A Special 2018 Room Promotion for Oct 28th - Dec 20th is out

Well, I was hoping to stay at either the DLH or GCH in November, but those prices are still too high for us to justify it. With the price difference, we could take a whole other trip (which we're already planning lol). Oh well!

Are the room discounts for Jan/Feb usually better than this time of the year? I would guess they are, but not sure if anyone has any better idea?

Well, I was hoping to stay at either the DLH or GCH in November, but those prices are still too high for us to justify it. With the price difference, we could take a whole other trip (which we're already planning lol). Oh well!

Are the room discounts for Jan/Feb usually better than this time of the year? I would guess they are, but not sure if anyone has any better idea?
This will give you an idea of Disney's promotions for 2018 January to April
Promo 2017-10-25.JPG

Last year the promo's for January to April were announced on October 25th.
I've marked my calendar to remind me to check the website.

G
thanks ill mark my calendar too. we have a couples trip in January too so hopefully there is a discount for that.

thanks ill mark my calendar too. we have a couples trip in January too so hopefully there is a discount for that.
If you are planning trips in January, you might do what I do.
I book my room when I know my dates and wait for the promos to be announced.

The minute I find a promo for my dates, I call and ask the CM for an adjustment to the promo rate.
That way I know I'll have a room and hope for a credit to spend later.
It's always worked for me.

Good Luck

Geemo

Thanks to OP for posting this, I called costco last night and saved about $300!
$300 Score!!!

magic-wand-smiley1.gif

It's like magic and makes the call so rewarding when you save.

I'm all about ways to save on a Disney trip.

You're welcome and enjoy your trip

Geemo

The minute I find a promo for my dates, I call and ask the CM for an adjustment to the promo rate.

Good Luck

Geemo

I might do that too. I might stay at PP, but unsure yet. I will also be getting the AP when we go in December so maybe there will be more deals for APs

Good Luck

Geemo
This is what I do, too. It's also what I did for December and it has always worked for me before, but this year, for some reason, my dates had already sold out before the promo was announced so they wouldn't give me the discount difference for the room I booked pre-discount. I've never had that happen before and I've been doing it for ~10 years. We always go the first week of December. Why do you think that week booked up this year while the next week (Dec 10-13) has all kinds of promo availability? I can't change my dates because of other obligations and flights already booked.

This is what I do, too. It's also what I did for December and it has always worked for me before, but this year, for some reason, my dates had already sold out before the promo was announced so they wouldn't give me the discount difference for the room I booked pre-discount. I've never had that happen before and I've been doing it for ~10 years. We always go the first week of December. Why do you think that week booked up this year while the next week (Dec 10-13) has all kinds of promo availability? I can't change my dates because of other obligations and flights already booked.
Have you tried the ole' trick of calling again to see if a different CM will make the difference and find the promo rate for you?

Here's a little pixie dust to help out if you decide to try again.
smileys-free-download-1010.gif

Good Luck!

Geemo

Have you tried the ole' trick of calling again to see if a different CM will make the difference and find the promo rate for you?

Here's a little pixie dust to help out if you decide to try again.
smileys-free-download-1010.gif

Good Luck!

Geemo
:lovestruc You're a girl after my own heart! Yes, I called twice, but I have another call to make because I never stop until at least 3 tries :D I had some hope when the first CM called in a lead, but they tried and couldn't get the system to override or something. I'm also wondering if they might open up if people cancel so I'm going to keep checking.

ETA: I just made an assumption that you were female. My apologies if that is incorrect.

Ok, so I'm staying 3 nights at GCH. The promo rate won't apply because the middle night is sold out. The first and 3rd nights are promo eligible. What can I do?

There is a large pharmacy conference at the convention center the first week of December. The DLH and GCH convention rates are very good so this may be contributing somewhat. Lots of people come to this conference and bring the family. That said, I'm sure there are people holding rooms in the convention block that will end up cancelling. The date to cancel for the convention without penalty is Nov 2nd so I wouldn't be surprised if some stuff starts opening up in late October...

There is a large pharmacy conference at the convention center the first week of December. The DLH and GCH convention rates are very good so this may be contributing somewhat. Lots of people come to this conference and bring the family. That said, I'm sure there are people holding rooms in the convention block that will end up cancelling. The date to cancel for the convention without penalty is Nov 2nd so I wouldn't be surprised if some stuff starts opening up in late October...
Thank you! That's just what the CM said on the phone last night, though she didn't know about a specific conference, just that there are blocks of rooms held and at some point they often release them if they don't use them all. I'll keep checking

Fabulous! Thank you for this thread. I called to cancel our existing reservation... booked the exact same trip with this discount applied and saved almost $250!!! WHOOT!

Last edited:
Fabulous! Thank you for this thread. I called to cancel our existing reservation... booked the exact same trip with this discount applied and saved almost $250!!! WHOOT!
$$Congratulations$$
It is defiantly exciting to save on a Disney trip.

Geemo

Just wanted to update that I was finally able to change my regular reservation at GCH in Dec to the AP promo! I've been watching the Disneyland website and today it looked like a possibility that they had my dates open. It said "call for availability" rather than "there are no rooms available". So I called, and was able to switch! The cost is only $1 less because we had a standard room and upgraded to premium (the only one available). But now we have a premium room and the perks of the promo. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!