A week in Miami

Lucys dad

Mouseketeer
Hi there, subject to COVID of course, I am hoping to take a weeks holiday in Miami early 2021, jut myself and my teenage daughter.

I have only ever flown into Miami and then spent 1 night in Fort Lauderdale Before heading north. Does anyone have any information on the best area to stay, hotels etc. I'm thinking Miami Beach ? Ideally I'm looking for a nice area on the beach with a lot of nice hotels, restaurants, bars, shops etc in walking distance. I do no want to hire a car, just looking to chill out and relax for a week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

( moderators - not sure where else to post this other than this UK section, was hoping to hear from some locals 😀 )

Many thanks

Depends on your budget. However as there is only 2 of you you will have plenty of availability and options room occupancy wise.

We stayed in North beach simply because as a family of 5 we had more options that didn't require us dropping a £1000 a night 😂 has a huge 2 bed mini suite with spa bath 2 balconies right on the beach.the hotel was called Newport beach resort.

We have never stayed in a hotel in South beach area. 2 other visits we stayed at the Springhill airport hotel as it was such good value, free airport transfers, free hot breakfast, free local shuttle bus, free parking and it's on a lovely lakeside setting.

We have done Miami both with and without a car. Perfectly easy to get around using Uber and then you can avoid extortionate hotel parking charges. We got an Uber to coral gables area but there is then a circular tram you can use.

I love Miami, just having a wander round the beach front and Lincoln road mall 😍

Last edited:
Depends on your budget. However as there is only 2 of you you will have plenty of availability and options room occupancy wise.

We stayed in North beach simply because as a family of 5 we had more options that didn't require us dropping a £1000 a night 😂 has a huge 2 bed mini suite with spa bath 2 balconies right on the beach.the hotel was called Newport beach resort.

We have never stayed in a hotel in South beach area. 2 other visits we stayed at the Springhill airport hotel as it was such good value, free airport transfers, free hot breakfast, free local shuttle bus, free parking and it's on a lovely lakeside setting.

We have done Miami both with and without a car. Perfectly easy to get around using Uber and then you can avoid extortionate hotel parking charges. We got an Uber to coral gables area but there is then a circular tram you can use.

I love Miami, just having a wander round the beach front and Lincoln road mall 😍
Thanks, I'll have a look at the north beach section 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!