A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

About 2 weeks after we got home from that trip I found Steve on the computer booking the one for January 2007 :rotfl: He has nobody to blame for my addiction but himself!
:rotfl2:

Don't forget to ignore my very primitive first and last attempt at being a scrap-booker!
On the contrary, I think it's great! And so sweet. :goodvibes

After dropping our bags we'll head right to Epcot for some F&W eats and drinks with Billie @Elevationist followed by dinner
Woohoo!!!!!!

Good thing I did too because I got to shake his hand!
That's incredible!

Steve and I have only seen ROL once.
Well you've beat my number... by one :laughing: Someday I'll get over there for it...

Yay! You're getting so close!!!

Thanks for going down memory land with me

I love seeing all those old photos ::yes:: It's crazy how fast all those years go :sad1:

This time I'm fairly certain we'll be in that outer building garden view room stated on our reservation and not in a suite lol!

You never know :thumbsup2

come early afternoon we'll part was as we move over to Universal to do HHN for the 1st time. We're staying at HRH for the night

I think (unlike me) you're going to love it. But are you staying at the GF and HRH?

"but there's no Stephen King at HHN" BUT, I love him. I love him so much that my parents took me to his house in Maine when I was 17 and I went to the Vassar College graduation about 20 years ago when he was the speaker just to see him. Good thing I did too because I got to shake his hand

That's really cool ::yes:: I probably already told you this but used to love Stephen King too, and one of my ALL-TIME favorite books ever is still, The Stand.

I also got this to wear on my October trip:

IMG_3709.JPG

Cute!

I'm debating doing the crazy EXTRA EXTRA MAGIC HOURS today. I can sleep on the plane, right???

Yes! But getting up early is totally my thing…I was up at 4:45 today and I'm not even working. I tried going back to sleep but couldn't so I just got up and made my coffee.

You can do it!

Those whoopie pies look good!
Just curious - have you ever tried to make a magic bar at home? I've seen a bunch of copycat recipes online but never tried. They usually don't end up being as good anyway.

Great plans for the next trip. I hope you enjoy it.

In high school I went between Metallica and pop stuff like this girl and Debbie Gibson
Debbie Gibson...I haven't thought of her in a while. My ex was obsessed with her, and I had no choice but to be interested by association. I saw her in concert once and met her after seeing her perform as Belle in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. That was more than 20 years ago!

I never went to Universal with my kids because I thought it was all about roller coasters and my younger one didn’t ride space mountain until he was 15 . I thought it would be a waste of money. I went with my dare devil nephews ( and my brother and sil ) and saw how much more there was.
We went ourselves in 2000 and then not again until 2015 and had the boys; there is definitely a good deal to do there! I still feel it's not the greatest choice for toddlers but I know there are those that disagree; it's good for those that like thrills. I like a couple rides but never feel the need to ride them more than once.
Still haven’t had a meal in the parks - just snacks
Back in 2015 we ate at Finnegan's and Confico's and thought they were fine but nothing amazing. I do want to try Mythos though I hear good things and the menu looks good!
Absolutely love the walk down memory lane!!! The pics of the boys are adorable!!!!
Thank you!!!
I'm guessing Flying Fish since it didn't work out for us back in May????
Well you'll have to wait until my next update ;) but my goal is to eat at ALL the signatures so it could definitely be FF!
Have a GREAT trip!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels my friend.:love2:
You also 2 days after we're back 😭
'm not surprised that Steve was the one ready to book a return trip so soon. Dana was always the one booking the trips when the kids were little.
Always the guys causing trouble 😂 I always remind all the boys when they make fun of us for going so much that it is NOT ALWAYS ME suggesting the trips!!!
Had you always planned to stay at GF for this September trip? I hope you have a great time, no matter where your room is. :)
Yes we have! We booked that as soon as we decided to go as WL wasn't available with my rate. I did check a couple times to see if it became available but no luck; I'll be ok waiting until Oct 23rd to be back at my lodge :love:
I was looking at what was going on when we are there. They don't describe them very well.
True they don't give too many details but I know ours involves a sweet carb of the pastry variety and champagne 🍾 and that's really all I need to know!
hmmmm Jiko? Can it be Jiko. I have been debating going there. I would love to here your thoughts.
You COULD be right; you have like a 1 in 3 chance of being correct :laughing: I will add that I've stared at the Jiko menu multiple times and thought about booking and never did in the past...................

Oh my gosh, Chris and Eric are twins!!! So crazy!
Right??? Ricky and Jay are more the same as far as body type but not as much as these two!
I was sure you would be booked right in to the Walt Disney suite this time....
Well I'll let Disney know your thoughts and see what they can do about that :snooty:
So adorable. I think you are going to Flying Fish!
That's 2 votes for FF! I wonder who is right 🤔
I vote for get up and go. Just think about how many times you could ride ToT!
Ugh the more we're talking about it the more I think we're doing it..............I'm actually thinking about going early like 7:30 to MK on Monday too but then I may be too tired to get up early Tuesday for HS. If we weren't going to be up so late Sunday night I'd do MK EEMH on Sunday for sure with the quick monorail ride from GF!
We have my first character meal booked for our next trip, Garden Grill breakfast (Candlelight Processional dining package).
Nice! We've done that twice and besides the food being really good the character interaction is always great.
I'm sure once we start taking family trips we will do more things with the characters so we can get lots of pictures of baby with characters :love:
You will for sure 💕 I actually have pics of the kids at GG dinner when Chris was 11 months old and even though he doesn't remember I do! Dale sat down at our table and put Chris on his lap :love: And can I tell you again how absolutely thrilled I am for you guys????
Ohhhh… that would be great if someone said "That's Kim!"
I think it would be funny if it was a fellow DIS'ers kid :laughing:
No. Way. that's … awesome!
I was so cool, his son had graduated from Vassar a few years prior and that's why they asked him to speak. He was great; spoke for a long time.
Well... poop. It looks like none of our park days overlap.
Seriously????? Not even on the 16th when lots of us are in Epcot???
Well you've beat my number... by one :laughing: Someday I'll get over there for it...
LMAO! Honestly you're not missing anything IMO which is why I've only seen it once. But since I love being in AK at night I figured what the heck, I'll give the "new" version a whirl and see if it's as bad as it's predecessor lol
I think (unlike me) you're going to love it. But are you staying at the GF and HRH?
I do believe you are correct and yes we are! We had the GF booked before we decided to do HHN and I had no plans to stay at Universal but Steve thought we'd be better off there that night than getting an Uber so late along with tons of others and getting back to our resort so late as we'd be exhausted. So my TA rate came through again with HRH but I am at my yearly limit for WDW TA rate stays so if we cancelled that night I would have had to make 2 separate reservations; one for before that night and one after and I didn't have 2 left. Are you glad you asked lol?:faint:
That's really cool ::yes:: I probably already told you this but used to love Stephen King too, and one of my ALL-TIME favorite books ever is still, The Stand.
I seem to remember you telling me that; I love "The Stand" too. I have to see if I can find the picture of him from Vassar to show you guys!
Yes! But getting up early is totally my thing…I was up at 4:45 today and I'm not even working
OMG:faint: I have to set an alarm if I need to get up by 9:30 :rotfl:
Just curious - have you ever tried to make a magic bar at home? I've seen a bunch of copycat recipes online but never tried. They usually don't end up being as good anyway.
Steve used to make a version of a magic bar that I loved but I think it he did it now I'd be like "this isn't a magic bar" and he'd be mad he put the time into it lol. And really I don't need to eat anything like a MB on a regular basis so I'll stick to it being a WL treat!
Great plans for the next trip. I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks! I'm excited, really excited about HHN which is weird for me since in general Universal doesn't excite me.

LMAO! Honestly you're not missing anything IMO which is why I've only seen it once. But since I love being in AK at night I figured what the heck, I'll give the "new" version a whirl and see if it's as bad as it's predecessor lol
That's kinda what I've been gathering from reviews, so I haven't gone out of my way for it in the past. I'll await your review of the new version and go from there :rotfl2:

You COULD be right; you have like a 1 in 3 chance of being correct :laughing: I will add that I've stared at the Jiko menu multiple times and thought about booking and never did in the past...................
I do this with a handful of restaurants. Becuase again, the menus online sometime just aren't that desciptive. I am actually kind of surpised they don't have more on the websit.

Less than 12 hours and we'll be on our way to :smickey::earsgirl::earsboy::donald:pooh: Just going to do a quick update here for our 2nd full day which was July 5th.

Since I figured we'd be out on the later side the night before our plan today was to not arrive to our park of the day, Animal Kingdom, until later in the morning. This worked out well as our good friends Renee and Chad - AKA @ArielSRL - were going to be at AK and were planning on leaving around 1ish! So we slept in a bit and I have no clear recollection of breakfast but I'm thinking Steve went down and got a few pastries/bagels from Contempo Cafe. We got to AK around 11 I believe and since Renee and her family were doing something we went to ride Dinosaur first as the wait was rather low:

IMG_2579 (1).JPG

And then went to meet Renee at Nomad Lounge! Melinda @pepperandchips and her DH R were going to meet us but they'd spent the morning at MK and the heat had taken them down so they were enjoying pool time. We met up with them later in the trip though! For now we hung with these Georgians:

IMG_2586.JPG

We had met on the EPIC trip in May but neither of us had met each others' boys:

IMG_2582.JPG

And her little guys were a tad interested in what bigger guys do on their electronics:

IMG_2589.JPG

Yes we sat outside in that July heat and humidity but it wasn't that bad! These helped for sure:

IMG_2592 (1).JPG

I know Steve got a Mule that just wasn't in a copper mug but not sure what Chad got. Renee and I got a special 4th of July sangria and it was pretty good! But then for round 2 I went with this:

IMG_2600.JPG

We also had a little dancing:

IMG_2595.JPG

And I made a very good friend whom I was lucky enough to spend more time with the next day!

IMG_2601.JPG

One more shot:

IMG_2593.JPG

We had a great time relaxing, drinking (and eating!) and the boys were all really good sports just chilling for a bit but after about 90 minutes Renee and group needed to go back for some pool time and we had fastpasses to get to so we parted ways for the time being. And now I'm going to part ways with all of you for a few days while Steve and I enjoy a little Food and Wine, some HHN and visit with some DIS friends :goodvibes Be back soon!

And then went to meet Renee at Nomad Lounge!
I've heard good things about this place. Need to go there and see. :)
And her little guys were a tad interested in what bigger guys do on their electronics:
:laughing: That's always the way it is. :)
We also had a little dancing:

IMG_2595.JPG
:laughing:
Go, Little dude!
And I made a very good friend whom I was lucky enough to spend more time with the next day!
Awwww. :)
And now I'm going to part ways with all of you for a few days while Steve and I enjoy a little Food and Wine, some HHN and visit with some DIS friends :goodvibes Be back soon!
Have a great trip!!

Ended up being a scrapbook of sorts that I'd made her after she came to Florida with us in 2007. It was a.................special and memorable trip with my MIL :scared: but now as I think back to it, we had some good times. I'll post a few of these when my computer decides to cooperate and let me download some more pictures............
Simultaneous :rotfl:and ♥

IMG_2523 (2).JPG

Non centered picture because I needed to crop my arm out! It looked like it was about 130 lbs. bigger than the rest of me - oh crap I hope it doesn't really look like that!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: If only it was so easy in real life

Yum!!! These look delicious

We interrupt this July TR to bring you a rundown of our upcoming Sept. trip in FOUR DAYS 🕺💃🍹
Totally missed this one. Have a great time!

Thanks for going down memory land with me there; now head in to the future with me
Loving all the pictures. 2007 doesn't seem that long ago, but oh how they boys and Disney have changed

Great picture! But so many boys!!!!!

PS - ugh, I still have yet to try Nomad's Lounge. Shhhh don't tell @kastoney :rolleyes1 I really need to pull it together. :headache: Next time, Nomad's Lounge AND magic bars! :thumbsup2
You really must. Not sure we would have met had I known this :P

I'm finally here..on page 8...pathetic DISing, I know!!

Loving this TR so far, and it's really making me think about how many more trips we have with Jimmy before he turns into a "big boy"...I will be soaking in all the magical-ness of this trip in December for sure because it really does all go by too quickly!!!

I love your Loser's Club shirt!! Last summer I finally read It because my Goddaughter (who is 13!) decided to read it. I need to get to the theater to see Chapter Two!

Love the pic of your boys with @ArielSRL 's little guys! Absolutely adorable, and so cute that they were all good sports.

Hope you're having an amazing trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!