Activating DVC AP- first timer!

kahluacream

Mouseketeer
Hello DVC experts! I’ve never had an annual pass before, but bought one several months ago using a special that I saw on the DVC member website.

When I bought the AP, member services gave me a confirmation number over the phone. I added that to my MDE app to book fastpasses.

Is this automatically linked to my magic band? When I get to the park next week, do I just tap in? Or do I have to go to guest services first? And, if a stop at guest services is required, can I do this in the hotel lobby or do I need to visit guest services at our first park (MK)?

The rest of my family will be using park hoppers that I got on the 7 days for the cost of 5 special. Will they need a guest services stop?

Sorry for so many questions, but I figured this was the best place to ask!

Thanks so much if anyone can help.

To activate the AP, you will need to stop at GS or any ticket booth and show your BLUE DVC card and photo ID. The others will just be able to go right in, as long as all are linked to your MDE account, which it sounds like you have since you have FP+. Remember that the AP comes with photo pass so get lots of photo taken. Have a great trip.

We just activated APs last month, and we were asked for the credit card that we'd used to pay for the passes also.

This info is so helpful. Thanks! I will be sure to bring my DVC card & ID. As for credit card, I’m pretty sure I paid for the AP with disney rewards dollars. I guess I will just be sure to bring my rewards card & Disney Visa. Hope this doesnt prolong the process.

For planning purposes, would you budget about half an hour at guest services/ticket booth?

Thanks again!

Where are you staying? Can't use the resort GS, you need a real GS or ticket window. Time in line will depend on the crowds and time of day. There is a GS at Disney Springs if you are in that area the night before, also the ticket booth at the TTC is a quick line usually. If at BCV or BWV maybe an evening stroll over to the International Gate ticket booth at EPCOT.
If the line is not bad it's only a few minutes to do the check in, don't forget to ask for your AP discount card when you check in.
Also bring your magic band so they can make sure it linked correctly.

Where are you staying? Can't use the resort GS, you need a real GS or ticket window. Time in line will depend on the crowds and time of day. There is a GS at Disney Springs if you are in that area the night before, also the ticket booth at the TTC is a quick line usually. If at BCV or BWV maybe an evening stroll over to the International Gate ticket booth at EPCOT.
If the line is not bad it's only a few minutes to do the check in, don't forget to ask for your AP discount card when you check in.
Also bring your magic band so they can make sure it linked correctly.

Staying at the Beach Club, planning to head straight to MK mid-day on arrival day. Fingers crossed the lines won’t be too long so we can make it to our first FP ride in time!

You can arrive 5 minutes early or up to 15 minutes late for the fastpass, have fun.

:scared1:

Pretty sure I paid for our APs with about 12 gift cards and visa rewards dollars. OMG . I hope I don't have to bring all that.

Maybe we just had dishonest faces or something. I know she was having a little trouble finding them on the computer, so maybe that's why she asked. And since we hadn't gotten any confirmation Email at the time, but we did get charged (I remember on our credit card statement) I was freaking out more than a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!