A Successful September-W.I.S.H. Goals

I think the link did not carry over?
It worked for me-?? I just clicked on it-maybe try entering the website?
Good to hear from you! But sorry you’re so swamped at work. I know exactly what you mean by being overwhelmed and not making good choices because it takes too much effort. Hopefully things will calm down and you will have time for yourself again.

I am sorry that I have been so silent the last few days. Work is really stressful at the moment, so much to do. And I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all I have on my plate. Not really doing well eating wise nor exercise wise and feel like I need to get my act together. But it is hard when you are tired all the time. One of the worst things about being tired is that I find it far more difficult to go to bed early and sleep when I am exhausted. I know, strange, but that has always been one of my problems.

Anyway, tonight I get to babysit a friend's 5-year-old which should be a fun distraction!!

@Flossbolna Again, I'm in exactly the same spot. The past few days I've literally been running from meeting to meeting, person to person, task to task. We're going in about 5 different directions at once trying to get this project launched next week. I'm living on sugar and caffeine, and by the time I get out of the office I'm so tired and brain-dead I can barely even get my brain to make my hands knit. I've obviously reverted back to my old eating patterns, the one thing that is helping me get thru is using my mantra-questions, which help me to not get stuck.

Hello all... yesterday was so crazy busy I didn't even get to post any woohoo's. So retro-actively I'll say woohoo, I made it thru the day.

Yesterday I had bread sticks for lunch. Yep, my lack of pre-planning skills bit me again and I had to run downstairs and just grab something. Today I stopped at Starbuck's for breakfast, and also got a fruit and cheese plate for my lunch, so I'll be in a little better shape.

Next week I travel to our facility in Maryland, to support the project go-live. In some ways it's going to be better because I'll just be supporting production and the folks using the new functionality we've built, and not production plus three different test tracks, plus coordinating with several other IT groups. But I will still be having to keep up the coordination between the facility I'm at and the one on the west coast, where part of my team will be, and with the engineer's on my team who work from India plus the ones who will still be here in the office in Seattle. I see more sugar an caffeine in my future.

Wh
Hello all... yesterday was so crazy busy I didn't even get to post any woohoo's. So retro-actively I'll say woohoo, I made it thru the day.

Yesterday I had bread sticks for lunch. Yep, my lack of pre-planning skills bit me again and I had to run downstairs and just grab something. Today I stopped at Starbuck's for breakfast, and also got a fruit and cheese plate for my lunch, so I'll be in a little better shape.

Next week I travel to our facility in Maryland, to support the project go-live. In some ways it's going to be better because I'll just be supporting production and the folks using the new functionality we've built, and not production plus three different test tracks, plus coordinating with several other IT groups. But I will still be having to keep up the coordination between the facility I'm at and the one on the west coast, where part of my team will be, and with the engineer's on my team who work from India plus the ones who will still be here in the office in Seattle. I see more sugar an caffeine in my future.
What interesting work you must do! If you are Maryland you must order crab cakes!

@Flossbolna and @Oneanne I have been feeling the same way. This should be the start of our slow time but it hasn't worked out that way this year. I am super frustrated with my co-worker who has not been doing her job and I have had to do it. Our summer process has been a mess this year too and that is not helping. She is not detailed orientated at all. We have had lost paperwork, paperwork marked off for a student on our spreadsheet but not awarded when they should and paperwork marked off that we don't have. Students are frustrated, we are frustrated and the person in charge of it this year is like it is not my fault. it is because you did not do what you were supposed to do. And then to top it off we are launching our student portal in a few weeks so lots of work for this.Plus I am gone at the conference next week. This has me stressing a lot. More so now about flying. My nerves are through the roof. Hopefully wen i get back things will start to settle down some.

I’m sorry you are all so stressed out with work right now! I remember those days-the last thing I wanted to do after dealing with 9th graders all day was come home, go for a walk, and fix a healthy dinner!
Be kind to yourselves and do whatever keeps you sane-we ate a lot of rotisserie chickens and ate out more frequently during research paper weeks!

Good morning, everyone! The weekend is here and I hope you all get a chance to rewind and relax. Looks like we’re getting nice weather, so planning a cookout Sunday with family. Picked up a nice beef tenderloin for the grill. One thing I learned as I was losing weight, was it’s ok to treat yourself to a better cut of meat or seafood-you’re still spending much less than eating out.

I haven’t heard from anyone that they will take over next month. I hate to let the thread die off, but I understand how busy you all are right now. October is looking busy for me as well.

So I have a suggestion-what if we open an October WISH thread and just pop in and out and post when we can. If you find an interesting article, share it, or just vent. I want to hear about Piglet and Oneanne’s conferences and how everyone is doing-I would miss all your updates! For this month we could just be a little less structured. Maybe just keep Woo-hoo Wednesday-I volunteer to get that one going every week!

What do you think? I will start an October thread if you all like the idea-

So I have a suggestion-what if we open an October WISH thread and just pop in and out and post when we can. If you find an interesting article, share it, or just vent. I want to hear about Piglet and Oneanne’s conferences and how everyone is doing-I would miss all your updates! For this month we could just be a little less structured. Maybe just keep Woo-hoo Wednesday-I volunteer to get that one going every week!

What do you think? I will start an October thread if you all like the idea-

I was hoping someone else would volunteer, but if no one does, I can take over. I think it is still nice to have a host and I found that it was not too much work to host, so I am happy to do it again. BUT I will of course also be happy to step back and let someone else do it!!

What a day yesterday was, on so many levels.

At work we're trying to finish testing (that should have been completed last week at the latest) and have had to push the other team every step of the way, including helping to figure out some issues on their side. Then at the end of the day a show-stopper came up on our side - dang. We had a conf call at 7pm with our off-shore engineer, and our issue was a breeze to resolve... what an emotional roller coaster. And not a fun one.

After the call, I was glued to the cable news shows going over the hearing. It really was a pivotal moment in our history, what one analyst called a "where were you when" moment. Regardless of the confirmation outcome, things have shifted and will be different. What an incredibly brave woman she is.

My plan for today is to have a calm, productive day... ha ha, just joking. It's going to be the same level of insanity, but it does look like we are going to launch Monday per plan, which is kind of awesome. The not so awesome part is that I'm sure it's going to be a rough launch, but we'll get thru it. Tomorrow I have to get the house ready to be gone, then I catch a plane early Sunday morning and head east. I'm staying in Annapolis MD, which is a favorite... even if I'll be at work 24x7.

Take care all... I'll probably pop in now and then, but for the most part will either be working or asleep. Thanks @Flossbolna for picking up October... with our new format hosting isn't quite so overwhelming and I'll sign up to do another month at some point.

Last edited:
What a day yesterday was, on so many levels.

At work we're trying to finish testing (that should have been completed last week at the latest) and have had to push the other team every step of the way, including helping to figure out some issues on their side. Then at the end of the day a show-stopper came up on our side - dang. We had a conf call at 7pm with our off-shore engineer, and our issue was a breeze to resolve... what an emotional roller coaster. And not a fun one.

After the call, I was glued to the cable news shows going over the hearing. It really was a pivotal moment in our history, what one analyst called a "where were you when" moment. Regardless of the confirmation outcome, things have shifted and will be different. What an incredibly brave woman she is.

My plan for today is to have a calm, productive day... ha ha, just joking. It's going to be the same level of insanity, but it does look like we are going to launch Monday per plan, which is kind of awesome. The not so awesome part is that I'm sure it's going to be a rough launch, but we'll get thru it. Tomorrow I have to get the house ready to be gone, then I catch a plane early Sunday morning and head east. I'm staying in Annapolis MD, which is a favorite... even if I'll be at work 24x7.

Take care all... I'll probably pop in now and then, but for the most part will either be working or asleep. Thanks @Flossbolna for picking up October... with our new format hosting isn't quite so overwhelming and I'll sign up to do another month at some point.
The next few days look beautiful here-maybe rain on Tuesday but the rest of week sunny-so Annapolis should be really nice! Enjoy!
I was also riveted to the hearings-what a brave woman, and I hope telling her story brings her some measure of peace.

Thank you, Flossbolna! I really enjoyed my month of hosting duties, although I felt being so new, I was kind of feeling my way. Next time I hope to do better!

Thank you, Flossbolna! I really enjoyed my month of hosting duties, although I felt being so new, I was kind of feeling my way. Next time I hope to do better!

you did great. Thank You @Flossbolna for hosting October. With being gone and the way work has been going October would be rough for me. I am thinking November will be calm. Or it really should be. If it not there is a problem. Kids activities will be less too as Soccer will be over. I will Do November

Thanks @sjrec for hosting September and thanks @Flossbolna for taking on October. I don't think I'll be on much--kinda like now. Having those adorable twin six year olds join our house has wiped out most if not all of my free time. But they are settling in and we haven't had tears in almost a week! They've been good for my waistline; I've lost a pound each week! If it keeps up the whole time they're here I'll have a healthy BMI when they go back to mom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!