A Year Later, What are You Doing?

thesupersmartguy

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, it has been a year since VMK closed, and I was wondering what everyone has been up to since then?

I, myself, have kept busy with frequent trips to Disney, as well as "real life" business. I, as I am sure most of you still think back to all the good times we had as friends in our virtual kingdom, yet also look forward to a bright new future.

All my best,

Thesupersmartguy.

Same here, been busy with the " game" of life. My eldest DD ( LGMH on vmk) graduated high school last summer. We celebrated by going to WDW. Second DD just turned 16 so we had a luau for her birthday last month. Going to WDW again in August with my son and his friend.

Been playing Smallworlds recently. Tried Gaia but it didn't suit me. POTCO and ELF ISLAND won't fit on my computer so SW it is. Found a few vmk friends there. : )

Erm myspace lol,

I've tried most EVERY game, people have been talking about. But I like SmallWorlds the best.

I just miss my VMK :|||

No game really suits me anymore :/

VMK was perfect for me in every way.

I've been busy with school, and trying out new games, all to find I don't like them.
:sad1:

I've made it a hobby to not spend money on, or at, Disney. I break down when it comes to refreshing beer, but as far as getting in and staying there, I bribe CM friends with driving to the park, free dinners, drinks.. that is if my little toe gets a wild hair and wants to see the heart wrenching park again.

Yeah, I've tried out so many games but nothing is really like vmk at all. Im trying free realms right now, only been on once though. I need to get on Small Worlds and Elf Island again.

There is no other game for me. Nothing is Disney. :(

The big stuff for me was that I started working like one month after VMK closed, and on the side of that, I've been enjoying real life and still continued to play some games (just because I like to play mmorpgs but I am not addict to any mmorpgs as I was to VMK)

The bad stuff is that my English is not as good as it was since I am using English on a daily basis anymore.

Hey, super, how are you?

I'm busy with school and getting ready for marching band next year.

(Please clear a few PMs)

I've been spending most of my time working on lesson plans and grading tests and papers. When teaching stresses me out, I automatically think about VMK.

I've also been spending time with Weird. It's pretty amazing how we're back together after having dated in 2005-2006. VMK had a lot to do with our getting back together, since our little avatars kept us together and playing VMK was something we enjoyed together. We sat in our room, played HM, and I would play tons of Fireworks to get credits to trade for items for the both of us. Nowadays, I still randomly blurt out to Weird that I want to play VMK. It's sad, and I still haven't gotten over it.

Also within the year, I read both Kingdom Keepers books, which made it even more difficult to deal with no VMK. In the first book, the kids talk to each other and keep in contact via VMK.

Then in the second book, VMK doesn't exist anymore, but the old Imagineer guy, Wayne, tells them how to log on - explains that VMK was made for Imagineers to keep track of real things in the park (ride maintenance and such). However, it became too dangerous to have open because of the Overtakers (the evil bad guys), so they closed it ... to the public only.

Of course, the book's version of VMK gives the avatars more abilities than what we really had (ex. fighting trolls with swords!). Part of me feels even sadder when I read these things because I miss it so much. But there's a part of me that feels like a kid as I wonder, "Hmm, maybe that's the truth!" It somehow keeps the Disney magic alive in me as opposed to thinking that they closed it without caring about the tons of people who played it.

Oh, and instead of being on the VMK section of the boards 24/7, I'm now on the trip reports section all the time! Love reading TRs ... let me know if any VMKers write any! Can't wait to take Weird and Ninja to WDW in the future.

I mostly have been keeping up to date with my friends on know from vmk. I am growing stuff outside and playing small worlds when i can get on. Don't play Disney games anymore and i deleted my account as well. I'm on face book and i still go onto the vmk message boards often.

I'm into Smallworlds. Have also gotten myself engaged (to a non-disney, non-vmk person! Oh the horror!...but I think I turned that around by proposing to her in Disney, LOL!)

If you ever stop by SW, look me up...aka: Rightsaid Ned (oh and check out Rightsaids VMK Museum)

I have kept busy with school and wrestling. I started up working as a lifeguard. Since it's a seasonal job, I work there every summer. Also, me and my friends are producing short comedic films on Youtube. We call it Power Hour Productions. Not trying to advertise it or anything....;)

Pretty much now I'm all over the place. In terms of gaming, I'm on gaia, freerealms, and fusionfall now during most of my spare time. I've tried Elf Island and Smallworlds, but they just don't suit me right. But without VMK, I have started to make time to work out a little and take up painting as a hobby.

I just don't get why there aren't any games like VMK out there. Honestly. I miss my room building :(

I've tried a wide variety of online games like Wizard 101. I liked that game a lot. I just don't have the funds to pay to play that game. Vmk was perfect. In every way. Now I just focus on my studies and play games on my Wii.

haven't played much in the last few weeks of any game i know of. I go onto facebook alot to play farm town and join groups but that's about it. I am still not over this game and i don't think i ever will be. don't trust disney games anymore. it's only a matter of time before one of the other games they have on there begins to get boring or loosing money and it goes bye bye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!