A year later, we're going again! August 2017 PTR 9 days at the Poly!

disneylove16

DIS Veteran
PRETRIP REPORT FOR OUR UPCOMING ANNIVERSARY!

KTuemKS.jpg

WHAT: A 9 day anniversary trip, celebrating 1 year of an amazing marriage, and 8 years of being together
200.webp

WHO: DH (35) and myself (34)
WHEN: August 18-28

WHERE: The Polynesian!
200.webp

Welcome to my Pre-trip report for our upcoming anniversary trip! Today, we are at 3 weeks and counting, and I can't wait! This will be our first time staying at The Polynesian. I stayed when I was very young with family, but barely remember it, and it is DH's dream resort. If you read my previous TR, you know a bit about DH and myself. A lot has changed for us in the past year, and we are much healthier and happier than we were for our last trip. We've made quite a few lifestyle changes, and I'm so glad we did. We eat very clean now most of the time, (although our trip will definitely be a splurge when it comes to eating). We've lost 65 pounds between the 2 of us so far, I am able to manage my anxiety a great deal better, and we have more energy and physical stamina now. I'm hoping/thinking this will affect our trip positively. The "before" photos are from our trip last year.

Anyway, here is our intro. I copied a bit from my previous TR to make things easier:

(note- since the photobucket fiasco, I started using imgur, and can't figure out how to resize photos...so I'm sorry about the humongous pictures!)

DH:
Yxd7iDZ.jpg

He is car-obsessed, laid back, pretty much has me make all the plans, and he goes with the flow. This is a blessing and a curse. Our trip 7 years ago was DH's first trip ever to WDW. He fell in love with WDW. We went last year in August for our honeymoon, and I swear every trip he becomes more and more Disney-obsessed (which I am ever grateful for). He is also my happy place, my home.
Favorite ride: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite characters: Goofy, Gerald (finding Dory) and Hei-Hei
Favorite Restaurant: Coral Reef
This trip he's most excited for: Trying The Daily Poutine and lounging at The Polynesian

Me:
4YY2mFZ.jpg

Don't mind the dirty mirror!:laughing:
Disney freak, goofball, and super planner. I still have some social anxiety, but am getting better at managing it. Last trip wasn't as bad as I expected, so I'm thinking this trip will be just fine.

I'm from NY, currently living in CA. My grandparents lived in FL, and my brother and I would go visit them for the summers growing up, with annual passes, so we visited WDW countless times. I've been back to visit as an adult in my 20's a few times, once with DH 7 years ago, and last year we stayed at CSR for our honeymoon. I've stayed at GF, Poly, Contemporary (all as a child)... Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, and offsite as an adult. WDW is such a sentimental place for me. It's my happy place, and my favorite place on earth.

Favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite characters: Stitch, Merida and Pua
Favorite Restaurant: Raglan Road
This trip I'm most excited for: Pandora, and staying at the Poly

Last up, our fur-baby aka stinky, aka boopy, aka shmoo, aka buppa, aka sweet potato, aka sausage with legs:
HIc19BB.jpg

Although she does not visit WDW with us, I'm including her in my TR because she's family. Since we don't have any children, she is our baby. I am ridiculously attached to her, and have a really hard time leaving her. My in-laws will be doggie-sitting for us, but it does put a stress on our vacations. She has a lot of health problems, including pancreatitis. She hasn't had an attack (thank God) for over a year though, so I'm hoping she stays healthy. She is beyond spoiled.
p3qtmeN.jpg

We are rope-drop, commando-type visitors. We get a lot done in the first hour of our day. We don't usually take breaks during the day (I know, I know.) Although, since we'll be staying at The Poly this trip, I think we are going to try and take afternoon breaks this trip. We try to stay to close, but that rarely happens. We are both early birds rather than night owls, but we try to squeeze as much Disney as possible out of our time there. We both love thrill rides, and love to eat. I love to try new things, while DH is more of a burgers and steak guy. He rarely drinks at home, but loves getting beers to "relax" at WDW. I also don't eat beef or pork, so that will reflect in the food that I order. We will probably be snacking a lot this trip, since we've been eating mostly clean the last 6 months. I have a list of Disney foods I'm craving!

Itinerary: (I'm sure we will park hop, and go with the flow while there, but this is our current agenda)

Friday, August 18th
Travel day
We will be taking an overnight flight this trip, which we did 7 years ago. We take off at 7 pm Friday night, and get into MCO Saturday morning at 5 am. We will most likely eat dinner during our layover, and sleep on the flight to MCO.

Saturday, 8/19
Arrival Day
We plan on lounging at the resort, and going to Disney Springs

Sunday, 8/20
Magic Kingdom
*Disney Early Morning Magic
Dinner: Be Our Guest

Monday, 8/21
Epcot
Dinner- Coral Reef

Tuesday, 8/22
Rest/ DHS
Dinner- Cape May Cafe

Wednesday, 8/23
AK
Dinner- Tusker House

Thursday, 8/24
Rest/ DS
Dinner- Raglan Road

Friday, 8/25
Epcot
Lunch- Via Napoli
Dinner- Room Service

Saturday, 8/26
MK (maybe)
Dinner- Morimoto Asia
We will be meeting up with my DB, DSIL, DC, and ok I don't know the acronym for dear cousin's husband?:confused3 for dinner

Sunday, 8/27
AK
Dinner- Boma

Monday, 8/28
Travel home super early
200.webp

I hope you'll join us!

Last edited:
Our Magic Bands arrived today!
5b7Cmhy.jpg

I love getting Mickey Mail. The new magic bands seem thinner, and almost flimsier than the old style. At least they feel lighter though. I had already purchased a limited edition magic band:
YrW58a6.jpg

tCjw3CN.jpg

pexcSPg.jpg

I've been making some purchases online for our trip
0nVqa7N.jpg

and purchased a bunch (too many) shirts for us on Etsy. All are either bought on Etsy, or made by myself with Iron-on transfers:
HQKDyNM.jpg

Nx18gKa.jpg

cfxnFDn.jpg

qTok94k.jpg

orM4xsz.jpg

And my brilliant idea for our hats for this trip:
EJWwr8D.jpg

As everyone knows, Stitch is Experiment 626. But his girlfriend, Angel is experiment 624. I love how these came out.

We are mostly done with gathering what we need, and we placed our Garden Grocer order for water and Rock Stars for DH. We just need to pack. Now we just count down the days and try to speed up time for the next 3 weeks!

I hope you'll join us for our TR!
On a side note, anyone who's done a PTR and a TR, do you merge them? Or just abandon the PTR and start up the TR? Last trip I just wrote up a PTR to prep, but didn't post it. Thanks in advance!

Looks like a great time! My favorite meal last trip (2012 for WDW) was Raglan. Yum! scallop Forrest and Bread pudding. :love:

Our quick trip overlaps the end of your trip. Quick trip for a wedding Saturday night off property. But took advantage of the reason to be in FL and got in touch with a friend that lives in ATL. She's driving down to join me for a mommies with no kids in tow trip! 8/25-8/28 (we leave after breakfast at Cape May on 8/28). We arrive 8/25 and plan to do AK that evening until close no ADR. Then we are doing MK 8/26. Have an PPO ADR for BOG and plan to rope drop and commando until our lunch ADR at BOG currently at 12:30. But stalking for a little later. Then 8/27 is all EP. Have a Via Napoli ADR at 2pm. Other than that it's all about QS, snacks and drinks. Priority is TT as it was closed last time we were there.

Have a blast if you rope drop 7DMT on Saturday maybe we will pass you. :mickeyjum

Just saw all your awesome shirts and cool hats! I need to hurry and get some shopping done. We only decided to go last Friday so I have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm going to need one of those drinking around the world shirts. LOL

Looks like a great time! My favorite meal last trip (2012 for WDW) was Raglan. Yum! scallop Forrest and Bread pudding. :love:

Our quick trip overlaps the end of your trip. Quick trip for a wedding Saturday night off property. But took advantage of the reason to be in FL and got in touch with a friend that lives in ATL. She's driving down to join me for a mommies with no kids in tow trip! 8/25-8/28 (we leave after breakfast at Cape May on 8/28). We arrive 8/25 and plan to do AK that evening until close no ADR. Then we are doing MK 8/26. Have an PPO ADR for BOG and plan to rope drop and commando until our lunch ADR at BOG currently at 12:30. But stalking for a little later. Then 8/27 is all EP. Have a Via Napoli ADR at 2pm. Other than that it's all about QS, snacks and drinks. Priority is TT as it was closed last time we were there.

Have a blast if you rope drop 7DMT on Saturday maybe we will pass you. :mickeyjum
Nice! Mommies only trip sounds amazing! Your plan sounds great! You'll get to hit everything even for a short trip. And I am all about the Scallop Forest and Bread Pudding at RR! That was my favorite meal as well last trip. I hope you have an amazing trip!!

Just saw all your awesome shirts and cool hats! I need to hurry and get some shopping done. We only decided to go last Friday so I have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm going to need one of those drinking around the world shirts. LOL
I spent waaaay too much time and money on Etsy. It's addictive, and the options are endless! You'll get it done though. I fount the drinking around the world shirt on Etsy, and pretty sure they have some made up and ready to ship :goodvibes

Following!

Last up, our fur-baby aka stinky, aka boopy, aka shmoo, aka buppa, aka sweet potato, aka sausage with legs:
HIc19BB.jpg

Your pup is perfect; I can't handle the cuteness!

We've lost 65 pounds between the 2 of us so far, I am able to manage my anxiety a great deal better, and we have more energy and physical stamina now. I'm hoping/thinking this will affect our trip positively. The "before" photos are from our trip last year.

You guys look fantastic! Congrats on the weight loss! Managing anxiety is no easy task (I'm still working on keeping mine under control) so kudos to you for getting there!

and purchased a bunch (too many) shirts for us on Etsy. All are either bought on Etsy, or made by myself with Iron-on transfers:
HQKDyNM.jpg

The Mr. Gold shirt is awesome! I need to get that for my mom, she would love it! I also really love the "Drinking Around the World" shirt, I've always wanted one but I can never find one I like, but that ones really cute

Following!

Your pup is perfect; I can't handle the cuteness!

You guys look fantastic! Congrats on the weight loss! Managing anxiety is no easy task (I'm still working on keeping mine under control) so kudos to you for getting there!

The Mr. Gold shirt is awesome! I need to get that for my mom, she would love it! I also really love the "Drinking Around the World" shirt, I've always wanted one but I can never find one I like, but that ones really cute

Yay! Welcome! :yay: Thank you, I think she's the cutest thing, but I'm biased!
And thank you so much, we are slowly and steadily working on our health. This time last year I was on quite a few medications for anxiety and PCOS, but now I'm medication free :dogdance:which I'm super proud that I was able to do. I know how hard it is to manage, so I'm sorry you suffer from anxiety as well.
I found the drinking around the world shirt on Etsy, and the Mr. Gold one, I actually bought a few shirts from an Etsy seller, and asked her to make a Mr. Gold design, and that's what she came up with! I think she did great :goodvibes
Thank you so much for following along!!!

I can't believe we're only a week and a half away! Sometimes it just hits me like a wave of excitement.

I spent yesterday packing most of our stuff, and organizing our carryons. Does anyone else have a hard time fitting all their liquids into those tiny bags? I mean, I get 2 b/c there's 2 of us but I can still barely manage. It really limits the amount of makeup and hair products I bring!

We also made an ADR change yesterday, from Kona Cafe to Morimoto Asia, which I am ecstatic about! DH does not like Asian food at all, so it was kind of out of the question. But, DB and DSIL really wanted to try it, and I convinced DH that Kona's menus is mostly Asian-ish anyway, so he gave me the go-ahead! I know it gets mixed reviews, but I love Iron Chef, love Chef Morimoto, and love Asian food. Plus, the restaurant looks beautiful inside, and that angry lobster chow fun has my name written all over it!

Next weekend we'll finalize our packing, DH is getting his haircut, and a pedicure for me :woohoo:. I read someone on the Dis boards that it's best to get a pedicure at least a week before, because the calluses help your feet with walking and whatnot. I'll be getting my hair colored and mani the day before we go :woohoo: I'm going all out pampering myself for this trip, it seems!

My next update will probably be the final one before our trip, then I'll be working on the TR. I'm off the week after our trip, so will have plenty of time to work on it! Stay tuned!

Last edited:
I read someone on the Dis boards that it's best to get a pedicure at least a week before, because the calluses help your feet with walking and whatnot. I'll be getting my hair colored and mani the day before we go :woohoo: I'm going all out pampering myself for this trip, it seems!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes nuts pampering myself before vacation! I always make it a priority to get a mani/pedi before we leave, and my sisters started to follow my lead lol. I never thought about the callouses helping with walking around for so long but it makes so much sense so now I have an excuse to get all pampered the week prior, thanks for the tip! :thanks:

@Luna_Belle You are definitely not alone! That's part of vacation, right? We need to look good for our trip photos! ;)

Looks like you are in your final stretch too! Have an amazing trip!!

Well, today is the day! Our flight leaves in about 6 hours. I'm not packed, not ready, and feel weird. Both DH and I have felt really weird since yesterday. We're excited, but almost feel numb, like it's not happening. I know a lot of people get that feeling, I think it's from hyping up the trip so much. I went to the gym this morning, which did help, and hoping I shake the feeling once we get there. I will start my TR next week when I get back! :banana:

You're headed out tonight!!! Have fabulous trip. I remember you TR from last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!