Accessable Transportation From Disney World To Universal Orlando

Disneykidsdad

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of taking one day on a future WDW trip to visit Universal Orlando. I was just wondering if there was any type of accessable transportation available to and from WDW. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user and needs either a vehicle with a ramp or a lift. If all else fails we can lift her into a van and put her chair in the back.

There are accessible taxi vans and the Concierge or Bell Services at your resort can help you arrange for one.

Mears is contracted to provide exclusive service at Disney - including Magical Express and taxis. Mears has accessible vans and Town cars (the Town Cars are not accessible).
Checker Cab, City Cab and Yellow Cab are all divisions of Mears, so you will also see those taxis and accessible taxis.
Most accessible taxis have rear ramps.

Are any of the accessible taxi vans equipped to carry an ECV rented from Buena Vista Scooters? We will have 4 adults, 2 kids and an ECV and would like to travel for a day to Universal.
I would contact Mears. Most of the taxis are minivans but they do have some full size vans that are part of the company thought should be able to carry all of you.

I would contact Mears. Most of the taxis are minivans but they do have some full size vans that are part of the company thought should be able to carry all of you.
Thanks! I appreciate your suggestion.

An update in case someone else is interested in what I found out from contacting Mears. The largest accessible van taxi that Mears has will hold an EVC and 5 people. Since we needed to transport 6 people, this is not an option for us. The EVC takes more room and thus only 5 people can be seated.

Last edited:
If the ECV user has good balance, they may be able to stay on the ECV in the back of the van once it's tied down. Otherwise, you'll need an additionaltaxi, or Lyft/Über for part of the group.

Did you ask about the Mears Shuttle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!