• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

accessable room layouts at

Ali and boyz

DIS Veteran
SSR and VB 2 Br dedicated rooms. we are going with 2 x DS, myself and husband and my mum and dad. as our son needs the master for the roll in shower etc we will give my mum and dad the other bedroom. I have seen the layout of the dedicated 2br at SSR and was wondering if they are the same at VB. when you log on to the disney website it looks like a long corrider with the rooms off each side and the living room at the end whereas in SSR on of the bedrooms was off the far end at the livingroom.

my mum and dad want us to have a shot at the bedroom but in SSR that would mean us going through the livingroom to get to DS (know what I mean !!) whereas VB looks like we wouldn't have to and then we will take them up on their offer

Are you sure there are dedicated accesible rooms at those resorts? We stayed in an accessible 2BR at Vero Beach some years ago now. It was a lockoff. Both bedrooms had rollin showers and the master had a jacuzzi tub as well. The living room was in between. The rooms are angled a bit giving you that bit of a corridor.

We haven't stayed at SSR but I though the rooms there were the same basic design as those at BCV and VWL. The 2BRs at BCV are definetly all lockoffs. Again both BRs have rollin showers and the master also has the tub. The living room is in between.

BCV23 said:
Are you sure there are dedicated accesible rooms at those resorts? We stayed in an accessible 2BR at Vero Beach some years ago now. It was a lockoff. Both bedrooms had rollin showers and the master had a jacuzzi tub as well. The living room was in between. The rooms are angled a bit giving you that bit of a corridor.

We haven't stayed at SSR but I though the rooms there were the same basic design as those at BCV and VWL. The 2BRs at BCV are definetly all lockoffs. Again both BRs have rollin showers and the master also has the tub. The living room is in between.

Yes we got shown round a dedicated 2br accessable at SSR when we bought last year. our guide knew our son was wheelchair bound so he showed us the ones that were suitable for him in order for us to get.

you went in throught the entrance door and the master with roll-in shower was to the left straight on a bit and there was the kitchen and livingroom on the other side. when you entered into the living room there was a door near the window to the right and this is what took you into the other bedroom. basically you couldn't get into the twin room from the front door if that makes sense. I took it that would have been the dedicated.

That sounds like the setup at BCV too which doesn't preclude it from being a lockoff. The second bedroom in BCV and VB also have a door to the hall from the second bedroom itself. That way that door you describe can be locked and the second bedroom becomes an accessible studio with its own outside door.

Didn't the second bathroom have a rollin shower and no tub? That is how it is setup at VB and BCV.

When you call member services, if you are very particular in your questions, they will ask Special Needs for you. Also be sure to have them guarantee the rollin shower with the help of Special Needs. If it is just marked a request, you might not get it.

BCV23 said:
That sounds like the setup at BCV too which doesn't preclude it from being a lockoff. The second bedroom in BCV and VB also have a door to the hall from the second bedroom itself. That way that door you describe can be locked and the second bedroom becomes an accessible studio with its own outside door.

Didn't the second bathroom have a rollin shower and no tub? That is how it is setup at VB and BCV.

When you call member services, if you are very particular in your questions, they will ask Special Needs for you. Also be sure to have them guarantee the rollin shower with the help of Special Needs. If it is just marked a request, you might not get it.

now I am confused :rotfl:
the second bedroom didn't have the roll-in shower just the master and if you say went into the second bedroom you couldn't get back out a different way. there was two queen sized beds and at the top furtherest away from the window and door into the room was the bathroom which was a double sink, and bath with the shower in the bath. def. only one kitchen. is that what the class as dedicated.

our confirmation states accessible room confirmed.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you!

The second door in lockoffs doesn't connect the rooms but rather affords access to the outside from the studio. If there was no such door in the second bedroom then you did see a dedicated room. I'm just surprised because it gives the resort less flexibility but maybe they figured out that met the demand best.

We like having a rollinshower in the second BR as it is our daughter who needs the rollin and we don't want to give up the king bed!

Great to hear you have it confirmed. Happy planning and have fun!

BCV23 said:
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you!

The second door in lockoffs doesn't connect the rooms but rather affords access to the outside from the studio. If there was no such door in the second bedroom then you did see a dedicated room. I'm just surprised because it gives the resort less flexibility but maybe they figured out that met the demand best.

We like having a rollinshower in the second BR as it is our daughter who needs the rollin and we don't want to give up the king bed!

Great to hear you have it confirmed. Happy planning and have fun!

doesn't take much to confuse me :rotfl:

think like you I would prefer the lock-off as it would give us more flexability re the wheelchair but will be pleased with whatever. :banana:

thanks for all your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter