? About HypoGlycemia

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
Not related to WDW, but thought I could ask here... well, I guess it is related because it is worse at WDW... here it goes...

A few years ago my Doctor was concerned that I was bordering on Hypoglycemia. My blood glucose levels after eating where still low, etc. Sometimes when I go more than 2-3 hours without eating I feel terrible, I'm talking shaky, sweating, upset stomach, my eyes "hurt", so on and so forth. So yesterday while visiting my grandfather I decided to do some self Dx'ing... I know bad bad.. anyhow I took my glucose when I started to feel "bad". It was 70, ok not bad, but on the very low end of normal I think. This was about 2 1/2 hours after eating breakfast. So I kept feeling sick, took it about 25 minutes later and it had dropped to 56. I'm assuming it would have kept going down had I not done something. (I ate a gramhm cracker w/ little pb on it, per Dgf's suggestion). Which didn't do much for my feeling, I did eat lunch 1/2 hour later and felt fine after that. I'm a little concerned, but should I be? I'm not currently insured so going to the DR will be a lot, would you be worried, or? I wouldn't think after only 2 1/2 hours I should be like that when the normal span between meals for most people is 5 or more hours. The reason I worry is sometimes I can't just go eat. Sometimes I'll eat and a little while later I'll feel so bad (sleepy) I'll pass out for a bit. Not pass out as in faint, but feel so tired I can't help it. Any ideas? I know I'm probably just a worry wort...lol. Anyone with Hypoglycemia, what is the point when you need help, etc. Whats a dangerous glucose level?

Anything 72 and under is considered dangerous and in need of treatment. Consider eating 6 mini meals instead of the normal 3 a day to even your blood sugar lows out. And if you can go see a doctor.

Keep a snack with you at all times, something with carbs and protein to help keep your blood sugar up. Pre-packaged peanut butter crackers are good and they hold up quite well in a pocket or purse. And see your doctor! Low blood sugar is dangerous and can be life-threatening, especially if you are driving etc when a low hits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter