A universal history lesson

Notatourist

<font color=blue>UO Veteran<br><font color=magenta
A little bit o History

12 years ago today Universal Studios Florida opened.

Only 13 more to go, to get that 25th anniversary that Disney had a few years ago!:D

Think I know the answer to this one... Even though they didn't have the 'kinks' worked out of these rides the first year or so (remember going to guest services soon after park's opening to complain and getting a guided tour as a result). It was neat to be able to park right by the globe though! Anyway, I will go with Earthquake, Hanna Barbera, Alfred Hitchcock and ET. Jaws was suppose to be an opening attraction, but it was plagued with technical problems and opened more than a year later. For some reason I don't think Kong was around at opening. This might be where I am wrong though...

Starting from the top-

The Animal Actors Show
Hanna Barbera
Jaws (which worked for ONE hour)
The Production Studio Tour

And that was it.

Kong was not set to open and Quake opened later in the summer.

Ghostbusters tried to be open and kept having faults that prevented it from opening.

Originally posted by Notatourist
Starting from the top-

The Animal Actors Show
Hanna Barbera
Jaws (which worked for ONE hour)
The Production Studio Tour

And that was it.

Kong was not set to open and Quake opened later in the summer.

Ghostbusters tried to be open and kept having faults that prevented it from opening.

The [then called] Phantom of the Opera Horror Make-Up Show, Murder, She Wrote and Hitchcock were all open as well.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure if the Nick Studios tour was operating yet.

Originally posted by UOEntertainmentGuy

The [then called] Phantom of the Opera Horror Make-Up Show, Murder, She Wrote and Hitchcock were all open as well.

Open yes, Operating, not really. The MakeUp show was closed opening day due to the operation of the opening, Hitch's film kept breaking down, and Murder She Wrote had limited shows..

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure if the Nick Studios tour was operating yet.

Nick-NOPE! The Production Tour went through Nick, but, it was not a seperate Entity yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter