• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A question about Delta Black Out Dates

Swamp_Fox

Friendly & Honest Pin Trader
Hi there this is my first post to this particular board and I have a upcoming Disney trip in May. I have a Delta Skymiles Card with enough miles to earn a free trip for two and I want to know about Blackout dates for that month if any, because I feel I won't get a straight answer out of Delta. Can anybody recommend a web site that has Black Out dates posted for that time or for that matter the rest of 2003.

Larry

It should be on their website. Usually if you are in one of the preferred levels of the frequent flyer program blackout days are waived.

You can check out for yourself what flights are available on your chosen dates by going to the Delta site. Log in with your SkyMiles number and password and set the start page to "SkyMiles". Then click go.

On the SkyMiles page, click on the "Using Your Miles" menu item on the left. Then on the Using Your Miles page, click on "Award Ticket". You are now at the Award Ticket Reservation page. You use it just like you would use the regular one.

Make sure when you choose your flights that you pick them from the restricted block. The ones in the unrestricted block will cost you double the usual mileage (50,000 miles vs 25,000).

The trick is to decide your dates VERY far ahead.

Depending on when you want to use your Skymiles, you may not have anything to pay (except for 9/11 fee, etc) or you may have to pay more than you thought.

If you call them at 800-323-2323, you get more updated info than what they have in teh website, for whatever reason. but you'll get the best flights and seats is you call almost 330 days before departure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter