A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Loved the recap at the end! You have certainly had a lot of Disney adventures and Casey is a lucky girl to have so many fun memories with her parents to look back on!

I've read all your reports, just been a lurker for a long time and only recently started commenting. Do you think the girl who ate your chip in AK was a reader of your reports and therefore, felt she knew you and could take a chip? LOL!

Looking forward to hearing next about your August adventure.

I've read all your reports, just been a lurker for a long time and only recently started commenting. Do you think the girl who ate your chip in AK was a reader of your reports and therefore, felt she knew you and could take a chip? LOL!

Honestly, I thought she might have done it because maybe that is what they do back in the kitchen for a snack.... o_O

Loved the ending Kari! You are always a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

Loved reading your recap of your last 10 years of Disney dining adventures :) I mostly lurk but have read all of your reports now (went back to read the early ones recently-think I found you a few years ago? You love signatures and wine-I knew you were my people!) I just started a bucket list of restaurants/bars to try and which meals while reading your 10 year wrap up post ha ha! Have always wanted to try Nomads and my son LOVES it (he lives in Orlando now and discovered it while doing a professional Disney internship) and after your 10 year highlights, now I REALLY want to go! Thank you for all of the time you put into your tipsy Disney reports-keep them coming! I'll be here waiting for more :):drinking1

What an amazing wrap-up to your report! I love walks down memory lane and this one was lovely. Casey has grown so much since you started! Can't wait for the next one.

Although I haven't been around for all of them, I've certainly enjoyed your reports the last couple years. Looking forward to the next one!

Cheers to 10 years!!!!

Since this is my 10th dining report I thought it would be fun to sit down with a couple of bottles glasses of wine and end this with a nostalgic trip through all of my old reports.
Amazing idea! (the post and the wine)

DSC03527.jpg
Look at those cheeks! I just want to squeeze them!

I’m clearly a woman of consistency because this appears in 7 of my reports.
I wish you could order slices of pizza here. I always want to try this but I LOVE red sauce on my pizza.

If only 3 year old Casey would have known that thinking the People Mover was called the Pooper would still live on all these years later.
I just showed Gwen this picture and she was said "AHHHHHHHH toddler Casey!!!"

Liberty Tree Tavern’s Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

It's not only Oooey, its Gooey, so what’s not to like?
I booked this for our Feb trip mostly for this dessert.

o where else can you be right in the middle of everything and simultaneously miles away from anything. Scaffolding club was of course a close second.....
I mean I don't understand why this didn't beat out Wilderness Lodge?!!?

And there you have it. Just a few memories from 10 amazing trips to Disney. Shout out to our Tables in Wonderland Card for "saving" us almost $2500 over the years (don't even try and reverse that math you'll have a heart attack like I just did).
Ha! Just focus on what you saved!

The next party should be taking off soon so get your sporks and livers ready cause its gonna be another tipsy adventure :drinking1
Woo Hoo! As always, can't wait to hear about it.

Loved the recap at the end! You have certainly had a lot of Disney adventures and Casey is a lucky girl to have so many fun memories with her parents to look back on!
Thanks so much. And we're definitely the lucky ones. Casey is a special little girl

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now that I had not thought of

Honestly, I thought she might have done it because maybe that is what they do back in the kitchen for a snack.... o_O

Loved the ending Kari! You are always a fun read. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much! Now I'm headed to the kitchen for a snack :P

mostly lurk but have read all of your reports now (went back to read the early ones recently-think I found you a few years ago? You love signatures and wine-I knew you were my people!)
Welcome from lurkerdom!!! Sounds like we are each others people

just started a bucket list of restaurants/bars to try and which meals while reading your 10 year wrap up post ha ha! Have always wanted to try Nomads and my son LOVES it (he lives in Orlando now and discovered it while doing a professional Disney internship) and after your 10 year highlights, now I REALLY want to go!
Nomads should definitely not be missed. Not only are the food and drinks great, but its such a great atmosphere and like nothing else in WDW.

What an amazing wrap-up to your report! I love walks down memory lane and this one was lovely. Casey has grown so much since you started! Can't wait for the next one.
Thanks for coming along on the journey Courtney!!! I still look back on those pictures of Casey and can't believe how little she was or how big she's become.

Although I haven't been around for all of them, I've certainly enjoyed your reports the last couple years. Looking forward to the next one!
Thanks Jeff!

Look at those cheeks! I just want to squeeze them!
I know right? She's always been a string bean, but until she was 4 or 5 she was string bean with all the cheeks

I wish you could order slices of pizza here. I always want to try this but I LOVE red sauce on my pizza.
We'll have to go together sometime so we can share. I love red sauce too (and always order pizza with extra sauce) but make an exception for this bad boy.

I just showed Gwen this picture and she was said "AHHHHHHHH toddler Casey!!!"

Woo Hoo! As always, can't wait to hear about it.
Can't wait to see you in it!

Finally caught up!
while they don’t take Tables in Wonderland they will give you a 10% discount if you rub the Buddha for luck.

Or have an annual pass. I always get those 2 confused.
Yeah, I get confused too! :P
While we were eating some random British girl came up to the table and says oh is that the buffalo chicken dip. Before I could say answer she was reaching her hand into our bowl and EATING OUR CHIPS!!! I was so taken aback all I could muster was did you just eat my chips??? She was immediately mortified and began to apologize. Turns out she was a cast member who worked in the restaurant and thought the chips were like peanuts at a bar and out for everyone to eat. Maybe that’s a thing in the UK :confused3 Anyways she was very apologetic and even brought Casey a brownie from next door to make up for it.
Wow, that is just, wow!

Casey’s drawing is amazing. I died Laughing for several minutes. We have an only child too, 10 year old boy. Your reports often remind me of him. Thanks for the very entertaining read!

I really want to make it to Nomad and Brown Derby lounges one day. We really enjoyed our time at Geyser Point and Top of the World this last visit so I’m hoping I can talk the family into the others finally.

Okay, I think after five years of enjoying and feeling part of your dining reports and family, we are officially real friends, and not just internet friends! :lovestruc :flower3: :hug:
It's officially official :hug:

Oh my goodness! How precious is this picture?! She's so little :lovestruc
I know right? I hardly remember anymore now that she is so tall and skinny that she used to be all cheeks for days

I hate it when my food is cranky. But I hate it even more when my food makes me cranky :rotfl2:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Pretty sure food has never made me cranky

Casey’s drawing is amazing. I died Laughing for several minutes. We have an only child too, 10 year old boy. Your reports often remind me of him. Thanks for the very entertaining read!
Thanks for following along. Casey is certainly one of a kind (or maybe our kiddos are two of a kind)

I really want to make it to Nomad and Brown Derby lounges one day. We really enjoyed our time at Geyser Point and Top of the World this last visit so I’m hoping I can talk the family into the others finally.
If you liked Geyser Point than Nomads would definitely be a winner. They are without question 2 of my favorite places on property

Super fun report. I appreciate people who go to Disney and really enjoy the food and drink...especially the drinks!
Sounds like I appreciate you then too :drinking1

A Tipsy Tenth Reflection

Since this is my 10th dining report I thought it would be fun to sit down with a couple of bottles glasses of wine and end this with a nostalgic trip through all of my old reports.

My first report was called “ADRs We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ ADRs” and 5 years and more than 5 pounds later I’m thrilled to say we are still very much a non-planning crew. Somehow most of my pics from this trip are now upside down 🙃 (or maybe they are just tipsy) but anyone recognize these cheeks?

Moving on from our younger, formative Disney years here are a few foodie perennial favorites that have made multiple appearances through the years

No one will be surprised to see Carciofi pizza from Via Napoli with Arugula at the top of the list.

I’m clearly a woman of consistency because this appears in 7 of my reports.

And what does everyone want with their pizza, some more bread of course.

Sanaa bread service is a thing of mastery and a meal in and of itself.

And it wouldn’t be one of our trips without some infamous pretzels on the pooper

If only 3 year old Casey would have known that thinking the People Mover was called the Pooper would still live on all these years later.

Ahhh, Ahi Tuna Nachos how do I love thee

Nachos are already a perfect meal, but only a Yak could figure out how to put some tuna on top and substitute wontons for chips to make them infinitely better.

And it wouldn’t be a food party without some dessert. I’m actually not much of a sweets person but make an exception for these magical delights.

Liberty Tree Tavern’s Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

It's not only Oooey, its Gooey, so what’s not to like?

And how could something with magic in its name not make the list

While I’m sure @ariane37 is the official fan club president I’ll bat VP any day of the week

And now to some of the best Disney food and drinks to ever grace these tipsy lips

From this dining report and soon to make a return appearance…

Jiko Mac N’ Cheese. Take perfect mac and cheese and add in some wagyu and elk and this is pure meaty and cheesy perfection.

Artist Point (RIP) Cobbler

In our one time staying club level Jason and I would load up on AP’s cobbler that was served in the club every night and enjoy it on our balcony with wine overlooking Bay Lake. This experience cemented Wilderness Lodge as my favorite resort as no where else can you be right in the middle of everything and simultaneously miles away from anything. Scaffolding club was of course a close second.....

Speaking of favorites, Narcoosse’s has some of the best seafood/pasta dishes ever. Between their shrimp in a garlic and chardonnay sauce

And Scallops with Trofile pasta

Narcoossee’s is hands down the seafood winner. I usually enjoy trying something different at restaurants but at Narcoosse’s its one of these two dishes Every. Single. Time.

Sticking with the signatures I love just about everything at California Grill, but these magical grilled oysters with a roasted bone marrow emulsion are singularly the best thing I’ve ever had there.

And the single best thing I have ever had at Disney, North African Carrot Soup at Jiko.

Yes. Soup. It was that good. I’ve only had this once but to this day stalk Jikos menu regularly in hopes all that will come between me and it again is a plane ticket.

If its not clear from the above my favorite restaurant has oscillated between Jiko and California Grill, but after ten dining reports I’ll give it to CG but only by the skin of its amazing brunch teeth.

View attachment 439790
Shout out to a few of my EPIC Disney friends!

And last but certainly not least the place I’m pretty sure we singularly keep in business.

Of all of the parks and restaurants and resorts and bars, there is nowhere in Disney I’d rather be than at Nomads Lounge with some Annapura Zing next to me.

And there you have it. Just a few memories from 10 amazing trips to Disney. Shout out to our Tables in Wonderland Card for "saving" us almost $2500 over the years (don't even try and reverse that math you'll have a heart attack like I just did).

And double shout out to all of you for following along with me the last 5 years or in some cases even making appearances. Looking back at that first report a ton of you were early to my tipsy game but HUGE shout out to @TeresaNJ and @goofy78 who have stuck around since the very first report! Apologies for the second hand tipsiness I can only fathom you picked up!

And I’ll leave this trip down food and drink lane where it all began. For Walt it all started with a mouse and for me it all started with a tipsy note. There have been so many good ones over the years, but this was the original
"SpatZele like pasta star in creamy sauce scallps cooked nice cranky almond sweet raisin crunch arugil best point scllops"

And there you have me tipsy and cranky from jump.

The next party should be taking off soon so get your sporks and livers ready cause its gonna be another tipsy adventure :drinking1
I’ve been loving reading this through the pandemic and my current battle with 24/7 morning sickness.🤢 Your trip reports are hilarious!

While I’m sure @ariane37 is the official fan club president I’ll bat VP any day of the week
That's for darn sure!

Scaffolding club was of course a close second.....
This was obviously the best room EVER!!!

Shout out to a few of my EPIC Disney friends!
Shout out right back at you!!! So happy we have become friends and I have enjoyed all the time we've spent together in Disney. My fav will ALWAYS be pole dancing on the monorail. LOL! #sisterwivesforever

I’ve been loving reading this through the pandemic and my current battle with 24/7 morning sickness.🤢 Your trip reports are hilarious!
I've been seeing all of your likes. Wow you really plowed through it. Glad it could bring a bit of laughter into your life. And hang in there with the morning sickness. I was the same way with Casey and it was terrible. But she was the easiest baby in the world so I like to think I just got all the baby struggles over with in uterus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!