? about cash ressies for the weekend

loribell

DIS Veteran
When I called to make my points reservation I split the weeks up to avoid using points for the weekend. At that time the CM from MS asked if I wanted her to check on the cash ressie for me. When I hesitated not knowing for sure what to do she said that the answer was yes, as if she could definately get me the best deal. She then checked and said that the discounts weren't posted yet and to call back in a couple of weeks. My question is this, will MS definately be able to get me the best available rate? Can they check for any discount or only for the DVC discount? Do I need to call back this soon to make that ressie and keep trying for a better rate as the time gets nearer or what? This is my first DVC trip so I'm not sure what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks'

Lori

MS can try for the DVC discount (25%); do not believe it is capable of doing ressies for other discounts that might be available (like AP, Disney Club, and Disney specials) as those are done by CRO/Disney Travel. Also it can be difficult to get a room with the DVC discount.

It surprised me that she acted like she could get me the best possible rate. Didn't really think she could do any of the other discounts. So should I go ahead and make the reservations now and how do I make sure we don't have to change rooms? Is this possible, not changing rooms, I mean?

MS has recently indicated a willingness to match other discounts (DC and/or AP) at DVC resorts. If the reservation is made thru MS, they will link the dates together so you won't have to move.

If you make part of the ressie thru CRO, you may have to move, as the reservations are made thru different computer programs.

I'd make the ressie thru MS and if you find a lower rate later, see if MS will match the rate.

Good Luck!

I have made many of my reservations by doing cash on the weekends. When I book my original vacation, I book the weekend cash reservation at the same time. I always ask if the DVC discount is available at that time. If it is, I get it, if not, I periodically check to see if it becomes available. I don't want to take a chance that the weekend will book and I'll lose out. As Doc said, they link the reservations together. I usually end up with three reservations, because I may start on Wed with points for Wed and Thurs (one reservation), cash for Friday and Saturday (second reservation) and points for Monday through Thursday (third reservation). You may receive the points reservation separate from the cash reservation because they always have to confirm the cash availability. I have never had to move and have never had a problem with this type of reservations. I have often gone from one bedroom to two bedroom within this same type of reservation. Just be clear when you make your reservations what you want and MS is great about helping you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter