Corona virus ended my trip 2020 PTR over at 16 days away**

mommafett89

~!Disney Darlings*~
:welcome:

You can never start too early, eh!? Plus, I LOVE planning! It's SO MUCH FUN. My sister and I are wanting to do OUR FIRST TRIP together in April 2020! March 28th-April 4th (give or take a few days, again...this is infinity and beyond away :rotfl:) I started by posting on the budget board and listing my plans and intentions with budget. As I have had a cancelled trip before, due to relying on a source of income that was not stable (child support :mad::confused:) and solely on my tax return. SO, THIS TIME AROUND I AM NOT DOING THAT. I am planning well in advance financially and this is happening!

46400377_10215911718284799_2911957882176012288_n.jpg

A little background, I went to Disney with my family as a small child and have very few memories from that time. Honestly, my memory is bad in general. But, I got to take my daughter for a day at MK in November 2018 and you can read about that here (in progress).

Right now, I can't really get a good cost estimate as packages haven't even released for these dates yet. But, I will say that I saw the discounts on moderate resorts going on this year during the time we're going next year. Like, Port Orleans for cheaper than POP! So, that would be super cool if I could snag that!

I will be posting updates very soon with intentions, plans, lists of must dos, and more in the near future.

Last edited:
Alright, it's not like the trip is any closer....but after reading trip reports constantly (when I shouldn't be I might add) I just want to update a little bit as I've been looking into "Must Do's" and I started with Animal Kingdom. It's so hard to list must dos, because....I personally think everything is a must do haha.

SO.....list as of now

FOP
Na'vi
Finding Nemo (Maizy loves this movie)
Lion King (I love this movie)
It's Tough To Be A Bug (WE love this movie)
Meet Pocahontas (I LOVE HER)
Gorilla Falls
Kali River Rapids
Klimanjaro Safaris
Jungle Trek
Meet Russel and Doug

Obviously, the lower they are the less likely I care if they happen. Give me those top 5 at least, and I'll be like...oh my gosh best AK day ever!!

AK snacks/meals!

ONLY THE BEST PART TO PLAN.

Pongu Lumpia - my daughter's fraternal family is filipino, and they make us authentic lumpia and....yum. So, the idea of a sweet version really appeals to me.
Night Blossom
Rum Blossom (don't judge, Imma have a drink OK)

When I had planned AK back in November, I intended to have lunch at Pizzafari because I thought it would be easy for Maizy and I to both eat there. I feel like I'd like to try the Cheeseburger Flatbread there.

I think if I did a table service there, Tiffin's would be really good to try or Yak & Yeti. A dinner table service, I think a quick lunch is good. Or maybe a longer sit down lunch is a good way to have a break. Anyone care to give some reviews and experiences of either places?

QUICK NOTE, because I saw it on a trip report. I want to try the Coconut Rice Pudding served with Mango Coulis if it is still available in the Mexican Pavilion in Epcot. :tongue:

Another item I want to try that I saw in a TR, and is ALSO Epcot...is the lobster mac and cheese in a bread cone. It looked SO yummy! Maybe I should do "must dos" for Epcot next since I'm obviously seeing some snacks I want to try, LOL. My sister is in Epcot today actually! JEALOUS! Texting her now to see if maybe she will try one of those today.

EPCOT

Frozen Ever After
Meet Anna and Elsa
Meet Joy and Sadness
Meet Ralph and Venelope
Meet Jasmine
Meet Mulan
Soarin
Living With The Land
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk
Bruce's Shark World
Reef Fish
Coral Reefs
Sea Turtles
Meet Belle

Belle is last, as Maizy met her in MK. Just a short list, and obviously due to change. Character meets are personally my favorite, and I would love to grab fast passes for all the first 3!

Last edited:

HEY ALL! I've been slacking, because the packages and dates aren't even open that I've just kind of been blahhh about it. I stalk Disney instagrams and stare at snacks all day, but I haven't been doing any actual planning. Packages release soon (JUNE 18TH!) so I wanted to start back up on this! 🙌 ALSO, YAY FOR THE EMOJIS OMG.

Ok, we've got packages!

Disney Dining Package: 759.53 added on Disney Quick Service: 566.96 added on

POP CENTURY POOL VIEW

ROOM ONLY: 1700.99 (for comparisons when my sister checks her AP discounts to book room only)
4 DAY with ddp 3420.47 ; no dining 2660.94
5 DAY with ddp 3459.48 ; no dining 2699.95

POP CENTURY STANDARD

RO: 1359.74
4 DAY with ddp 3064.08 ; no dining 2304.55
5 DAY with ddp 3103.09 ; no dining 2343.56

All Star Movies

RO: 1359.74
5 DAY with ddp 3102.89 ; no dining 2343.56

AoA

RO: 1865.26
5 DAY with ddp 3103.09 ; no dining 2343.56

Tickets Only (in case we use my sisters AP discount, trying to figure out what will save me the most. ** Notes/Questions about this will be below).
4 DAY: 953.80

5 DAY: 991.63

If I use my sisters AP discount, I cannot purchase the meal plan, correct?
Has anyone here gone on big family trips? Do you usually tackle everything together? Or figure out rides you'd like to do together and schedule those throughout the day, eat wherever you want between, and maybe some ADRs for dinner or breakfasts? Give me some multiple family trip tips!

I AM OFFICIALLY BOOKED! I booked All Star Movies Preferred for March 28th-April 4th with the DDP. :cloud9: I am so excited! Now time to really narrow down some plans. Right now on touring plans I'm working on MK day. Arrival day, I am thinking TREX for lunch!

Yay for booking!!! I'm gonna stalk your thread now. I want to try and plan a trip for myself and DD next October.

Yay for booking!!! I'm gonna stalk your thread now. I want to try and plan a trip for myself and DD next October.
Haha, stalk away! I'm excited to plan! I might get fired for amount of time spent on touring plans website haha

I am officially able to book my FP's on Jan. 28th, 2020. So I am really thinking about these for MK, as it's the first day I have been planning. FP dreams are as follows. ROPE DROP attempt, that I got from mouse hacking. It called for a FP for Peter Pan's Flight but we just rode that in November, and I am not going to use a FP for that. Just not priority. So here is what I am wanting:

7D @ 11:00

Space Mountain @ 11:30
Meet Ariel @ 1:30

I want these spread out because my plan is to rope drop some rides, use the fast passes, and then go to lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. I am going to double check with Maizy to see what princess she wants to meet most and I will change the meet and greet fast pass to whoever she likes. She LOVES Tinkerbell....so honestly I think she will choose her. Maybe I should just switch it to her already. Anyways, it doesn't really matter since I'm not picking them until Jan any ways. So, we are rope dropping and my plans are as follows.

Big Thunder
Splash
Haunted Mansion
7D (fp)
Space Mountain (fp)
CRT lunch @ 12:15
The Barnstormer
Meet Tink
Meet Mickey & Minnie
Meet Cinderella & Elena
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Pecos Bill for dinner @ 5:45
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets

Aloha Isle for a dole whip and walk over to see the fireworks and sit down for HEA.

What does everyone think of this plan? What time should we start heading over to look for spots for fireworks? According to touring plans, we will be getting to aloha for our dole whips @ 7:30. Can we walk around and relax, or should we go straight to trying to find a good spot. I kind of want to sit in front of The Plaza! Let me know your thoughts and tips!

Thanks for joining! Don't hate me if it goes slow :angel:
It's all good - I just booked a family of 5 for June 2020... my DH thinks I'm crazy, my DD doesn't want anything to do with planning - she says just tell me how much money I owe you.... my 2 DGrands are like WOAHHHHH Nana & Papa are taking us to Disney and have been trying to read everything to get ready LOL

By school starting they will be over it!

It's all good - I just booked a family of 5 for June 2020... my DH thinks I'm crazy, my DD doesn't want anything to do with planning - she says just tell me how much money I owe you.... my 2 DGrands are like WOAHHHHH Nana & Papa are taking us to Disney and have been trying to read everything to get ready LOL

By school starting they will be over it!
Haha, I'm sure! Do you have a planning board? I will be with my daughter, but my sister and her 3 kids and her husband are going :oops: so I'm concerned about scheduling stuff together/making sure we are spending time together! I haven't planned a trip of more than 2!

I don't have a budget board per se - I know what we spent as 2 people so I've doubled that and added on a bit for the spoiling of 2 grandkids... lol

I haven’t planned in what seems like forever! I get to do dining plans this month and I need to narrow these down ASAP!!! I’m getting anxiety about it all!

Ok, so my sister and I have talked and narrowed down a breakfast and a dinner together. Right now I have decided on T-Rex dinner @ 6 on arrival day March 28th (my sister will have already been in Disney at this point, she’s going a day or two early) and she has agreed to go with me because she couldn’t book anything besides 8pm on the trip she’s doing in November. So sweet! Excited about that. Anyone have reviews on T-Rex? :chat:

We have decided on a Boma breakfast with everyone, also. On Tuesday March 31st (no park day for both of us) at 10:30 so we can sleep in, because well....we need that. :teeth:

Outside of that I have decided on Sci Fi dinner (or lunch, idc just whichever I can book) on Hollywood studios day. I think I prefer dinner. I haven’t narrowed down my plans or intentions at HS because of Galaxy’s Edge opening. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, so I want to fit in some star wars things but I’m not going to be selfish, I want to do things Maizy enjoys. She says “I kind of like Star Wars, mom!” Hahaha. Sweet girl.

For magic kingdom day one on the 29th of March I want to do Cinderella’s Royal Table for lunch. My plans for that day are to rope drop Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Haunted Mansion with my sister (maybe not all of those will be all of us, but I’m sure we will rope drop a ride together. We will plan those later, I think it all depends on FP but I think what will work best is to pick what ride to rope drop then base our FP off that), and us head off to lunch after our Fast Passes. I want 7DMT at 11:00, and Space Mountain at 11:30. Lunch at 12:15 or around there for reservation whatever I can snag around that time. My sister and them do not do the dining plan so they don’t usually do table service every park day. I’m trying to get my $$ worth, AND character meets are so important to Maizy. Uh...and me honestly. :love:

I am weighing my options for a table service during animal kingdom and Epcot right now. Please send any and all recommendations! Does NOT have to be a character meal. Epcot I was thinking about Tokyo, La Hacienda, Via Napoli, and Teppan Edo but I’m super open. For AK I am thinking about Nomad’s Lounge, Yak & Yeti, or Tiffin’s but again I’m OPEN!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter