A Star Wars and Specialty Drink Trip - 1/17 - 1/21

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
Hello all! Just returned from an MLK weekend trip. This was my sister and I. I celebrated my 25th visit to a Disney Park and this was her 12th this trip - so we focused on new items and some old favorites. I should get my photos uploaded tonight to start filling in the report.

We flew in Friday night and took Magical Express to Pop Century Resort. Our room was on the lake side of the 50's section on the main floor. We carried on as this is such a short trip so bags were with us and we were tired so we grabbed some pasta at the food court and headed off to bed. Our flight arrived at 6:05pm and we were at the resort by 6:55pm so easy run with Magical Express and we turned in by 9pm so that we could be up at 5am to make our way to Hollywood Studios to try for a boarding group first thing in the morning. Will be back later with our first day and some pics!

(Sorry for the photos being turned - if someone can point me to how to reorient them I would appreciate it)

Day 1 - Got up at 5am and caught a Lyft from Pop to DHS at 5:55am. Lyft dropped us at 6:10am and gates opened at 6:15am. We were on Hollywood Blvd by 6:30am and found a spot to sit right by Crossroads as I heard the signal was good there. At 7am we jumped in for our boarding passes - but it wouldn't group us. So I said just grab what you can get! We had one for BG 20 and another for BG 84. So we went to guest relations at the blue umbrella and they were able to group us together in 20 - bonus!

After that we headed to A2S and were on the ride by 7:25am and followed that with our FP for TSMM at 7:45am. By that time our boarding group was called and we made our way to RotR. I will stay away from spoilers - but we were not disappointed! Felt the ride lived up to all the hype and then some.

Then we walked through the market and did some exploring stopping at Ronto Roasters as we were getting hungry. Loved the wrap here. Very filling and tasty. Our seat there let us watch Vye and Rey run around hiding from the Stormtroopers that were patrolling the area. That was fun to watch.

We then did a little more shopping/exploring and then stood in line for MFSR so we could see the preshow and get in the Pilot seat! We loved being inside the Falcon and having the Pilot seats (definitely the best job - by the end of the trip we had done them all). That line was about an hour and we were due for our Oga's reservation at that time. So into the Cantina we go!

We did the Fuzzy Tauntaun which was very good and interesting. Then the Bespin Fizz that was smoking (literally) and that also tasted very good. We enjoyed the atmosphere but it was very crowded and loud enough that it was hard to hear the music which I think was my favorite part - with DJ Rex spinning. The people at the bar with us didn't know about the "side effects" of the fuzzy tauntaun so their reactions were great! I will do the cantina again but not for a little while - smaller than I thought and I hope as the crowds go down they add some more seating.

After leaving there we were getting hungry again so we went to Docking Bay 7. Sorry no pics of the food there - I forgot. We got the pot roast and the tip-yip. No complaints on the flavor of the food. However, this is not where to eat if you are hungry. We left still wanting more food which is sad at that price point.

Then we made our way to the milk stand and got both blue and green milk with the alcohol. Good strong pour but not obnoxious on the alcohol. Not overpowering but you knew it was in there. We both didn't initially like them but they grew on us as we kept drinking them. I actually found myself craving it the next day!

At this point we were tired from our early start and we had decided that we wanted to try for another BG the next day so we decided to head back to the room to take a nap. We did stop to see the Lightning McQueen Academy show on the way out as that was new since our last trip and it looked short. Very cute - we didn't think much of it but the kids were definitely into it!

The we grabbed the Skyrail for the first time and headed back to our room at POP. We were from the front gate to our room in 15 minutes. I was nervous with all the issues but we found this to be a very welcome addition.

Will pick up later after the nap!

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
We headed back to the park at 5pm with the Skyliner. Once again very smooth trip and back to the heart of the park in 20 minutes. We had a FP for Star Tours so we rode the updated version of that (so cool when everyone claps for Lando!) and caught a quick show at Muppets. Then we walked back into Batuu and rode MFSR twice in 30 minutes in the single rider line! So easy on this one and fun. The theming is cooler than the ride - but definitely a different experience each time. My last ride the ladies piloting got scared and they both sat with their eyes closed - not great for the rest of us as we kept crashing. So please large groups choose your pilots carefully. We then headed back to watch the Star Wars fireworks and were hungry so we stopped at Backlot Express and grabbed a salad and a burger both were quite good but the star was the Chewbacca cookie sandwich. That thing was amazing! It was more than enough for 2 as well so a good value. Then we arrived for the fireworks with about 10 minutes to spare and got a pretty good spot just in front of the walkway and between the towers. Love that show and was good for a Star Wars Theme day. We walked out right after the show before Fantasmic let out and we were once again back to our room in 20 minutes on the Skyliner (can't say I don't love this thing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter