• Hama Rikyu Gardens and Tea House
  • Traditional Japanese tea ceremony
  • Sumida river boat cruise
  • Sensoji Temple
  • Asakusa district tour
  • Sushi-making class and lunch - make and eat own sushi
  • Afternoon on own in Tokyo
  • Dinner on own in Tokyo
Due to timings, and not wanting to have sushi making and lunch too late in the afternoon, the order will be changed up a bit with the Sensoji Temple, river cruise and Asakusa district tour being moved to after lunch. Our AbD guides estimate the free time will start around 4pm. This means my DS and I will miss the river cruise and Asakusa tour, as we have booked (scored?) the very hard to get tickets to the Ghibli museum for 2pm this afternoon. We could not get an idea as to timing of the tour happenings & free time for today when the Ghibli tickets for April went on sale in March, so booked 2pm thinking we’d skip the sushi and lunch with the group if needed. We’ve discussed this with our AbD guides so they are aware, and they are OK with us stepping away from the tour at the temple to head up to the Ghibli.

Our hotel in Tokyo is right across the street from the Imperial Palace of Japan. With our later report time of 8:45, and we are still waking up a bit of the early side around 5:30-6:00, we decide to take an early morning walk around some of the palace grounds that are open to the public. It is a nice walk and the grounds are beautiful. While we can’t see the palace itself, we can see some buildings, and we found a couple of cherry trees with some lingering blossoms.

BD4AAAC6-A4A2-4DBD-9BE1-EE189D3CD86A.jpeg

There are two restaurants in the hotel and we have a choice of either one for our included breakfast. The later report time allows us also to try out the restaurant “Peter” on the 24th floor which opens at 8:00 a.m.; the lobby restaurant opens at 6:45. It was worth it with the beautiful views of the city; we can also see more of the palace grounds and buildings from up there. It is a buffet and also includes a made to order hot item. With the made to order aspect, breakfast does take a bit longer than the typical buffet only. I’d suggest you get there close to opening & then will have time to finish your meal without rushing before the report time.

First stop today is the Hama Rikyu Gardens and Tea House and Traditional Japanese tea ceremony. We arrive shortly after 9:00 and are met here by a local guide who explains the history of the gardens, which date back to the shogun period. This is like an oasis in the middle of the hustle & bustle of Tokyo.

C822C571-39D4-46AE-8E92-82FC2FBD90D3.jpeg

The tea ceremony was interesting; Japanese sweets are very sweet! After the tea ceremony we have a choice of either wandering on our own or continuing with the local expert. Many of us continued with the local expert, where we learned more about the garden history and plants & trees.

B2C1BDCE-4819-4F85-9000-54603C7C2A39.jpeg

By the entrance, there is a 300-year-old pine tree that is so big! Japanese pines are different from those found in the US, as they grow wider rather than taller, with several large spreading branches. The entire width and height of the tree is what you see in this photo, from edge to edge.

60C2A7FA-06F1-4230-9681-C0EAB5D6BC0D.jpeg

We have a total of 90 minutes here before heading to our sushi making class and lunch. This class was a lot of fun. Several adventurers commented that making sushi is not actually as difficult as it appears when watching the chefs make it, now that we have learned a couple of preparation tips. We make two different types of rolled sushi - a traditional with veggies and tuna, and a California roll. Humorous side note - the California roll originated in California, not Japan, and is rarely if ever found in Japanese sushi restaurants. We saw it on the menu only for the Japanese restaurant in the hotel in Kyoto, and not anywhere else, so it is funny to me that our Japanese sushi making class will teach us to make an American version of a sushi roll. This is likely because it is familiar and a lot of people will enjoy it. The prep session takes about an hour and then we will eat our creations. Mine did not turn out looking too good, so here is a photo of my DS sushi,

B32807FE-7E2D-4A41-A1A9-71AFF361D546.jpeg

One thing to add here - yesterday on our bus travels, the guides asked about anyone who might prefer a sandwich to the sushi. A few of us, including me, raised our hands. They took orders with a choice of three sandwich options, and those were delivered as our sushi prep session ended so we could all eat together.

About 12:45, we start heading over to the Sensoji temple which is in the Asakusa area. Our local guide continues with us. The Asakusa area is one of the oldest parts of Tokyo. There is a lot of traffic driving across town. We get to the temple and will have about an hour to see the famous paper lantern at the front, browse the shopping district, and tour the temple.

This is where my DS and I leave the group. With the traffic, we’ve arrived about 10 minutes later than expected. One of the AbD guides gets us off the bus first, we rush over to the paper lantern for a quick photo and then he helps us hail a taxi for the ride fo the Ghibli as there is not time to take the train and make our timed entrance window...think like a fast pass return time.

For future adventures, I would unfortunately recommend not trying to fit the Ghibli into your free afternoon, as this was really cutting it too close to get to the museum at the designated mid-afternoon time since the museum is about an hour away from the Asakusa area. If your heart is set on getting to the Ghibli, then I’d suggest the 4:00 pm entrance time rather than 2pm. While it is a bit less time in the museum, you would have some breathing room for the trip over plus you’d still be able to do the shopping district and see the inside of the temple.

Because it was quite an adventure to get to the Ghibli, here is a photo of the famous robot on the roof from “Castle in the Sky”. No photos are allowed anywhere inside.

7A85D3C3-83C1-4310-941D-ADCC46A967D0.jpeg

We miss seeing the inside of the temple, the shopping district, and the Sumida river boat ride. The plan for the group was after the time at the temple, about an hour I think, a short walk to get to where the river boat would be boarded. Then cruise the river for a bit seeing the Tokyo skyline, and pick up the bus at the end of the cruise for the ride back to the hotel, arriving back around 4pm for free time and dinner on our own.

We have an 8:30 report time tomorrow morning.

You may or may not be aware, Japan is getting a new Emperor on May 1- the current emperor Akihito is stepping down and his oldest son Crown Prince Naruhito will be the new emperor. Each emperor has a unique name for their era of reign. Emperor Akihito is Heisei and Crown Prince Naruhito will be Reiwa. We learned from our shadow AbD guide in training that with the change in era, it is tradition to sell boxes of cookies and sweets in commemoration of the new era; these items are sold only for a limited time, we think until the end of this year. Our Takayama hotel gift shop has some of these commemorative items. This is the first time we have seen these, so that is one of the things we picked up here. We aren’t sure where we may find similar items in Tokyo. If I do see them, I’ll make note in my posts for future reference.

That is so cool! They announced the name while I was traveling, and while I saw a few quickly cobbled together souvenirs like phone cases and keychains there were no cookies or anything made well yet so didn't bring anything home. Its fun to think that future groups will be there during Reiwa 1! (This year so far is Heisei 31 - everyone is bustling to switch computer programs, calendars, contracts etc to the new era currently which is so strange... Its certainly much easier to just count up from 1 AD!)

Your recent post reminded me I completely forgot to go to the Cup Noodle museum... one of these days I will remember. :blush: I did accidentally go to the same garden and have tea at the same tea house though. I chose it on a whim when I decided to not go up to Nikko on my last full day. I really enjoyed that that they use salt water from the ocean - you can walk along a sea wall and see the sluice gates there as well if you have time. The brochure says you can even see eels and other fish depending, but I did not see anything like that.

How did you enjoy the Ghibli museum..? Did you have enough time to see the whole exhibit? I've always gone for a 10am ticket and end up staying till about 2pm but I *really* love it and make sure to eat at the cafe too as their parfaits and coffee are adorable. It sounds like Disney keeps you well covered on food on this trip though so I'm sure you were still full from lunch! :thumbsup2

Edited to add - has your report always been listed under completed Disney trip reports? I had a hard time finding it today and it's not completed so it seems odd?

Last edited:
How did you enjoy the Ghibli museum..? Did you have enough time to see the whole exhibit? I've always gone for a 10am ticket and end up staying till about 2pm but I *really* love it and make sure to eat at the cafe too as their parfaits and coffee are adorable.
We loved the Ghibli. It was not as crowded as I expected, but maybe that was because we arrived towards the end of our entrance window so were behind the crowd surge. It could also be that they really limit the tickets each day so people can enjoy it without being over crowded.

I was outside up by the cafe when the 4pm people lined up, it was a long line and made for a very crowded first level for a while until those folks started making their way to the other floors. I’m kind of glad we were not there right at the start of our ticket window as we got in right away, no line, and has the basement level almost to ourselves.

We were there until almost closing but did not stop at the cafe. The gift shop was very crowded, as expected, so we did a divide and conquer - my DS went through almost first thing, picked out what he wanted, then I waited in the long line to pay so he could spend more time in the museum. Though the line was long, it moved quicker than I expected. Also, there were not a lot of people up on the roof which was also nice.

has your report always been listed under completed Disney trip reports? I had a hard time finding it today and it's not completed so it seems odd?
I have not yet posted it to the AbD trip reports since it is a work in progress. I’ll post it there when it is finished. For now, I’ve only posted the link in our AbD to Japan planning thread to share with those on the planning journey.

That is so cool! They announced the name while I was traveling, and while I saw a few quickly cobbled together souvenirs like phone cases and keychains there were no cookies or anything made well yet so didn't bring anything home. Its fun to think that future groups will be there during Reiwa 1! (This year so far is Heisei 31 - everyone is bustling to switch computer programs, calendars, contracts etc to the new era currently which is so strange... Its certainly much easier to just count up from 1 AD!)
So far, we have not seen anything related to the era change here in Tokyo, but we are in the Ginza district which may be a bit upscale for those types of items. We’ve not yet done any shopping in Tokyo; that comes today. Those on the Asakusa shopping time may have seen some items there yesterday. I’m glad we picked up the items when we did.

Tuesday April 23

Our last full AbD touring day...a bit sad that our adventure is ending, but this also means Tokyo Disney resort is tomorrow!! Our report time is 8:30; we expect to break for free time sometime around 11 and will need to be ready for an early farewell dinner this evening. Here is our agenda for today -
  • Meiji Jingu shrine & Kagura ceremony
  • Takeshita street
  • Lunch & afternoon on own in Tokyo -
  • Farewell dinner at Happo-en
We are joined on our bus by a local expert, and arrive at the shrine shortly after 9am. The Meiji Jingu shrine is a Shinto shrine that is associated with the emperor of Japan. The Kagura ceremony is a special ceremony to the Shinto religion. It is approx 20 minutes long and we will be blessed for future happy travels, a perfect one for our AbD group. AbD recognizes that some folks may not want to attend and participate, so those folks can wait outside with one of the guides while the other is with us inside. Most of our group chooses to attend; a few did not. After this, we have a short time - maybe 10 minutes- to explore the rest of the main area of the shrine before heading back to the bus.

D96E3E9F-CFEF-484F-8429-5CAC8033AD43.jpeg 5B6D8084-DD43-4104-BD74-BB0F1B1F1FB2.jpeg

Next stop - Takeshita street. This is a narrow street with lots of little shops on either side. We have about 30 minutes here, and also have a choice to either leave the group here & make our way back to the hotel ourselves in time for our farewell dinner, or else hop back on the bus to be dropped back at the hotel. Our tour ends up about 50-50 between those leaving the group here and those returning to the hotel to start the free time there. There is a small Disney store about half way down Takeshita street, on the left & up the stairs inside another shop.

For us, we grab quick things for lunch as our afternoon plans are to get on a train for a short trip to Akiahibara, the center or the universe for fans of Japanese anime and manga. My DS is a huge fan, and has a list of the shops he wants to try to hit. The area is a few blocks square just off the train station, with lots of shops in buildings 6-7 stories tall. Most times it is one shop per floor; sometimes a shop will occupy a couple of floors. There are a lot of people in this area.

10B581A2-4DBC-4F05-9C98-A57CBE900A1D.jpeg

This was the afternoon for my DS - he shopped & I carried the shopping bags from shop to shop for him. I also did some people watching along the way. Our deal is he will do the same for me when we get to the Tokyo Disney resort.

89BC6EC1-B5FD-4A5F-88C1-AF097DC94686.jpeg

Other things some of our fellow adventurers did included shop around the Ginza area by our hotel, head over to the old Tokyo fish market area to shop for Japanese knives ( some of the best in the world), rest at the hotel, or repack/better organize bags before heading to Disney parks. You could also explore the gardens of the Imperial Palace, which are open to the public.

We have a report time for our dinner at 5:15 pm. It is a short bus ride to Happo-en for our farewell dinner. Before dinner, we have a short walk through a beautiful garden. This garden has several bonsai trees, some of which are several hundred years old. There is also a pond with the biggest koi fish I have ever seen.

F9090223-E050-40A2-BB42-EFD09DAA5B5D.jpeg 52E41F70-48BC-40D5-9D73-620DC45006FF.jpeg

Dinner was delicious, sort of Japanese fusion ( my description) as it is Western food with Japanese touches included. It is fun to share memories of the most wonderful time in Japan, and also a few tears as our trip has come to an end.

On the way to & from the dinner, and also while we are there before dinner, we get our information regarding transfer to Tokyo Disney (TDR) and departures. All but one of our group is heading to TDR. For those going to TDR, bags need to be outside our rooms at 6:30 a.m. and the bus will leave at 7:30 a.m. No one is complaining as it is approx a 30-minute to TDR and this will get us to the hotel, checked in, bags dropped with bell services, and ready to to be at the park for rope drop and get into the park at the 9:00 opening. This has been a big planning question for me, how much time we’d have in TDR on our first day there, so I’m happy for the early start. For those on the AbD TDR extension, we also get our info for our airport transfers on Friday & what time we will be leaving the hotel.

Some did not purchase the AbD TDR extension and are exploring TDR on their own. A few are staying at the Mira Costa at Tokyo Disney Sea; the bus will drop them off second after the TDR Disneyland hotel drop.

Our guides will travel with us on the bus to TDR to help facilitate the check-in process. We will also get our park tickets and fast passes on the bus ride over.

We did some reorganization and repacking after dinner, putting all of the things we will need for TDR in our smaller carryon bags so we won’t need to get into our larger bags at all while there. I’m most happy that I still have room in my luggage for TDR souvenirs!!!

Nest stop, Tokyo Disneyland! This is our first international park; for some, it is their last to complete visits to every Disney Park in the world.

It will likely be a few days before my next and closing posts....stay tuned for some final comments, hints and tips.

On the way to & from the dinner, and also while we are there before dinner, we get our information regarding transfer to Tokyo Disney (TDR) and departures. All but one of our group is heading to TDR. For those going to TDR, bags need to be outside our rooms at 6:30 a.m. and the bus will leave at 7:30 a.m. No one is complaining as it is approx a 30-minute to TDR and this will get us to the hotel, checked in, bags dropped with bell services, and ready to to be at the park for rope drop and get into the park at the 9:00 opening. This has been a big planning question for me, how much time we’d have in TDR on our first day there, so I’m happy for the early start. For those on the AbD TDR extension, we also get our info for our airport transfers on Friday & what time we will be leaving the hotel.

Some did not purchase the AbD TDR extension and are exploring TDR on their own. A few are staying at the Mira Costa at Tokyo Disney Sea; the bus will drop them off second after the TDR Disneyland hotel drop.

Our guides will travel with us on the bus to TDR to help facilitate the check-in process. We will also get our park tickets and fast passes on the bus ride over.

Were they offering the transfer service to the TDR in lieu of the return to airport for guests who had not booked the add-on? That's good news!

Were they offering the transfer service to the TDR in lieu of the return to airport for guests who had not booked the add-on? That's good news!
Yes, it appears so. Those folks would not get help with luggage at the hotel or checkin as the AbD guides exited the bus at the TDR hotel with the tour package people. The AbD guides are not in the parks with us, but they were helping with luggage logistics while we did pre-checkin and headed into the parks.

Maybe someone who continued on to the Mira Costs can provide a confirmation here for you.

Thanks so much for the great trip report! It's been very helpful. I feel packing for close to 3 wks for us is going to be the big challenge while still saving space for souvenirs!

Yes, it appears so. Those folks would not get help with luggage at the hotel or checkin as the AbD guides exited the bus at the TDR hotel with the tour package people. The AbD guides are not in the parks with us, but they were helping with luggage logistics while we did pre-checkin and headed into the parks.

Maybe someone who continued on to the Mira Costs can provide a confirmation here for you.
We were one of two couples who did the park extension on our own-- all worked out great, more details later along with a few tips/thoughts...

We were one of two couples who did the park extension on our own-- all worked out great, more details later along with a few tips/thoughts...

Cool! I'd love to know how the transfer from the Peninsula worked and how you got to the airport after TDR. We were told ABD would drop us off at TDR even though we didn't book the add on, but we haven't made any plans yet to get to Narita afterwards.

Wednesday April 24 -

We have a 7:30 report time, to head over to TDR, which means breakfast in the lobby atrium dining area as the Peter on the 24th floor does not open until 8a.m. It has the same main dishes without the awesome skyline views or the buffet offerings. Luggage was outside our door at 6:30 a.m. We did end up with one extra bag for the transfers, due to packing logistics of what we wanted easily available at TDR. We will downsize again for our trip home.

As we got on the bus, those who purchased the AbD TDR extension were handed our travel packets. This has our hotel reservation confirmation along with our tickets, resort monorail passes, fast passes, resort monorail passes, breakfast coupons, etc.

Some unexpected surprises with the AbD TDR package -
—our park tickets are park hoppers (known as crossover here) for all three days, not just the third day of the ticket like with a normal TDR 3-day pass
—we have vouchers for a lanyard & cute Mickey ticket holder
—we also have a gift merchandise voucher that is good for your choice of one of three items - a stainless water bottle, a canvas tote bag, or a third thing we think is a mat that is very popular with the Japanese to use when sitting on the ground or curb for parades & shows
—the drink coupon voucher, we thought it was for one drink, is good for the length of your stay! We found this out the first time we used it and the cast Member didn’t take it from us. It is good for fountain drinks at counter/quick Service restaurants. It is not good for bottled drinks ie at the carts nor at the buffets. Still, this is a nice surprise.

The Transfers to Tokyo Disney Resort were very smooth, and a quick drive that early as we arrived shortly after 8a.m. On the way, our AbD guides provided some Park & restaurant tips and suggestions. They also stressed — our tickets, fast passes, and vouchers are like gold and cannot be replaced, so guard them carefully.

We exited the bus and were able to head straight to pre-checkin at the hotel. The hotel had a separate checkin for our group to expedite the process. Note they will need to copy everyone’s passport, so be sure whoever is checking in has all of the passports for your Family. The AbD guides stayed with our luggage to get it off the bus and into bell services for storage until our rooms were ready, which means getting to the park gates more quickly for us. Love this AbD service!!

If you want to redeem your lanyard and/or gift vouchers before heading into the parks, you can do so at the hotel gift shop which is down the stairs to the first floor ( lobby is on the third floor) and to the right. The back of the vouchers lists all locations where they can be redeemed. We redeemed the lanyards before heading to the parks so we’d have them, and then picked up our merchandise item when we returned to the hotel to get our room keys & luggage.

56228EF6-9B17-4B27-B57E-51399903E716.jpeg

At pre-checkin is where we got the Happy 15 tickets - TDR hotel guests get a voucher to get into either park 15 minutes ahead of the crowds. Sort of like magic morning but not as long, it would get you to the end of their Main Street & to the ropes heading towards the various lands before everyone else. Seeing the crowds waiting to get in, I think this will be a nice perk. Note that unlike the US Disney parks where we can get early morning access on checkin day, for TDR our Happy 15 will only be good for Thursday and Friday. They gave us printed vouchers we will use, so be sure not to lose them.

We headed back to our room around 5pm (rooms ready starting at 4:30pm) to get our room keys and get our luggage from bell services. We then realized we had no claim check for our bags... but no worries, as we found the hotel had already delivered our bags to our room. I don’t know if that is standard practice for TDR or unique to our AbD package; either way it is very much appreciated.

We are in a Standard Superior room. Our room looks out into the park and we have a view of the castle, the volcano from Disney Sea, and Space Mountain. We were able to watch (and hear if we opened the balcony door) the castle projection show from our room, which was nice as we’d headed back to our room rather than closing the park. We were tired and want to be well rested for our Tokyo Disney Sea day. Fun view through the Mickey silhouettes on the balcony railings -

87FC9E4D-9F21-4D0D-B90F-1B02EED00764.jpeg

Next posts will be our departure from the hotel and airport transfers, and some final tips and helpful hints.

That view from your room is amazing! :) SO cool!

Thanks for all the details about this day & the TDR package, etc. Really useful information, I was wondering about that! I'd *heard* that the tickets were going to be Park Hoppers for all 3 days, but I didn't want to mention it in case the person who told me that was mistaken. And then I kind of forgot about it. But better to be surprised than disappointed!

How big is that adorable Mickey lanyard? It's hard to tell. Did it take you much time to go get it?

So looking forward to the rest of your report!!

Sayhello

Wednesday April 24 -

We have a 7:30 report time, to head over to TDR, which means breakfast in the lobby atrium dining area as the Peter on the 24th floor does not open until 8a.m. It has the same main dishes without the awesome skyline views or the buffet offerings. Luggage was outside our door at 6:30 a.m. We did end up with one extra bag for the transfers, due to packing logistics of what we wanted easily available at TDR. We will downsize again for our trip home.

As we got on the bus, those who purchased the AbD TDR extension were handed our travel packets. This has our hotel reservation confirmation along with our tickets, resort monorail passes, fast passes, resort monorail passes, breakfast coupons, etc.

Some unexpected surprises with the AbD TDR package -
—our park tickets are park hoppers (known as crossover here) for all three days, not just the third day of the ticket like with a normal TDR 3-day pass
—we have vouchers for a lanyard & cute Mickey ticket holder
—we also have a gift merchandise voucher that is good for your choice of one of three items - a stainless water bottle, a canvas tote bag, or a third thing we think is a mat that is very popular with the Japanese to use when sitting on the ground or curb for parades & shows
—the drink coupon voucher, we thought it was for one drink, is good for the length of your stay! We found this out the first time we used it and the cast Member didn’t take it from us. It is good for fountain drinks at counter/quick Service restaurants. It is not good for bottled drinks ie at the carts nor at the buffets. Still, this is a nice surprise.

The Transfers to Tokyo Disney Resort were very smooth, and a quick drive that early as we arrived shortly after 8a.m. On the way, our AbD guides provided some Park & restaurant tips and suggestions. They also stressed — our tickets, fast passes, and vouchers are like gold and cannot be replaced, so guard them carefully.

We exited the bus and were able to head straight to pre-checkin at the hotel. The hotel had a separate checkin for our group to expedite the process. Note they will need to copy everyone’s passport, so be sure whoever is checking in has all of the passports for your Family. The AbD guides stayed with our luggage to get it off the bus and into bell services for storage until our rooms were ready, which means getting to the park gates more quickly for us. Love this AbD service!!

If you want to redeem your lanyard and/or gift vouchers before heading into the parks, you can do so at the hotel gift shop which is down the stairs to the first floor ( lobby is on the third floor) and to the right. The back of the vouchers lists all locations where they can be redeemed. We redeemed the lanyards before heading to the parks so we’d have them, and then picked up our merchandise item when we returned to the hotel to get our room keys & luggage.

View attachment 396826

At pre-checkin is where we got the Happy 15 tickets - TDR hotel guests get a voucher to get into either park 15 minutes ahead of the crowds. Sort of like magic morning but not as long, it would get you to the end of their Main Street & to the ropes heading towards the various lands before everyone else. Seeing the crowds waiting to get in, I think this will be a nice perk. Note that unlike the US Disney parks where we can get early morning access on checkin day, for TDR our Happy 15 will only be good for Thursday and Friday. They gave us printed vouchers we will use, so be sure not to lose them.

We headed back to our room around 5pm (rooms ready starting at 4:30pm) to get our room keys and get our luggage from bell services. We then realized we had no claim check for our bags... but no worries, as we found the hotel had already delivered our bags to our room. I don’t know if that is standard practice for TDR or unique to our AbD package; either way it is very much appreciated.

We are in a Standard Superior room. Our room looks out into the park and we have a view of the castle, the volcano from Disney Sea, and Space Mountain. We were able to watch (and hear if we opened the balcony door) the castle projection show from our room, which was nice as we’d headed back to our room rather than closing the park. We were tired and want to be well rested for our Tokyo Disney Sea day. Fun view through the Mickey silhouettes on the balcony railings -

View attachment 396827

Next posts will be our departure from the hotel and airport transfers, and some final tips and helpful hints.

Thank you for all this very useful information. Makes me very glad that I ended up keeping the TDR add-on with ABD. Sounds like it will be well worth it for us!

Cool! Sounds like the transfer was pretty smooth. Awesome that the guides came along. Did the majority of the guests go to TDR after the ABD? Also, thanks for including the times btw! I know it may not be exact but it helps when planning activities or meals OYO.

For anyone choosing between the ABD add on and doing it OYO, the packages purchased through TDR also include park hoppers from the first day on. It’s only non packaged tickets that limit park hopping. I think the main advantage with the ABD add on is more Fastpasses than the TDR packages offer. Can’t remember how many. That and it sounds like expedited check in with the guides’ help and transfers to the airport.

Cool! Sounds like the transfer was pretty smooth. Awesome that the guides came along. Did the majority of the guests go to TDR after the ABD? Also, thanks for including the times btw! I know it may not be exact but it helps when planning activities or meals OYO.

For anyone choosing between the ABD add on and doing it OYO, the packages purchased through TDR also include park hoppers from the first day on. It’s only non packaged tickets that limit park hopping. I think the main advantage with the ABD add on is more Fastpasses than the TDR packages offer. Can’t remember how many. That and it sounds like expedited check in with the guides’ help and transfers to the airport.
The ABD package (2 night/3 day) includes 3 Fastpass (A) and 12 Fastpass (D).

Sayhello

Yep. I think the packages purchased through TDR are 2 (A) Fastpasses and 6 (D)’s.
Correct. And we got all of the surprises noted above (lanyard, reusable drink tickets, gifts etc). We stayed at the Mira Costa with a Bay view, bfast included, but the OYO price was significantly less. BTW, we ended up giving away three D FPs , as the crowds were not bad and we didn't need to use all of them (2 A and 6 D pp, or 4 and 12). But--- we did have to pick up our package from the ticket center, and we are using an airport service now for roughly $17 pp. Summer crowds will change the dynamic, so I offer no advice re package vs. OYO. Airport transportation arranged by the Bell captain, and you can do that when you check in or even day 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter