About Southwest Airlines

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
Now that the schedule has opened through 9-8-03, when do they usually put their specials is it always on Tuesdays or could it be at anytime? I know people are talking about friends fly free, but I won't hold out for that. Can any of you Southwest Flyers give me any insite into Southwest. Also, traveling with a child in leg braces who will be 8 at the time will we get to pre-board?

shelby2001,
I would think they would allow you to pre-board. But, call and ask just to be sure. They have always been extremely accomodating (and they are always very nice on the phone, too).
( 1800 I FLY SWA or 1-800-435- 9792)

They have specials that come out every Tuesday. They also have additional promotions from time to time link to the click n save page
Occasionally, I will find an extremely good fare that hasn't been advertised....so, it doesn't hurt to just check out the reservations pages every now and then.

Have you already signed up for your rapid reward (frequent flyer) cards? It used to be that you couldn't sign up until you actually booked a flight, but now you can sign up immediately and they even give you 2 rapid reward bonuses for signing up! link to SWA rapid reward online sign up They often give double credit for flights when you make your ressies on-line (link for more info) Also, SWA has partners that give you rapid reward credit....
I hope you find an awesome fare!

-DC :)

They will most definitely allow your child to preboard, in fact, your child and the rest of the immediate family will preboard before people with small children, you are under the classification of "special needs".

The specials come out Tuesdays. The advice given in the previous post was very good, go with it.

Many other questions you might have can be answered right on their site. They do cover everything, but, of course, if you cannot find it, just ask here. Someone is bound to have the answer.

For the promo fares, it says 14 day advance purchase required. Now I am flying to Nashville in June, and if I buy my ticket say next week, will I still qualify for the promo fare, or do I have to get them within the 2 weeks before my trip? I figure I will still qualify, but I had to ask anyhow.

Thanx

Jules

CdnDisneyFan,
and if I buy my ticket say next week, will I still qualify for the promo fare, or do I have to get them within the 2 weeks before my trip? I figure I will still qualify, but I had to ask anyhow.

A 14 day advance purchase required means you have to purchase your tickets at least two weeks prior to your departure. When you go to purchase your tickets on-line, you will see if a particular flight offers a special deal (sometimes, the really good fares sell out and only the more expensive seats are left).
So, as soon as you see your qualifying good deal, buy the tickets! (From where I fly out of (BWI), if we were to wait until 2 weeks prior, often times, there would be no seats left at any price! )

-DC :)

I flew SW in February and, using a cane due to neurological and balance problems, was allowed to preboard every time.
I did find the procedure varied from airport to airport. At some, I had to go to the desk at the gate, where one time I was given a "blue sleeve" (a blue plastic holder too small for my ticket) for early boarding, and another time "preboard" was written on my paper. The other two times, I was told to just proceed to the Preboard holding area without anything special.
So be sure to mention the need to preboard as requirements vary! Also it was the desk near the gate that helped me, not the ticket counter.
I had been really stressed about boarding (which made my problems worse!!!) but we had a really smooth trip with no problems!

Originally posted by Earstou
... be sure to mention the need to preboard as requirements vary! Also it was the desk near the gate that helped me, not the ticket counter ...

I observed the same thing although the SW employees were always friendly & helpful about letting me preboard. My knee condition is not an obvious concern like braces on a young child. Shelby, I doubt you will have a problem. Enjoy your trip!

It is always best to speak to a gate agent and get the blue sleeve. Makes life easier for everyone concerned.

They tend to announce this many times during the time you are waiting for the plane or waiting to board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter