The dining report that no longer was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Spirit Jersey's...too bad you didn't get to wear them...I still am wearing one today in the Pocono's...the day before Mother's Day...you'd think by now we should all be wearing short sleeves regularly! Guess we should just be thankful we didn't get the snow they called for. In any case, the t-shirts looked great too!

Over the years, I have looked at ton of Food Pic's from F&W...and they just never seem to do it for me. I think I'd feel differently if we were actually able to go and experience it ourselves...but we have our own Gift Shop and there's no way we can go anywhere from Labor Day until MLK Day...just too busy. The Brat and Pretzel Roll reminded me of what we see when we make our trek to Germany. ..Big sausage, little pretzel roll, not much taste. The Ramen Noodles did look neat...DH likes ramen noodles but not sure he would eat cold ramen noodles. He's really, really a picky eater. Like I mentioned before, if he did a trip report, the McD's Breakfast would have been his highlight of the trip.

The pictures in front of the pumpkin are cute too. You and your sister are both very photogenic...don't worry about the pose, you both look great! Harry looked like the typical guy...first year you are together he'd do anything to get you on his lap...20 years later, OMG she's smushing me! I used to have a cookie jar that looked like that Mickey Jack-O-Lantern. I'd love to find another one someday and occasionally do see them pop up on e-bay but they want $200 for them now...for a cookie jar...seriously, I don't want it that bad! But glad to see the photo's.

Love your trip reports! Keep 'em coming. Hope you can go back there in July...sounds like they will at least be partially open but I think as soon as they can open fully up they will...they are bleeding way to much money at this point, not to.

We are freezing our you know what's off here, too! Seriously, this weather is crazy, and it is making me more depressed! I had written a small real life blurb before I started my most recent update, then erased it. I guess it helped just to get it out, but then I thought why bring other people down with me. This quarantine is getting to me though. We just had another 30 days of a stay home order placed on us, until June 6th now. I'm starting to forget what my grandkids look like!

My sister was so disappointed that we couldn't wear our Halloween Spirit Jerseys. She was like, I'm wearing mine anyway, who cares if I pass out from heat stroke! 😆 Thank you so much for the compliments! Funny how men are like that, right? Once the chase is over, they're all the same. ;)

I used to think I loved the F&W Festival more the the F&G, but as time has gone by I'm always more excited about F&G. Maybe because by that point I'm sick of winter, and just want some warmth and sunshine. We haven't been to the Poconos in years. The farthest we get up that way is Lancaster, which I love, and haven't been to in a few years also. Is your gift shop in the Poconos?

I've got everything crossed that the parks will be open for our July trip. If they are, it will be interesting to see how they're going to operate. I'm game to go no matter what, but my daughter is a little hesitant, since her little guy will be 21 months at the time of he trip, and she's still in hiding out mode over this virus.

Gov. Wolf for the most part has opened up or is opening up the other side of the state into a "Yellow stage" whatever that really means...but we are still closed and expect to be for awhile yet. it doesn't really bother me, especially on these cold days, our tree's and spring flowers never really bloomed or got pretty this year like in past years. Unfortunately it just adds to the blahs. But then last weekend was very nice and warm and all you could think about was being out and about and sadly you just knew you couldn't. My youngest niece is in Barnegat, NJ - she's a teacher and said she is enjoying the peace and quiet of not having everything opened right now...but that she too is tired of the cold!

I could never do the Spirit Jersey's in the hot weather down there. The cleaners would be scraping me off the sidewalk like gum! I think they might feel good at night to watch the fireworks or ride the outdoor rides...might be nice just to have something on the arms vs. just the short sleeves.

It's amazing how much MSNSSHP costs nowadays...when I went in 2008 it was like $60 or so per person...it's a great event but that's alot of money for a few hours...my niece and her husband have 6 kids and they all went in 2018...those kids (now ages 5-15...the 15 year old is the biggest Disney Addict) are still talking about it!

I went to F&G about 10 years ago...didn't even realize it was a special time at Disney until about half-way thru the trip when I seen "a pin"...I just thought they always had the topiaries out, duh! But it has really evolved over the years! I love to see some of the pictures on Disboards and watch some of the vloggers on youtube and their coverage of the different events. Even if we can't get there...it's nice to still see.

Our Gift Shop is in the Pocono's but we are not allowed to be open right now. Fortunately, we have been selling online since we started in 2013, so we are weathering Covid 19 okay. We did have a moment of "oh crap" when Pres Trump initially announced the borders closed to Europe as we had merchandise arriving at the Port, any day, but then when his staff announced the next day, borders would stay open for freight, we had a huge sigh of relief!

The last time we were to Lancaster was two years ago for my 50th. We went down to see our old Pastor at his new church and then to Brunch at Millers Smorgasbord. We had been down several times that year as we were having a Shed built by an Amish family builder and it seemed like each time, we missed being able to stop at Miller's for some reason.

I think as soon as Disney gets the all clear and can figure out how to keep everyone relatively safe, they will open. Some things I just don't know how they are going to do it...like waterparks or just water rides. But Disney Springs is set to open some of the non-Disney owned shops and restaurants on May 20th...so that's a good sign. My oldest niece is the same way...they live in OH and are all feeling like they need a break from the homeschooling etc... and would like to go when they open (figuring to they will have good deals) but are hesitant...just in a case something should happen. They would love to do the camping cabins at Ft Wilderness but they would need two and they don't want to break up the family. They keep trying to talk me into giving them enough points for a "cabin" a Copper Creek for a week. :love1: It's certainly going to be a tough call for many families I'm sure.

October 29- November 6, 2019
I just realized your dates are almost exactly the same as ours will be this year (30 Oct - 7 Nov). How were the crowds? We've never been in October but Casey is willing to give up so Halloween for Disney

Lesson learned. Let the pumpkins roll where they may, and let them stay!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

enhance
Oh Jason just asked me what I wanted for breakfast and I said nothing. Think its too late to order up one of these?

And the Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun – $6.75 Harry really liked this. I had a bite. I'm not a huge Bao bun fan, as I think they almost taste like raw dough, and I'd have preferred just shrimp and not chicken with it. It reminded me a little bit of teriyaki chicken. For the price you got a good serving.
I'm with Harry on this one. I love me some bao buns and love me raw dough so I'm in heaven. This looks and sounds great

Now that's a weiner winner. Though it may be the strangest bun to weiner ratio I've ever seen

I have to remember not to pose sideways like this again! Not very flattering. I need to research on photo poses that make you look like you weigh 20lbs less!
enhance
If you figure out a trick let me know :earboy2:

Funny this is exactly what we are currently planning to do on Halloween. Thought Ft. Wilderness would be fun so we currently have tickets to Hoop Dee Doo then I thought we'd explore the camp sites after dinner.

Just catching up on your great report, it’s a welcome diversion! You and your sister are so cute together! My last trip was with my brother and his family (and my family) and I have to say that there’s something special about vacationing in WDW with a sibling. My brother and I had a fun morning together at MK and it was so nice to catch up and reminisce about our childhood trips to the World.

I’m looking forward to more of your report! Hopefully it will warm up this week. Happy Mother’s Day!!

ended up getting crazy glue all over my fingers!

Ugh, I hate that feeling. I will pick at the glue until my skin comes off.

Love your shirts! You two are such cuties!

Boulangerie patisserie les Halles,

My favorite place to eat breakfast or lunch. We always stop by at least once a trip.

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette –$5.00
Uh, yea, not sure about this one. The cheese was pretty hard and congealed, and really, two teeny potatoes, and two teeny tiny pickles, and two pretty stale crunchy bread pieces? For $5, skip it.

Does not look appetizing. The first time we attended the food fest was many years ago. Portions were large and tasty, price was reasonable. I am not sure if it is still a value??? That does not mean I still would not like to attend the Food and Wine fest, just that the value seems to have decreased.

Okay, this is more like it! From the China booth we got two dishes, the Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles – $6.75 This was really good! If you love garlic, and you love shrimp, and you love noodles, get it! It's fairly pricy, but the shrimp were a nice size, and cooked perfectly, and the noodles were a little spicy! Very happy with this!

Love garlic, (in fact, we grow it and sell it from our mini-farm), love shrimp and love noodles so this would probably be something I would buy.

Great trip down memory lane! It is evident that Disney is your happy place. Glad to see your sister finally joined the club too :D

Well that was a lackluster meal for sure! I hate that they seat people at tables like that. If there isn't room for the servers to go by, don't put a table there!

The Parisian breakfast looks sooooo good. I would love to do that some day.

Glad you found some happy space to write a couple of updates. I know it's probably hard to muster the energy to do it, but I certainly appreciate the distraction and your reports always make me laugh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!