A Solo Trip: It's the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! Dec. 1-7, 2017! *COMPLETE 1/26*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort!
December 1-7, 2017!

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my next trip report! This trip will be a very special one for me. I am returning to my “hometown” area of Southern California where I will be spending several days at Disneyland, as well as, adventuring to other areas of Southern California. My Disneyland days wills consist of 4 1/2 days at the parks where I will try and experience as much of the Christmas activities as I possibly can. The reason why I booked for this particular time of the year was I wanted to witness the Disneyland Candlelight Processional. I am really excited about this trip!

A picture of Timon and I on one of my recent trips to Walt Disney World!

A LITTLE ABOUT ME…

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate? :confused3 So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

MY DISNEY TRIPS IN 2017:

• 5 trips to Walt Disney World
  • An 11-Night Southern Caribbean Disney Cruise on the Disney Fantasy
  • Three trips to Disneyland (This will be my fourth)
  • First time at the D23 Expo
  • First trip to Aulani

You can say I have had a crazy year of Disney travels!

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

Picture of Mickey, Minnie, and I on one of my recent trips to Walt Disney World!

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

Like I mentioned above, I am really excited to experience all of the Christmas offerings at the Disneyland Resort. Christmas time is my favorite time of the year to visit any of the Disney Parks, but I always feel like Disneyland celebrates this holiday the best.

I will be staying off-property at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. This is usually my go-to hotel when I am in the area. It’s much cheaper than staying on property, and the transportation from the hotel to the parks is reasonably priced. This hotel also has breakfast.

I will be experiencing other parts of Southern California during this trip, but you will have to stay tuned to see where I go.

I hope that you enjoy…A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort!

Last edited:
Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Live Updates (Pages 1-3)
Day 1: Travel Day!
4. Day 1: A Trip to Los Angeles!
5. Day 2: First Day at the Disneyland Resort! - Part 1!
6. Day 2: First Day at the Disneyland Resort - Part 2!
7. Day 2: Disneyland’s Candlelight Processional!!!
8. Day 2: First Day at the Disneyland Resort - Part 3!
9. Day 2: World of Color: Season of Light!
10. Day 2: Disneyland’s NEW Fantasmic!!!
11. Day 3: Second Day at the Disneyland Resort!
12. Day 3: Disneyland’s Candlelight Processional...Again!!!
13. Day 3: Believe…In Holiday Magic + NEW Fantasmic!!!
14. VIDEO - Disneyland Candlelight Processional Highlights!
15. Day 4: High and Fast Winds Hit Disneyland - Part 1!
16. Day 4: High and Fast Winds Hit Disneyland - Part 2!
17. Day 4: A Christmas Fantasy Parade - Part 1!
18. Day 4: A Christmas Fantasy Parade - Part 2!
19. Day 4: High and Fast Winds Hit Disneyland - Part 3!
20. Day 5: Happy Birthday Walt Disney!
21. Day 5: A Great Morning At Disneyland!
22. Day 5: Star Wars, Star Wars, And More Star Wars (Construction)!
23. Day 5: A Great Afternoon At Disneyland!
24. Day 5: High and Fast Winds (Continued)!
25. VIDEOS - Disneyland Resort Entertainment!
26. Day 6: Final Day At Disneyland - Part 1!
27. Day 6: Final Day At Disneyland - Part 2!
28. Day 6: Lets Go Ducks!!!
29. Day 7: Fun In The Sand, Sun, And Wind!
30. Day 7: Traveling Home!
31. Embassy Suites Anaheim South Review!
32. Bought Merchandise!
33. Conclusion! *NEW*

My Next Trip Report: Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World!

Last edited:

Jealous - but still going to read .:)
I'm sorry! :( Thanks for joining in though! :)

Joining i - can't wait to follow along and hope things work out for seeing Candlelight Procession, etc.
Thanks for joining in! I'm prepared to wait hours for the Candlelight Processional if I need to. I was once a Disneyland local, so I understand the "go and wait for hours" thing. I used to do that all the time for Paint the Night.

I got to see both performances of the Candlelight Processional tonight at Disneyland. It really is an amazing experience! :)

I’m seeing Fantasmic in a bit.

Cell phone reception is not really good in this park still.

Disneyland has also been really crowded today.

So, today was my sleep in day! I had been up at 6 a.m. the past couple days to make sure I was in Disneyland to catch the two days of the Candlelight Processional! I ended up seeing 3 of the 4 performances of the Candlelight Processional. I missed the 2nd show on Saturday, but instead of seeing the show, I saw the procession down Main Street. Seeing the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland made my trip. It was definitely worth coming out for. Just a lot of waiting, but it was worth it.

I am off to the Disneyland Resort again today!

If you see me, say hi! :)

Last edited:
I know this is a Disneyland trip report, but Walt Disney World can learn a lot from the Disneyland version of Fantasmic!

yeah, they just redid the one at DLR but would like to see some upgrades to the DHS one ... maybe they will address it after the other construction is down - can't see them taking something else "off line" right now though. I still love the one at DHS so hop they don't get rid of it for something completely new though

Glad you got to see the Candlelight Procession - it does look amazing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts