? about the waitlist

loribell

DIS Veteran
How does this open up? Is it just from cancelled DVC member reservations or when it gets close to trip time and the resort isn't close to capacity do they open up more rooms for members? Just wondering.

Also, do they just hold a wait list reservation for a certain amount of time and then drop it? I'm not sure what happens.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Yes, the wait list opens when other member's reservations are cancelled.

It is maintained until 30 days before and then cleared. If you want to be kept on the list- you can ask to be placed back. It clears again 7 days before- unless you request to be kept on.

There are separate inventories used for reservations. Some are available only for cash reservations (at unsold resorts and for points used by members at non-DVC resorts) and the members inventory is held for point reservations.

Good luck!

Thanks, I did not know the waitlist was cleared out 30 days and again at seven days. We have reservations at VWL and want to be kept on the waitlist. Can you request to be kept on the waitlist, without being dropped at the 30 and 7 day point? It would be one less DVC timeframe to have to remember.

Johnnie, I know you have to specifically request to stay on, but am not sure if you can request that in advance of the 30 day period.

Certainly an email would accomplish the same thing instead of having to wait thru a phone call.

Hopefully, you'll have your reservation before that time anyway!! Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter