• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about waiting in line

Trisa

Earning My Ears
I have been to WDW 3 times this time will have a 21 month old
My ? is do you park the stroller at the beginning or near the end of the line? Also Im taking my own stroller becasue I must have one that my dd can sleep in, Will it be safe to just leave while riding? Thanks!!

You leave your stroller in a "stroller parking lot"( not sure what it is called exactly) that are watched by CM at the Start of the line.

Thanks! As I sat here I was thinking hum that was a stupid question. But I just wanted to make sure if the lines are long if I will have to hold her the entire time. Not fun:(

Trisa -

I HIGHLY recommend a baby sling for standing in lines. It may not work out for you if your child is old enough to resist something new. My DDs were both carried in one from birth, and I was able to use it with them until they were over 3. Here's where I got mine: http://www.parentingconcepts.com . E-mail them and ask if they have any clearance slings. I got my last one really cheap.
If you don't want to use a sling, a large sturdy hip (fanny) pack can help hold some of the weight, like a seat. Of course, you have to hold your child, but it helps a good bit. I still do this with my 35 pound 3yo.

Some of the attractions (I know of a few in AK) allow you to take the stroller part way through the line. Then when you exit the attraction your stroller will be on the way out.

My 23 month old was able to stand/walk in the lines. I don't think we carried him at all. But it was September and there really weren't any line. So I guess that didn't help much!

We feel safe leaving a stroller with some stuff in it - small diaper changing bag & ponchos. Valuables go with us.

There are also areas where you can't take a stroller - living seas, character areas, train rides, etc. Hopefully you won't end up carrying your child too often. They usually are happy to get out of their strollers for a while.

I agree with Gillian that your stroller should be safe with some things in it and that valuables should go with you. I put all our valuables in a backpack and when it is time to park the stroller I just grab the backpack.

One note though in case you're not aware...don't be alarmed if you come out of the ride and your stroller is not where you left it. CM's are known for moving strollers to "tidy up" the area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter