A whole lot of first times in one trip (March 31st - April 5th in Parks 2nd -4th)

do you think my report is fair

• Total voters

Patrick Shaffer

Earning My Ears
first post, first trip to Disneyland for 3/5 of the gang, first trip to California for one of the crew.

traveled the 31st to Sacramento.
The first drove south from there via acampo and grover beach.
pretty country.
got in to Anaheim hella late due to us pacing ourselves and a small car issue. (our gas gauge dont work and we ran out of ⛽)

we stayed at the Doubletree Suites by the convention Center, we booked 3 nights.
3 adults, 1 nine year old and a baby.
queen suite room 540, 3 day park hopper with maxpass add on.
booked through costco.
$1822.84
(I did get a $145 gift card out of the deal)

now for the main event of the report.

The good, the bad, and the ugly of our trip.

The good.
The room and the hotel was great, staff was great too.
The parks were awesome, max pass was worth the add on even though we didn't get many fastpasses with it and I didn't try to book any before making it through the gates.

we had good luck with decent food and service.

The app was great and easy to use.

The rides were fun and I enjoyed the meet and greets. (although I am confused by why the photog who worked the Captain America spot had to drop a picture of me and my daughter down to pretty much her feet.)

The Bad.
the user interface for the tv in our suite sucked and my son button smashed right after we checked in and ended up getting a ppv movie, though Isaac at the desk smashed it for us. it was bad.
the price for some things suck and yeah fastpass availability was horrid, it was quicker to go standby or single rider then waiting for a fastpass to open.

my wife thinks it was bad but I thought it part and par with it. she didn't get to hug with Minnie at our charectar breakfast at Goofy's kitchen but it was busy, we had a crappy reservation time and Minnie was running around too.

The Doubletree requires a $100 per night deposit for incidentals and has 5 dollar bottles of Fiji water on the one stand in the room. it took a while to get the deposit back the way I paid it because they had to get it from fiance and after they checked the room.

and

The ugly.

Erik the 3rd adult in our party smokes, it kind of sucked to have to walk across the park to smoke without going out in to the espande. but it was only two trips and it got me close as I could get to the Star Wars land this trip.
The breakfast was Goofy was ok but I was less than thrilled about parts.

3 adults, the kid and the baby.
with tip and tax. $200.89
the cost for Tyler was less than the tip!
28 bucks on a tip for a buffet.
The food was good but not that good.
I hate to admit that I was the one who ate the most and tried the most to get the most out of it.
Brandi had weight loss surgery and Tyler is on meds that suppress his appetite.
they breakfast came with pictures but not prints
food wise it was good but I like my waffles not crunchy.

it was a great trip and I learned something's I will do next time.

if you split up and are using the app, screenshot the qr code and share it with the others in the party so they can do photos and meet and greets while you are on a ride the baby can't go on.

MAXPASS!!! work that app.

even though it was a walk the double tree is pretty nice and was a decent deal.
staff was good. worth the check out.

early 2020 is our return trip with dates tbd based on the school calender.
here's pictures and videos from our trip including pictures and video from Carolyn's first birthday party and her cupcake for her birthday in the breakfast

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter