AAP in mid October

Chubster

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Universal in mid October and need advice on whether the AAP (Attraction Assistance Pass), would be suitable my family. My eldest son has autism and really struggles with crowds and waiting and whilst there is no doubt the pass is a huge help to families with special needs, it becomes less effective when the parks and busy and the lines are long (i.e. when a line is over 30 minutes, a return time is given)

We had the pass in November 2016 and found it great - I think the pass was used on practically all rides and we joined the EP line in most instances (we were given return times for just 1 or 2 rides).

Right now, I am worried that October will be much busier (esp with HHN, which we would not be attending) and this could result in 30+ min wait times. Crowd calendars are showing some days as slow and some as moderate, but I find it hard to equate this to whether wait times are likely to be more than 30 mins. We will be there for 2 weeks and are currently booked into Cabana Bay. To change to Royal Pacific would be an extra $1,200, which is a huge amount of money for us. We could try and find the money if we knew EPs were essential for October, but right now, we just don’t know what to do.... so if anyone has any insight into this, I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance!

If you're saying that your son has difficulty with return times, and needs to go into the EP immediately almost every time, I would spend the extra money for Royal Pacific. It isn't really reasonable, IMO, to expect to be able to go directly into the EP line almost every time unless you have the room key EP.

it is VERY hard to get the pass issued at no charge. either stay at a hotel that offers it, or buy it separately.

Right now, I am worried that October will be much busier (esp with HHN, which we would not be attending)
Granted, it's been a while since I've been to Universal, but as far as I know the park shuts down completely beforehand.

1) There have been multiple reports that during HHN times that the pass has been almost impossible to get.
2) If he has issues with getting the return time and waiting elsewhere, it may be worth it to get an Express Pass. The AAP won't grant immediate access but the Express Pass would.
3) If you are going during the day of HHN, go in the early morning and leave by 2-3. We went at rope drop on a HHN and walked right on to everything, including Minions and HP. I even mentioned how odd it was to someone working at HP and he said it was almost always like that on HHN. When we left around 3ish, it was picking up a lot, but until that point the park was almost empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!