ABD Japan - Day 6 - Go Shirakawa Go!

@Stuchang - another fabulous video! Shirakawa-go looks just magical in the rain like that! I hope it wasn't too bothersome!

Beautiful- one of my favorite days on the Japan AbD.
Same here! I adored that day. And it was something that *never* would have been on my radar if ABD hadn't included it. I believe it was Tomomi who said that Shirakawa-go is a bucket-list place for a lot of Japanese! And we made it there! :)

Sayhello

@Stuchang - another fabulous video! Shirakawa-go looks just magical in the rain like that! I hope it wasn't too bothersome!

Same here! I adored that day. And it was something that *never* would have been on my radar if ABD hadn't included it. I believe it was Tomomi who said that Shirakawa-go is a bucket-list place for a lot of Japanese! And we made it there! :)

Sayhello
You know the saying... a rainy day on vacation is better than a bay at work LOL! Sure sunshine would have been better, but a little rain didn't dampen my spirits. I felt sorry for the ABD behind us who had to deal with the Typhoon. That only affected our post ABD stay. We ended up staying three more days because we could not get a flight out.

You know the saying... a rainy day on vacation is better than a bay at work LOL! Sure sunshine would have been better, but a little rain didn't dampen my spirits. I felt sorry for the ABD behind us who had to deal with the Typhoon. That only affected our post ABD stay. We ended up staying three more days because we could not get a flight out.
I'll tell you, if I'm going to be caught in a Typhoon while on vacation, I'd want it to be with ABD taking care of everything! Where did you end up staying for the extra 3 days??

Sayhello

One of my favorite days! Well I actually enjoyed everyday except the day of the Typhoon. Shirakawa was a lovely village and one that I never would have found without ABD. Loved the bike ride - bonus points for being a flat route. It was interesting learning about small farm rice production and those special cows. Thanks for taking the time to share another wonderful video.

@Stuchang, thanks again for creating and sharing these wonderful video reports about your Japan trip!

Shirakawa-go was the destination I was most looking forward to on this trip. Because it is remote, it would be harder to go there on your own than to visit Kyoto, Tokyo, etc.

I'll tell you, if I'm going to be caught in a Typhoon while on vacation, I'd want it to be with ABD taking care of everything! Where did you end up staying for the extra 3 days??

Sayhello
Oh the worst of places.... Tokyo Disneyland resort area. Started at the Disneyland hotel, ended up at the Sheraton when Disneyland hotel wanted $750 per night. Got Sheraton on points.

Oh the worst of places.... Tokyo Disneyland resort area. Started at the Disneyland hotel, ended up at the Sheraton when Disneyland hotel wanted $750 per night. Got Sheraton on points.
Wow! Tough luck, that! 😉 🤣 Glad you were able to work that out!

Sayhello

Funny about the talk of being stuck in a typhoon while on an ABD. That actually happened to us. We were on the DIS exclusive China ABD a couple of years ago when a typhoon hit Hong Kong.

Funny about the talk of being stuck in a typhoon while on an ABD. That actually happened to us. We were on the DIS exclusive China ABD a couple of years ago when a typhoon hit Hong Kong.
I remember that. I know a bunch of the folks that were on that trip!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!