A Sister Wives Food & Wine 2019 Dining Adventure!- Update 7/10/2020- An Ending and a Beginning, from Sister Wives to just Sisters- Post 87-Complete!

TeresaNJ

Full time stay at home crafter!
A Sister Wives Food & Wine 2019 Dining Adventure!
October 29- November 6, 2019
No Spirits For Us... Day 3, Thursday, October 31, 2019

Mary Ann & I were on our own this morning, as Harry had to catch the bus to ESPN Wide World of Sports to pick up his race packet and bib, so the plan was we were going to Epcot, and then he would meet up with us. Being Halloween, we wanted to wear our really cute Halloween Spirit Jerseys, and matching candy corn ears. My sister bought mine for my birthday, which is September 15th, and ordered herself a matching one! I know I said I didn't want to be like weird adult matching clothes twins, but Spirit Jerseys don't count, right? My sweet husband also bought me the Boo Crew Spirit Jersey for my birthday, not knowing my sister was buying me a Halloween themed one. As it turned out that week though, it was a hot one, close to 91 for a high for Halloween, so no wearing Spirit Jerseys for us.

At least we got to wear our candy corn ears, and cute light up pumpkin necklaces! Stupid pumpkins kept falling off though, and rolling all over the place. I guess that's what you get for Dollar Store merchandise! Funny story, we were in the Everything Pop shop in the morning, prior to Skylining to Epcot, when my pumpkins starting falling off. The very sweet cast member offered to crazy glue back on the ones that had come off, so I'm like okay, and I was trying to hold them on until they were secure after she glued them, and I ended up getting crazy glue all over my fingers! Ugh. That was so annoying. So then she felt bad, and got some nail polish remover pads, and was trying to get the crazy glue off of my fingers. I think I ripped some of the skin off. Lesson learned. Let the pumpkins roll where they may, and let them stay!

We knew exactly where we wanted to eat breakfast on this delightfully warm Halloween morning. Any guesses? It was around 10am.

If you guessed Boulangerie patisserie les Halles, you'd be correct! Mary Ann had never been inside the patisserie, and had no idea what she'd been missing. Harry & I had only been here for the first time a few years ago. Somehow we'd managed to walk right past it on all the Disney trips we'd been on. There was so much to choose from, and we wanted to do some Food & Wine booths for lunch, not to mention we had a pretty big dinner coming up, so tried to not go overboard. We decided to share the:

Quiche Florentine- spinach, goat cheese quiche $7.50

My personal favorite, the Roule Lard & Fromage- bacon and cheese roll $4.25

Parfait aux Fruits- Yogurt mousse with berries 5.00

And my other personal favorite, the Frangipane- almond, chocolate and hazelnut filling between puff pastry $4.75

Everything was so delicious, and fresh! I'm not a big fan of quiche, but this one was actually really good. The crust was nice and flaky, the goat cheese mild in flavor, and the spinach and egg a creamy texture, and not overcooked in the least. It was love at first bite the first time I had the bacon and cheese roll. I mean how can you go wrong? It's just the right amount of chewiness, with great flavor from the bacon and cheese. My sister's other choice, the yogurt parfait, was a nice change of pace from all of the carbs. The berries were just sweet enough to overcome the tartness of the yogurt. Last but not least, the almond frangipane. Oh my goodness. If you love almond, and have never had a fragipane, you really must put it on your list. The layers are so flaky, with the almond paste in between. It's just so good! Trust me!

After our amazing breakfast, we browsed the countries and shops, waiting for Harry. I bought myself a cute 2019 Epcot F&W Festival shirt, and Mare bought a few gifts for friends and co-workers. Harry finally caught up with us around 11:45, and was pretty hungry, so we went straight to the Alps booth!

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette –$5.00
Uh, yea, not sure about this one. The cheese was pretty hard and congealed, and really, two teeny potatoes, and two teeny tiny pickles, and two pretty stale crunchy bread pieces? For $5, skip it.

Okay, this is more like it! From the China booth we got two dishes, the Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles – $6.75 This was really good! If you love garlic, and you love shrimp, and you love noodles, get it! It's fairly pricy, but the shrimp were a nice size, and cooked perfectly, and the noodles were a little spicy! Very happy with this!

And the Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun – $6.75 Harry really liked this. I had a bite. I'm not a huge Bao bun fan, as I think they almost taste like raw dough, and I'd have preferred just shrimp and not chicken with it. It reminded me a little bit of teriyaki chicken. For the price you got a good serving.

We didn't have to be in the MK until 2, so still had time to eat some more F&W treats!
Roast Bratwurst in a Prop and Peller Pretzel Roll – $5.75 I love soft pretzels, especially Philadelphia soft pretzels, Philly Factory Soft Pretzels, or Wawa soft pretzels. I grew up in South Philly, and the soft pretzels there are like none other. I remember when I was in Catholic grade school, a brown shopping bag with a handle, filled with soft pretzels, would be hung on our classroom door for us to buy as a snack during recess. That's where my addiction grew. They're like crack to me! Here's a little history lesson on the origins of the Philadelphia soft pretzel! Getting back to this item, I had to have it, because I love hot dogs, and I love pretzel rolls. I wasn't hungry, but that doesn't matter when soft pretzels are involved. I was slightly surprised, maybe even a little confused, at the size of the roll though, and the size of the wiener. More roll, or less wiener, please. This wasn't my favorite, sad to say. The roll didn't really taste like what I was thinking it would taste like. I probably should have realized this ahead of time, because I don't really care for those huge German pretzels they sell at the outside stand. This roll was sort of like that. I can't really describe it to you. Being a soft pretzel connoisseur, this wasn't what I considered a real pretzel roll. The wiener was okay. I guess I don't really care for bratwurst that much either. I didn't like the color, for one. It looked gray. I don't find gray food appetizing. Harry ate most of this. I'll stick to the frankfurter with sauerkraut that you can get from Sommerfest from now on.

There was another item on my list that I couldn't wait to try, and I LOVED it! Now I know a lot of people didn't like this. They thought it was weird, and wouldn't even try it because of it's description. I found it so delicious, the flavor was great, and I could have eaten a whole bowl of it. We stopped for a photo en route! Can you guess which item I'm talking about?

Little Remy is NOT a hint!

Ta Da!!! Frothy Ramen: Chilled Noodles and Dashi Broth with a Light Foam Topping – $6.00 This was so so good! I can't say it enough times. I don't know what seasonings they used, but even the foam was flavorful. Yum! The most delicious ramen soup you can imagine. It wasn't too cold, either. It was just right! I can't wait to have this again in the fall, assuming everything is right in the WDW by then.

I can never give up sushi when it's offered. Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon Sushi topped with Volcano Sauce – $5.75 Another winner in my book. It was slightly spicy, but not too much, and the volcano sauce added some flavor to the bland rice. I'll definitely be getting this again if it comes back.

My sister really wanted to try this next item. She'd been talking about it for weeks leading up to the trip. Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread – $4.50 Maybe I should have taken a better photo, because this looks like a baked potato with a plain bun sitting on top of it. It was okay. Not great. I wanted it to be more cheesy. I thought it was on the dry side. I don't know if I would get this one again. I think a lot of these items are hit or miss depending on which day you get them, the time of day, who's making them, and so on, because I know I've read reviews where people love them. I've seen pics with the cheese oozing out. This was almost like day old stale bread with dried up cheese inside.

Since we were close to the International Gateway, we thought it would be quicker to just walk over to the Boardwalk and hop the bus to the MK there. While waiting we encountered this little fellow having a bite of cheese pizza for lunch!

No matter how many times I go on this ride, I never tire of it. I'd love to know how they capture our expressions at just the right time for these photos.

Of course, no afternoon would be complete without my sister & I's fav frosty treat! Looks like I went with the frozen cappucino, same as Mare, instead of my normal Shakin Jamaican. These are the perfect pick me up, when you're dragging a little!

I think I mentioned earlier in my report that we opted not to do MNSSHP this trip because of how expensive it was for Halloween night, which was the only night we could attend. I think it was somewhere around $135 plus tax. I just couldn't do it. So instead we decided to do something else that was super fun, and that we really enjoy. We had just enough time to stop for this cool pic before heading to the boat dock!

Seriously, so peaceful. I just love it. I could ride back and forth for hours.

I have to remember not to pose sideways like this again! Not very flattering. I need to research on photo poses that make you look like you weigh 20lbs less!

Oh look, this one's even more flattering! Harry looks like I'm squishing the life out of him.

My sister wife looks so much cuter in her pic!

Don't you love how creative people get with their golf cart decorations? We've walked around some of the RV campsites during the holiday seasons, in the evening when it's dark, and the decorations are incredible!

We were having dinner at Trail's End, but our table wasn't ready yet, so we had a seat at the bar at Crockett's Tavern. I don't know why, but I didn't take any other photos this evening, so the ones I'll be posting are those found by Google. This is so unusual for me, and I apologize in advance. From my receipt I know that Harry had a Blue Moon, I had an Odwalla Lemonade and Watermelon topped with Lemon-Lime Foam, & Mary Ann had a Spicy Margarita. We were all happy with our beverage of choice. I love Trails End. The food is just basic comfort food, but there is something so cozy and satisfying about it. We like to sit and rock on the front porch when the rocking chairs are available. I'd love to stay at Fort Wilderness with the little guys in one of the cabins, if I can ever pry them from their parents for a grandparents/grandkids only trip.

I know the fried chicken & ribs are very popular here. Photo courtesy of Disney Food Blog

I like that they also have a nice array of salads.

And who doesn't like a sweet after dinner treat?

We had such a great day, and had planned to walk through the RV campsites after dinner to check out all of the Halloween decorations, but decided we were pretty tired, and didn't feel like doing any more walking, so decided to boat over to Wilderness Lodge for a visit, and do a little shopping in the Mercantile. I just love Wilderness Lodge. It is my first love of all the Disney resorts. I wish I could live here.

It was an easy bus trip to HS from Wilderness, where we then took the Skyliner home, ready to rest up for another day of adventure tomorrow!

Up next, It's a Wild One!

Last edited:

weich1001

Wendi
Love the Spirit Jersey's...too bad you didn't get to wear them...I still am wearing one today in the Pocono's...the day before Mother's Day...you'd think by now we should all be wearing short sleeves regularly! Guess we should just be thankful we didn't get the snow they called for. In any case, the t-shirts looked great too!

Over the years, I have looked at ton of Food Pic's from F&W...and they just never seem to do it for me. I think I'd feel differently if we were actually able to go and experience it ourselves...but we have our own Gift Shop and there's no way we can go anywhere from Labor Day until MLK Day...just too busy. The Brat and Pretzel Roll reminded me of what we see when we make our trek to Germany. ..Big sausage, little pretzel roll, not much taste. The Ramen Noodles did look neat...DH likes ramen noodles but not sure he would eat cold ramen noodles. He's really, really a picky eater. Like I mentioned before, if he did a trip report, the McD's Breakfast would have been his highlight of the trip.

The pictures in front of the pumpkin are cute too. You and your sister are both very photogenic...don't worry about the pose, you both look great! Harry looked like the typical guy...first year you are together he'd do anything to get you on his lap...20 years later, OMG she's smushing me! I used to have a cookie jar that looked like that Mickey Jack-O-Lantern. I'd love to find another one someday and occasionally do see them pop up on e-bay but they want $200 for them now...for a cookie jar...seriously, I don't want it that bad! But glad to see the photo's.

Love your trip reports! Keep 'em coming. Hope you can go back there in July...sounds like they will at least be partially open but I think as soon as they can open fully up they will...they are bleeding way to much money at this point, not to.

TeresaNJ

Love the Spirit Jersey's...too bad you didn't get to wear them...I still am wearing one today in the Pocono's...the day before Mother's Day...you'd think by now we should all be wearing short sleeves regularly! Guess we should just be thankful we didn't get the snow they called for. In any case, the t-shirts looked great too!

Over the years, I have looked at ton of Food Pic's from F&W...and they just never seem to do it for me. I think I'd feel differently if we were actually able to go and experience it ourselves...but we have our own Gift Shop and there's no way we can go anywhere from Labor Day until MLK Day...just too busy. The Brat and Pretzel Roll reminded me of what we see when we make our trek to Germany. ..Big sausage, little pretzel roll, not much taste. The Ramen Noodles did look neat...DH likes ramen noodles but not sure he would eat cold ramen noodles. He's really, really a picky eater. Like I mentioned before, if he did a trip report, the McD's Breakfast would have been his highlight of the trip.

The pictures in front of the pumpkin are cute too. You and your sister are both very photogenic...don't worry about the pose, you both look great! Harry looked like the typical guy...first year you are together he'd do anything to get you on his lap...20 years later, OMG she's smushing me! I used to have a cookie jar that looked like that Mickey Jack-O-Lantern. I'd love to find another one someday and occasionally do see them pop up on e-bay but they want $200 for them now...for a cookie jar...seriously, I don't want it that bad! But glad to see the photo's.

Love your trip reports! Keep 'em coming. Hope you can go back there in July...sounds like they will at least be partially open but I think as soon as they can open fully up they will...they are bleeding way to much money at this point, not to.
We are freezing our you know what's off here, too! Seriously, this weather is crazy, and it is making me more depressed! I had written a small real life blurb before I started my most recent update, then erased it. I guess it helped just to get it out, but then I thought why bring other people down with me. This quarantine is getting to me though. We just had another 30 days of a stay home order placed on us, until June 6th now. I'm starting to forget what my grandkids look like!

My sister was so disappointed that we couldn't wear our Halloween Spirit Jerseys. She was like, I'm wearing mine anyway, who cares if I pass out from heat stroke! 😆 Thank you so much for the compliments! Funny how men are like that, right? Once the chase is over, they're all the same. ;)

I used to think I loved the F&W Festival more the the F&G, but as time has gone by I'm always more excited about F&G. Maybe because by that point I'm sick of winter, and just want some warmth and sunshine. We haven't been to the Poconos in years. The farthest we get up that way is Lancaster, which I love, and haven't been to in a few years also. Is your gift shop in the Poconos?

I've got everything crossed that the parks will be open for our July trip. If they are, it will be interesting to see how they're going to operate. I'm game to go no matter what, but my daughter is a little hesitant, since her little guy will be 21 months at the time of he trip, and she's still in hiding out mode over this virus.

• weich1001

Wendi
    We are freezing our you know what's off here, too! Seriously, this weather is crazy, and it is making me more depressed! I had written a small real life blurb before I started my most recent update, then erased it. I guess it helped just to get it out, but then I thought why bring other people down with me. This quarantine is getting to me though. We just had another 30 days of a stay home order placed on us, until June 6th now. I'm starting to forget what my grandkids look like!

My sister was so disappointed that we couldn't wear our Halloween Spirit Jerseys. She was like, I'm wearing mine anyway, who cares if I pass out from heat stroke! 😆 Thank you so much for the compliments! Funny how men are like that, right? Once the chase is over, they're all the same. ;)

I used to think I loved the F&W Festival more the the F&G, but as time has gone by I'm always more excited about F&G. Maybe because by that point I'm sick of winter, and just want some warmth and sunshine. We haven't been to the Poconos in years. The farthest we get up that way is Lancaster, which I love, and haven't been to in a few years also. Is your gift shop in the Poconos?

I've got everything crossed that the parks will be open for our July trip. If they are, it will be interesting to see how they're going to operate. I'm game to go no matter what, but my daughter is a little hesitant, since her little guy will be 21 months at the time of he trip, and she's still in hiding out mode over this virus.
    Gov. Wolf for the most part has opened up or is opening up the other side of the state into a "Yellow stage" whatever that really means...but we are still closed and expect to be for awhile yet. it doesn't really bother me, especially on these cold days, our tree's and spring flowers never really bloomed or got pretty this year like in past years. Unfortunately it just adds to the blahs. But then last weekend was very nice and warm and all you could think about was being out and about and sadly you just knew you couldn't. My youngest niece is in Barnegat, NJ - she's a teacher and said she is enjoying the peace and quiet of not having everything opened right now...but that she too is tired of the cold!

I could never do the Spirit Jersey's in the hot weather down there. The cleaners would be scraping me off the sidewalk like gum! I think they might feel good at night to watch the fireworks or ride the outdoor rides...might be nice just to have something on the arms vs. just the short sleeves.

It's amazing how much MSNSSHP costs nowadays...when I went in 2008 it was like $60 or so per person...it's a great event but that's alot of money for a few hours...my niece and her husband have 6 kids and they all went in 2018...those kids (now ages 5-15...the 15 year old is the biggest Disney Addict) are still talking about it!

I went to F&G about 10 years ago...didn't even realize it was a special time at Disney until about half-way thru the trip when I seen "a pin"...I just thought they always had the topiaries out, duh! But it has really evolved over the years! I love to see some of the pictures on Disboards and watch some of the vloggers on youtube and their coverage of the different events. Even if we can't get there...it's nice to still see.

Our Gift Shop is in the Pocono's but we are not allowed to be open right now. Fortunately, we have been selling online since we started in 2013, so we are weathering Covid 19 okay. We did have a moment of "oh crap" when Pres Trump initially announced the borders closed to Europe as we had merchandise arriving at the Port, any day, but then when his staff announced the next day, borders would stay open for freight, we had a huge sigh of relief!

The last time we were to Lancaster was two years ago for my 50th. We went down to see our old Pastor at his new church and then to Brunch at Millers Smorgasbord. We had been down several times that year as we were having a Shed built by an Amish family builder and it seemed like each time, we missed being able to stop at Miller's for some reason.

I think as soon as Disney gets the all clear and can figure out how to keep everyone relatively safe, they will open. Some things I just don't know how they are going to do it...like waterparks or just water rides. But Disney Springs is set to open some of the non-Disney owned shops and restaurants on May 20th...so that's a good sign. My oldest niece is the same way...they live in OH and are all feeling like they need a break from the homeschooling etc... and would like to go when they open (figuring to they will have good deals) but are hesitant...just in a case something should happen. They would love to do the camping cabins at Ft Wilderness but they would need two and they don't want to break up the family. They keep trying to talk me into giving them enough points for a "cabin" a Copper Creek for a week. :love1: It's certainly going to be a tough call for many families I'm sure.

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
    I just realized your dates are almost exactly the same as ours will be this year (30 Oct - 7 Nov). How were the crowds? We've never been in October but Casey is willing to give up so Halloween for Disney

Lesson learned. Let the pumpkins roll where they may, and let them stay!
    :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh Jason just asked me what I wanted for breakfast and I said nothing. Think its too late to order up one of these?

And the Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun – $6.75 Harry really liked this. I had a bite. I'm not a huge Bao bun fan, as I think they almost taste like raw dough, and I'd have preferred just shrimp and not chicken with it. It reminded me a little bit of teriyaki chicken. For the price you got a good serving.
    I'm with Harry on this one. I love me some bao buns and love me raw dough so I'm in heaven. This looks and sounds great

Now that's a weiner winner. Though it may be the strangest bun to weiner ratio I've ever seen

I have to remember not to pose sideways like this again! Not very flattering. I need to research on photo poses that make you look like you weigh 20lbs less!
    If you figure out a trick let me know :earboy2:

Funny this is exactly what we are currently planning to do on Halloween. Thought Ft. Wilderness would be fun so we currently have tickets to Hoop Dee Doo then I thought we'd explore the camp sites after dinner.

Mich123

DIS Veteran
    Just catching up on your great report, it’s a welcome diversion! You and your sister are so cute together! My last trip was with my brother and his family (and my family) and I have to say that there’s something special about vacationing in WDW with a sibling. My brother and I had a fun morning together at MK and it was so nice to catch up and reminisce about our childhood trips to the World.

I’m looking forward to more of your report! Hopefully it will warm up this week. Happy Mother’s Day!!

TeresaNJ

I just realized your dates are almost exactly the same as ours will be this year (30 Oct - 7 Nov). How were the crowds? We've never been in October but Casey is willing to give up so Halloween for Disney

The crowds weren't bad at all, surprisingly, considering it was also the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon, as well as going in to Jersey week. If you do the MK on party days, it's virtually empty. We're going to miss you this year. Our dates are October 15th-24th. :sad1:One of these trips we'll connect!

Oh Jason just asked me what I wanted for breakfast and I said nothing. Think its too late to order up one of these?

If only Grub Hub could figure out how to transport between states!

I'm with Harry on this one. I love me some bao buns and love me raw dough so I'm in heaven. This looks and sounds great

If it was fried dough, then we'd be talking!

Now that's a weiner winner. Though it may be the strangest bun to weiner ratio I've ever seen

I know, right?

If you figure out a trick let me know :earboy2:

I'm working on it!

Funny this is exactly what we are currently planning to do on Halloween. Thought Ft. Wilderness would be fun so we currently have tickets to Hoop Dee Doo then I thought we'd explore the camp sites after dinner.

Going on Mischief Night & Halloween is the best! We did Hoop Dee Doo a few years ago on Mischief Night, and it was the best! There was a roped off area where the Headless Horseman rode his horse back and forth amidst fog & cornstalks. It was so cool! Take time to walk around the RV area to see their decorations, and try to catch the Halloween golf cart parade!

Just catching up on your great report, it’s a welcome diversion! You and your sister are so cute together! My last trip was with my brother and his family (and my family) and I have to say that there’s something special about vacationing in WDW with a sibling. My brother and I had a fun morning together at MK and it was so nice to catch up and reminisce about our childhood trips to the World.

Thank you! It is the best! We have two more trips coming up together in the near future, assuming WDW will be open, so stay tuned!

I’m looking forward to more of your report! Hopefully it will warm up this week. Happy Mother’s Day!!

It's Monday, and I'm still freezing, but the rest of the week is supposed to be warmer! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

• Magical_Suitcase

aka: kid-at-heart
    ended up getting crazy glue all over my fingers!
    Ugh, I hate that feeling. I will pick at the glue until my skin comes off.

Love your shirts! You two are such cuties!

Boulangerie patisserie les Halles,
    My favorite place to eat breakfast or lunch. We always stop by at least once a trip.

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette –$5.00
    Uh, yea, not sure about this one. The cheese was pretty hard and congealed, and really, two teeny potatoes, and two teeny tiny pickles, and two pretty stale crunchy bread pieces? For $5, skip it.
    Does not look appetizing. The first time we attended the food fest was many years ago. Portions were large and tasty, price was reasonable. I am not sure if it is still a value??? That does not mean I still would not like to attend the Food and Wine fest, just that the value seems to have decreased.

Okay, this is more like it! From the China booth we got two dishes, the Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles – $6.75 This was really good! If you love garlic, and you love shrimp, and you love noodles, get it! It's fairly pricy, but the shrimp were a nice size, and cooked perfectly, and the noodles were a little spicy! Very happy with this!
    Love garlic, (in fact, we grow it and sell it from our mini-farm), love shrimp and love noodles so this would probably be something I would buy.

TeresaNJ

I have loved reading your dining reports. They have been a bright spot in my day these past few weeks.
    Thank you so much! I'm so glad I've been able to brighten your day. I totally understand the feeling. I've been having a really hard time these past few weeks, too. I just start crying out of the clear blue. I was going to say crying for no reason, but that's not true. I know exactly why I'm crying, and I'm not generally a sad or depressed person. I miss my grandkids, and my kids, and the rest of my family, and my friends, and life as we knew it. 494472

Ugh, I hate that feeling. I will pick at the glue until my skin comes off.

Same, and that's exactly what I did all day until the glue was gone, and my fingers were raw.

Love your shirts! You two are such cuties!

Thank you!

My favorite place to eat breakfast or lunch. We always stop by at least once a trip.

I am so glad we took the time to eat there for the first time, two years ago!

Does not look appetizing. The first time we attended the food fest was many years ago. Portions were large and tasty, price was reasonable. I am not sure if it is still a value??? That does not mean I still would not like to attend the Food and Wine fest, just that the value seems to have decreased.

It is definitely not a value anymore. It's fun to try new things, but we usually share, as the cost would run pretty high, otherwise, and I'd rather spend the money to sit and have a good meal.

Love garlic, (in fact, we grow it and sell it from our mini-farm), love shrimp and love noodles so this would probably be something I would buy.

I love garlic! Having Italian grandparents straight off the boat, it's always been a central factor in our meals. My husband just planted it in our garden for the first time this year. It will be interesting to see if it grows correctly. He's the gardener, not me, so I don't know a thing about planting or harvesting it. I just cook with it!

TeresaNJ

Has anyone seen my rickshaw?... Day 4, Friday, November 1, 2019, Part 1

There was no rushing to get out the door this morning. I took my Halloween decorations down, and tried to put up Christmas ones in the window, but didn't have much success. I had gotten window clings, but they just wouldn't stick, no matter what I did. Again, Dollar Store merchandise. Don't get me wrong, I love a good bargain, but sometimes you have to realize you get what you pay for. I did put up my Christmas lights, though. Still disappointing. Our first FP wasn't until 12:30, and we were having what some call Linner, a late lunch/early dinner, so we had coffee in the room, and then planned on a few breakfast treats & snacks when we got to AK.

We arrived to AK around 9:30ish. I love this park so so much. I know it's pretty much a love it or leave it kind of park, but I could spend days here just walking around, and finding little nooks and crannies to sit and chill out. My brother and SIL always swear it's hotter in this park than the others, but I don't see it. There is so much foliage to block out the sun, unlike Epcot, where you're pretty much baking on those bright & sunny 90+ degree days.

I love the stores at AK, don't you? Not sure if this is Island Mercantile or Discovery Trading Company, but yesterday was Halloween and today it's Christmas! Of course, my sister and I couldn't resist walking through on our way to Africa.

My fav place for my favorite sweet treat in AK, which I did not get this morning. :confused: I'm not sure why. Maybe I was trying to conserve calories for our linner?

Danish chocolate twist, cheese and guava, or cheese $3.99 I opted for just the chocolate twist, please. This is almost like the Cheshire Cat Tail in the MK, and tastes pretty much the same. It was very good. Nice & flaky, not too sweet, just not as good as the Colossal Mickey Cinnamon Roll.

We also shared the Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit $6.99 This was just okay. The whole thing was on the dry side. It satisfied our hunger for the time being.

Since we still had a few hours until our Safari FP, we thought we'd take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. My sister had never done this before, and I always like showing people new discoveries at WDW! I kept saying to my sister, how have you never done this? There were just so many things she'd never done! After thinking about it, she wasn't a Disney fanatic like the rest of us until a few years ago, after my grandchildren were born. She didn't go to WDW with us when my kids were young. Not sure why. Like I said previously, she was childless, led a much more glamorous life than I did, and just socialized in different circles. I don't think she went to WDW other than her Senior trip, until my kids were in their late teens, when she came with us. She also went on a few family trips with us, including my brother and his family who had also bought DVC, when my kids were in their 20s. My eldest son just turned 40! Yikes! How the heck did that happen, and how am I going to be 64 in September? I digress. When on large family trips though, it's easy to miss a lot.

This trip took place in October 2006. We had just moved to Kissimmee for my husband's job, and all my kids, and my brother & his family, and my sister, minus Vince (poor guy misses so many trips due to being a teacher), came for a vacation. They stayed at our house for a few days, and then we moved over to Saratoga Springs Resort. My younger son got engaged on this trip!

My nephew Dom, when he was well and whole, was on the trip, as well as his friend, Nick, and my now daughter-in-law's brother, also named Dom. You can read about my nephew, Dom, in my signature link. From left to right, my son, Mike, his wife Steph, Steph's brother Dom, Harry, me, my sister, my brother Nick behind my sister, Nick's wife Jenny next to my sister, my nephew Dom, and his friend Nick behind him. Wow, all these same names! My daughter, Lauren, didn't come on the trip as she was in college, and my son Joe, who was on this trip, was doing something else this evening with a friend who also came to visit, who lived in Florida at the time.

It wasn't until I convinced my sister to do a girls' trip in December 2012 to celebrate my being done with all my cancer treatments, that she started to see what I saw. I always tell WDW naysayers that if they went on a trip with me, they'd change their minds. They just don't know all that WDW has to offer, nor do they know how to plan or tour the parks. Then two years ago, after doing another girls' trip with me and a friend in May 2017, she started thinking about buying in to DVC. She saw me take some of my grandkids on a December 2017 trip, and what fun we had, and that pushed her over the edge. She hasn't looked back since, and is talking about buying a second DVC contract!

December 2012 trip. We did a split stay at Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk Villas. This was such a fun trip, and we did a lot of firsts for my sister, including the Grand Floridian Tea, MVMCP with the dessert party, The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (who else is so sad that went away?) and eating dinner at BOG, which had recently opened.

My hair was just starting to grow back, and came in curly! The curls left after about six months, sad to say.

May 2017 WDW trip with my BFF Kathy, and my sister. We had a great time on this trip, too, other than when my sister and Kathy were bickering. You'd think they were teenage siblings on this trip! I've talked about this before in my other reports, but in case you missed it, short story is Kathy and I have been friends since our kids were babies, so over 30 years. My sister is also friendly with Kathy, from being at family gatherings, but they don't hang out together. My sister and I planned this trip, and when Kathy got wind of it, which my sister is the one who let the cat out of the bag, Kathy wanted to join in. I wasn't planning on asking Kathy because I'm smart, and I know how my sister is, and I know how Kathy is, and I didn't think they'd be good vacationing buddies, and I was right. Kathy is very laid back, VERY. My sister is a VERY hyper type A. VERY. I can go with the flow. I've been to WDW enough times that I can bend to other's likes/dislikes, and will do whatever they want to do, tour however they want to tour. At one point I thought Mary Ann and Kathy were going to come to fisticuffs, and Mare was threatening to cut her trip short and head to the airport! Yikes! Thankfully, they smoothed things over, and the rest of the trip went fine. My sister to this day swears she'll never go on another trip with Kathy. I've been on a trip with just Kathy & I to WDW, too, in May of 2013, and we did a split stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani & Jambo House. We had an awesome time, laughed and laughed, and that's when I discovered how much I liked doing girls' trips!

May 2013 trip. Kathy is a hoot, as you can see from these pics! My sister is not a hoot, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just that hoots and not hoots shouldn't live or vacation together!

Kathy being force fed her veggies at 50s Prime Time!

Okay, back to this dining report! We were just in time to catch the 10:45 train out of Harambe!

Wait. Why am I the only one wearing ears in this pic? I'll tell you why. Because my sister wife didn't have a pair that she considered AK themed, and didn't go with her khaki pants and white AK logo pullover, specifically selected to wear to AK, so she didn't wear any! Wow, my bangs are so short! Actually, my hair was much shorter than I like. I had just had it "trimmed" and highlighted, and normally my hair stylist, who is also a friend (bad combo, don't do that, because then you won't tell them when you're not happy), was not paying attention, or I don't know what the heck she was doing, but I told her I wanted more layers, but I didn't mean 2" long layers! I'm still growing it out seven months later! I'm a previous hair stylist, did it for 15 years before going back to school to become an RN when I was in my mid 30s, so I can give myself trims, and color my own hair, which is what I've been doing since this super short cut, and the quarantine, of course.

It was a pretty cloudy morning.

My grandsons did this on their February trip this year, and really enjoyed it. It looks fun, but I kind of miss the rainforest rooms, and how they used to bring live insects and animals out and give lessons about them.

Tiny but deadly!

Much prettier & cuter than a crocodile, don't you think?

After our train ride back to Africa, I was feeling like I needed an iced coffee, but didn't feel like walking back to Creature Comforts aka Starbucks, so we got the Iced Coffee French vanilla or mocha $4.79 from Kusafiri. Don't do this. It was not good. I couldn't even drink half. Yuck. Bitter. Couldn't even taste the french vanilla. The Joffrey's Shakin Jamaican is still the winner for iced coffees in my book!

I also stopped at the Harambe Fruit Market, but not for fruit. We're in WDW. We don't do healthy here!

I was craving some salty chewy goodness with the requisite yellow cheese! Not as great as a Philly pretzel, but darn near close! Have you heard I love soft pretzels? I gave up gluten for about ten years, when I first started having health issues, and no one could diagnose me. I gave it up totally, and I started feeling so much better. My muscle and joint pain got so much better. I've slipped off the gluten free wagon this past year, and I convinced myself it wasn't affecting me, but for the last month or so I've been in a ton of pain again. Stress also makes it worse, and this lockdown/isolation situation is definitely stressful, so I was trying to convince myself that that is why I'm having all this difficulty again, and that it's not because I'm eating gluten. I finally had to come to terms with myself, and stop eating it again. So far it's only been about three days, so too soon to tell if it's helping. It took about 4-6 weeks of being gluten free the first time before I felt a change. Looking at this pretzel picture is making me so sad, but if I have to give gluten up again, I have to do it. Feeling crappy all the time isn't an option.

It was time for our safari, and lots of babies were out today!

And coincidentally, my daughter sent me this cute pic of my littlest grandson, Leo, while we were on safari, which is how it ended up in this digital photo album!

I was still in a picking and shopping mood after our safari, and it was still too early for lunch, so we stopped in at another of my favorite AK stores, Mombasa Marketplace. I always seem to find something to spend my money on here. I eventually wound my way back to Zuri's Sweets Shop, which is on the back end of the marketplace, to see if anything caught my fancy. I ended up buying a peanut butter haystack, and some confetti popcorn.

Haystack $3.99 I didn't like it. I think it is potato sticks stuck together with peanut butter. I like potato sticks, and I like peanut butter. I didn't like them together. I do love chocolate covered potato chips though!

I LOVED this! Salty and sweet, my favorite combination, and I love popcorn, so win win! My sister, the former dental hygienist, did not approve of my choices. Too bad, so sad. Not. :rolleyes: :laughing:

To be continued! Still looking for my rickshaw!

Last edited:
  • kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
    Great trip down memory lane! It is evident that Disney is your happy place. Glad to see your sister finally joined the club too :D

TeresaNJ

Just wanted to pop in to say how much I enjoy your reports! :-)

Aww, thank you so much, that means a lot!

Great trip down memory lane! It is evident that Disney is your happy place. Glad to see your sister finally joined the club too :D

I love looking at Disney pics from past trips! It's been fun seeing Casey grow up over the years through your Dining Reports. Before you know it you'll be writng about trips with your grandkids! :laughing: :flower3: My sister is so hooked she's talking about buying another DVC!

TeresaNJ

Has anyone seen my rickshaw?... Day 4, Friday, November 1, 2019, Part 2

Real life update:

I feel like it's been forever since I've last written, and it has been 3 1/2 weeks, so I guess that is a while. I've been having a hard time getting in a happy Disney mindset, which is what I need to be in, in order to write. To put it bluntly, I've been feeling rather sad and depressed, as I'm sure many are during these crazy & uncertain times. Living in NJ doesn't make things any easier either. We're in the southern half, but are lumped in with North Jersey/NYC, so our restrictions during this period in time are the same as theirs, which I feel is totally unfair. We still can't dine in restaurants, not even outside dining. That's supposed to start in a few more weeks. Salons will be opening then, too, but not nail salons. Why on earth not??? If I can get a haircut, why can't I get a pedicure? I just want to go out to eat or to the movies. I want my grandkids to be able to sleep over again. I'm all for it, but their parents are big scaredy cats, and "just need a few more weeks". Sheesh. I totally hate this. I know I'm whining, but it's my DR, and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to, whine if I want to...la la la la... Yes, I'm losing it! :rotfl:

As you know if you've been reading along, our original WDW trip for early May got cancelled, and we rescheduled for July 11-18th. We were supposed to be at Boulder Ridge Villas, but had to book Saratoga Springs Resort, as that was all that was available that we could book point wise, since we needed a 2BR, and 2BRs in July are many more points than in May. Fast forward to a little over a week ago when Disney put out their info regarding reduced park hours, limited park attendance, reservations needed to get in the parks, etc, and both my daughter and daughter-in-law backed out of the trip. That means my grandsons, Leo, who is 20 months, and Gavin, who is 7, are no longer going with us either. :sad: It's bad enough that I've barely seen them over the last three months, but we were so looking forward to spending time in WDW with them, and now that's gone, too. I totally understand and don't blame them for not wanting to go. It is a lot of money to spend for reduced everything, and so much unknown with it all up in the air. It just made me really really sad. The only bright side is that now we didn't need a 2BR anymore since it's just me, my husband, and my sister going, (another sister wife dining report on the horizon!) so we were able to cancel the 2BR and book a 1BR at Boulder Ridge! I was super happy about that, because just in case we have to spend a lot of time at the resort, at least it's a really pretty one, with lots of relaxing nooks and crannies to hang out in, not to mention the added bonus of Bay Lake and Geyser Point Bar & Grill! I'm not opposed to spending hours staring at the lake while drinking some tasty beverages.

My sister has also had some craziness going on. About a month ago she noticed she seemed to be losing a lot of hair when washing it, and within a week she was almost completely bald! She has had alopecia areata off and on since she was a kid, but never like this, and she hasn't had an episode in years. Normally she'll lose hair in a spot, and as that grows in, another spot forms, and kind of travels around her head. This time it was her entire head! I've been spending a lot of time making face masks for family and friends, and now I'm making her head scarves! She does have quite a few auto-immune issues like cold weather urticaria, asthma, eczema, and a severe corn allergy (do you have any idea how many things have corn in it?, almost everything). So far she's had appointments with her family doctor, two endocrinologists, (the first one was a donkey's behind), and a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss, plus lots of lab work. The only finding so far is her iron level is extremely high, so now she also has to see a hematologist. She's trying hard not to freak out about it. The most recent endocrinologist doesn't think it's her thyroid, but is running some other tests, and he's wondering if it could be chemically induced hair loss. She did use a new hair color about a week before this happened, so who knows? Naturally, she can't wait until our vacation, even if it won't be like a normal Disney vacation. She just wants to get away from it all, not think about work or anything else stressful, and breath. For a minute (a very quick minute) she considered having her husband come with us to WDW, since there would now be room since the kids weren't coming, but then she was like, nope, he's been off since March (he's a teacher), and she has never stopped working, and decided she needed a vacay from him, too, and he can just wait until October when the four of us are going. Can't say I blame her. Her husband is a great guy, but sort of, probably, has the adult version of ADHD, so when he's around, it's far from relaxing!

I went to Walmart today, only the second time since the lockdowns, and I bought lots of vacation items like travel size toiletries, and other things I needed for the trip. That really cheered me up, so when I got home I decided it was time for another dining update! I'd like to finish this one before we head out to the next trip, which is now only 34 days away. Yippee!!!

Where did Rickshaw Rickie go?

It was finally time for linner, and we were eating at one of our very favorite restaurants in Animal Kingdom, as well as all of Walt Disney World, Yak & Yeti! I think we eat here almost every trip, and I can honestly say we've never had a bad meal. Sometimes the service can be a little slow, but we love the food, and the atmosphere. A few years ago I had a drink here that I absolutely loved, and it was called a Rickshaw Rickie. I don't like anything that tastes like alcohol, and I don't like beer or wine. I also don't like things with a fruity or floral taste, so Margaritas or Pina Colavas are my normal go to at WDW if I'm having an adult beverage. Since we have a Landry's card we didn't have to wait long at all, thank goodness, as every time we come here it seems busier and busier. After being seated our server asked what we'd like to drink. I was so bummed that the Rickshaw Rickie was nowhere on the drink menu. I mentioned it to the server how much I had liked it, and she said no worries, we can make you one. How's that for some pixie dust! I had to look up the ingredients online, and here it is: Rickshaw Rickie (Skyy Vodka, Cointreau, Muddled oranges and lime, and Sprite). I can only conclude that my tastes in alcohol have no rhyme or reason, since Pina Colavas are made with rum, Margaritas with tequila, and Rickshaw Rickies with Vodka! Oh yea, I also love Bloody Mary's made with Absolut Peppar Vodka, so that's two for vodka!

Rickshaw Rickie, isn't it pretty! I love it, not too sweet, and super refreshing!

Aww, we're so happy! I love my honey, and I love my sister, and I'm so glad we get to make so many happy memories. We're very lucky. It looks like my sister is drinking some type of margarita as I see what looks like a salt rim. Harry is the king of boring drinks. When he isn't ordering black coffee, he's having unsweetened iced tea and water.

Bring on the food! This beauty is the Ahi Tuna Nachos for Two- sushi grade ahi tuna, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, sweet soy glaze $17.99 I don't even know how to adequately describe this other than to say just get it! Of course if you don't like sushi, then don't, but if you do, this is a must. It is just so so delicious! So fresh, so tasty, just perfect. My mouth is watering now looking at this picture, and I'm hoping so hard Y&Y is open when we're there in July. We arrive the day the parks open, Saturday July 11th, and only AK & MK are opening that day, with Epcot and HS opening on the 15th. We've decided we're going to AK on arrival day, MK the next day, and then alternating again on Monday & Tuesday, Epcot Wednesday and Friday, and only one day at HS, on Thursday. It looks like park hopping won't be happening, and the parks are closing early, so I think we're going to need some kind of dining reservations for dinner. It's impossible to plan much since we don't know what will be open in the parks. So far only some restaurants in the DVC resorts have been announced as opening, and several in Disney Springs.

So when Harry was in the Army he was stationed in Korea where he developed a love of bibimbap, a Korean rice bowl topped with an assortment of vegetables and meat and served with a gochujang sauce. Imagine his delight and surprise when he saw it on the menu. This one is made with beef, and soft yolked eggs. It's not on my receipt, so must be on my sister's, as we split everything up on to two bills. I'll have to remember to take a photo of her receipts next trip. I also can't find this anywhere on Y&Ys current menu anymore, so can't give you a precise description. All I know is that he was very happy with his choice.

This is House Fried Rice $12.79 Don't ask me why we ordered this. It's fried rice for crying out loud, that we can get at home anytime, but not pay almost $13 for it. Our eyes are always bigger than our stomachs when we're at Disney. It tasted like fried rice, lol.

One of our other favorites at Y&Y is their Dragon Roll, and we get it each and every time we eat here, except it wasn't on the menu! Say what??? How could they get rid of this? People love it! What the heck! Okay, so instead they had the Dragon Roll Bowl. They were in some kind of weird bowl phase back in the fall, as now this is no longer on the menu either, but neither is the Dragon Roll. I'm going to be annoyed if it's not back in some form on our upcoming trip. So according to my receipt this was $26.99. Huh? Wow, did I see that right? I just got new glasses. Let me look again. Yes, it's right. Wow! That seems a little pricey, don't you think? I'm pretty certain the Dragon Roll was no where near that price. No wonder it's off the menu. Hardly anyone probably ordered it. I remember liking this a lot. So I found the description on the Y&Y FB page from October 25th, 2019, which was a week before we were there.
    Dragon Roll Bowl- Spicy Tuna | Dynamite Crab | Teriyaki Salmon | Cucumbers | Edamame | Carrots | Mango | Tempura Crunch over Sushi Rice

I'm starting to get a little embarrassed about the amount of food we ordered! :o I guess because this was technically two meals in one, and we weren't planning on getting dinner we thought we'd better store up, like we were going to be hibernating or something. I also saw on my receipt that we had a $25 discount for my birthday that everyone who has a Landry's card gets, so maybe we were trying to get our money's worth. :confused: :teeth:

Here we have your very hard to find, one of a kind Pork Egg Rolls with chili plum dipping sauce $10.29 Not so great today. Kind of greasy, kind of crunchy, not even the chili plum sauce could save them. Oh well, two misses out of five isn't too bad. I'm chalking the fried rice up as a miss, too. It wasn't bad, just not worth the money. The drinks, the two bowls, and the ahi tuna nachos though were worth it.

We spent the rest of the late afternoon walking off some of what we ate, enjoying the sights and sounds, doing some shopping, and calling it an early evening, as we had to be up early the next day.

Up next, we're having a fancy schmancy breakfast, Oui Oui!

Last edited:

TeresaNJ

Mangez Bien Riez Souvent Aimez Beaucoup!
    Day 5, Saturday, November 2, 2019

That is my kind of saying! In English is means “Eat well, laugh often, love abundantly.” This was the morning we had been waiting for, for months! We were out the door and on our way by 8am, to arrive at our destination by 9. It was another gorgeous morning. I have to say again, we really lucked out with the weather on this trip. I think it sprinkled for one afternoon for about an hour, and that was it.

The line for the Skyliner was pretty much empty, and it was just sitting there waiting for us. For as much as I protested using this means of transportation prior to arriving to WDW, I found it to be the quickest and most convenient way to get to Epcot and HS from our resort. As long as we kept moving, and I didn't look down, I was cool with it! Thankfully, the few times it stopped enroute weren't long enough to swear me off of it forever. I'm glad my sister convinced me to give it a try!

Haha, Harry looks like he's becoming shell shocked from too much sister wives company!

We're so happy that we're on our way to doing our favorite activity when on WDW vacations, which is eating! Anyone know where we're going yet? Harry & I have been three times previously, but it will be a first for my sister.

I can see our destination in the background!

Oh my gosh, it's just so beautiful! This is why I love going to WDW over and over and over. You can't just explain this feeling to people. If they haven't experienced it themselves, or they just can't slow down enough to appreciate it, then there's no getting them to understand it. Claude Debussy's beautiful musical score that plays throughout Impressions de France is running through my head right now. I even have it for my ring tone.
    From Wikipedia: Impressions de France is one of the original Epcot park attractions, which has been playing every day since the park opened in 1982. It is also recognized, by the Guinness World Records as holding the world record for the "longest running daily screening of a film in the same theater."[1] The film sweeps pavilion guests into a tour of the French countryside, major cities, various regions and important structures. Set to a musical score written and arranged by Buddy Baker (composer), the film encompasses the music of classical French composers such as Claude Debussy and Camille Saint-Saëns.[2] The film is the work of director Rick Harper[3] and written and co-produced by two-time Academy Award nominee Bob Rogers.[3][4][5] The film's aerial views, mixed with closer views, include, the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe, the French Alps, Versailles, scenes from Cannes, Notre Dame de Paris and scenes from Normandy. The movie is presented with a lively classical soundtrack and narrated by Claude Gobet.

And we're finally here for Les Chefs de France's Parisian Breakfast that takes places on most Saturdays throughout the International Food & Wine Festival, from 9:15 to 10:45AM. The cost is $45 (plus tax) per person. This is the best almost $50 bucks I've spent during the festival. You're handed a mimosa as you enter the restaurant, and are led to your table. Let it be noted that if you are a party of one or two, you will most likely be sitting with other people, as there are a limited number of tables for two. Out of the four times we've now been to this event we were seated with another couple twice. One of the couples barely looked at us let alone talk to us, but the other couple was lovely and we had a really nice time getting to know them. Let it also be noted that the mimosas are bottomless, and you don't ever need to ask for a refill, as the wait staff are constantly refilling.

Per the Disney Food Blog review:
    The buffet is made up of a variety of pastries — both sweet and savory, charcuterie, and accompaniments. These are all options you can find in one of our favorite Quick Service Restaurants, Les Halls Boulangerie Patisserie, so you know they’re gonna be good. All of the baguettes are made from scratch every 48 hours. Are you drooling yet? Then just wait until we look at all of the options:

There are so many more amazing photos on the DFB review, so I'm just going to link their blog post here. Go check it out if you're considering this event on a future trip. My fingers and everything else is crossed that it will be back this fall, as well as the F&W Festival! The following pics are a few of our plates. Can I just say everything was amazing, and delicious, and yummy, and fresh, and worth every cent! Can you tell how excited I am just talking about it?

Sufficiently stuffed and satiated, we rolled on out of there and leisurely walked around World Showcase.

Do not ask me what my sister and I thought was going to happen. Get wet, perhaps? I laugh every time I look at this photo!

After a few hours of walking, shopping, and doing some attractions, we wanted to sit for a bit and relax, so we went to one of our favorite World Showcase pavilions to do that, Japan, and while there we got a Kakigori. These are little spoonfuls of chilly sweetness when you're feeling hot and tired. Kakigori- Shaved ice topped with fruit syrups: choice of strawberry, melon, cherry, tangerine, blue raspberry or rainbow (three flavors) $4.50 You can find them at the Kabuki Cafe stand right at the front of the pavilion. We sit out back at the covered tables by the bonsai garden. Pure heaven.

We got back to Pop around 4, which gave us enough time to get ready for our dinner at Disney Springs. None of us had eaten here before, and were really looking forward to it.

Things started out well. We didn't have to wait long before being seated, and bread and olive oil to dip was brought out right away. The bread was crusty and chewy and delicious. Our server took our drink & food orders, left, and that's the last time we saw anyone for almost 30 minutes. We were also seated right next to a serving station in the middle of the room, so servers were constantly bumping into the backs of our chairs as they were trying to squeeze by holding their loaded trays. It was the most annoying thing ever.

Finally after trying to flag someone down, you'd think with all those staff roaming around we could have gotten someone's attention, but they barely made eye contact with us, we got our drinks, and after waiting another 20 minutes, we got our food. So I'm looking at the timestamps on my photos, and the bread was brought out at 5:30, and the first food to hit the table was at 6:19. Totally unacceptable. I got the eggplant parm with a side of spaghetti. It was underwhelming. I love eggplant parm. I make it a lot at home, and order it out fairly often. This did not taste like what I was expecting from an Italian restaurant, even it is a Disney one. It reminded me of a frozen dinner. The spaghetti was so dry, with barely a hint of sauce on it. So disappointing.

And seriously, could the portion be any smaller. The presentation was awful. It looks like a kids side of spaghetti thrown in a dirty bowl, or someone's leftovers.

At least my sister's dish looked better than mine. I'm not sure what it is, & I don't know where the receipt went. It looks like a pork dish, but I can't find it anywhere on the updated menu. Mary Ann wasn't complaining too much because she was a few glasses of wine in at this point!

Not sure what this is either, other than some type of penne dish. The one penne dish on the menu now does not match this photo. Again, it looks very dry, and unappetizing. Harry ate it though, because at this point we had waited so long for our food, and we were so annoyed with the seating situation that we just wanted to get out of there. It will be a long time before we come back here to eat again. We did voice our concerns to the manager about our poor service. She couldn't have cared less. A simple apology would have gone a long way. Okay then. We'll just take our business elsewhere. One of the main reasons we decided to eat here was because Harry was running the half marathon the next morning, so he didn't want to eat anything heavy or greasy, but did want to eat some carbs, and we also really really wanted to eat here. Oh well. Can't win them all. We were out of Disney Springs by 7:30 and on our way home so Harry could get his beauty rest for the race in the morning,

Up next, Mele Kelikimaka

Attachments

Last edited:

ThreeBoyMama

DIS Veteran
    Well that was a lackluster meal for sure! I hate that they seat people at tables like that. If there isn't room for the servers to go by, don't put a table there!

The Parisian breakfast looks sooooo good. I would love to do that some day.

Glad you found some happy space to write a couple of updates. I know it's probably hard to muster the energy to do it, but I certainly appreciate the distraction and your reports always make me laugh :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.