think it annoys my family though.

It was a success except - and you called it! - Flights of Passage :sad2: But I have a back-up plan... and will be ready to hit up Standby immediately upon entering for AM EMH!

:laughing: :thumbsup2 I am sure she's not used to dealing with folks with your level of expertise! ::yes::

Yay!!! :goodvibes

I haven't been reading about the lines or wait times for Flights of Passage- hopefully with your plan you will get to ride it without an excessive wait.

The woman I spoke with seemed pleased that I knew what the issue was and understood what was needed to fix it. My concern was making the Fast Passes for that group since I wouldn't be able to make the reservations for one of the people in the group, so the CM put a note that when the tech person corrected the ticket link, they needed to match up the FP for that person with the group.

I'll work on getting the Star Wars Fireworks update posted soon, maybe this morning...

:goodvibes

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Totally understand just not being in the mood for Disney at the moment.

I didn't even think they ran a bus from EPCOT to DHS, so I'm glad your gamble paid off and I guess I learned something new today!

The walk really isn't all that bad. I'm never opposed to walking though if it means I don't have to wait on transportation. I think it annoys my family though.

Thank you! :hug:

The buses between parks are a funny thing. I know there is transportation between AK and HS, because we use that often. If we are traveling between MK and EP, we use the monorail (which is TOO a ride)- is there a bus between those parks? Or from the TTC to EP? I don't know! Since there is a boat that runs between EP and HS, I wasn't positive about the bus, but I'm glad it worked out for us.

:car:

I don't mind the walk between the parks, either. We did make the trek on a couple of occasions (one coming up soon...)

::yes::

The Force Was With Us- Fireworks! And Fireworks!

We arrived at Hollywood Studios- Looking back…

IMG_8391.jpg

IMG_8392.jpg

and before we took our spots in the street for the fireworks show, we stopped for a couple of Photopass pictures.

This is the spot we found for the show. We had about 45 minutes to wait for the show. Nobody tried to crowd us in, which was good, but I do remember there were some annoying people near us. I don’t remember exactly what it was but I think screaming was involved.

IMG_8390.jpg

IMG_8394.jpg

I don’t really have much to say, except that I LOVED THIS SHOW!!! The combination of projections, fireworks and music were just awesome!

Here are a few pictures, but they really don’t do justice to the experience.

IMG_8396.jpg

IMG_8398.jpg

IMG_8401.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8403.jpg

IMG_8404.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_8407%20-%20Copy%202.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_8409.jpg

IMG_8410.jpg

IMG_8411.jpg

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

WOW!!!

When the show was over, we left and headed towards the path that takes you between Hollywood Studios and the EPCOT resorts. We passed by the bus loading area and it was a ZOO! We were so glad we were walking on by.

As we travelled we realized we would get back before 9 pm. Which means we could see Illuminations if we wanted!

We stopped into the Boardwalk bakery to get some treats. I had been telling Mark how much I love Mickey ice cream bars, but he didn’t believe me since I had not gotten one yet on the trip. So I was “forced” to purchase one to save face.

I took a couple of pictures on the Boardwalk

But of course, I only have eyes for this:

We were originally going to watch just the higher fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and Boardwalk, but we had park hoppers, so why not pop into EPCOT and watch the entire show from there?

So we did!

Continued in Next Post

Illuminations

Although I have photographed this show numerous times, of course I took pictures again.

And although you have seen thousands of pictures of Illuminations, I know you will look.

It’s just what we do!

IMG_8432%202.jpg

IMG_8433.jpg

IMG_8436.jpg

IMG_8439.jpg

IMG_8440.jpg

IMG_8447.jpg

IMG_8454%202.jpg

IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8456.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

IMG_8462.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8466.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

IMG_8470.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

IMG_8474.jpg

IMG_8476.jpg

IMG_8478.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_8481.jpg

IMG_8482.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

Recap of the Day- Wednesday October 19

Approximately 22,000 steps

Walk to Hollywood Studios, way too early for the regular 9 am opening

Toy Story Midway Mania, Toy Story Meet & Greet, Tower of Terror, Star Wars Launch Bay to meet Chewie, Starring Rolls snack, TSMM again, Indiana Jones, Photoshoot at Dee’s Corner

Friendship Boat to EPCOT

Lunch at Katsura Grill, Japan

Meet up with Nannette and Janet, Impressions de France

Afternoon break at Stormalong Bay

Dinner at La Hacienda

Bus to HS

Star Wars Fireworks

Walk to BW/EPCOT

Illuminations

Next Up: EPCOT Headliners

Last edited:
I don’t really have much to say, except that I LOVED THIS SHOW!!! The combination of projections, fireworks and music were just awesome!
We are huge Star Wars fans and have been following the movies since the first one premiered back in the 70's. I finally saw this show last month. I loved it. All those movie clips brought back tons of memories. :)

We passed by the bus loading area and it was a ZOO! We were so glad we were walking on by.
Ugh - when we stayed at POR last June it took the fourth bus until we could get back to our resort. We decided never to stay until closing time at DHS unless we were staying at an Epcot resort. :(

Last edited:
Looks like you got a good spot to see the SW fireworks. You're right the show and fireworks are amazing!
One of the best perks of staying in the BW area is being able to walk home when the park closes! Bonus being able to walk to WS and catch Illuminations pixiedust:
Wow you did a lot in one day!

Those pictures of the Star Wars fireworks look amazing. If those pictures don't do it justice ... it must really be spectacular.

Illuminations is always a great way to end the night! I love that you guys decided to see it from inside the park instead of from the bridge. One of the many good things about park hoppers.

Also ... you spent a lot of time going between Hollywood Studios and Epcot that day!

Awesome picture with Mark in front of the GMR!

Love the Star Wars show! It is a must do for me!

You did exactly what I did in January too. Star Wars then over to Epcot for Illuminations. Illuminations is my favorite show. You got some great photos of it too!

That's too bad La Hacienda was a disappointment. I hate when you're looking forward to a meal because it was so good last time and are let down. There are a few restaurants in Disney that we've had similar experiences.

I've heard the Star Wars fireworks are great. Unfortunately, we didn't stay long enough in January to see them. That's great that you were able to enjoy two fireworks shows in one night!

It must have been an early SW show to be able to get over to Epcot. I've only see the SW show when it starts at 9 or 9:30 (can't remember which)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts