AAA AP Activation question

DopeyDame

DIS Veteran
I have an AP voucher that I bought through AAA South.
It's successfully linked to MDE and I've used it for fast pass + reservations.
The email from AAA says I need to pick it up at Will Call at any of the four theme parks or at the TTC.
1. Do I need to actually do that, or will I be able to use my magic band right away for park access since it's already in my MDE account? (I know at some point I need to go to get my annual pass card for discounts, etc.)
2. If I do need to activate it in person, can I go to the Disney Springs location rather than a theme park?

I just want to avoid dealing with guest services at a park in the morning, if at all possible.

Thanks!

Yes, you need to activate the AP prior to it being valid for park entry. You can activate it at ANY Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location (including Disney Springs) at WDW.

What’s the price for a AAA South AP? If you are a AAA member but from a different club can you go in an purchase one or is it like a Florida resident ticket rate?

What’s the price for a AAA South AP? If you are a AAA member but from a different club can you go in an purchase one or is it like a Florida resident ticket rate?

It would depend on what ticket you purchase. AAA South offers regular APs and Florida Resident APs. When I did my AP renewal through AAA in October, the AAA discount was about $35 less than the Disney renewal rate. I renewed through AAA because my renewal window with Disney wasn't going to open until after the price increases and I could go ahead and get the voucher at AAA before the price went up.

My AP expires four days after my trip next month, so I plan to visit guest relations to activate the AP renewal during my December trip so I will be set for January. I would have to go to guest relations to prove Florida residency for my pass, so there's no way it could be activated through MDE even if that was an option for non resident passes. I think one day you will be able to activate regular passes through MDE - they just aren't there yet.

I have an AP voucher that I bought through AAA South.
It's successfully linked to MDE and I've used it for fast pass + reservations.
The email from AAA says I need to pick it up at Will Call at any of the four theme parks or at the TTC.
1. Do I need to actually do that, or will I be able to use my magic band right away for park access since it's already in my MDE account? (I know at some point I need to go to get my annual pass card for discounts, etc.)
2. If I do need to activate it in person, can I go to the Disney Springs location rather than a theme park?

I just want to avoid dealing with guest services at a park in the morning, if at all possible.

Thanks!
I am going to revitalize this posting, if you don't mind if I ask a related question...
I just purchased an AP through AAA last night. I linked it to MDE and I see it under tickets as a AP. Though I haven't tried, it looks like I'd successfully be able to book FP.
However, if I try to search for Room discounts with the AP discount, it sends me to the AP purchase page on MDE as if I do not have an AP linked.
Do you recall how quickly after you linked your voucher reservation number that you were able to use your AP for reservations if you made a room reservation on MDE? I'm also interested in buying DAH tickets with the AP discount, but it is showing me full price on MDE.
Do you think I need to give it a little more time, since I purchased from AAA? The website Q&A says give it 48 hours if you don't see your AP on MDE, but not sure if that is the same situation since I do see but it is being treated only as tickets. Not sure if it is a timing thing or a glitch.
TIA for your wisdom!

I am going to revitalize this posting, if you don't mind if I ask a related question...
I just purchased an AP through AAA last night. I linked it to MDE and I see it under tickets as a AP. Though I haven't tried, it looks like I'd successfully be able to book FP.
However, if I try to search for Room discounts with the AP discount, it sends me to the AP purchase page on MDE as if I do not have an AP linked.
Do you recall how quickly after you linked your voucher reservation number that you were able to use your AP for reservations if you made a room reservation on MDE? I'm also interested in buying DAH tickets with the AP discount, but it is showing me full price on MDE.
Do you think I need to give it a little more time, since I purchased from AAA? The website Q&A says give it 48 hours if you don't see your AP on MDE, but not sure if that is the same situation since I do see but it is being treated only as tickets. Not sure if it is a timing thing or a glitch.
TIA for your wisdom!

I had a lot of trouble seeing AP discounts when I had a voucher purchased through Disney. I think I finally was able to see it when I used the private safari page. But even then it was a problem. I believe I ended up having to call to use it to book a discount with it. Never had an issue booking FP with it - just a lot of trouble seeing AP discount page - kept wanting me to purchase one

I had a lot of trouble seeing AP discounts when I had a voucher purchased through Disney. I think I finally was able to see it when I used the private safari page. But even then it was a problem. I believe I ended up having to call to use it to book a discount with it. Never had an issue booking FP with it - just a lot of trouble seeing AP discount page - kept wanting me to purchase one
Thank you for letting me know. I’ll give private Safari a try from my laptop. And call otherwise rather than sitting and waiting. Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter