Adding a celebration to your trip?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
My wife and I will be visiting disney world for our first annivesary. Do we need to call up two separate numbers? One number to get the celebration added to our main reservation so it shows that it's our anniversary when we scan our magic bands? And another number to get it placed on all our dining reservations we have?

Someone may correct me if I am wrong, but you are correct. I booked my trip with a TA, so she added my mom's birthday to our room reservation. Therefore, you'll probably have to call disney's room reservation line (unsure of the number). However, I booked all our ADRs and had to call 407-WDW-DINE to get her birthday added to our dining reservations. It took the CM a little while to add it to all 6 of our reservations, but I didn't mind the wait, just a heads up. :)

My wife and I will be visiting disney world for our first annivesary. Do we need to call up two separate numbers? One number to get the celebration added to our main reservation so it shows that it's our anniversary when we scan our magic bands? And another number to get it placed on all our dining reservations we have?

Can you do it at the time of booking the reservations?

Yes, you'll need to call the resort reservation line to add it to your room reservation and call the dining line to have it noted on your dining reservations. Yes, you can do it at the time of booking or call back if you didn't do it at time of booking. I've never heard of celebrations showing up when scanning MB's. I would suggest getting celebration buttons to wear in the parks to notify CM's you are celebrating something.

You will have to call the Disney Dining number to add it to your dining reservations. You should also mention it to the castmembers when you check in so you can skip the phone call if you wish because none of the restaurants will make any advance preparations. There are literally thousands having celebrations when visiting DW (e.g. birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation, first visit, family reunion, life changing event) so other than castmembers congratulating you if you are wearing your celebration buttons there is no guarantee that your anniversary will be recognized. At restaurants it will depend on the server - some may bring you a complimentary dessert, champagne or something else while others won't even say congratulations. If recognition is important it is best to arrange and pay for something yourself.

It will be our 10-year anniversary on this upcoming trip, but I wasn't planning to add it to the reservations or anything. Other than a button, is there anything else that would matter? As purple figment suggests, I would expect it varies by the place. I am thinking that maybe I should plan to do something special while there -- perhaps a nice dinner at one of the better/best restaurants. If anyone has suggestions on that, I'm all ears . . .

I've never heard of celebrations showing up when scanning MB's. I would suggest getting celebration buttons to wear in the parks to notify CM's you are celebrating something.

This past March several times as our 10 year old son scanned his magic band at a ride the cast member would shout out, "Happy Birthday Ari!"

I booked everything online, but I suppose during a phone call for a tour conversation may have wandered to it being his birthday week.....either that or it just picked it up from his MDE profile.

It will be our 10-year anniversary on this upcoming trip, but I wasn't planning to add it to the reservations or anything. Other than a button, is there anything else that would matter? As purple figment suggests, I would expect it varies by the place. I am thinking that maybe I should plan to do something special while there -- perhaps a nice dinner at one of the better/best restaurants. If anyone has suggestions on that, I'm all ears . . .

2 years ago DH, adult DS and I celebrated our Anniversary at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC. It was wonderful. I had noted it when I made ADR and expected nothing. We got a personalized menu which was very nice and appreciated. The food and service were suburb.

Yes, you'll need to call the resort reservation line to add it to your room reservation and call the dining line to have it noted on your dining reservations. Yes, you can do it at the time of booking or call back if you didn't do it at time of booking. I've never heard of celebrations showing up when scanning MB's. I would suggest getting celebration buttons to wear in the parks to notify CM's you are celebrating something.
I've seen the celebration show up on the display when scanning MB for a FP. For what ever reason it doesn't do it every time but a few times I've turned to look and we've had a celebration noted it does appear.

It's just too much of a pain to call to just add a celebration so I only bother of I calling for some other reason and they ask. I liked it better when you could do it online

Last edited:
That's so funny, I was just on the phone with Disney and they asked me for about the hundredth time, are you celebrating anything? I said sure, I turn 44 a couple weeks before we arrive. So she added it to our reservation! :p (don't worry, I'm not expecting anything, just a "wow, you look way younger than 44" will suffice)

I feel like this is a long shot but...does anyone know if you can add a celebration to your resort reservation through the online chat on the disney website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts